Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

So if ( mostly When) they bring back the "old" Wilderness, nothing should be excluded, this includes Overloads. What do others think about that? I'm sure a whole lot will complain if they ddo let overloads in, but tough, people who trained non-combat skills should have an advantage over someone with maxed melees' and only 20's in other stats.

I'm all for overloads in the wilderness, now that they have damage absobtion. One hit kills are rarer.

crossed_body.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if ( mostly When) they bring back the "old" Wilderness, nothing should be excluded, this includes Overloads. What do others think about that? I'm sure a whole lot will complain if they ddo let overloads in, but tough, people who trained non-combat skills should have an advantage over someone with maxed melees' and only 20's in other stats.

While I do believe in what you just said overloads might be a bit much.

Why? If you worked for something as epic as overloads why would they be too good ?

Because there overpowered, I personally think they should ban all the overpowered weps/prays from the wildy so it will have that old school pking feel back and it won't be whoever specs an 850 first.

372nd to max total level

As far as I remember the 1st version had a pking system similar to PvP worlds with PKers and non-PKers separated. I'd assume this is what the founders of the game wanted. But you know .. this would piss off the pkers because they'll have to .. you know .. fight prepared people who are going to kill them. And this system is perfect. Pkers are NOT limited to few worlds, [bleep] the wildy, the whole world is dangerous and pkers and skillers are separated.

Nope, I don't remember that in Runescape. At least not since 2004, when I first played. Maybe they had it for beta? Or maybe classic, but classic is a different game altogether.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Pking#History

Educate yourself then :thumbsup:. As far as you can see it was implemented because the pkers whined that ... other pkers pked them. Now .. we could just go back to the original system because I assume you pkers want to fight (judging from your posts) so the problem is not present anymore.

They should totally make a petition for it <3:

And if Classic is different game than RS2 you should consider pre-2007 and post 2007 pretty much 2 different games. Summoning and dg weren't in pre-2007, the untradable potions, the curses, well GWD was released few months before the killing of wildy but you can count it in both "versions", the divine shields, the claws, the whole effin combat was entirely different (power-wise). The pre and post 2007 are as different as rsc compared to rsn.

tl;dr If they want to take a step back (or forward, depending on the pov) they should take one step further and implement the rsc system. You can pk everywhere (no restrictions world/place-wise) with people who want to do the same and you can't run from it :shame: .

AFAIK, there was a limited number of times you could switch from NON-PK to PK, and many people was stuck on that choice forever so they changed the whole concept.

However, just giving them unlimited amounts of changing would not work, because then there would be no point as you can just switch to NON-PK instead of running, or switch to PK to ambush someone.

I don't get you're tl;dr point, are you saying that we should change back to RSC system just because? Why? We are voting for whether or not we want the RS2 pre Dec 07 system, and 90% voted yes. What does that have to do with the RSC system? Why don't we all go and play RSC, Jagex already reopened RSC and you can duel anyone, anywhere at any time.

Or why don't we delete all the new skills from Slayer and onwards?

As for RS2 pre/post dec 07 being two completely different games, I only partially agree. That only reason being the whole backbone of the game (read: free trade and the wilderness, also staking perhaps) was removed. Not because Summoning and DG were added. If free trade and the wilderness were never removed, summoning and DG would still be here, I see no problem with it. You can pk with a familiar in multi, and you can use your chaotic weapons, what's wrong?

^ to the above, I disagree that "overpowered" weapon should be banned, and all that exists are whip vs whip. That is hella boring.

If you don't want to go up against a cmaul or an ags, you could run, teleport, etc. Checking inventories for ext/ovls before dms can also be done, and if anything suspicious or what you deem unfair happens, just decline.

Staurolite.png

Why? We are voting for whether or not we want the RS2 pre Dec 07 system, and 90% voted yes. What does that have to do with the RSC system? Why don't we all go and play RSC, Jagex already reopened RSC and you can duel anyone, anywhere at any time.

I proposed it because I thought most people would be happy. Pkers can pk whenever/wherever they want with no limitations. The danger factor will return. Skillers wont have to deal with pkers. It had nothing to do with the 90% from the current vote.

As for the status - they can implement 3-4 days cooldown (as the 30 days cooldown for the names change).

Why? We are voting for whether or not we want the RS2 pre Dec 07 system, and 90% voted yes. What does that have to do with the RSC system? Why don't we all go and play RSC, Jagex already reopened RSC and you can duel anyone, anywhere at any time.

I proposed it because I thought most people would be happy. Pkers can pk whenever/wherever they want with no limitations. The danger factor will return. Skillers wont have to deal with pkers. It had nothing to do with the 90% from the current vote.

As for the status - they can implement 3-4 days cooldown (as the 30 days cooldown for the names change).

Right..... except with the 04-07 system, skillers don't have to deal with PKers either :rolleyes: . Like.... at all.....

Also, with your proposed 3-4 days cooldown, we'd have skillers going "OMG I got pked because I changed to PK, but I didn't wait 3 days!!! I only wanted to try it out!!! OMG"

What skill is so good to train that you HAVE to go into the wilderness anyways?

I'd also like to hear you comment on my views on RS2 being split into two different games, as I don't agree with using Summoning and DG as the reason. Can you give more reason?

Staurolite.png

What skill is so good to train that you HAVE to go into the wilderness?

That's the problem. After they relocate the useful stuff (quests, corporal beast, minigames) from the wildy you wont even find 1 (!) skiller out there* ... only an occasional pker trying to find skillers <_< . The wildy will become obsolete. Why waste such a vast space ?

*compared to the 2004-2007 when there were enough people to be hunted.

I'd also like to hear you comment on my views on RS2 being split into two different games, as I don't agree with using Summoning and DG as the reason. Can you give more reason?

TBH I haven't played RSC so much do only thing I can do is compare. I just found it strange to say that rsc and rsn (released on march 2004th) are 2 different games (3 years difference) but pre and post 2007 aren't (again - 3 years). IMO (yes .. an opinion nothing more) if there are updates which change drastically the way the game is played it's pretty much a new version. And Summoning was such update. Most of the skills got boosts as well (the new potions and prayers changed the combat aspect enough + the new equipment).

What skill is so good to train that you HAVE to go into the wilderness?

That's the problem. After they relocate the useful stuff (quests, corporal beast, minigames) from the wildy you wont even find 1 (!) skiller out there* ... only an occasional pker trying to find skillers <_< . The wildy will become obsolete. Why waste such a vast space ?

*compared to the 2004-2007 when there were enough people to be hunted.

Because the wilderness is just that, a wilderness. If it was densely populated, it wouldn't be a wilderness at all, just another city/town/village. It's for a place to roam, to explore, a place of uncertainty. So what's the problem? you just said there aren't skills worth training in the wilderness, so why are you worried about skillers being "bullied"?

TBH I haven't played RSC so much do only thing I can do is compare. I just found it strange to say that rsc and rsn (released on march 2004th) are 2 different games (3 years difference) but pre and post 2007 aren't (again - 3 years). IMO (yes .. an opinion nothing more) if there are updates which change drastically the way the game is played it's pretty much a new version. And Summoning was such update. Most of the skills got boosts as well (the new potions and prayers changed the combat aspect enough + the new equipment).

I'd say that free trade removal (along with the wilderness) drastically changed the way the game is played, moreso than single skills like Summ and DG. Skills don't affect everyone, there are many players out there with 1 summ, or just levels from TOG. And even more who don't know what dungeoneering really is. But the GE is used by EVERYONE.

Would you agree?

Staurolite.png

I'm all for overloads in the wilderness, now that they have damage absobtion. One hit kills are rarer.

What is damage absorption? Is it new? I haven't played in close to a year I have no clue what you're talking about lol

Because the wilderness is just that, a wilderness. If it was densely populated, it wouldn't be a wilderness at all, just another city/town/village. It's for a place to roam, to explore, a place of uncertainty. So what's the problem? you just said there aren't skills worth training in the wilderness, so why are you worried about skillers being "bullied"?

Well all I wanted to say is - "Why limit your-self". In other words if they are going to implement the PvP "the way it should be", they might as well really implement it the way it should be - done by the people who like it with NO LIMITATIONS AT ALL.

I'd say that free trade removal (along with the wilderness) drastically changed the way the game is played, moreso than single skills like Summ and DG. Skills don't affect everyone, there are many players out there with 1 summoning, or just levels from TOG. And even more who don't know what dungeoneering really is. But the GE is used by EVERYONE.

Would you agree?

I just gave a bad example I guess, but you got the main idea ... GE and Free-Trade Removal are far better examples :thumbup:

An interesting note - there is a 3-4 years cycle (for PvP changes mainly):

2001-2004 (3.25 years) RSC

2004-2008 (3.75 years) RSN (1.0 Pre-Trade Changes)

2008-2011 (3.?? years) RSN (2.0 Post-Trade Changes)

2011-20?? (?.?? years) RSN (3.0 Post-Pre-Trade Changes ?)

Well all I wanted to say is - "Why limit your-self". In other words if they are going to implement the PvP "the way it should be", they might as well really implement it the way it should be - done by the people who like it with NO LIMITATIONS AT ALL.

I'd say that free trade removal (along with the wilderness) drastically changed the way the game is played, moreso than single skills like Summ and DG. Skills don't affect everyone, there are many players out there with 1 summ, or just levels from TOG. And even more who don't know what dungeoneering really is. But the GE is used by EVERYONE.

Would you agree?

I just gave a bad example I guess, but you got the main idea ... GE and Free-Trade Removal are far better examples :thumbup:

An interesting note - there is a 3 year cycle: (+- 6 months)

RSC 2001-2004 (March)

RSN 2004-2007 (it was the end of the year ... december the 10th if I remember correct ? but it still counts as 2007 :D)

Post-Trade Removal 2007-2010 (shall we count it as 2010 or 2011 ?)

Post-Trade Reimplementation 2010-2013 (?) ...

are they going to remove it again after 3 years o.O

Well, I never played much RSC either, if any at all I can't remember. But iirc, the wilderness was added very early in the game, because they felt the whole pk/nonpk everywhere thing didn't work out.

If the whole pk/nonpk thing came back with pking allowed everywhere, I bet there'd be more skillers interaction with pkers than now, which apparently you guys hate.

For me personally, going on a solo trip was never about hunting down helpless skillers. I roamed half the wilderness sometimes without even meeting one soul, but sometimes I'd meet other pkers and maybe fight or team, maybe have a nice little chat, or maybe get into a heated flame war and start dueling it out with no limits. He prays, I pray; he safes, I safe, etc.

Alot of people, from what I've seen, are under the impression that the only point of going PKing is to kill helpless skillers and then talking smack at them. And that we panic at the mere sight of another player whos geared. Well, that's not true in the slightest.

Staurolite.png

Alot of people, from what I've seen, are under the impression that the only point of going PKing is to kill helpless skillers and then talking smack at them. And that we panic at the mere sight of another player whos geared. Well, that's not true in the slightest.

A lot of you guys (shall we call you ... honored pkers ? I'm not good with the terminology) are under the impression that we are actually afraid of losing some gpeez. We (at least a big part of us) are disgusted by the attitude and the way of thinking of the other part of the pkers.

- Y U RUNZ ?

- Dunt prey n00b!

- Hah I ownz ya!

And when I fight back

- Do not eat! (the hilarious part is that they are saying it WHILE THEY EAT (at the time of the said act) themselves)

Another examples

- You [cabbageing] noob. You didn't drop anything useful. F*** you you wasted my time (you'd be surprised how many times they pmed me this (with more msg-es and worse grammar)

A lot of you guys (shall we call you ... honored pkers ? I'm not good with the terminology) are under the impression that we are actually afraid of losing some gpeez. We (at least a big part of us) are disgusted by the attitude and the way of thinking of the other part of the pkers.

- Y U RUNZ ?

- Dunt prey n00b!

- Hah I ownz ya!

And when I fight back

- Do not eat! (the hilarious part is that they are saying it WHILE THEY EAT (at the time of the said act) themselves)

Another examples

- You [cabbageing] noob. You didn't drop anything useful. F*** you you wasted my time (you'd be surprised how many times they pmed me this (with more msg-es and worse grammar)

If there's one thing I hate in this game it's people like you just described.

because they felt the whole pk/nonpk everywhere thing didn't work out.

As someone who has played this game since the beginning (well, not quite the beginning...but March 2001, which was before the wilderness), I can tell you why they implemented the wilderness.

The reason the wild was added was because back in the day, you could only switch from PK'er to Non-PK'er like twice. That was it. Once you used up your chances, you were stuck as a Non-PK'er (or a PK'er if you started out as one). With the wild, you didn't have to pick. This allowed players who used up their chances to choose when they wanted to PK as many times as they wanted.

Also, during this time, banking was only used for gold (and the highest amount of gold that could be traded was 65k). So if you were a PK'er, you had to sell all of the stuff you PK'ed before you could bank your loot. And guards' initial purpose was to stop PK'ing in town. Lol, I guess they didn't anticipate people's levels.

So imo, they could bring back PK'ing everywhere and just implement it better than was done during the beginnings of RSC.

- Y U RUNZ ?

- Dunt prey n00b!

- Hah I ownz ya!

And when I fight back

Another examples

But there's those representatives in every group.

You know those 10 year old kids who sit in the bank and grind away at 99 fletching while they don't even know what the rest of the game is like? You know how they flaunt it in front of your face, showing off? Talking like getting 99 fletching is the be all end all.

In the end, they're just annoying, and more like amusement. Except in one scenario, you lose items (which tbh, you should be aware of since you are in the wildy), and in the other scenario, you don't. It's laughter material.

because they felt the whole pk/nonpk everywhere thing didn't work out.

As someone who has played this game since the beginning (well, not quite the beginning...but March 2001, which was before the wilderness), I can tell you why they implemented the wilderness.

The reason the wild was added was because back in the day, you could only switch from PK'er to Non-PK'er like twice. That was it. Once you used up your chances, you were stuck as a Non-PK'er (or a PK'er if you started out as one). With the wild, you didn't have to pick. This allowed players who used up their chances to choose when they wanted to PK as many times as they wanted.

Also, during this time, banking was only used for gold (and the highest amount of gold that could be traded was 65k). So if you were a PK'er, you had to sell all of the stuff you PK'ed before you could bank your loot. And guards' initial purpose was to stop PK'ing in town. Lol, I guess they didn't anticipate people's levels.

So imo, they could bring back PK'ing everywhere and just implement it better than was done during the beginnings of RSC.

Haha it'd be pretty amusing to see 3 level 20 guards trying to stop someone from pking a yew cutting south of falador. :razz:

Staurolite.png

But there's those representatives in every group.

Touche

Anyways I am moreinterested in the economics effect of it ... or to be more specific - a lot of people now are hoarding pvp supplies hoping that they will make a good profit selling it after wildy comes back ... but no one seems to think about the massive dump that's going to happen and that the people hoarding the supplies are far more than the people who are coming back for the wildy.

/whydiscusswheneverybodyissoconfidentofhisownpoints

This.

Thisthreadhasturnedintoaquotepointlessargumentmostpostersaremostlythesameusersbtwlulzmylastpostinthisthread.

To all the "YES" voters, job well done :thumbup:. Now we play the waiting game :-w

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Whole worlds dedicated to thuggery wasn't enough. (i won't even call pking PVP)

A whole minigame with high scores that was set in the wildy wasn't enough.

Its quite simple why.

The quiters, the whiners, the yes voters, THE CLOWNS, they all need EASY PKS.

They need people in the wildy who don't fight back.

They need green dragon killers who carrry little food.

They need abyssal crafters who can't fight back.

They need treasure trailers who venture into places they can't get out of so fast.

They need little kids who don't know any better with lots of hard earned gp to wonder accross the wildy ditch.

They need gimmicks and bugs to put skulls on people with only 3 items.

Alll I got to say is that jagex better increase memory allocation for their rants forum if they go through with this stupidy.

I remember the rants forum pre 2007 and it was nothing but OMFG STOP RUNNING STOP BRINGING 3 ITEMS AND LET ME PK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody is forcing anybody to go into the wilderness- it is 100% optional for anyone playing this game. But, if ANYBODY goes into the wilderness, they are automatically dubbed as a pk-er and treated as such, with normally being able to keep 3(4) and having attacked other no(1) items upon death. Yes, cheap kills are part of the wilderness experience, but i don't see why this is a problem- it's perhaps as cheap as going into the wilderness looking to make a fortune by runecrafting/tresure trails. High risk/high reward systems are part of every significant MMORPGs. If anybody knows anything, it's that skillers should be an added part in the wilderness, with a skiller system totally there in the current pvp system(brawling gloves, anyone?). With only pkers, the wilderness would be too sparse and empty, but having skillers forced in there makes the whole experience more fun.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

THIS makes me cry, especially I watched his vids in 2006 and it was normal, and now this is just a dream

Oh dear, never remembered Mahatma was such a [cabbage]. Flaming each one of his opponents, going red in the face for someone potting or using a prayer :mrgreen: He wouldn't last 5 minutes in today's RuneScape...

THIS makes me cry, especially I watched his vids in 2006 and it was normal, and now this is just a dream

Oh dear, never remembered Mahatma was such a [cabbage]. Flaming each one of his opponents, going red in the face for someone potting or using a prayer :mrgreen: He wouldn't last 5 minutes in today's RuneScape...

Idfc about Mahatma, it's about the old graphics etc :thumbup:

It's a strategy. If you get your opponent flustered and distracted you are more likely to win ;) Works every time.

Stellactic.gif

It's a strategy. If you get your opponent flustered and distracted you are more likely to win ;) Works every time.

Pretty dumb opponent then; but I've once died in f2p to such a trick, rofl. Kid kept talking, and after like 20 times I was in the middle of a sentence and grabbed the mouse, cuz he max hitted 2 times in a row unexpectedly, missed the swordie and gf :mrgreen:

His first PK vid was made during the golden age of PK'ing-- if he maged guys wearing rune, they'd immediately pull out an msb and some dhides and keep fighting.

A couple years later, if you tried maging someone in rune, they would throw a tantrum and immediately stop the fight by teleporting or running away and would call you a "farcaster." It was frustrating to see how stupid the majority of PKers had become lol

77yLQy8.png