Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

Just wondering if anyone had thought if this, couldn't it be possible to raise the price which the ge recommends with just two people. They would have to trust each other a lot, and with a party hat could continuously trade it back and forth for 0 gp, lowering the price. It could go the other way if they traded back and forth for a high amount of gp.

Yes, but considering players truely decide the prices, I don't see why this would matter much.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe so many people are complaining about clues (tbh it's not even efficient to do them)lol

Stopped reading at this. Who said anyone did clues for efficiency? I know full well sticking to the task would be better, I choose not to.

Just wondering if anyone had thought if this, couldn't it be possible to raise the price which the ge recommends with just two people. They would have to trust each other a lot, and with a party hat could continuously trade it back and forth for 0 gp, lowering the price. It could go the other way if they traded back and forth for a high amount of gp.

I'm sure it'll be like now where only trades completed on the Grand Exchange will affect average prices. P2P trades will show the price indicator at the bottom, but that trade you make has no impact on the item.

However, I can see Jagex having a simple algorithm to allow P2P trades to affect average price for high priced items trade without gp. They just have to account for silly stuff like the above from affecting the price. That's not too hard as you just let trades further and further outside the average to have less weight on the impact of the price.

On that subject, it'll be great for ALL ITEMS to be bought and sold on the GE again. Really cheap items like burnt fish, chef's hat, etc were removed as there was a minor exploit that allowed wealth transfer on GE. I think it dealt with selling 1 million chef hats for 1 gp, then the next player reselling them all for 2 gp. Each trade changed 1 mill gp in wealth with little risk as the demand for bulk chef hats (or burnt fish) was zero (apologies if this was the wrong exploit). However, now, there's no reason to not have anything banned from the GE no matter how trivial.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I can't believe so many people are complaining about clues (tbh it's not even efficient to do them)lol

Stopped reading at this. Who said anyone did clues for efficiency? I know full well sticking to the task would be better, I choose not to.

The point is that clues ultimately suck for money anyway, so who the hell cares if the old wild makes them slightly harder. Of course, it's only "harder" if you're not paying attention. Revenants will attack you IMMEDIATELY if they're in range of you. Pkers are human beings with reaction times dependent on when they actually see you. So if you see a white dot on the map it's really easy just to log out and switch worlds. And that's if you encounter a pker at all, which most of the time you won't. When the action is spread out over so many worlds, and concentrated mostly on unofficial pk worlds, you really don't see many pkers. I never got killed for a clue pre 2008... and that's back when I thought clues were still worth doing :lol:

Yeah, I've really stopped caring about this any more.

Because knowing Jagex, they'll find some way to implement it in a way that sucks horribly for the people who were really excited for it pretty much everyone. :thumbup:

If they considered the idea of keeping PvP worlds and letting the Wildy loose on those worlds, and just kept it simple for once, they'd satisfy everyone.

In a way, the nature of poll sums up the typically nonchalant, blasé attitude Jagex takes to the execution of their updates. Being part of the 8% that opposes this currently, the dilemma I find myself in is that, actually, I agree Free Trade should be brought back in so long as botting can be controlled, and if Jagex say this can be done, and I have no evidence to the contrary, then I've got no good reason to keep Free Trade out. Why restrict people when there's no rational basis for doing so? The problem I have though, is that I'm vehemently opposed to bringing back PKing. Contrary to what some people on this thread may want to imply about anyone who opposes how the Wilderness once was, I played the game for two years before PKing was abolished, I actually did see what the Wilderness was like, and I cannot allow myself to stand by and allow immature, trollish e-gangsters to soil the general community and ruin the gaming experience yet again, no matter how promising Free Trade would be.

On the other hand, if those people were kept on worlds away from those of us who want nothing to do with them, I really don't care what they can get up to. It's their life; but knowing Jagex, it's either all in or nothing at all - much like the way in which PKing and Free Trade was removed in the first place. Main issue is: I can't vote for Free Trade unless I also vote for PKing. Why can't I just vote for Free Trade?

Actually pvp worlds wouldn't satisfy anyone, except yourself. Why do you want to limit pkers to just less than 10 worlds? That's pretty selfish IMO.

And also, please stop GENERALISING people. Have you ever been in the wildy before? I'm seriously doubting that right now. Hardly everyone was "immature, trollish e-gangsters", in fact, I'd say they were a minority. Those type of pures don't last long, because after they get killed a couple times, they realize they aren't all that and start crying and then quitting. But if they are good at pking, then all the better to them. The majority of pkers weren't obnoxious, they were actually just as nice as the rest of the population, most were even nicer.

I can make generalisations too btw. I hate all the skillers because all they do is qc their stats are start talking about how their cape is better than mine. They're so rude, and immature because they use 1337 speak. :rolleyes:

Point is, there's an equal amount of immature, trollish players from both camps, and an equal amount of mature players as well.

Staurolite.png

Here's the fact of the entire matter: People hate change. Adjusting to something this big after 3 years is going to prove difficult for some players.

Here are some more facts:

• No matter what you think, if players were capable of completing clues for 6 years prior to the 07' update, they will be capable of completing them again.
  • Getting scammed and lured helped me keep from making the same mistakes down the road.
  • Free market economies are almost always more successful than command economies.
  • RWT will always be a problem as long as there is a market for it.

Like I said in a previous post, Jagex is finally realizing the damage they caused to Runescape by restricting human interaction.

The_Coniff.png

~~::Barrows Drops::~~ Verac's brassy, Torag's Helm.

~~::Dragon Drops::~~ 10 Dragon Defenders.

Here's the fact of the entire matter: People hate change. Adjusting to something this big after 3 years is going to prove difficult for some players.

Here are some more facts:

• No matter what you think, if players were capable of completing clues for 6 years prior to the 07' update, they will be capable of completing them again.
  • Getting scammed and lured helped me keep from making the same mistakes down the road.
  • Free market economies are almost always more successful than command economies.
  • RWT will always be a problem as long as there is a market for it.

Like I said in a previous post, Jagex is finally realizing the damage they caused to Runescape by restricting human interaction.

I think/know that there are very good systems to find bots, you just need to invest for it and if you are developing a system yourself that takes time.

Finding an efficient way is not always easy, Jagex closed the game because they knew they did not have the power (yet) to stop the bots.

Bots were directly linked to inflation and RWT, a problem for the good people in runescape.

Off course some made profit due to inflations but the vast majority suffered. And the obvious bots made woodcutters in particular very angry, you can guess why lol.

Detection of bots can be done on many levels, most bots get caught because their system is running loops over and over.

I think that Jagex is now upgrading/has upgraded that level where loops are detected, a more advanced system that can monitor more people at the same time easily and faster pattern recognizing.

I don't know what they updated, but I hope for us and them that it works well. Keeping the game clean.

The non-bots that RWT... I don't see that as a problem yet. (Jagex says they can find those people too, I dunno...)

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Actually pvp worlds wouldn't satisfy anyone, except yourself. Why do you want to limit pkers to just less than 10 worlds? That's pretty selfish IMO.

I didn't say keep it to ten. Unless you're admitting some PKers made it their business to just be a nuisance (something which so far, people have denied on this thread), what's wrong with making PKers only face other PKers? I could easily levy the accusation against you because you and Jagex collectively are forcing me to accept PKers and the Wildy whether I like it or not.

And also, please stop GENERALISING people. Have you ever been in the wildy before? I'm seriously doubting that right now. Hardly everyone was "immature, trollish e-gangsters", in fact, I'd say they were a minority. Those type of pures don't last long, because after they get killed a couple times, they realize they aren't all that and start crying and then quitting. But if they are good at pking, then all the better to them. The majority of pkers weren't obnoxious, they were actually just as nice as the rest of the population, most were even nicer.

Well of course you'd say that... you've done nothing but shout down anyone who dares to argue against PKing on this thread. :rolleyes:

I've seen enough of it, and I've been watching reactions on other MMORPG fansites (including disillusioned WoW players) to this news to see that the people returning to RuneScape because of this update are people I would never want to spend any time with, and frankly, were only interested in making other people "butt hurt". I'm not saying all PKers are like that, but surely you're not denying those types will return to the game?

People make generalisations, they're not automatically bad assumptions, so deal with it. You have your preconceptions about PKers, I have mine. It doesn't change my opinion, or the other 100+ that have so far said 'No' on this thread.

I can make generalisations too btw. I hate all the skillers because all they do is qc their stats are start talking about how their cape is better than mine. They're so rude, and immature because they use 1337 speak. :rolleyes:

Go back over my post. I never once used the word "all" to describe PKers. Yet I'm being accused of the generalisations? Give me a break...

I think having the wilderness back will just be a giant pain in the ass.

Sure, you can defend yourself while clue hunting, but I kinda enjoy how you don't have to now.

Sure, greens are crowded by bots and maybe they'll start to be killed after the update, but the bots help keep dbone prices low.

Sure, pking is fun, but, you know, it's kinda pretty stupid right now: either no one risks anything of actual value, or they do risk something of value, which decimates any opposition, with the opposition having risked nothing of value. You won't see players in divines and bandos and all that [cabbage] battling it out against each other. You'll see those few with prime equipment going against those doing treasure trails, hunting dragons, abyss crafting, or welfaring.

I mean, it's not like I pk or even do clues, but it does seem like a total joke.

I'm starting to wonder how many people who complain about the increased danger of doing clues in the wild actually have played in the old wild. It wasn't much harder. If you wear nothing nobody is going to kill you unless they're just an ass. There is nothing to gain in the old wild for killing people wearing nothing because there was no system of determining your drops based on kills and numerous other factors. It was just get what the other person was holding/wearing. If they're not wearing anything why kill them.

In 2007 you practically couldn't ko anyone from max hp. And yes, people were still killed while doing clues. And it was a pain in the ass.

Uhm gwd equipment was out before wilderness was removed!

The dark bow too (and it was actually quite a bit stronger by allowing for more specs).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

In 2007 you practically couldn't ko anyone from max hp. And yes, people were still killed while doing clues. And it was a pain in the ass.

The dark bow too (and it was actually quite a bit stronger by allowing for more specs).

GWD had only been out for around 3-4 months before the removal. The equipment was still highly priced and decently rare.

Almonds.png

GWD had only been out for around 3-4 months before the removal. The equipment was still highly priced and decently rare.

Still "no one" was pointing back then that this weaponry would imbalance wilderness!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Ginger_Warrior, what's wrong with putting the wilderness in all worlds? Why are you so selfish that you want all the worlds to be off limits for pkers?

It's not selfish, there should be worlds that don't allow pking in them. It should be allowed on the themed worlds as the current pvp is already. That way people that want to go into the wildy can do so without worrying about being jumped at random, and those that want to kill people can do so on themed worlds.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

Ginger_Warrior, what's wrong with putting the wilderness in all worlds? Why are you so selfish that you want all the worlds to be off limits for pkers?

It's not selfish, there should be worlds that don't allow pking in them. It should be allowed on the themed worlds as the current pvp is already. That way people that want to go into the wildy can do so without worrying about being jumped at random, and those that want to kill people can do so on themed worlds.

Actually, that's what the wilderness was all about. It'd be pointless to bring it back only on some worlds.

So yes, it'd a little selfish to want all the things to convenience yourself.

I vividly remember solo pking in deep wildy (f2p though), and hopping worlds at rune rocks in hopes of getting lucky. And hopping at castle to find an opponent. Before you say "lolololol so you only pk miners", yea why not pk them when you can get good loot? And why do you think those rocks are located in lvl 44 wildy? So you can be safe? Why not spawn 10 rune rocks in the middle of falador jeez.

Staurolite.png

Actually, that's what the wilderness was all about. It'd be pointless to bring it back only on some worlds.

I vividly remember solo pking in deep wildy (f2p though), and hopping worlds at rune rocks in hopes of getting lucky. And hopping at castle to find an opponent. Before you say "lolololol so you only pk miners", yea why not pk them when you can get good loot? And why do you think those rocks are located in lvl 44 wildy? So you can be safe? Why not spawn 10 rune rocks in the middle of falador jeez.

See, this is the problem I have with "PKers" right here.

They aren't PKers, they're just cowards who want an easy kill. So many noobs want the old wild back so they can prey on people 20 levels lower than them in no armor trying to mine some rune, or do a clue, or use the abyss. Then they can feel big and bad and shout "Gf nerd lolol" as their helpless target hits the ground and they get some worthless loot.

It's pathetic and not needed. PKers should be grouped together in their own little pens where everyone is clearly there to fight- allowing 13 year olds to feel good by losing someone a clue scroll is not a good reason to bring back wild on every world.

I'm in favor of free trade, but the old wild was just a cesspool where insecure little kids went to feel good about themselves, and it sucked.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

See, this is the problem I have with "PKers" right here.

They aren't PKers, they're just cowards who want an easy kill. So many noobs want the old wild back so they can prey on people 20 levels lower than them in no armor trying to mine some rune, or do a clue, or use the abyss. Then they can feel big and bad and shout "Gf nerd lolol" as their helpless target hits the ground and they get some worthless loot.

It's pathetic and not needed. PKers should be grouped together in their own little pens where everyone is clearly there to fight- allowing 13 year olds to feel good by losing someone a clue scroll is not a good reason to bring back wild on every world.

I'm in favor of free trade, but the old wild was just a cesspool where insecure little kids went to feel good about themselves, and it sucked.

It's been said many times before, wilderness is not meant to be a safe area. And who cares about some pimply kids and their egos? Don't like it then turn chat off :rolleyes:

Yeah this can be true for a lot of PKers but i don't think it's fair to disregard the large legitimate pkers (and stakers but that's a whole other story) back in the day. clans actually meant something

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top