Jimmyw3000

Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

The problem with overloads is its 1-hit potential. TBH I don't think Jagex cares about accurately reflecting combat ability in someone's cb lvl (Pures did away with that a long time ago).

A player with Vesta's + fury+ neitiznot+fire cape+barrows gloves+ berserker ring + dragon boots+turmoil+extreme strength could potentially pull off a 925 claw spec according to the tipit max hit calc. This borders on unsurvivable. PvP would be reduced to who hits a high spec first (Not that it isn't already. Oh yeah, and veng).

Castle of Zoltar

The problem with overloads is its 1-hit potential. TBH I don't think Jagex cares about accurately reflecting combat ability in someone's cb lvl (Pures did away with that a long time ago).

A player with Vesta's + fury+ neitiznot+fire cape+barrows gloves+ berserker ring + dragon boots+turmoil+extreme strength could potentially pull off a 925 claw spec according to the tipit max hit calc. This borders on unsurvivable. PvP would be reduced to who hits a high spec first (Not that it isn't already. Oh yeah, and veng).

Solution to accurate cb lvl displaying, make defense useful. Make defense improve damage soaking bonuses (such as at 99 you get a passive 50% damage soak on all hits) instead of dodge bonus like it is now.

That would make pures obsolete and solve the potential 1 shot problem. This is not a hard concept either Jagex. If done correctly you should miss out on as much damage as you currently do (making bosses no more harder or easier however it would improve your survivability with high hits which is a major problem right now in runescape)

Edit: Not sure if I made this all that clear.

[hide]Lets say you do a slayer task which is to kill 100 of Monster A.

At 70 defense (you are wearing standard slayer armor which stays the same through this example) you get hit 2000 lp throughout the task. Dodging 8000 potential lp worth of damage.

At 99 defense you get hit 1000 lp throughout the task. Dodging 9000 lp worth of damage.

How defense works right now is monsters are more inclined to miss you when you have higher defense. Changing it to they will hit you everytime but that hit will be considerably lower with high defense levels then at lower level defense should yield the same results but severely lessen your risk of dying from HIGH hits, consistant hits will be the way to get killed still.

So at 70 defense (wearing the same armor of course) you get hit 2000 lp throughout the task. Absorbing 8000 lp worth of damage.

At 99 defense you get hit 1000 lp throughout the task. Absorbing 9000 lp worth of damage.

This may be very high absorption rates, but it can be balanced by a hybrid of dodge and mitigation as part of the defense skill. So say right now you passively dodge 50% of all damage it could be changed to 20% dodge and 30% mitigation.

So that would work like this:

70 defense (same same same armor) you get hit 2000 lp throughout the task. Dodging 5000 lp and absorbing 3000 lp.

At 99 defense you get hit 1000 lp throughout the task. Dodging 5000 lp and absorbing 4000 lp.

[/hide]

EditEdit: if I was the big guy in charge of Jagex, this would be the first thing I would do.

We can already do a 1 hit KO with chaotic maul first hit + granite maul specs. This is nothing new, and overloads are far from the only thing that can cause it.

If you want 1-hitting gone from PvP, you'll have to take out chaotics, Korasi's, and claws. Simple as that. But PKers don't like that because they can actually get those items.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

We can already do a 1 hit KO with chaotic maul first hit + granite maul specs. This is nothing new, and overloads are far from the only thing that can cause it.

If you want 1-hitting gone from PvP, you'll have to take out chaotics, Korasi's, and claws. Simple as that. But PKers don't like that because they can actually get those items.

Full dharock with low hp on super pots with boosting prayer can 1 hit...

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

I don't really care, but i voted no. Simply because i'm not a big fan of pking, and I like the wildy how it is. Bringing the old wildy back will probably make clan pking more successful (coz right now deep wildy is always empty). But bosses like kbd will be annoying to access for fear of being killed, even though it would make the lair less busy.

So this update has its ups and downs, but i prefer the wilderness as it is now.

edlenchensignaturebalan.jpg

Full dharock with low hp on super pots with boosting prayer can 1 hit...

Do people actually do that? Wouldn't they get PJ'ed?

Castle of Zoltar

If someone is willing to RISK ALL THAT GEAR and spend the hundreds of millions to get the herb level to get the potions we are talking about THEY HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO HAVE A SLIM CHANCE TO ONE SHOT THEIR TARGET

Thats a huge risk gear setup to go one shotting noobs in the wild.

If you think you are going to take 10s of millions worth of gear into the wild and expect to pray on people guess again...you become the target of opportunity because they are a walking loto ticket... how much are dclaws worth these days.

The wild is like north korea... if you go there you are on your own. I dont think bill clinton plays runescape so he will not save you.

Big risk big reward.

You cant lose what you dont put in the middle.

In the poker game of life, woman are the rake.

im out of stuff to say.

taco out.

Fools_Taco.png

^ But why should you be able to use something that isn't tradeable, is quite OP in pvp, and DOESN'T AFFECT COMBAT LEVEL?

yes.png

I still don't get the whole OVLS fight going on here.

They were added after 07, were tried in the pvp system, and failed. Therefore, jagex banned them.

What makes people believe that they wouldn't be ranted about with the old system.

OR are people just concerned about not beiing able to use the boosts on monsters such as the chaos elemental?

My view: I'm neutral.

Staurolite.png

I still don't get the whole OVLS fight going on here.

They were added after 07, were tried in the pvp system, and failed. Therefore, jagex banned them.

What makes people believe that they wouldn't be ranted about with the old system.

OR are people just concerned about not beiing able to use the boosts on monsters such as the chaos elemental?

My view: I'm neutral.

Personally, its more about consistency on Jagex's part.

They should give us a better explanation than this cb lvl crap.

Castle of Zoltar

Im getting sick of this. If some low level pure wants to struggle with the massive investment of 96 herb so he can one shot other people his combat level thats fine by me.

If you want to fight people with restrictions go staking...

The wild isn't Switzerland... the wild is international waters where somalie pirates can swoop down at any time and wreck your [cabbage].

Grow a pair.

I can see both sides of the argument, but I think it's a good idea not to allow untradeable pots in the wild, especially since herblore doesn't raise CB. Prayer and summoning both have advantages in combat that you can't trade, and they both raise CB. Does bring into question whether or not chaotic will be allowed though

Here's the biggest reason why it's irrelevant that Overloads do or do not raise combat level - 2003 versus 2010.

Ok, so two characters both with 99 in every combat trait minus summoning. Both are Level 126. So, if I pitted both of them against each other in the Wilderness the 2003 character will have an even match with the 2010 character, right? I mean, sure, the 2003 guy only has sharks, super sets, dragon chain and dragon long, protect prayers but he has that AWESOME level 126 combat. He can go toe to toe with a that other guy armed with curses, ancients, barrows, god swords, etc.

So yeah, anyone complaining that overloads don't raise combat and shouldn't be allowed missed the bigger picture that ALL EQUIPMENT whether worn because of combat, quests or other skills will raise combat potential. For the longest time, the best weapons and armor was limited to level 60 (70 for range armor) so getting skills above that level did not accomplish much. Then came level 70 and better. All of a sudden guys that were level 126 became deadlier despite already being maxed out in stats.

NEWSFLASH: The combat level system has been broken for years. Pardon me for not really caring about your CB level argument wrt herblore.

However, it's easy enough for Jagex to modify herblore to affect the combat level. Then there's no reason to complain as players use millions on the best equipment, they'll use millions on the support combat skills. Just think of these support skills as benefits of respective gods. Saradomin is prayer, Zamorak is summoning, Guthix is herblore.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

The first part made some sense, but then you lost me.

I don't think making herblore a combat skill is the best idea. Think about it, the benifit only comes at 88+. That's 11 combat levels with no boosts to your combat abilities, That wouldn't work imo.

Staurolite.png

Im getting sick of this. If some low level pure wants to struggle with the massive investment of 96 herb so he can one shot other people his combat level thats fine by me.

If you want to fight people with restrictions go staking...

The wild isn't Switzerland... the wild is international waters where somalie pirates can swoop down at any time and wreck your [cabbage].

Grow a pair.

I can see both sides of the argument, but I think it's a good idea not to allow untradeable pots in the wild, especially since herblore doesn't raise CB. Prayer and summoning both have advantages in combat that you can't trade, and they both raise CB. Does bring into question whether or not chaotic will be allowed though

Here's the biggest reason why it's irrelevant that Overloads do or do not raise combat level - 2003 versus 2010.

Ok, so two characters both with 99 in every combat trait minus summoning. Both are Level 126. So, if I pitted both of them against each other in the Wilderness the 2003 character will have an even match with the 2010 character, right? I mean, sure, the 2003 guy only has sharks, super sets, dragon chain and dragon long, protect prayers but he has that AWESOME level 126 combat. He can go toe to toe with a that other guy armed with curses, ancients, barrows, god swords, etc.

So yeah, anyone complaining that overloads don't raise combat and shouldn't be allowed missed the bigger picture that ALL EQUIPMENT whether worn because of combat, quests or other skills will raise combat potential. For the longest time, the best weapons and armor was limited to level 60 (70 for range armor) so getting skills above that level did not accomplish much. Then came level 70 and better. All of a sudden guys that were level 126 became deadlier despite already being maxed out in stats.

NEWSFLASH: The combat level system has been broken for years. Pardon me for not really caring about your CB level argument wrt herblore.

However, it's easy enough for Jagex to modify herblore to affect the combat level. Then there's no reason to complain as players use millions on the best equipment, they'll use millions on the support combat skills. Just think of these support skills as benefits of respective gods. Saradomin is prayer, Zamorak is summoning, Guthix is herblore.

You are right.

All this debate proves is that the current combat level system has failed in the current game.

They should just use the same code from summoning... once you drink the potion your combat level changes.

I am not being sarcastic either... your post made sense.

Fools_Taco.png

Overloads and extremes worked fine in PvP; but, guess what? The whiners overwhelmed the forums and spammed relentlessly causing Jagex to think that EVERYONE wanted them gone. It happened with free trade removal and wild removal. People spammed and Jagex thought everyone wanted them back. Right now, 641,153 people have voted, 577037 people have said yes. That's maybe half of the current number of members Jagex has. When it comes down to it, spamming never shows the general consensus of the population. Why haven't millions of people voted? Because THEY DON'T CARE...You can't say more than 650K different players haven't been on over this Holiday season/break. On a related note...

mmh1mvotes.png

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

mmh1mvotes.png

Last line rephrased:

"We need for this publicity stunt to actually WORK, so go tell your friends if you actually want it back!"

Also, gf to those who botted the first petition; it's starting to gnaw your butt and might bite it eventually.

a70c7.png

I hope they don't seriously expect to get that many votes.

Even I (because I was bored and curious if it would work) started making up usernames in the original petition. They worked.

I hope they don't seriously expect to get that many votes.

Even I (because I was bored and curious if it would work) started making up usernames in the original petition. They worked.

Pkers dont even need to create an account, they already have pures in every bracket.

The loudest population in rsof are pkers anyway, I seriously doubt those non-pkers will bother to hold a riot like the one in 07 after wild is put back in.

Although Im not those "nostagia type" that insist on pking right in lumbridge like 2001, but I still dont understand why pkers prefer to pk in wild rather than pk in everywhere like pvp world now?

Although Im not those "nostagia type" that insist on pking right in lumbridge like 2001, but I still dont understand why pkers prefer to pk in wild rather than pk in everywhere like pvp world now?

The loot system is rubbish right now. Drop someone for 20m+? Enjoy the 100k on the ground. Want good loot? Wait around for a few hours to get your EP up/to get a target. Also 76king + hyper inflation + items being lost when you die instead of switching hands

yes.png

mmh1mvotes.png

Last line rephrased:

"We need for this publicity stunt to actually WORK, so go tell your friends if you actually want it back!"

Also, gf to those who botted the first petition; it's starting to gnaw your butt and might bite it eventually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2nWh6wui0

1:35.

Is that addressed to me, MMH, or both of us?

a70c7.png

If JAGAX is just messing with us and they dont implement this after SO MANY VOTES ill be pretty disappointed.

Fools_Taco.png

mmh1mvotes.png

Last line rephrased:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2nWh6wui0

1:35.

Is that addressed to me, MMH, or both of us?

Oh, whoops. I thought you were the original poster of that screenshot. Yes, that was addressed exclusively to MMH. Apologies for the confusion.

QUOTE PYRAMID

Oh, whoops. I thought you were the original poster of that screenshot. Yes, that was addressed exclusively to MMH. Apologies for the confusion.

Apologies accepted. :P

Edit: As a side note, I read the topic that screenshot came from. It's basically 8 more pages of people yelling at MMH, and 1 page of a guy spamming "bump" every 12 seconds.

And I still think that if this is unintentional, it makes it an even funnier way of messing with the people who voted in the petition illegitimately. Even if the vote still passes, it's kinda funny to see the sweat and flames about it. :razz:

a70c7.png

The first part made some sense, but then you lost me.

I don't think making herblore a combat skill is the best idea. Think about it, the benifit only comes at 88+. That's 11 combat levels with no boosts to your combat abilities, That wouldn't work imo.

Not sure where I lost you. The ability to get higher combat level has not made players more deadly. It's been the release of items that have not affected combat level that did that. True, some items you need a 70 or 80 range/atk/mage but others required no combat skills yet still make for a deadlier player.

About herblore combat level, I've posted a number of times that IF combat level is affected, that Jagex release a number of lower level but untradeable potions. That way, you get herblore combat benefits from skill level 3+. Such potions can be something as simple as "Mixed STR + ATK" potion, or ability to mix Def with Range Potion, or a Super ATK potion that keeps the boosts for 5 minutes with no degrade, etc. Just toss those potions all along the herblore skill.

As such, if you have any of these untradeable potions in your inventory your combat level gets boosted. To prevent abuse (shifting combat level while in the wild), just have it to where you can't mix untradeable potions in a PvP area.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit