Jimmyw3000

Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

It's not just pkers who don't want overloads in PVP.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Yup its pkers and the people who can't make them yet :thumbup:

again, i haven't really seen a good reason as to why overloads in particular should be banned and not, for example, dungeoneering weaponry or ancient curses. the restriction seems arbitrary.

what jagex really needs to do is continue reducing the strength of weapons in pvp. constitution pots, lp-raising armor, etc.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

again, i haven't really seen a good reason as to why overloads in particular should be banned and not, for example, dungeoneering weaponry or ancient curses. the restriction seems arbitrary.

what jagex really needs to do is continue reducing the strength of weapons in pvp. constitution pots, lp-raising armor, etc.

Yes and no. There is NO good reason to ban anything from the wilderness. Period.

The POINT behind the "old wilderness" was supposedly the "risk" factor involved.

If they're going to hang their ass out over the edge in the wilderness in an effort to obtain "better" loot, then they'd better damn well be prepared to meet every single type of danger there is out there.

If they get owned, too bad -- it's their own damn fault for going out there in the first place ...

<_<

nyuseg.png

Yup its pkers and the people who can't make them yet :thumbup:

It's the 138's who can get hit for a large percentage of their total LP. Some of them can make overloads.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Just make the pots trade-able and be done with it or just leave it as it is, like others have said dungeoneering does not boost combat, so why cant we use our hard earned herblore? I cant see how they would be able to prevent them being used anyway since we would need to use them in wildy for other purposes. :unsure:

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

You can lose chaotic weponary, you can't lose your herblore level. Magic adds to your combat level.

As for what i think, having gotten 99 herblore before the removal of wilderness(thus my opinion shouldn't be clouded by having trained herblore just for the potions), i think the potions shouldn't be used in pvp. They add a significant advantage to ones combat ability without differentiating between them, and they would really screw up the balance in pvp. Not allowing them is an easy fix to not killing pvp from the start.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I'd have no problem with OVL in the Wild, if Jagex had done damage absorption properly. But as it stands, damage absorb hardly helps.

td2sig.jpg

Make sure I got this right: The wild is supposed to be a dangerous place, and all noobs afraid of dying should stay out. However, Extremes and overloads make the wild too dangerous for pkers and should be banned. Hmm, so altering the mechanics of the game to ensure a enjoyment by the subset is ok.

Anyway, since we're shifting subjects to virtual combat level, that's been suggested for years now. Consider, your "combat level" only applies if you have ZERO items in your inventory. Having a weapon increases your STR and ATK, having a bow and ammo increases your RNG, having food increases your HP, having pots can increase many items, having armor increases your DEF, etc, etc, etc. Trust me, a fully decked out player with 99's in all combat is MUCH, MUCH more deadly than a level 138 monster. However, a level 138 with ZERO items would be killed easily by a player with only 60's in skills yet fully equipped. This has been the major drive behind pures allowing them to have a much more powerful weapon at the expense of no armor yet still puts them at a virtually more higher combat potential.

It's actually not that difficult for the game to display virtual levels. Heck, it can show three levels each for Mage/Range/Melee. Not sure how you can implement that in the way the Wilderness currently works ensuring only those within certain combat levels can fight each other. Personally, I think it can work with some effort to balance it out. Plus, imagine at the duel arena where you get to see your opponents virtual combat level which alters based on the dueling conditions. No more people pretending to only being able to wield rune or certain scams designed to restrict combat ability covertly.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Make sure I got this right: The wild is supposed to be a dangerous place, and all noobs afraid of dying should stay out. However, Extremes and overloads make the wild too dangerous for pkers and should be banned. Hmm, so altering the mechanics of the game to ensure a enjoyment by the subset is ok.

Anyway, since we're shifting subjects to virtual combat level, that's been suggested for years now. Consider, your "combat level" only applies if you have ZERO items in your inventory. Having a weapon increases your STR and ATK, having a bow and ammo increases your RNG, having food increases your HP, having pots can increase many items, having armor increases your DEF, etc, etc, etc. Trust me, a fully decked out player with 99's in all combat is MUCH, MUCH more deadly than a level 138 monster. However, a level 138 with ZERO items would be killed easily by a player with only 60's in skills yet fully equipped. This has been the major drive behind pures allowing them to have a much more powerful weapon at the expense of no armor yet still puts them at a virtually more higher combat potential.

It's actually not that difficult for the game to display virtual levels. Heck, it can show three levels each for Mage/Range/Melee. Not sure how you can implement that in the way the Wilderness currently works ensuring only those within certain combat levels can fight each other. Personally, I think it can work with some effort to balance it out. Plus, imagine at the duel arena where you get to see your opponents virtual combat level which alters based on the dueling conditions. No more people pretending to only being able to wield rune or certain scams designed to restrict combat ability covertly.

Agreed 100%.

I find it ironic that the "old wildy" is not even restored yet, and the Pkers are already whining about it. :lol:

Sadly -- the PKer's want their cake and to eat it too. They want to be able to "safely" PK other players with lesser abilities and not have to face down players with greater abilities.

Personally -- IMO -- if you want to "PK old wildy style", then man the hell up and take your licks, already. :angry:

It's not the fault that someone else has got better skills than you. Get over it.

nyuseg.png

I’m personally not against the removal, I’m for it, allowing more freedom of buying what we desire, without being capped at the price we want, right now a major percentage of trades are dealt through the grand exchange, although it’s convenient, it means it’s easy to filter items and hoard them to be manipulated.

Staking was popular with staking rare items, or large sums of cash, now the different is there is chaotic weaponry, and special attack weapons like Korasi’s sword, since two-handed weapons will be hard to agree on for the likes of a shield cheating, so claws will not really be used in staking. Staking may seem risky to you, but the thing you have to understand is it means rare items are a currency and will be rapidly circulating around players being staked, which means they aren’t hoarded like they are now, they’ll be flowing between players, people selling them onto other people because they’d rather have the money than the hat.

The thing is, 2 main skills appeal player in the pking world now, herblore and prayer that weren’t that sought after in 2007, sure piety was out in preparation for god wars in august 2007 but there wasn’t curse prayers back then, I’ve already prepared and bought a good friend of mine 99 prayer (frost bones) and herblore (Irit (unf) -> super attack -> extreme attack) for 490M combined, although yes It may be cheaper when trade caps removed, I’m not entirely sure it will be, it’ll be sure to be harder to manipulate if free trade returns.

The main issue is, when free trade does return, do skills get cheaper? Or more expensive? I’d sway towards cheaper, but it’s hard to tell, now with level resetting it’ll seem easier to cut out the supply, every time an account has 85 dungeoneering for example and they macro Frost dragons if that’s possible then sure they could set the price as 10k a frost dragon bone, but they’ll be reset to 2 dungeoneering, meaning that the supply goes and then the price should readjust to the demand, but that is just one skill, it’s harder to say cut out oak or mahogany planks, they have no requirements to take them to the sawmill so I see construction getting cheaper, if the logs cost more than the planks then people won’t by the logs and so they will have to naturally readjust, herblore is hard to get cheaper because the demand of more than just skillers now wanting it, and you can’t grind for herbs, people saying “pkers will be too lazy to get herblore” I’d say wrong, it gives you a huge advantage as it doesn’t add combat levels. Although with the skill resets it seems more tedious but then again if the macro they used to get banned after a very long while, so this time I hope there are more frequent resets and more resources on Jagexs side to stop it effecting daily routine.

I acted on herblore and prayer before the trade cap is lifted, because I see Jagex having no option, 1 Million votes or not, now they’ve taunted players showing it’s possible it’s going to be demanded to be brought back by all players who have voted in the poll and seen the massive percentage that want it introduced, players will once again set the price, less trades will filter through the grand exchange, rare items will circulate between players not staying static anymore, the game will have more depth as a result and more risk, there are still a lot of ifs and buts, as a player I’m waiting to take advantage and help some friends as my wealth I don’t like rare items or divines etc, so my money is going to help friends, which I have already spent more of a figure than I let off.

Torva the new armour I feel will be introduced before the time of the lift because it allows people to prepare, or at the same time so people can pay outrageous amounts which I’ve already got all my overloads and restores and brews for that, and enough weapons to make airport security go mental, will this be harder than the Corporeal Beast? Probably, it’s been 2 years since the last boss now, and it’ll also be harder to get into I bet, how will it be introduced is the question.

The talking point for me is, how the macro detection will be in efficiency for resetting botters making things like pure essence cheaper, how do they stop real world traders again, how often will they allow before skill resets because this is a big one for things that you need 70+ skills for (not that hard to get). What will happen to prices of skills? Will magic seeds be 150k instead of 250k for example, will the grand exchange still be used if it doesn’t have a buy price, how will old merchanting conflict with the grand exchange.

I can’t wait for staking returning, merchanting clans fading, and being able to buy things once more at a price you negotiate and trading normally which stops things being so anonymous.

One thing I would like to be implemented bank to bank trading, like it was supposed to be introduced in 2004, but a small change you can basically set up a price on the RuneScape forums and trade it from that page integrating the two services without having to meet in-game.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Honestly, the biggest reason I don't want OVL in PvP is because it'd drastically drive up the price of what is already by far the most expensive potion to make, at around 75k per three dose potion.

And yes, I can make them. :rolleyes:

td2sig.jpg

Honestly, the biggest reason I don't want OVL in PvP is because it'd drastically drive up the price of what is already by far the most expensive potion to make, at around 75k per three dose potion.

They just need to make say Torva drop noted Torstol ;)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I like it.

I've got an idea: We keep the 'combat level', the same as it is right now. It's a base measure of how developed your character alone is in combat, ignoring all outside influences. What you suggest, can be 'combat ability'. That's a measure of how good your character is at dealing out damage and defeating opponents when you factor in boosts, equipment and familiars that you have on you, and you can have up to three 'ability' ratings at the same time depending on if you have a melee weapon, ranged weapon, or combat runes. The Wilderness can then be based on that.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Its cheaper now than when it was actually useful.

You know when they nerfed it to hell so you no longer kept your stats after death in safe PVP.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Lol at people saying overloads should be allowed in pvp because they trained it and deserve to use it, the old wildy was alot funner because we didn't have so many overpowered weapons/prayers I really hope they ban turmoil/korasi/ovl/claws/dung weaps from the wildy I posted about this on the rs forums and was instantly shot down with "l2 train your skills"/"refund 400m pl0x"/"just because you can't afford those weapons doesn't mean others shouldn't be able to use them"

I have turm on 3 accs and 99 herb on my main but I would gladly have them banned for the greater good anyone who is an avid pker will know it would be alot funner without these things the others that probably don't pvp much well...have fun speccing 900s lol

372nd to max total level

One thing I would like to be implemented bank to bank trading, like it was supposed to be introduced in 2004, but a small change you can basically set up a price on the RuneScape forums and trade it from that page integrating the two services without having to meet in-game.

That would rock... with a nice web interface on the main site... and while we are at it an ingame mail system like in WoW.

That would be so amazing.

Fools_Taco.png

I think with staking boxing will be more popular as ever before.

In the past nobody liked boxing because the hits were too low, but with the possible weapons of today it's just waaaaaay too risky :(.

1 second of inattention could be fatal.

I saw the voting videos, yeah, clear message there, "submit to peer pressure, or be uncool".

I fought the bots.

I glared angerly at the gold buyers.

I gave disapproving words to gold sellers.

I was there the day the wilderness died.

IT WAS GLORIOUS

I chopped a yew, without thirty bald men in green shirts helping.

I walked from Port Sarim to mudskipper point, and instead of hundreds, there were two bots making leveling laps around the willows.

And I went to the grand exchange, and I bought a whip.

I laughed, and they screamed "Mistress!" as I used it.

Vote no on free trade.

The whip demands it.

I saw the voting videos, yeah, clear message there, "submit to peer pressure, or be uncool".

I fought the bots.

I glared angerly at the gold buyers.

I gave disapproving words to gold sellers.

I was there the day the wilderness died.

IT WAS GLORIOUS

I chopped a yew, without thirty bald men in green shirts helping.

I walked from Port Sarim to mudskipper point, and instead of hundreds, there were two bots making leveling laps around the willows.

And I went to the grand exchange, and I bought a whip.

I laughed, and they screamed "Mistress!" as I used it.

Vote no on free trade.

The whip demands it.

Then you went to red chins.

And realized that you couldn't hunt one if your life depended on it.

After that you went to green dragons.

And woah! 25 bots per world.

So what's your point?

Staurolite.png

Still never seen a single bot at red chins, always been all players for me.

Green dragons? Never seen more than three people there.

Then you're not watching. There's roughly 6 people at each CT spawn on every world

Some new videos on RuneScape Youtube channel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw3USFcht04&feature=channel

Also for Yes and No, but it's just a changed outro...

I noticed some quite interesting things in those videos.

If you look carefully and pause when the:

Ranger in ranger boots and chaotic crossbow.

Mage in infinity boots, mage book and chaotic staff.

and the warrior in the end with chaotic rapier, dragon defender and dragon boots.

comes by, those are new armors.

I do notice that there are normal npc's in there like wise old man, but if you look you'll see that all the armor those people are wearing, they don't exist in the game.

This is kind of a wild guess, but could those be the possible new "Torva" armor that has been leaked?

In the leaked picture it only said "Torva armor" which means it could possibly not be only for melee, but for range and magic too.

Here is a picture for the lazy ones.

torvaarmor.png

Then you're not watching. There's roughly 6 people at each CT spawn on every world

Yep, at peek hours. I can confirm at least 3/4ths of those to be players.

Off hours we're still looking at 0-3 at each spawn... each less talkitive, wont deny that a bunch of those could be bots, but just as well they might be off their own hours and not want to talk.

That is NOT 300 bots every world and one hit yew trees.

I'd much rather fight a few exp bots for catches than be trampled by a plague of farm bots, wouldn't you?