Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

On another note, Jagex removed the counter from the front page. Speculate on what this means.

It's still there-- look to the right.

Ahah, you're right, I totally missed it. Apologies.

They did move it right as it hit 1m votes, so we might be able to speculate that this change is a forgone conclusion at this point. Jagex just may have not worked out all of the details yet.

On another note I see a lot of people complaining about PKs are going to be able to kill cluers and RCers again. Frankly back in the day I did probably close to 1000 clues and never got killed once. I had been speced/barraged going to mage bank, but that is no worse than any rev has done to me. Also I think they should get rid of pvp god things, this causes unnecessary inflation and give pks even more incentive to kill cluers/RC/people passing through. Also they need to make a new way to get PVP armour so that it isn't randomly dropped from a pk. They also can be gotten from some reward system like get X kills for X points and buy them from mandrith. Maybe if they were rewards for killing your target and you can only get a target if you have been in the wildy for more than 10 consecutive mins. That is enough time for most people to what they need to and leave before they become a target.

THIS!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So has it been confirmed that food will heal more? How will this affect prices.

*perk*

Wait, what? Where is this confirmation? :unsure:

It will heal more when you are wearing Torva armour, not with regular gear (only with torva melee, magic or ranged equipment), to help achieve max lifepoints in near enough the same amount of hp it does to get to your current max ;) so if it was 1300 lifepoints instead of 990 lifepoints, it might heal 260 a shark for example so 5 shark = 1300 LP instead of 5 = 1000 LP.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

*perk*

It will heal more when you are wearing Torva armour, not with regular gear (only with torva melee, magic or ranged equipment), to help achieve max lifepoints in near enough the same amount of hp it does to get to your current max ;) so if it was 1300 lifepoints instead of 990 lifepoints, it might heal 260 a shark for example so 5 shark = 1300 LP instead of 5 = 1000 LP.

Yes, thank you, but WHERE can this confirmation be found? :unsure:

nyuseg.png

I believe that one-itemers should get drops, to be fair. It's still a kill

Imo, seeing as there is no chance in losing anything then you shouldn't gain anything from it either.

It's like spinning roulette and if you lose, you get your money back.

*perk*

It was in a free trade FAQ, but I can't locate it, just take our word :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Imo, seeing as there is no chance in losing anything then you shouldn't gain anything from it either.

smite?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

smite?

Most 1-itemers don't bring food with them, so unless they stand around for 20-30 minutes without death, it would be very difficult to smite them out.

What they need to do is change the D-Scim special to drop not only protection prayers but ITEM protection prayers. This puts fear that scares people from 1-iteming, rather than block the 1-item mechanic directly.

It would also give an interesting twist on Pking in general. Would you use your special bar on a DDS or Kasori to have a higher chance to kill, or try and use a Scim special at the right time for a KO in hopes it drops their item protection.

smite?

Most 1-itemers don't bring food with them, so unless they stand around for 20-30 minutes without death, it would be very difficult to smite them out.

What they need to do is change the D-Scim special to drop not only protection prayers but ITEM protection prayers. This puts fear that scares people from 1-iteming, rather than block the 1-item mechanic directly.

It would also give an interesting twist on Pking in general. Would you use your special bar on a DDS or Kasori to have a higher chance to kill, or try and use a Scim special at the right time for a KO in hopes it drops their item protection.

No thanks...rather not lose my rapier to some lucky noob, who spec's with d scim than gets a venge kill.

Almonds.png

*perk*

It was in a free trade FAQ, but I can't locate it, just take our word :P

<_<

You're making this stuff up ...

:mellow:

nyuseg.png

No thanks...rather not lose my rapier to some lucky noob, who spec's with d scim than gets a venge kill.

Weeelll then ... don't pk with rapier o.O

Bit weird for a PKer to be saying that, given their defence along this whole thread has been, "Don't enter the Wilderness if you don't want to get PKed".

Weeelll then ... don't pk with rapier o.O

Bit weird for a PK to be saying that, given their defence along this whole thread has been, "Don't enter the Wilderness if you don't want to get PKed".

He shouldn't enter the wild with his RAPIER if he isn't prepared to lose it. Bring a whip or d scim or something, imo untradeables should be lost on death anyway (in the wild and assuming they aren't one of the 1 or 4 items you keep when you die)

yes.png

Finally decided to vote. After thinking it through, I voted yes.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Agreed, it's just the irony wasn't lost on me.

"I'm a skiller who doesn't want to be PKed" --> "Don't enter the Wildy then". --> "OMG stupid PKers"

"I'm a PKer who doesn't want to lose my rapier." --> "Don't PK with a rapier then." --> "OMG lucky D Scim 1-item noobs"

"I'm a PKer who doesn't want to lose my rapier." --> "Don't PK with a rapier then." --> "OMG lucky D Scim 1-item noobs"

Uhh, how did you get that out of what we said? I'm kind of curious how you landed at that some how

yes.png

Uhh, how did you get that out of what we said? I'm kind of curious how you landed at that some how

.... from here ?

I'm saying that skillers whining about PKers killing them when they've chosen to go into the Wilderness is similar to (some) PKers whining about losing their rapiers in the Wilderness when they've also chosen to take them there. Yet when the former says that, it's usually met on this thread with, "Go play an easier game, noob". Can't have your cake and eat it.

If you want me to elabourate further, you can ask without trying to patronise me in the process, by the way. :wink:

.... from here ?

He clearly meant that he doesn't want to lose his rapier while he ISN'T one iteming by making the d-scim spec turn off protect item prayer.

If you aren't prepared to risk anything, don't go in. If you want to bring items in that you don't want to risk, well, don't bring them in. Stay out or bring in another item

yes.png

He clearly meant that he doesn't want to lose his rapier while he ISN'T one iteming by making the d-scim spec turn off protect item prayer.

If you aren't prepared to risk anything, don't go in. If you want to bring items in that you don't want to risk, well, don't bring them in. Stay out or bring in another item

Well the opponent is clearly prepared to lose a dragon scimitar o.O

You shouldn't make limits when limits are needed. If he managed to kill you using only one item, then you deserve to lose ALL OF YOUR EQUIPMENT like it's meant to be.

Well the opponent is clearly prepared to lose a dragon scimitar o.O

Except 1 iteming means you keep your 1 item. (guy didn't originally say 1 item though, that was gringer's addition)

yes.png

PKers aren't risking anything in attacking unarmed skillers, some still do it. Is that therefore also wrong?

What are you talking about? A pker who is clearly risking items killing someone who is in the wild, which they know is dangerous, and then complaining about being killed vs a pker fighting a 1-itemer? What exactly are you trying to say here? Just by being in the wild with their gear the pker is risking, a team or better pker could come at any minute and kill them. No it's not wrong. And neither is 1-iteming, it's just annoying as hell

yes.png