Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

We need higher soaking armor and soak itself was designed very poorly.

You absorb UP TO your percentage of soaking, from damage that completely ignores the first 200 you are hit for. So instead of being hit for a 500 with 25% absorb and reducing that to a 375, it ignores the first 200 damage in that calculation and so the maximum amount you'd absorb is 75, leaving to to still eat a 425.

While it needs improvement, Jagex choosing to make soaking 200+ only was something they did right. Had they made it a full % of any hit over 200, Monster Hunting would be Extremely effected making almost any boss a joke. The only boss the 200+ update really effects is Corp & Zammy.

What they need to fix is adding a higher tier absorption rate. Armors that can absorb 40-50% of damage over 500, 60% over 600, ect..

By doing that, coupled with LP armor, you make high hitting weapons capped at around 600-700 damage without effecting to much of NPC combat.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Money obviously matters. But it never mattered to the point where someone with more money at equal CB stats would always be guaranteed forever to be a stronger fighter as if he was higher CB level.

Gear does that.

Regardless, if Jagex made the pots tradable, this entire argument would be mute. Not as much money may be invested in other things, but every single stat used in essential quests can count for this, because you're not going to get Barrows gloves, or that sword with the insane spec that I've forgotten the name of, or the things you need to do to tank or go complete agro, with anything less then any and all time and money you invest in what's required. The only difference is cost with Herblore. If you're (the community) going to cry about it, stay out of the wild or find a way to get the money. You managed Turmoil. You can manage this.

My 0.02.

No, the difference is the fact that you can lose korsai or whatever gear/dung/quest rewards you buy. Herblore is functioning as a passive ability, much like combat stats are, and you don't lose the ability to hit high with herblore while you lose the ability to ko if you lose claws.

Seriously, allowing your herblore level to affect combat is like saying people with 99 fletch should be able to hit higher and more accurate than someone with 1 fletch, or someone with 99 cooking should be able to get their food to heal 500 lp in one bite. Non combat skills probably shouldn't reflect cb. Or if you want it that way, all noncombat skills at all levels should give untradeable passive abilities like herblore does.

Even if I had the ability the make ovl/extremes i would still think its asinine for them to be allowed, most people who want them are just people who can make them and can't pk effectively normally.

By that reasoning pures shouldn't exist. Isn't the whole point of a pure to keep ones combat level artificially low?

And I'm sure most people agree that the CB system is broken and jagex also feels that pures are an abomination of the CB system. But even that argument doesn't hold much water - there are still drawbacks to keeping low defense to artificially keep your cb level low, there are literally no drawbacks to herblore, not even raising your CB level.

Torva armor should've been easily obtainable, with a more powerful-harder-to-get version in my opinion.

I always thought Jagex should've held onto extremes, until there were several noncombat stats that provided a comparable boost (dg is a good example of this). If there were several noncombat stats that were allowed, it would balance a bit more than just herblore and duneoneering being the biggest ones, or discount the whole concept entirely.

Jagex needed to go all-in, or choose to never allow skiller stats to give an advantage in combat. Having one foot half-in and allowing just a few stats to give bonuses just doesn't work.

I'm still of the opinion Herblore can easily be modified so that letting it add to the combat level is a fair situation. Again, just create 20 or so untradable combat potions spread throughout herblore to just the skill adding to combat. Then, just make a rule like summoning where not having a vial of any sort in your inventory lets herblore not affect your combat level.

While they're at it, modify prayer to remove "protect from" but make it so that defense prayers allow for damage soaking. The protect prayers are great for PvM but they're still way overpowered for PvP. However, having a prayer that lowers the limit of damage soak to 19 or 17 or 15 while others can boost defense and the damage soak makes for more versatile prayer use.

Ultimately, we can have a system where anyone can 1 hit an 99 hp if that moron has no prayer, defense, summoning or herblore of some sort protecting him. Get a guy with 99 in the combat support skills in addition to using the items those skills allow and he becomes a hard person to kill in one shot depending on his combat stance.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Why not just tweak it to where OVL/EXT act like their lower equivalents when the player using them is in combat with another player?

So those 125/125/125/122/106 become what, 118/118/118/112/104. Sure, they still stay boosted all the way for the five-minute period and only take up one inventory space, but it's still a fair compromise.

If the Overloading player were fighting, say, the Chaos Elemental, their stats would be normal Overload grade. If they attack another player, their stats will lower to the above. However, if they retaliate, their stats will remain Overload grade.

I feel this is very fair. This allows some players a kind of "immunity" from being attacked randomly by PKers, if JaGEx does indeed intend for the Wilderness to return to all worlds.

Some will say, "But those who enjoyed PKing prior to the changes had no choice in the matter!" Yes, this is true. But if you were to deny people the small amenity proposed above based entirely on that rationale, you are nothing but a vindictive [wagon].

2dgucz6.png

Or they could just keep the way it is now. Ovls/Ext were added after 07.

Do you guys really think that if Ovl/ext were added before Dec 07, people wouldn't rage and rant thus making Jagex ban them?

Gavati's suggestion sounds reasonable imo.

Staurolite.png

So how about the dungeoneering rewards? Just like herblore an item you can get after getting a high lvl in a skill that does not affect combat....directly.

Wonder what you guys think about that.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

So how about the dungeoneering rewards? Just like herblore an item you can get after getting a high lvl in a skill that does not affect combat....directly.

Wonder what you guys think about that.

This. But for some reason, kiddies on the forums keep arguing against me saying that chaotics having combat requirements justify it. In that case, make extremes require 80 combats :rolleyes:

As others have said, defense needs to be fixed. Like, actually fixed, not some poor excuse of a fix like they just came out with which does almost nothing against dragon claws. But we don't need items being arbitrarily restricted from the wilderness.

Why not just tweak it to where OVL/EXT act like their lower equivalents when the player using them is in combat with another player?

So those 125/125/125/122/106 become what, 118/118/118/112/104. Sure, they still stay boosted all the way for the five-minute period and only take up one inventory space, but it's still a fair compromise.

If the Overloading player were fighting, say, the Chaos Elemental, their stats would be normal Overload grade. If they attack another player, their stats will lower to the above. However, if they retaliate, their stats will remain Overload grade.

I feel this is very fair. This allows some players a kind of "immunity" from being attacked randomly by PKers, if JaGEx does indeed intend for the Wilderness to return to all worlds.

Some will say, "But those who enjoyed PKing prior to the changes had no choice in the matter!" Yes, this is true. But if you were to deny people the small amenity proposed above based entirely on that rationale, you are nothing but a vindictive [wagon].

Youre a smart guy you should get this idea to jagex. Great thinking bro :thumbsup:

Staycw.png

"Kill anything that moves, Pick up anything that drops." -Really Tho-

But uh to get back on topic... i thought i had clicked on the (Should Overloads/Extremes be allowed in pvp??) thread lol

Oh my god i cannot wait for free trade to come back :-D

Staycw.png

"Kill anything that moves, Pick up anything that drops." -Really Tho-

I sincerely hope that they don't cancel the update if there aren't a million votes. Why?

Representative samples.

Essentially, we have a large enough (and random enough) sample now that the stats will remain pretty much the same no matter how many people vote. Even if we had ten million votes somehow, the Yes votes would likely still have anywhere from 85-95% of the vote.

Come on MMG, basic statistics here.

Oddment1.png

I sincerely hope that they don't cancel the update if there aren't a million votes. Why?

Representative samples.

Essentially, we have a large enough (and random enough) sample now that the stats will remain pretty much the same no matter how many people vote. Even if we had ten million votes somehow, the Yes votes would likely still have anywhere from 85-95% of the vote.

Come on MMG, basic statistics here.

Agreed the people that really care about the issue have already spoken....

Eatrunearrow.png

So apparently 1M is worth $1.20 now. The bots are back and spamming it at GE on every world now.

They got really bad this summer, then died down a bit recently, but there were still at least 2 per day on W7 for the last month or 2. But yeah, they're getting worse again.

So apparently 1M is worth $1.20 now. The bots are back and spamming it at GE on every world now.

They got really bad this summer, then died down a bit recently, but there were still at least 2 per day on W7 for the last month or 2. But yeah, they're getting worse again.

Hm well that's interesting. Maybe RWT found a solid leak in the system and Jagex can't combat it anymore? ...Or maybe not.

Regardless, I'm not actually sure if they're ready to deal with the RWTers, and it looks like the RWTers feel the same way. Heck, they might even just cancel the update if they see all of these RWT bots coming up. Who knows?

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

I've been indifferent since I first heard about this possible update. I don't mind either way if old wilderness comes back but I would enjoy free trade again.

2ntz0y9.png

Meh I don't see why they need 1m votes. 580k votes are in currently, 90% are yes, so that means there are already 520k+ yes votes. Even if everyone else votes no, which isn't going to happen by any stretch of the imagination, the yeses would still surpass the nos.

Funny really, if they dont get 1M votes its Jagexs fault not the players, they have failed as a company and are failing their players as a result, 90% of current players voting yes = that should be the result.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Funny really, if they dont get 1M votes its Jagexs fault not the players, they have failed as a company and are failing their players as a result, 90% of current players voting yes = that should be the result.

This.

I cannot believe how goddamn stupid MMG is. I want him gone so badly.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png