Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

Would there be a return of fally park world 2? or will everything stay at the G/E - interesting thought

I hope so! One of my favourite places before free trade was removed. Hell of a place to merchant too!

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

World 2 will be back at fally. So many people traded there im 99% sure everyone will return. Also visually its one of the nicest towns to trade in (fally park for example)

I think that's unlikely as it would be very inconvenient to switch between ge and fally. In all likelyhood the market will grow around the ge, just as it's currently(with rare items in the south-west corner).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I'm still worried about RWT... in 2007 Jagex decided to cancel free trade exactly because of RWT... what's the difference, now? Did they find a technical solution, or simply gave up on the issue? I don't really believe that today a "detecting device" is any nearer that in 2007. Think of something "illegal" and unfair like botting: no matters what Jagex declares, there are always so may botters around, as we all can see. And botting is ways easier to detect than RWT!!!

Herblore should not add to combat. In the end, every skill adds to combat somehow someway. The solution is to just make the potions tradeable. Or disallow them in the wild, and when you hop over the ditch have any potions immediately go away so you can't pot outside.

If every skill gave hidden combat bonuses that would be true.

Such as firemaking giving you the ability to light weapons on fire for added damage - would be a combat bonus.

Smithing making your armor - isnt. However smithing adding armor plating or spikes to your armor (for added defense or offense, respectively is)

Also, another reason herblore shouldn't add to your combat is because it would give people combat levels they may not have wanted. It's not fair to suddenly increase people's combat after the fact; dungeoneering and summoning were both released with the knowledge that it would add to your combat.

I'm still worried about RWT... in 2007 Jagex decided to cancel free trade exactly because of RWT... what's the difference, now? Did they find a technical solution, or simply gave up on the issue? I don't really believe that today a "detecting device" is any nearer that in 2007. Think of something "illegal" and unfair like botting: no matters what Jagex declares, there are always so may botters around, as we all can see. And botting is ways easier to detect than RWT!!!

Most sweatshops were operated from China, using stolen credit card numbers to obtain RuneScape Membership to bot with.

It is now illegal to RWT in China now, massively downscaling the problem (incentive of botting was to sell off the money harvested). Plus it's been 3 years already, don't you think they would be more capable of handling the botting issues?

Bot's return is a good and bad thing. The pro's would be easier to obtain raw materials to train your levels (such as Prayer, or Herblore, for example), but the Con's would be less reason to play legitimately.

If you think RWT was not an issue post 2007, then you are so very wrong. It actually became much safer to rwt after the Trade Limits, because "every trade is a fair trade" in JaGex's eyes, although the Grand Exchange doesn't update enough for that to actually be true. You could see on some sites that Partyhats are sold for Trade Price + $$ instead of using Junk.

I think it's great that JaGex would keep the GE and stuff in place though, the things we all got used to. Price manipulation would still happen, as evidenced here; http://forum.tip.it/topic/91804-my-story/

Would be interesting to see how Extremes and Summoning, Chaotic Weapons and "new" special weapons would affect what used to be the old Wilderness. Hmmmmm

Anybody wonder if in reaction to free trade they'll lift the limits on the skill assist system? I think they should, because if they do not, it'll encourage more and more 'trust trades' after the 30k xp limit is reached. Before this was not a problem thanks to balanced trades, which won't be a road block after the change.

Granted there may need to be changes done to the effigy system, in addition to other things not coming to mind.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Anybody wonder if in reaction to free trade they'll lift the limits on the skill assist system? I think they should, because if they do not, it'll encourage more and more 'trust trades' after the 30k xp limit is reached. Before this was not a problem thanks to balanced trades, which won't be a road block after the change.

Granted there may need to be changes done to the effigy system, in addition to other things not coming to mind.

why would effigies need to be changed? the skill assist system will still remain according to jagex.

Naaxi.png

Most sweatshops were operated from China, using stolen credit card numbers to obtain RuneScape Membership to bot with.

It is now illegal to RWT in China now, massively downscaling the problem (incentive of botting was to sell off the money harvested). Plus it's been 3 years already, don't you think they would be more capable of handling the botting issues?

It's also against the law to pirate software in China... don't hold your breath on that one either.

re: Chinese gold farming - http://news.cnet.com...0275180-62.html

and another: http://wow.joystiq.c...t-really-a-ban/

for the trifecta: http://ict4dblog.wor...-fact-it-hasnt/

one more, perhaps: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/07/hold-on-chinas-gold-farming-ban-clarified/

But we wouldn't want to let anything like the facts get in the way of our precious Wildy. :razz:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

My idea for a "new" wilderness...

Keep everything as it is, quests, minigames etc. Revenants remain.

There will be a toggle option to change from pker to non-pker. This option can only be changed once every 15 days.

In order to stop people from a) changing to non-pker when losing a fight and b) changing to pker as an ambush the switch takes 15 minutes to take effect. You must be logged in during this timer and you cannot switch once you are in the wilderness.

When starting a quest that requires going into the wild you get a free pker switch even if you changed within the 15 day rule. If you do not take the free toggle then you have to wait as normal.

Revenants will attack nonpkers but not pkers. I think that because revenants would not attack pkers that some people would choose this as their option and instead lookout and evade pkers the old way on the rare times they use the wildy. Afterall not every location on every world is full of pkers ready to take you out.

What do people think of that?

I think the wilderness is the wilderness, is should be risky for skillers and pkers alike.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Bot's return is a good and bad thing. The pro's would be easier to obtain raw materials to train your levels (such as Prayer, or Herblore, for example), but the Con's would be less reason to play legitimately.

If you think RWT was not an issue post 2007, then you are so very wrong. It actually became much safer to rwt after the Trade Limits, because "every trade is a fair trade" in JaGex's eyes, although the Grand Exchange doesn't update enough for that to actually be true. You could see on some sites that Partyhats are sold for Trade Price + $$ instead of using Junk.

I think it's great that JaGex would keep the GE and stuff in place though, the things we all got used to. Price manipulation would still happen, as evidenced here; http://forum.tip.it/topic/91804-my-story/

Would be interesting to see how Extremes and Summoning, Chaotic Weapons and "new" special weapons would affect what used to be the old Wilderness. Hmmmmm

"Bot's return"

They never left..

"Bot's return"

They never left..

The 2007 ones?

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

"Bot's return"

They never left..

The 2007 ones?

i ment there are LOADS of bots still.

Seriously, I am still surprised by the people claiming botting is no longer a problem - it's as big as it was in '07, just a lot more subtle. There aren't a ton of low level yew bots anymore, granted, but there are plenty of mid-to high level bots running around everywhere. There are decent bots for every skill, even some new dungeoneering bots. It's as much a problem as it ever was, so don't pretend that they aren't around now becuase the magic of trade limits and PvP restrictions are here.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Seriously, I am still surprised by the people claiming botting is no longer a problem - it's as big as it was in '07, just a lot more subtle. There aren't a ton of low level yew bots anymore, granted, but there are plenty of mid-to high level bots running around everywhere. There are decent bots for every skill, even some new dungeoneering bots. It's as much a problem as it ever was, so don't pretend that they aren't around now becuase the magic of trade limits and PvP restrictions are here.

I'm pretty sure it's literally impossible to script a dung bot, aside from a bot that just keeps a lvl 3 logged in in f2p. Even if something like that happened, it could easily be stopped with kicking.

It isn't though, as there is a beta of a dungeoneering bot that's been released on a fairly reputable botting site. Don't know how good it is, as I don't bot, nor do I know anyone who owns it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it could do solo dungeons fairly effectively.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

They should get rid of the GE 4 hour limits. :D

I hope not. In fact, I'd like to see even stricter controls placed on mass purchases. With that, you can see the return of a real merchant class like before. The guys that bought small numbers of material so that they can resell it in bulk (with a slight mark-up). Remember when merchants actually served a real purpose?

But removal of price windows will be the best thing for the GE.

Placing my bet on green dragon products now. The inevitable free trade and wildness update would surely affect some items in ge and wildness products would most likely rise. I guess this applies to expensive spirit shields as well, but I cant think of anything else that is gathered on wildnesss.

It isn't though, as there is a beta of a dungeoneering bot that's been released on a fairly reputable botting site. Don't know how good it is, as I don't bot, nor do I know anyone who owns it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it could do solo dungeons fairly effectively.

Actually come to think of it, i could see some really complicated coding to script it, but it probably would only work for solo dung and not team, and it definitely would have a ton of bugs in it. I especially don't see it managing to overcome something like a merc leader/ramokee in the first few rooms with minimal food, or overcoming really hard doors in general without dying a lot of times.

To be honest i would admire the guy who manages to code the solution to every puzzle/boss and make a perfect dung bot.

Herblore should not add to combat. In the end, every skill adds to combat somehow someway. The solution is to just make the potions tradeable. Or disallow them in the wild, and when you hop over the ditch have any potions immediately go away so you can't pot outside.

If every skill gave hidden combat bonuses that would be true.

Such as firemaking giving you the ability to light weapons on fire for added damage - would be a combat bonus.

Smithing making your armor - isnt. However smithing adding armor plating or spikes to your armor (for added defense or offense, respectively is)

Also, another reason herblore shouldn't add to your combat is because it would give people combat levels they may not have wanted. It's not fair to suddenly increase people's combat after the fact; dungeoneering and summoning were both released with the knowledge that it would add to your combat.

Dungeoneering does not add combat levels, technically. Which is my beef with the fact that Chaotics are allowed, yet Extremes are not. I think at least SOME of the new pots should be allowed, others not (IE Spec restores)

"Bot's return"

They never left..

The 2007 ones?

Can't wait :thumbsup:

macroswoodcutting.gif

92665747.jpg

I believe the dungeoneering bot was only for c1 floors. That way it would only have to deal with GD's and keys.

It worked for all floors, was only in beta though and I'm not sure if the creator has added anything new to it.

For the record, I've never botted on my main, lol.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

I believe the dungeoneering bot was only for c1 floors. That way it would only have to deal with GD's and keys.

It worked for all floors, was only in beta though and I'm not sure if the creator has added anything new to it.

For the record, I've never botted on my main, lol.

It does c1 f1-11

I really don't know how I feel about overloads in the wilderness...

I mean, I think it sounds like a bad idea at first...to make people feel "obligated" to get herblore levels...

But then again, isn't there an "obligation" with some other things? What about d-claws? Theres a sense of obligation to buy some expensive items...what are these items? Gold. But what is gold? Hours in game. You can be "obligated" to spend hours making money, but not spend those same hours training skills?

I mean obviously it takes a lot more money to get overloads...but still I think you guys get my points. I mean a divine shield would provide a huge advantage in pvp and it would take way more time to get that shield than it would take to get 92+ herblore.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON