Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

Funny really, if they dont get 1M votes its Jagexs fault not the players, they have failed as a company and are failing their players as a result, 90% of current players voting yes = that should be the result.

It just shows that their primary concern is bringing old players back and raising revenue. Pretty much MMG is saying, "Herp derp, I need a million assurances for new memberships because there isn't any point of doing good for the current players as they are already paying memberships." This whole situation is getting pretty blatant, if we get wild and free trade back it will be awesome, but bittersweet knowing it's for the wrong reasons.

Edit: I mean really, I'm pretty sure they have the statistics for the number of active players, they must know that there are less then a million. They've rigged it so that for the referendum to pass they will need to be assured increases in members and revenue. They can't advertise their own game or are unwilling to so they leave it up to players to virally advertise for them. It's a shame the company has become ridden with so much greed.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how about the dungeoneering rewards? Just like herblore an item you can get after getting a high lvl in a skill that does not affect combat....directly.

Wonder what you guys think about that.

You can lose dung rewards. Dung is functionally a minigame reward, on the same level of void. It's not a constant advantage like the ability to use ovl/ext.

So how about the dungeoneering rewards? Just like herblore an item you can get after getting a high lvl in a skill that does not affect combat....directly.

You can lose dung rewards. Dung is functionally a minigame reward, on the same level of void. It's not a constant advantage like the ability to use ovl/ext.

Yeh but if it drops....can I see it/pick it up? No.

Constant advantage? Since when is herblore a constant advantage....potions need to be made and potions wear out ofter a while, also if you die you risk losing your potions.

Yeh you can make new pots....yeh you can get another weapon in deamonheim.

Plz note, I do not have a side in this, just seeing if someone can come with legit reasons in this discussion.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Would be funny if he only wants over a million simply because that's how many+ the petition had.

Those who voted multiple times/for other people/down the highscores list would have sealed their own fate if that was the case. Irony

I'm pretty sure it was allowed to sign up for your friends, they almost encouraged it.

Constant advantage? Since when is herblore a constant advantage....potions need to be made and potions wear out ofter a while, also if you die you risk losing your potions.

Plz note, I do not have a side in this, just seeing if someone can come with legit reasons in this discussion.

Legit reasons for extremes to be allowed:

-Every single other skill-based advantage in the game is allowed

-Encourages skilling and experiencing more of the game

Legit reasons for extremes to be banned:

-BAWW I CANT MAKE THEM :(

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Funny really, if they dont get 1M votes its Jagexs fault not the players, they have failed as a company and are failing their players as a result, 90% of current players voting yes = that should be the result.

This.

I cannot believe how goddamn stupid MMG is. I want him gone so badly.

This.

I'm absolutely disgusted by MMG's responses. Come on, 500k people suddenly voting no at new year. Seriously, has he skipped high school, or is he just plain stupid and doesn't understand basic statistics? I mean, he seems like just making up a number and saying, "homm yeah, 1m should be fine, hmmkay".

This.

I cannot believe how goddamn stupid MMG is. I want him gone so badly.

This.

I'm absolutely disgusted by MMG's responses. Come on, 500k people suddenly voting no at new year. Seriously, has he skipped high school, or is he just plain stupid and doesn't understand basic statistics? I mean, he seems like just making up a number and saying, "homm yeah, 1m should be fine, hmmkay".

I think he just does not want to work so he sets the bar high hopes it fails and haha no more brainstorming about all the problems bringing back wildy will bring.

Ps. Green gets it :) easy understandable but really strong arguments.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

It has nothing to do with statistics... he only wants active players to encourage their friends to sign up and create a buzz over this.

He's playing you because he knows what you guys want. He's got a nice carrot on a stick and you are playing a bunch of donkeys.

Come on guys! You created a bunch of scripts to cheat on a rigged poll... you can do this on a legit vote also!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

It has nothing to do with statistics... he only wants active players to encourage their friends to sign up and create a buzz over this.

He's playing you because he knows what you guys want. He's got a nice carrot on a stick and you are playing a bunch of donkeys.

Come on guys! You created a bunch of scripts to cheat on a rigged poll... you can do this on a legit vote also!

do you need to be a member to vote?

Are you seriously comparing a 18k pot to 2mil dung xp? You don't have to gain the herblore xp back, and it costs around like 15k to make an extreme vs 2mil dung xp or playing pc for a week for void. It's pretty constant and has the same effect as if you grew CB levels, due to the fact it's a PASSIVE ability.

Legit reasons for extremes to be allowed:

-Every single other skill-based advantage in the game is allowed

Like what? The fm requirement for handcannon? Or is it that magical untradeable bow from fletching? Oh yeah and don't forget about those enchanted sharks 92 cooking allows you to cook.

-Encourages skilling and experiencing more of the game

I'm pretty sure 90% of pkers would rather not waste time on non-combat skills to pk effectively.

Things that i think other people are saying, because i don't know how to read posts and have the comprehension of a 4 year old:

- omg i can't affordz herblore, and i should bow down to anybody else who has wasted more time on the game to me. Also, i don't think pk should require skill at all, and should be about who can afford herblore and who is willing to waste more time on the game.

According to Websters dictionary

Definition of "REFERENDUM"

1a : the principle or practice of submitting to popular vote a measure passed on or proposed by a legislative body or by popular initiative

-- So by setting 1m votes is not a referendum

According to Websters dictionary

Definition of "REFERENDUM"

1a : the principle or practice of submitting to popular vote a measure passed on or proposed by a legislative body or by popular initiative

-- So by setting 1m votes is not a referendum

That is quite perceptive of you.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Like what? The fm requirement for handcannon? Or is it that magical untradeable bow from fletching? Oh yeah and don't forget about those enchanted sharks 92 cooking allows you to cook.

To name a few:

juju gumbo

barrows and other RFD gloves

Korasi's sword

Chaotic weapons

Arc stream

Dungeoneering shields

Curse book

Rigour

Augury

Dragon dagger

Dragon longsword

Dragon scimitar

Neitiznot helm

Should I go on? Each one of those things require skilling to attain, and yet are somehow allowed in PvP. Herblore is singled out simply because it's harder to get, so lazy, poor PKers decide they want them gone.

If you want a game where you can just log in and kill people day 1, choose something that's not an RPG, idiots.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

To name a few:

juju gumbo

Korasi's sword

Chaotic weapons

Arc stream

Dungeoneering shields

Curse book

Rigour

Augury

Dragon dagger

Dragon longsword

Dragon scimitar

Neitiznot helm

Should I go on? Each one of those things require skilling to attain, and yet are somehow allowed in PvP. Herblore is singled out simply because it's harder to get, so lazy, poor PKers decide they want them gone.

If you want a game where you can just log in and kill people day 1, choose something that's not an RPG, idiots.

Quests =/= skilling/spending 120M. It really isn't. I'm not exactly sure how you can compare lost city and 92 herblore The skill isn't just harder, it's i don't know....not a quest? The only thing herblore can be compared to is spending money on cb skills, which is why it should be either reflected in cb level or banned from an activity that purposely attempts to put people of similar CB together.

Dung rewards were already explained, the prayers are about the only thing similar, but it's nothing compared to the pots. And prayer is reflected in CB levl anyway.

To name a few:

juju gumbo

Korasi's sword

Chaotic weapons

Arc stream

Dungeoneering shields

Curse book

Rigour

Augury

Dragon dagger

Dragon longsword

Dragon scimitar

Neitiznot helm

Quests =/= skilling/spending 120M. It really isn't. I'm not exactly sure how you can compare lost city and 92 herblore The skill isn't just harder, it's i don't know....not a quest?

Dung rewards were already explained, the prayers are about the only thing similar, but it's nothing compared to the pots.

Quests require skill levels.

Derp hurp.

To name a few:

juju gumbo

Korasi's sword

Chaotic weapons

Arc stream

Dungeoneering shields

Curse book

Rigour

Augury

Dragon dagger

Dragon longsword

Dragon scimitar

Neitiznot helm

Quests =/= skilling/spending 120M. It really isn't. I'm not exactly sure how you can compare lost city and 92 herblore The skill isn't just harder, it's i don't know....not a quest?

Dung rewards were already explained, the prayers are about the only thing similar, but it's nothing compared to the pots.

Quests require skill levels.

Derp hurp.

Is it the 31 crafting or the 36 woodcutting to do lost city that makes it similar to 92 herblore? Or is it the 99 prayer requirement for a quest that makes it comparable to actually training a skill?

And as soon as you set a bar as to what is too difficult to obtain to be allowed in the wilderness, you'll be having tons of whiners clamoring to have said bar lowered.

Yes quests and 80 dung can't be compared to 96 herblore in terms of difficulty, but the underlying principle is exactly the same.

So let me ask you this. Tomorrow, Jagex removes all skill requirements for making extreme potions. However, before you can make any of them, you have to finish a quest that requires 96 Herblore. The quest can be as simple as talking to 2 or 3 people and you get 1 quest point and the ability to make extreme pots and Overloads as a reward.

Would that make them acceptable for PvP, since it's now a quest?

Is it the 31 crafting or the 36 woodcutting to do lost city that makes it similar to 92 herblore? Or is it the 99 prayer requirement for a quest that makes it comparable to actually training a skill?

Both. Why is it acceptable for some requirements to be allowed and not others?

Here, I'll answer that for you: "requirements I am not too lazy to obtain are acceptable."

I have created an mirc script for anyone interested in knowing how many days until 1m votes....

The code is

on *:TEXT:*VOTES!*:?:{
 if ($nick == RuneScript) {
   noop $regex($eval($ $+ $0, 2), /(\d+\.\d+)/S)
   echo -a It would take another $duration($calc((1000000 - $strip($remove($12, $chr(44)))) / $regml(1))) to reach 1 million votes at this vote rate.
 }
}

You paste that into remotes on mIRC, and you query RuneScript with "!votes" to activate it. It only works the second time though, because it doesn't show a rate until the second time.