Jimmyw3000

Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

I like how everyone is calling Jagex stupid and such for wanting more votes, trying to spread the word, saying they need more vote for them to actually do this.

Look...they're going to do it... wither or not they hit 1m votes...They're a company....they want money....to get money, they want people to start playing again.

By making this whole vote into a much bigger deal, it is spreading the word, even people playing other MMO's knows about this. They are bringing in a lot of old members, as well as new ones who were just playing their MMO's and heard about it.

This is just a bit of a scheme for them to make some more money, and it's working marvelously.

They're being far from stupid here....in some cases.

Very true, I definitely think Jagex is going to bring it back for the money reason alone, to speak nothing of the players.

I hope Jagex is reasonably prepared for RWT though. They said their "resources are better" or something now then it was three years back. Makes me wonder what kind of "secret weapon" or what catch free trade is going to have. It can't be so simple as "oh we now have more no-lifers working for us banning bots, so everything is good".

Doesnt mean they have to lie to their players..

They'e not, all they've done is say they want/expect 1m votes....and at the rate they're going, they're more than going to make it.

They might as well get some publicity out of it.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

If it's too good to be true, do the following; Look at the timestamp. Look at who posted that picture. Look for QFC. Look for spelling/grammar errors. Look for quality of the picture.

It's quite easy to guess if it's fake or not. Usually the pixel alignment is off or something like that, it's very rare to encounter a perfect fake.

Anyways, as we're nearing 1m votes, I'd say Free Trade/Wilderness is definitely coming back. Now, I want ideas for staker accounts... What stats and what weapons? >.>

if they are going to take off caps in the GE though, that would TANK the prices of rares (and hopefully, a santa hat will be worth 25M like it always was)

Um. Santa hats were perfectly fine at GE price and removing caps wouldn't have affected them at all.

Also, Santas were 10k at one point. Also 500k. Also 5m. Not sure where you get the idea they were "always" 25m- they've had a slow, general uptrend like every single other rare.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

if they are going to take off caps in the GE though, that would TANK the prices of rares (and hopefully, a santa hat will be worth 25M like it always was)

Um. Santa hats were perfectly fine at GE price and removing caps wouldn't have affected them at all.

Also, Santas were 10k at one point. Also 500k. Also 5m. Not sure where you get the idea they were "always" 25m- they've had a slow, general uptrend like every single other rare.

The removal of statuettes should have some effects though.

Weren't there like thousands of Santa hats being removed from the game by a couple of players? Thats why I thought they went up.

Weren't there like thousands of Santa hats being removed from the game by a couple of players? Thats why I thought they went up.

Those videos were fake.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

It's time for the wildy to come back. Honestly, I wish Jagex would just rollback to the Golden Age of 05 and 06, but if this is the best they can do so be it. It's time for Runescape to come back from the grave and for Ruinedscape to finally end.

NormaIize.png

It's time for the wildy to come back. Honestly, I wish Jagex would just rollback to the Golden Age of 05 and 06, but if this is the best they can do so be it. It's time for Runescape to come back from the grave and for Ruinedscape to finally end.

we pay we say1!

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

well, speaking as an 02-03er when the switch was made to RS2, there was a 15k ban on botters and macroers.

i believe jagex has solved the botting and RWT and before wildy and free trade returns we will see another massive banning or account resetting in the 100k-200k range.

there is no way jagex will start up free trade/wildy without dealing with the botters and farmers who are essentially prepping with their amassed fortunes.

well, speaking as an 02-03er when the switch was made to RS2, there was a 15k ban on botters and macroers.

i believe jagex has solved the botting and RWT and before wildy and free trade returns we will see another massive banning or account resetting in the 100k-200k range.

there is no way jagex will start up free trade/wildy without dealing with the botters and farmers who are essentially prepping with their amassed fortunes.

While I definitely agree this will be true, I'm still worried as to how Jagex plans on keeping the game bot-free or almost bot-free.

While I definitely agree this will be true, I'm still worried as to how Jagex plans on keeping the game bot-free or almost bot-free.

They don't, they've just realized that restricting trade did nothing whatsoever to harm botting or RWT, so why keep punishing everyone else?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I voted that I didn't really care, i'm looking forward to a little change actually.

But the thing i love about this is that it'll bring back all those people who would drop transfer items at the lumby castle in free world to their own other accounts, hello free pickings again :) I got a santa hat when they were about 20m from a drop transfer :) hopefully there will be as many nubs doing it as there used to be :P

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)

I wonder if we could finally use overloads to pk with when the wild returns?

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Time to make a pure and prepare to transfer all my money....loljagex.

(said in future tense)

I Dont see how this will help the standard population at all, and I like the min/max price of the ge, it tells what their selling for. It was a true economy where nothing was over or underpriced, and you can't scam the GE, unlike normal players. Now come the gold trimming/fake rare item(spinach roll) scamming, which is to bad. I was starting to like rs again, but now it's gonna be filled with scammers and botters, now that money can be exchaned freely. GG yew/flax spots.

Well if they just changed the "this trade is worth x gp to player y" at the bottom of trades and duels to the total price of each side's offer there would be no reason for anyone to ever get scammed unless by their own laziness. I also think this should remain just because it is helpful, especially when staking comes back. You wont have to guess the price of all of the crap someone is staking you once you have cleaned them. And for those who wish to trade unbalanced trades this feature wouldn't effect them at all. As it would just be the pricing on the screen rather than an actual trade limit.

They don't, they've just realized that restricting trade did nothing whatsoever to harm botting or RWT, so why keep punishing everyone else?

That's false. It was crippled for a while after the restrictions happened. It took some time before everyone had to find flaws within the system. Ontop of that it stopped most of the gold farming, and bald headed botters all over the fishing guild and yew trees. Yes, botting and rwt is now as big or bigger than it was before. But it say it did nothing whatsoever is taking it too far.

Every single world at the fishing guild, yew tree, and flax field was FILLED with hundreds of bots at any given time. Of course now people are botting on their main accounts, but that's precisely the change i am talking about. They delivered a large blow to the overall rwt community. It just evolved to make up for those changes.

jpegsigtest.jpg

They'e not, all they've done is say they want/expect 1m votes....and at the rate they're going, they're more than going to make it.

They might as well get some publicity out of it.

They are, forgot the 1.2m votes petition where you could only vote Yes? They said they'd be releasing wild and free trade after closing that one after it got alot of Yes's, and they just open up a new 1..

I voted that I didn't really care, i'm looking forward to a little change actually.

But the thing i love about this is that it'll bring back all those people who would drop transfer items at the lumby castle in free world to their own other accounts, hello free pickings again :) I got a santa hat when they were about 20m from a drop transfer :) hopefully there will be as many nubs doing it as there used to be :P

Yeah I used to do that, a good spot to hunt them used to be upstairs of the buildings around Varrock south entrance. Got a few rares doing that back in like '04. Ah the good old days.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

They dont.. the trade restrictions were like chopping off your hand because you broke a nail. It was way to much and hurt everyone else.

I cannot think of ANY OTHER MMO that had trade restrictions like that.

Fools_Taco.png

Also, supposedly Mod Mark H said something in the lines "The bad news will be on hold for the rest of January"

While a player a little bit lower said February instead.

And also, guy who post the pic just joined not too long ago with 1 post count...

Why do people still think they can make us believe in obvious fake pictures?