Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His first PK vid was made during the golden age of PK'ing-- if he maged guys wearing rune, they'd immediately pull out an msb and some dhides and keep fighting.

Are they supposed to just ... sit and watch :blink:

They're supposed to ... be prepared :blink:

Oh Jebus .. sorry ... I read it wrong ... instead of immediately - immaturely :wall:

My mistake lol.

People are purposefully rigging an already fraudulent (and therefor meaningless) poll... If anything shows more that RuneScape is completely ruined by people who can't play fair, it is this...

I think Jagex is indeed trying to get into the Guiness Book of Records with a "most cheated" mention...

If all you care about is fair gameplay, play single player games.

Every single MMO is full of bots, cheats, hacks RWT of some description.

The Internet isn't Utopia.

/thread

Their original reason for the restricted trade RWT updates were all [cabbage] anyway. Like runescape is the only MMO that has a RWT community using stolen credit cards.

The reason they are bringing back free trade is the failed GE mechanic with manipulator clans.

Restricted trade was a failed experiment. I cant wait to log in and dump 100m on my IRL noob friend. Cash is usless to me i have everything banked for what buyables i have left.

I just logged in a voted on the main site... it was 90% for bring back free trade.

And the old wild was what made runesacape hardcore... there arnt very many MMOs where you can loot the otherguys items once you murder his noob ass.

Fools_Taco.png

People are purposefully rigging an already fraudulent (and therefor meaningless) poll... If anything shows more that RuneScape is completely ruined by people who can't play fair, it is this...

I think Jagex is indeed trying to get into the Guiness Book of Records with a "most cheated" mention...

/thread

Their original reason for the restricted trade RWT updates were all [cabbage] anyway. Like runescape is the only MMO that has a RWT community using stolen credit cards.

The reason they are bringing back free trade is the failed GE mechanic with manipulator clans.

Restricted trade was a failed experiment. I cant wait to log in and dump 100m on my IRL noob friend. Cash is usless to me i have everything banked for what buyables i have left.

I just logged in a voted on the main site... it was 90% for bring back free trade.

And the old wild was what made runesacape hardcore... there arnt very many MMOs where you can loot the otherguys items once you murder his noob ass.

:thumbup:

/thread

This

/thread

This

This +1

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

/thread

This

This +1

Jump on the bandwagon ?

THIS makes me cry, especially I watched his vids in 2006 and it was normal, and now this is just a dream

Oh dear, never remembered Mahatma was such a [cabbage]. Flaming each one of his opponents, going red in the face for someone potting or using a prayer :mrgreen: He wouldn't last 5 minutes in today's RuneScape...

His first PK vid was made during the golden age of PK'ing-- if he maged guys wearing rune, they'd immediately pull out an msb and some dhides and keep fighting.

A couple years later, if you tried maging someone in rune, they would throw a tantrum and immediately stop the fight by teleporting or running away and would call you a "farcaster." It was frustrating to see how stupid the majority of PKers had become lol

All those rules people make up.

no safing (what? can't prevent your own death? what happened to the more you eat the faster you are out of food)

Also that vid shows quite the stupid pk er, thinking his rules are the rules, whats up with prayer? he uses protect item....thats also prayer plus he uses boosting prayer and he uses boosting pots but he is against defense pots?

I dunno but if I ever fight him i make sure to bring def pot.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

I think I'm going to write down my opinion. I'm pretty much indifferent about the current vote. As result of that, I also voted - I don't mind. The first few words which came into my mind when the petition arose was... once Jagex smells money... I think that's the clear purpose of this update, together with the money give-away. So Jagex attracts more members.

Somehow.. it feels desperate. I don't know why, but it feels like they give up. It's really something I'm not used from Jagex in all those years. I'm really wondering what their reasoning is behind this. The whole discussion of wildy should be back etc. stopped ages ago. Saying "It's a Christmas present from Jagex" is something I won't believe. After all, it remains a company. They have their agenda.

I don't care what will follow after this vote. In the current direction, it's pretty clear free trade & wildy will return. But in the end, it's Jagex who decides (but with 90% yes.. that's a huge pressure).

The only thing which does matter for me is the following. That the decision which Jagex take, is a decision they are willing to fight for. With free trade returning, they should combat bots more (they say they can - But why am I so much doubting?), they should battle against the RWT and they should bear the consequences of their decision. I'm not interested in playing a game which consists more out of bots as out of players, and neither do I want to see the game die in the next few years because of the fines/the decrease of members/...

We aren't able to predict the future because so much has changed. It's been 3 years. Content has changed, and I'm sure the botting software has also become better and more advanced. Did Jagex keep up? We can't tell. We don't have any visible proof and that worries me. Today, at this very point there are still places crowded with bots, and it's only rarely that we see results of their actions. We have no idea how big the RWT market will become in RS. We have no idea how many bots will enter the game, and we have no idea what the state of RS will be on this day in 1, 2 or even 3 years.

And honestly, I'm somewhere afraid of what will happen. A tweak or copy is never as good as the original. Despite all the positive things which would happen with this update, let us not ignore the negative things.

I really hope that we all can stay this positive. And I really hope that Jagex will in the first place, stay realistic and they'll admit if they do wrong things.

And somehow, I really have my doubts why this all was nescessary...

Just an opinion.

slyfer.png

THIS makes me cry, especially I watched his vids in 2006 and it was normal, and now this is just a dream

Oh dear, never remembered Mahatma was such a [cabbage]. Flaming each one of his opponents, going red in the face for someone potting or using a prayer :mrgreen: He wouldn't last 5 minutes in today's RuneScape...

A couple years later, if you tried maging someone in rune, they would throw a tantrum and immediately stop the fight by teleporting or running away and would call you a "farcaster." It was frustrating to see how stupid the majority of PKers had become lol

no safing (what? can't prevent your own death? what happened to the more you eat the faster you are out of food)

Also that vid shows quite the stupid pk er, thinking his rules are the rules, whats up with prayer? he uses protect item....thats also prayer plus he uses boosting prayer and he uses boosting pots but he is against defense pots?

No monster-crashing ( What? can't kill the monsters yourself fast enough? )

No cannoning in single-area' s? Whats up with that? Cannons are also weapons.

I could go on and on about this. People make up 'stupid unwritten rules' all the time. The unwritten rules about PKing were simply there to make sure either one gets the loot. How odd it may seem to other people. 'Safing' means you eat way too much food when you could have been relatively safe and dealt more damage. As Player killing is all about, y' know, killing and not eating an inventory with food and prayer pots and then just casually walking away from eachother like it was a tennis game, it makes more sence than it may seem.

If you're in the wilderniss to survive, you don't fight other players. You're doing the wrong thing then.

Everything aside. Someone should really close this thread. Everyone can clearly see that this monstrocity is steering way out of controll. With not much more to discuss than " I voted yes because bla bla" and " I voted no because bla bla" and the blatant fighting against eachother.

As stated previously by someone else, Mahatma was different from PK'ers nowadays. Mahatma doesn't actually frown upon using defense pots-- he'd consider you an idiot if you didn't use one against him. He's just talking trash as a fighting strategy to distract his opponent.

Now, all the 10-year-olds that saw his videos and thought that he was awesome didn't quite comprehend his dialect-- they trash talk because, well, they're stupid lol

77yLQy8.png

As stated previously by someone else, Mahatma was different from PK'ers nowadays. Mahatma doesn't actually frown upon using defense pots-- he'd consider you an idiot if you didn't use one against him. He's just talking trash as a fighting strategy to distract his opponent.

Now, all the 10-year-olds that saw his videos and thought that he was awesome didn't quite comprehend his dialect-- they trash talk because, well, they're stupid lol

I think he did care about prayer....

My crystal armour idea.

Whole worlds dedicated to thuggery wasn't enough. (i won't even call pking PVP)

A whole minigame with high scores that was set in the wildy wasn't enough.

Its quite simple why.

The quiters, the whiners, the yes voters, THE CLOWNS, they all need EASY PKS.

They need people in the wildy who don't fight back.

They need green dragon killers who carrry little food.

They need abyssal crafters who can't fight back.

They need treasure trailers who venture into places they can't get out of so fast.

They need little kids who don't know any better with lots of hard earned gp to wonder accross the wildy ditch.

They need gimmicks and bugs to put skulls on people with only 3 items.

Alll I got to say is that jagex better increase memory allocation for their rants forum if they go through with this stupidy.

I remember the rants forum pre 2007 and it was nothing but OMFG STOP RUNNING STOP BRINGING 3 ITEMS AND LET ME PK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kid's got jokes

I don't even think someone like you could begin to fathom the concept of an easy PK with contrast to today's and yesteryear's wild.

I PKed maybe TWICE in the old wild. And I got beat down. I never made a dime.

Our current form of PKing has come out. Back when it was 26king and you could killing the same guy over and over, and you could just throw on protect item to no longer be risking. I made probably close to 100 million gp from this current PVP system. 100 million I would have never made with the old system. And I bet you more than anything, a lot of the tricks were from people just like me; people who couldn't actually PK for s***, but were smart enough to do tricks and make money we didn't deserve. I'm not ashamed to say I exploited the system, considering it was almost encouraged to do so, and considering it was stated to not be against the rules.

THAT'S EASY PKING.

And with that being said, I look forward to PKing once again requiring you to be a PKer. People may have killed someone for a glory in the old wild, but hey, back then, when you killed someone with a glory, you got a glory. Now you get a VLS and Ancient statuette. At ~20m, that's the most expensive glory I have ever seen looted.

don't want to generalize but...

"hey gaise i have turmoil and kurase swrd i cn hit 700s im so good

lemme make a montage vid & put it on utube so u can see it!!"

there are a lot of legit hybriders out there, and thank god for that. but the overwhelming amount of pkers nowadays are just edge prods that think pking skill is just proper veng timing. lol.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

So when this vote is over and if the vote stays at 90% yes do you think jagex will just say ok and start working it back into the game. Or do you think they'll pull a "Well we had a landslide vote for yes but we don't think 1 million votes is enough to decide".

So when this vote is over and if the vote stays at 90% yes do you think jagex will just say ok and start working it back into the game. Or do you think they'll pull a "Well we had a landslide vote for yes but we don't think 1 million votes is enough to decide".

I wouldn't be surprised if they started working on it a few days before posting the first poll- they more or less knew the idea would be a huge hit among players, particularly older ones. Doubt they can manage to get all the details set before new years but 15th of january seems like a nice date.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

don't want to generalize but...

"hey gaise i have turmoil and kurase swrd i cn hit 700s im so good

lemme make a montage vid & put it on utube so u can see it!!"

there are a lot of legit hybriders out there, and thank god for that. but the overwhelming amount of pkers nowadays are just edge prods that think pking skill is just proper veng timing. lol.

Considering its fairly common for fights to last no longer than 5 or so seconds, thats pretty much what PKing is at right now. I just don't see what you are going to do to someone if they get a 700 Korasi spec on you and reflect 200-300 venge. You either safe, try to kill them faster, or run/teleport.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I wouldn't be surprised if they started working on it a few days before posting the first poll- they more or less knew the idea would be a huge hit among players, particularly older ones. Doubt they can manage to get all the details set before new years but 15th of january seems like a nice date.

I still think it would take at least a week or two after the poll closes and if it is yes. They have to move and change a lot of things in the wild. And decide what to do with each stat boosting item.

I still think it would take at least a week or two after the poll closes and if it is yes. They have to move and change a lot of things in the wild. And decide what to do with each stat boosting item.

I think they are already done with all the updates regarding wildy. They wouldn't make a petition/vote if they weren't ready to implement it right away. It would just piss of a lot of people if they have to wait more than a week.

I think they are already done with all the updates regarding wildy. They wouldn't make a petition/vote if they weren't ready to implement it right away. It would just piss of a lot of people if they have to wait more than a week.

You're probably right. And really there's always some people in this game who are just pissed off about anything they can find lol.

They have made rough updates now they need to replace things, edit and they heard about new problems that they did not thought of yet on the forums.

So yeh it will take longer than a week.

My crystal armour idea.