Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

Assuming they saved the code when it was removed from the game, I'm sure a lot of that coding could be reused. Then again, we've been through 3 or so game engine upgrades since then, so who knows...

Proud Gladiator

gladzorgrespected.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather not get involved in dubious ethics here, but a lot of new players were scammed before the RWT updates and subsequently quit, and this game needs new players to survive. That's our real primary concern here.

@Will_Holmes, I was being over the top to be honest man, I just felt the need to reflect how ludicrous some of the challenges to free trade are, and yes I too normally abstain from arguing here.. :thumbup:

6660_6.jpg

And besides why would they put wildness and free-trade 2 entirely separate subject bundle together?

Entirely separate? The old wilderness cannot exist if there is no free trade.

And to answer, "why can't we have free trade and keep the current wilderness" - it's a far more natural and fun system than the current PvP worlds. If they kept the PvP armor/brawling gloves drops and removed the stupid statuettes, a huge chunk of the game that went missing for several years would be restored. Changing the wilderness was a byproduct of restricted trade, and as such should be the first thing changed back if free trade is restored.

2496 Completionist

And besides why would they put wildness and free-trade 2 entirely separate subject bundle together?

Entirely separate? The old wilderness cannot exist if there is no free trade.

And to answer, "why can't we have free trade and keep the current wilderness" - it's a far more natural and fun system than the current PvP worlds. If they kept the PvP armor/brawling gloves drops and removed the stupid statuettes, a huge chunk of the game that went missing for several years would be restored. Changing the wilderness was a byproduct of restricted trade, and as such should be the first thing changed back if free trade is restored.

And, to add on top of that, wanting free trade without the wilderness is a huge sign of selfishness. Free market is to merchants and skillers as the wilderness is to killers.

crossed_body.png

And, to add on top of that, wanting free trade without the wilderness is a huge sign of selfishness. Free market is to merchants and skillers as the wilderness is to killers.

Free trade is equally important to both skillers and pkers.

hzvjpwS.gif

Free trade is equally important to both skillers and pkers.

Yes, I had noted that two posts above...

You neglected to mention that in the post I quoted however; it implied that pkers have no use for free trade by associating it only with skilling and merchanting. Perhaps it was a bad example, then?

hzvjpwS.gif

I see that there has been much discussion from both sides so I thought I'd chip in my opinion. And that is what it is, my opinion. You can like or dislike, it makes no matter to me. I am an older player, started playing around the time of the zombie head haloween event. I have had a lot of fun trying to improve my character and it is nothing to brag about i guess. No 99s and I only have to do the latest quest to get my cape back. I'm slowly working my way to get most of my skills above 80. I currently am the mother of 2 small kids ( ages 3 and 1) so my time on RS is limited. I don't try to be as efficient as possible mostly have fun as a distraction a couple of days a week. I remember the days before free trade and hated trying to sell things from slayer or treasure trails. Many may have enjoyed that aspect of the game, but i hate it, it feels like a total wast of time for me, I'd rather be skilling and I really can't devote the time needed to sell things on forums as it can sometimes be many days before i am able to get some free time on the computer, the kiddies come first. I understand that pking was a major part of the game, but not for me. I haven't really boss hunted and can't now that i may be pulled away from the game at any time. I like being able to buy some of my supplies from the GE (usually in smaller quantities), but most of my stuff is DIY and my small 33m (plus 7.5m in MTK) cash pile has all been from my own drops. I like being able to know the prices of things and for them to buy quickly or when I'm away so for me, bringing back the wild and especially free trade (if it greatly impacts how things are sold through the GE) may make my time on RS more frustrating which is not at all what I want.

Again to each his own and if someone invents a game that could please everyone I believe the apocalypse would be upon us. I just hope RS can continue to be fun.

Bbeetuna.png

You neglected to mention that in the post I quoted however; it implied that pkers have no use for free trade by associating it only with skilling and merchanting. Perhaps it was a bad example, then?

No, it didn't imply that pkers have no use for free trade. As I said, they do need free trade indirectly due to full loot drops and staking, but their focus is that, not the free trading itself.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I was establishing a connection to skillers and to pkers in this update.

crossed_body.png

No, it didn't imply that pkers have no use for free trade. As I said, they do need free trade indirectly due to full loot drops and staking, but their focus is that, not the free trading itself.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I was establishing a connection to skillers and to pkers in this update.

They do need it directly. To give an example: right now, rune sets are 160k ea but prior to the wilderness removal, they were 210k ea. The worse off the economy is, the worse off your full on loot. So yes, free trading is pretty important to the average pker directly.

I was not putting words in your mouth, simply going off your own analogy. Like I said, it was a bad example.

hzvjpwS.gif

I like being able to know the prices of things and for them to buy quickly or when I'm away so for me, bringing back the wild and especially free trade (if it greatly impacts how things are sold through the GE) may make my time on RS more frustrating which is not at all what I want.

As said multiple times, free trade will coexist with the GE.

What I think will happen is that the GE will still be mainly used for cheaper items, so really, don't worry about not being able to buy pots and stuff. I mean, stock markets and real life 'free trade' can exist together, why wouldn't it be able in RuneScape?

sigwg.png

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?

Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,

and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!

Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

They do need it directly. To give an example: right now, rune sets are 160k ea but prior to the wilderness removal, they were 210k ea. The worse off the economy is, the worse off your full on loot. So yes, free trading is pretty important to the average pker directly.

I was not putting words in your mouth, simply going off your own analogy. Like I said, it was a bad example.

Again, my post wasn't about the god damn flow of money, and that wasn't the point I was trying to make at all. You're seeing things where there are none.

crossed_body.png

I'd rather not get involved in dubious ethics here, but a lot of new players were scammed before the RWT updates and subsequently quit, and this game needs new players to survive. That's our real primary concern here.

@Will_Holmes, I was being over the top to be honest man, I just felt the need to reflect how ludicrous some of the challenges to free trade are, and yes I too normally abstain from arguing here.. :thumbup:

Fair enough, no worries. :)

~ W ~

sigzi.png

on the topic of learning from scamming and lures.. haha i recall one time when i was alot noobier

i lost my bank to a dungeon lurer(all 2-3m of it! lol) well this was when construction was

still a popular skill but not like new.

what happened was: a guy was advertising for his house

so me lookin for fun, i decided to go. i went down to his dungeon thinking i'd own everyone and have fun..

his friend was down there attking me, and he was maging me.. there was no escape from the dung..

RIGHT AS I DIED (serious, perfect timing) he expelled guests, leaving me to die outside the house and people

could freely loot my stuff :wall: but i mean it was a good lesson for me, something *could* go wrong.

in almost any situation.

trading wise- rofl that team scam.. one guy "buying _______ 5m" and another guy "selling _______ 1m"

i fell for that, it was a zerk ring but i learned from that and i was cautious whenever i made deals/traded

there was also a trick where people would sell veracs--noted. the skirt was replaced with a bronze skirt

this made it seem like it was veracs because it was noted. learning from the past experiences and such,

i checked the items and everything before accepting. so i didnt fall for that :P

anyways to sum it up: scamming,luring,etc, while these may be bad, they also help teach lessons and such

if you dont learn for them well, then thats ur problem.

99 Magic achieved on May 31, 2010 99 Prayer achieved on August 27, 2011 99 Dungeoneering achieved on September 24, 2011

I really wasn't aware that I was playing something else. Thank you. :)

Let me translate that for you:

"Welcome to Runescape, the way it was intended to be, and not the way it was forced to be."

Before old wilderness and free trade removal it was called runescape.

After it, it was still called runescape. (No, not ruinedscape, you clown.)

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead