Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

I'm still of the opinion that if they ban extremes in PvP, they should also ban turmoil and soulsplit. After all, I don't want to have to spend millions on Prayer just to have a massive advantage, and since that argument worked for extremes, why shouldn't it work for Prayer?

a70c7.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still of the opinion that if they ban extremes in PvP, they should also ban turmoil and soulsplit. After all, I don't want to have to spend millions on Prayer just to have a massive advantage, and since that argument worked for extremes, why shouldn't it work for Prayer?

Because prayer adds to combat level.

Nevermind the hypocrisy that just because some other advantages that also don't add to combat are easier to get, they aren't banned.

Also nevermind the simple fact that turmoil gives many more combat levels worth of advantage than the combat levels 95 prayer actually adds.

So let me ask you this. Tomorrow, Jagex removes all skill requirements for making extreme potions. However, before you can make any of them, you have to finish a quest that requires 96 Herblore. The quest can be as simple as talking to 2 or 3 people and you get 1 quest point and the ability to make extreme pots and Overloads as a reward.

Would that make them acceptable for PvP, since it's now a quest?

What quest exactly required any 90+ non combat skill again? And where exactly did my argument get turned into "dude, it's not a quest reward. it obviously shouldn't be allowed"? i don't really see how the fact that quests, which have negligible skill requirements can prove consistency with allowing for ovl/extremes to be allowed. I mean untill 99 fletching allows me to make an untradeable bow that's broken like ovl/extremes, or 99 cook lets me make food that heals 800LP in one bite, the consistency argument is pretty asinine.

I'll concede that the principle that other non cb factors affecting pvp is valid, but not to the point of game breaking pots that allow you to one shot a maxed player with the right conditions. There isn't anything remotely viable to compare the effect herblore has compared to any other noncb skill. If you want to make a consistency argument, you have to have something of a similar magnitude to compare it to, not just a principle.

Dung rewards = minigame rewards, in which losing them means the time you already spent was wasted.

Not to mention all the other arguments mentioned by me and others about how broken pvp would become, that was turned into "omg we can'tz afford herblore and thats the only reason why".

When is Jagex planning to reintroduce free trade and wilderness again really? Because if you look at the market, it seems like most people it will be like...Tomorrow? Which really won't happen. Stop panicing guys.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I'm still of the opinion that overloads should be allowed..

However the problem is the big gab between no use = huge use in herblore. There should also be "minor overloads" at lvls like 60 & 40..

That way everyone can get at least part of the advantage!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

The two reasons for not allowing overloads/extremes (not reflected in cb / 1-hitting a lvl 138) both reflect broken aspects of the game.

Combat level is now useless for judging a player's PvM ability at 80+ and PvP ability at all levels. This was broken WAY before overloads/extremes (Pures were rampant in RS Classic too I believe?). Jagex needs to come up with a better way of calculating a player's combat level. Give more weight to Max hit, and make prayer increase cb at discrete intervals (41->42 and 42->43 increase a player's cb as if it reflected a continuous increase in combat ability. This isn't right.).

1-hitting is a much bigger problem. BUT the real problem isn't 1-hitting per se, it's the fact that our hitpoints are ridiculously easy to rip through. Even though 1-hitting is infeasible right now, a lot of PKing has degraded into clawspec + veng. As many people have said before, defense needs to be completely reworked. Damage soaking armour isn't a real solution since it doesn't help much against claws. And although nobody can be sure before actually trying it, I doubt torva armour will fix PvP either. It will spend months being too expensive for the average player and when its price falls enough for the general population to use, it will completely homogenize PvP (Yeah, variety's supposed to be a good thing. I'd nearly forgotten since the fall of the triangle). How defense should be reworked without ruining PvM is a complex problem, and merits its own thread.

Banning overloads/extremes was a way to keep a decaying system from completely breaking down. Chaotics, korasi's, void etc isn't banned because it doesn't immediately break everything. Overloads/extremes would have turned PvP into a hit-and-run bloodbath. Jagex needs to stop putting band-aids on bullet wounds.

Castle of Zoltar

What?

The PKer's (pures) don't want to allow overloads?!?!

The PKer's (pures) don't want to allow Prayers?!?!

The PKer's (pures) don't want to allow anything that may "unbalance" the combat level of another player?!?!?

Say it ain't SO Joe!

/sarcasm

:roll:

nyuseg.png

again, i haven't really seen a good reason as to why overloads in particular should be banned and not, for example, dungeoneering weaponry or ancient curses. the restriction seems arbitrary.

what jagex really needs to do is continue reducing the strength of weapons in pvp. constitution pots, lp-raising armor, etc.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

again, i haven't really seen a good reason as to why overloads in particular should be banned and not, for example, dungeoneering weaponry or ancient curses. the restriction seems arbitrary.

what jagex really needs to do is continue reducing the strength of weapons in pvp. constitution pots, lp-raising armor, etc.

Yes and no. There is NO good reason to ban anything from the wilderness. Period.

The POINT behind the "old wilderness" was supposedly the "risk" factor involved.

If they're going to hang their ass out over the edge in the wilderness in an effort to obtain "better" loot, then they'd better damn well be prepared to meet every single type of danger there is out there.

If they get owned, too bad -- it's their own damn fault for going out there in the first place ...

<_<

nyuseg.png

It's not just pkers who don't want overloads in PVP.

Yup its pkers and the people who can't make them yet :thumbup:

It's the 138's who can get hit for a large percentage of their total LP. Some of them can make overloads.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Just make the pots trade-able and be done with it or just leave it as it is, like others have said dungeoneering does not boost combat, so why cant we use our hard earned herblore? I cant see how they would be able to prevent them being used anyway since we would need to use them in wildy for other purposes. :unsure:

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

You can lose chaotic weponary, you can't lose your herblore level. Magic adds to your combat level.

As for what i think, having gotten 99 herblore before the removal of wilderness(thus my opinion shouldn't be clouded by having trained herblore just for the potions), i think the potions shouldn't be used in pvp. They add a significant advantage to ones combat ability without differentiating between them, and they would really screw up the balance in pvp. Not allowing them is an easy fix to not killing pvp from the start.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Make sure I got this right: The wild is supposed to be a dangerous place, and all noobs afraid of dying should stay out. However, Extremes and overloads make the wild too dangerous for pkers and should be banned. Hmm, so altering the mechanics of the game to ensure a enjoyment by the subset is ok.

Anyway, since we're shifting subjects to virtual combat level, that's been suggested for years now. Consider, your "combat level" only applies if you have ZERO items in your inventory. Having a weapon increases your STR and ATK, having a bow and ammo increases your RNG, having food increases your HP, having pots can increase many items, having armor increases your DEF, etc, etc, etc. Trust me, a fully decked out player with 99's in all combat is MUCH, MUCH more deadly than a level 138 monster. However, a level 138 with ZERO items would be killed easily by a player with only 60's in skills yet fully equipped. This has been the major drive behind pures allowing them to have a much more powerful weapon at the expense of no armor yet still puts them at a virtually more higher combat potential.

It's actually not that difficult for the game to display virtual levels. Heck, it can show three levels each for Mage/Range/Melee. Not sure how you can implement that in the way the Wilderness currently works ensuring only those within certain combat levels can fight each other. Personally, I think it can work with some effort to balance it out. Plus, imagine at the duel arena where you get to see your opponents virtual combat level which alters based on the dueling conditions. No more people pretending to only being able to wield rune or certain scams designed to restrict combat ability covertly.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Make sure I got this right: The wild is supposed to be a dangerous place, and all noobs afraid of dying should stay out. However, Extremes and overloads make the wild too dangerous for pkers and should be banned. Hmm, so altering the mechanics of the game to ensure a enjoyment by the subset is ok.

Anyway, since we're shifting subjects to virtual combat level, that's been suggested for years now. Consider, your "combat level" only applies if you have ZERO items in your inventory. Having a weapon increases your STR and ATK, having a bow and ammo increases your RNG, having food increases your HP, having pots can increase many items, having armor increases your DEF, etc, etc, etc. Trust me, a fully decked out player with 99's in all combat is MUCH, MUCH more deadly than a level 138 monster. However, a level 138 with ZERO items would be killed easily by a player with only 60's in skills yet fully equipped. This has been the major drive behind pures allowing them to have a much more powerful weapon at the expense of no armor yet still puts them at a virtually more higher combat potential.

It's actually not that difficult for the game to display virtual levels. Heck, it can show three levels each for Mage/Range/Melee. Not sure how you can implement that in the way the Wilderness currently works ensuring only those within certain combat levels can fight each other. Personally, I think it can work with some effort to balance it out. Plus, imagine at the duel arena where you get to see your opponents virtual combat level which alters based on the dueling conditions. No more people pretending to only being able to wield rune or certain scams designed to restrict combat ability covertly.

Agreed 100%.

I find it ironic that the "old wildy" is not even restored yet, and the Pkers are already whining about it. :lol:

Sadly -- the PKer's want their cake and to eat it too. They want to be able to "safely" PK other players with lesser abilities and not have to face down players with greater abilities.

Personally -- IMO -- if you want to "PK old wildy style", then man the hell up and take your licks, already. :angry:

It's not the fault that someone else has got better skills than you. Get over it.

nyuseg.png

I’m personally not against the removal, I’m for it, allowing more freedom of buying what we desire, without being capped at the price we want, right now a major percentage of trades are dealt through the grand exchange, although it’s convenient, it means it’s easy to filter items and hoard them to be manipulated.

Staking was popular with staking rare items, or large sums of cash, now the different is there is chaotic weaponry, and special attack weapons like Korasi’s sword, since two-handed weapons will be hard to agree on for the likes of a shield cheating, so claws will not really be used in staking. Staking may seem risky to you, but the thing you have to understand is it means rare items are a currency and will be rapidly circulating around players being staked, which means they aren’t hoarded like they are now, they’ll be flowing between players, people selling them onto other people because they’d rather have the money than the hat.

The thing is, 2 main skills appeal player in the pking world now, herblore and prayer that weren’t that sought after in 2007, sure piety was out in preparation for god wars in august 2007 but there wasn’t curse prayers back then, I’ve already prepared and bought a good friend of mine 99 prayer (frost bones) and herblore (Irit (unf) -> super attack -> extreme attack) for 490M combined, although yes It may be cheaper when trade caps removed, I’m not entirely sure it will be, it’ll be sure to be harder to manipulate if free trade returns.

The main issue is, when free trade does return, do skills get cheaper? Or more expensive? I’d sway towards cheaper, but it’s hard to tell, now with level resetting it’ll seem easier to cut out the supply, every time an account has 85 dungeoneering for example and they macro Frost dragons if that’s possible then sure they could set the price as 10k a frost dragon bone, but they’ll be reset to 2 dungeoneering, meaning that the supply goes and then the price should readjust to the demand, but that is just one skill, it’s harder to say cut out oak or mahogany planks, they have no requirements to take them to the sawmill so I see construction getting cheaper, if the logs cost more than the planks then people won’t by the logs and so they will have to naturally readjust, herblore is hard to get cheaper because the demand of more than just skillers now wanting it, and you can’t grind for herbs, people saying “pkers will be too lazy to get herblore” I’d say wrong, it gives you a huge advantage as it doesn’t add combat levels. Although with the skill resets it seems more tedious but then again if the macro they used to get banned after a very long while, so this time I hope there are more frequent resets and more resources on Jagexs side to stop it effecting daily routine.

I acted on herblore and prayer before the trade cap is lifted, because I see Jagex having no option, 1 Million votes or not, now they’ve taunted players showing it’s possible it’s going to be demanded to be brought back by all players who have voted in the poll and seen the massive percentage that want it introduced, players will once again set the price, less trades will filter through the grand exchange, rare items will circulate between players not staying static anymore, the game will have more depth as a result and more risk, there are still a lot of ifs and buts, as a player I’m waiting to take advantage and help some friends as my wealth I don’t like rare items or divines etc, so my money is going to help friends, which I have already spent more of a figure than I let off.

Torva the new armour I feel will be introduced before the time of the lift because it allows people to prepare, or at the same time so people can pay outrageous amounts which I’ve already got all my overloads and restores and brews for that, and enough weapons to make airport security go mental, will this be harder than the Corporeal Beast? Probably, it’s been 2 years since the last boss now, and it’ll also be harder to get into I bet, how will it be introduced is the question.

The talking point for me is, how the macro detection will be in efficiency for resetting botters making things like pure essence cheaper, how do they stop real world traders again, how often will they allow before skill resets because this is a big one for things that you need 70+ skills for (not that hard to get). What will happen to prices of skills? Will magic seeds be 150k instead of 250k for example, will the grand exchange still be used if it doesn’t have a buy price, how will old merchanting conflict with the grand exchange.

I can’t wait for staking returning, merchanting clans fading, and being able to buy things once more at a price you negotiate and trading normally which stops things being so anonymous.

One thing I would like to be implemented bank to bank trading, like it was supposed to be introduced in 2004, but a small change you can basically set up a price on the RuneScape forums and trade it from that page integrating the two services without having to meet in-game.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Honestly, the biggest reason I don't want OVL in PvP is because it'd drastically drive up the price of what is already by far the most expensive potion to make, at around 75k per three dose potion.

And yes, I can make them. :rolleyes:

They just need to make say Torva drop noted Torstol ;)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I like it.

I've got an idea: We keep the 'combat level', the same as it is right now. It's a base measure of how developed your character alone is in combat, ignoring all outside influences. What you suggest, can be 'combat ability'. That's a measure of how good your character is at dealing out damage and defeating opponents when you factor in boosts, equipment and familiars that you have on you, and you can have up to three 'ability' ratings at the same time depending on if you have a melee weapon, ranged weapon, or combat runes. The Wilderness can then be based on that.

~ W ~

sigzi.png