Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

Just by being in the wild with their gear the pker is risking, a team or better pker could come at any minute and kill them. No it's not wrong. And neither is 1-iteming, it's just annoying as hell

So just to clarify this, if skillers should 'suck it up' if they get killed in the Wildy by PKers, so should those who lose their rapiers to 1-item D scimmers, right?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just by being in the wild with their gear the pker is risking, a team or better pker could come at any minute and kill them. No it's not wrong. And neither is 1-iteming, it's just annoying as hell

So just to clarify this, if skillers should 'suck it up' if they get killed in the Wildy by PKers, so should those who lose their rapiers to 1-item D scimmers, right?

Yes. It sucks that you died to someone not risking anything, but if you bring stuff into the wild expect to lose it.

yes.png

I should really find the article about scrub mentality and post it in here ... At one point we have to suck it up and leave the wilderness as it should be, but in the next moment we have to change it because they dont like it ...

http://www.calculatedplay.com/2010/03/throws-are-cheap-honor-rules-a-scrub-mentality/

I should really find the article about scrub mentality and post it in here ... At one point we have to suck it up and leave the wilderness as it should be, but in the next moment we have to change it because they dont like it ...

Scrub mentality? Is that referring to an animal or something or is it just [developmentally delayed] speak for noob?

yes.png

@ convo above.

My only point was saying that by changing the scim spec it would help fend of 1 itemers. Ya 1 iteming is not against any rules, however Jagex did not intend for people to 1 item and win either. With items like claws and K-sword you don't need armor to win a fight. Getting a KO 1-iteming in 08' would have been very difficult to pull off with a DDS+piety being your highest damage output.

As per rapier, I am a firm believer the Dungeon rewards system should be changed anyways. It should be 200k tokens to unlock the ability to buy a full rapier, which you can buy as many as you want for a small amount of tokens and gold (say 20k tokens and 2M gold?).

Either way if something is not changed about 1-iteming, it will be interesting to see how the PK'ing style changes to combat this. Maybe more people will start fighting in the higher wilderness instead?

My only point was saying that by changing the scim spec it would help fend of 1 itemers. Ya 1 iteming is not against any rules, however Jagex did not intend for people to 1 item and win either. With items like claws and K-sword you don't need armor to win a fight. Getting a KO 1-iteming in 08' would have been very difficult to pull off with a DDS+piety being your highest damage output.

What's interesting is what Jagex said recently

# - New objects that affect combat will be analysed on an individual basis

So does that mean things like K-sword and claws will possibly not be allowed in the wild? I'm really curious to see what this means

Agree with the chaotic too, although you should get some sort of drop for killing a guy using a Chaotic too

yes.png

Scrub mentality? Is that referring to an animal or something or is it just [developmentally delayed] speak for noob?

I posted the link - edumacate yourself

If it's Scrub as in some sort of insult, I'd rather not. I don't really care enough about this topic to educate myself either.

I shall quote myself with the tl;dr about the article

You shouldn't put limits when limits are not needed.

If it's Scrub as in some sort of insult, I'd rather not. I don't really care enough about this topic to educate myself either.

I shall quote myself with the tl;dr about the article

You shouldn't put limits when limits are not needed.

So what limits are you talking about?

e: making prayers unacceptable isn't putting a limit on it because it isn't "needed", it's putting a limit on it because no one wants to sit having a 1 v 1 pray fight with someone, both people never hitting above 20

yes.png

That things inside games are there because they're designed to be there, and you shouldn't place artificial 'bans' on certain things because it suits some people but not others, as this enters a [bleep]-for-tat which eventually ends with there being nothing of substance left in the game.

That things inside games are there because they're designed to be there, and you shouldn't place artificial 'bans' on certain things because it suits some people but not others, as this enters a [bleep]-for-tat which eventually ends with there being nothing of substance left in the game.

Except jagex [bleep]s up all the time. You think they meant for melee to be able to beat mage 1 on 1? Doesn't sound like much of a triangle to me. Or for people to be able to hit over 70 with one special? They can't really design things for both the wild and non wild, it doesn't seem to work too well

Also, what limits am I saying exactly?

Also, courtesy of tyrutu from zybez

pkmadnesscomicflatsharp.png

yes.png

Except jagex [bleep]s up all the time. You think they meant for melee to be able to beat mage 1 on 1?
Yet you don't find mages politely asking for meleers to only come into the wilderness with a DDS instead of claws, do you? :rolleyes:

This would be a scrub mentality; asking for something else to remove something from its metagame because you know it's going to beat you. Like somebody asking 999fishy not to use Steel Titans because apparently being a summoning pure is 'cheap'.

If you don't like the way Jagex have built the game, don't play it.

Except jagex [bleep]s up all the time. You think they meant for melee to be able to beat mage 1 on 1?
Yet you don't find mages politely asking for meleers to only come into the wilderness with a DDS instead of claws, do you? :rolleyes:

This would be a scrub mentality; asking for something else to remove something from its metagame because you know it's going to beat you. Like somebody asking 999fishy not to use Steel Titans because apparently being a summoning pure is 'cheap'.

If you don't like the way Jagex have built the game, don't play it.

There's a reason you rarely see mages in the wild. Jagex have pretty much accepted their triangle is broken and have tried and are trying to fix it. They didn't intend for melee to beat mage.

Again, what limits am I setting here?

e: Also, as far as I can tell your "scrub mentality" is some made up idea invented by stupid gamers.

e2: I don't even know how you can take a person who uses the word "scrub" unironically seriously

yes.png

e2: I don't even know how you can take a person who uses the word "scrub" unironically seriously

Weeell I'm not the one who screams that something is broken while there is nothing wrong with it. There is nothing stopping you from 1 iteming as well.

Please tell me nobody here actually thinks a warrior can beat a skilled mage

Mages have definitely got more power since ancients and staff of light and blah blah blah, but the fact that melee can wear range armour and still be able to melee effectively seems pretty ridiculous to me. Especially since that [cabbage] won't fly if a mage or ranger tries doing their thing in all melee armour

Weeell I'm not the one who screams that something is broken while there is nothing wrong with it. There is nothing stopping you from 1 iteming as well.

Sorry, where have I EVER complained about or said that 1 iteming is broken? It's a little stupid, but you're free to do what you want

yes.png

Mages have definitely got more power since ancients and staff of light and blah blah blah, but the fact that melee can wear range armour and still be able to melee effectively seems pretty ridiculous to me. Especially since that [cabbage] won't fly if a mage or ranger tries doing their thing in all melee armour

Even if a warrior has maxed-out mage def, it's still not enough to kill a mage, though. Nowadays magic can consistently defeat any opponent, regardless of circumstances thanks to miasmics and damage boosts

77yLQy8.png

Even if a warrior has maxed-out mage def, it's still not enough to kill a mage, though. Nowadays magic can consistently defeat any opponent, regardless of circumstances thanks to miasmics and damage boosts

Yeah mage is a lot better now. That was part of my point though. Them saying that jagex made the game and they did everything deliberately because they intended for the consequences to happen was pretty stupid to me. Them buffing up magic seems like they acknowledged and accepted that mage was underpowered and needed buffing

yes.png

First of all if your in max mage defence, you will beat a mage every time. Second the simplest fix for Jagex would be that dhide gives a negative melee bonus, it only seems fair since mages and rangers cant wear rune. If this did happen however it would change the game totally and new tactics would be needed for various tasks and bosses.

Almonds.png