Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

What are they going to do about overload? If I want to kill the chaos elemental with overloads, what's preventing me from pking with it?

I don't really get why they aren't allowed anyway. They aren't much better than super pots.

Pkers thought it was unfair that you can't tell that they have overloads without highscoring them, basically, your combat wasn't affected.

I do see the annoyance though, Herblore's sole high level purpose is bonus combat levels - there is no extreme crafting potions just extreme combat pots. In that sense Herblore should be displayed on your combat level if you are using extremes.

Old issue though, and I am sure they wont allow extremes to be used though I wonder how they will stop someone from potting up outside the ditch and hopping over. To my knowledge pkers already do that by potting up logging out and switching to pvp worlds

This is a non issue anyway... all the babys that dont have high level herb can just level it so they can sit at the big boys table. THe rest of the poor noobs should just die and cough up their loot. Skills > all in runescape.

There shouldent be a combat level.... just a total level... issue resolved.

Anyhow i bet dollars to donughts that the smithing update they have planned would totally [bleep]ing blow with the current trade restrictions and GE limitations, hence this whole rollback thing... watch they will have a massive gamechanging update first THEN get rid of the restrictions. We all know how the overloads/herb updated went for that skill... people are still trying to recoup the cost from merchants that gouged on the GE.... THE GE CAN SMOKE A [rooster].

No, I don't feel like having to spend 125M+ on a non combat skill to pk, kthxbye.

Simple solution is just to make extreme/overloads tradeable, or put a cap on the percentage of levels boosted in the wild and prevent anyone over it to enter. Anyway, jagex already said they were going to figure out a solution to it.

EDIT: Simplest solution: reset all levels once you enter the wilderness. You can only pot once you're in the wild, and you can't bring extremes/overloads. Kind of like what they do when you try to log onto f2p with potted stats.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Herblore should not add to combat. In the end, every skill adds to combat somehow someway. The solution is to just make the potions tradeable. Or disallow them in the wild, and when you hop over the ditch have any potions immediately go away so you can't pot outside.

d00d, players already hit 600s in PvP with super pots and turmoil. Do we REALLY need to raise that to 700s by allowing OVLs? FFS.

Yeah, i mean people running around in and out of the wild with dark bows trying to one shot somebody with hits over 1000 with extreme range pots is definitely what we need in pvp.

Jagex could just do what I suggested way back when the Extreme Potions came out - keep them untradeable, allow them to be used, but add another source of them. Some high level monsters could drop them. Hard and Elite clue scrolls could give small quantities of them. Maybe add a medium level quest that gives access to a shop that offers a small quantity of each of them at a fair price.

Jagex could just do what I suggested way back when the Extreme Potions came out - keep them untradeable, allow them to be used, but add another source of them. Some high level monsters could drop them. Hard and Elite clue scrolls could give small quantities of them. Maybe add a medium level quest that gives access to a shop that offers a small quantity of each of them at a fair price.

Or keep them banned, so we don't unbalance pvp anymore.

Just thought i would bring this up.

We know they are keeping zuriels, statius, morrigans and maby brawlers as drops from pking. We don't know how they are actually going to be droped. I didn't mind the old wild because pkers generally wouldn't bother you if you one itemed and did a clue. You had the occasional noob who did it for the lols but it was manageable. What i'm concerned about with the new wild is that anyone might have an equal chance of droping pvp gear.

That means that people might start camping clue locations for easy kills. The imature pkers were bad enough in the old wild, we don't need it to actually become a money maker.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Ah the Herblore overload issue rears it's head. Now comes the guys with silly statements like "let's keep RS proper separate from PvP". That, combined with many, many non-tradable quest items that offer combat benefits with minimum risk or loss will be a problem like pre free trade changes.

First, it's very simple to allow Herblore to affect combat level just like Prayer and Summoning already do. However, to do that, Jagex needs to offer non-tradable combat benefits from Herblore potions from skill level 3+. Pretty sure players would love ability to merge pots, pots that give a 5 minute non-degradable boost, damage absorbing benefits, etc. Then if you don't want herblore to affect your combat level, just never have a flask of any kind in your possession similar to what is the case with Summoning. Hell, it'd be easy for Jagex to offer the option to deactivate prayer so it can't affect your combat level.

Face it, being better at other skills and quests will give you access to items that improve combat. By bringing back the Wilderness to all of RS, it's silly to then say not to have major aspects of RS have an impact in the Wilderness. Balance is cool, but complete boycott is not.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Why is it that we can use chaotic weapons in PvP but people think it is unfair to have extreme potions in PvP?

Just thought i would bring this up.

We know they are keeping zuriels, statius, morrigans and maby brawlers as drops from pking. We don't know how they are actually going to be droped. I didn't mind the old wild because pkers generally wouldn't bother you if you one itemed and did a clue. You had the occasional noob who did it for the lols but it was manageable. What i'm concerned about with the new wild is that anyone might have an equal chance of droping pvp gear.

That means that people might start camping clue locations for easy kills. The imature pkers were bad enough in the old wild, we don't need it to actually become a money maker.

I still dont understand how anyone is immature for wanting to kill you.

If anything, it sounds like you are the immature one for crying when other people engage in behavior that is coherent with what the area was designed for... :unsure:

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Any skill can be linked to combat. You smith weapons, slay for weapons, mine for ore to smith weapons...etc. Herblore shouldn't be any different.

I don't remember the exact quote from MMG, but it was something along the lines of "Get better or GTFO"

What are they going to do about overload? If I want to kill the chaos elemental with overloads, what's preventing me from pking with it?

In other news...

The Chaos Elemental has taken up residence in a new multi-combat cave in deep wilderness. Untradeable potions such as extremes and overloads will be permitted inside the cave, and as a result, player-vs-player combat is disabled while inside. All boosted stats will be reset to your original level when leaving the cave.

Not that I want that, but it's as simple as that.

extremes aren't overpowered necessarily, w good gear and serious gangsta skillz you can survive pretty easily

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

They should get rid of the GE 4 hour limits. :D

I hope not. In fact, I'd like to see even stricter controls placed on mass purchases. With that, you can see the return of a real merchant class like before. The guys that bought small numbers of material so that they can resell it in bulk (with a slight mark-up). Remember when merchants actually served a real purpose?

But removal of price windows will be the best thing for the GE.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

How about we think about what happened after exts came out.

It was allowed in PVP, and many people ranted and then Jagex took it out.

Now we can picture the situation if it was introduced with old wildy still around. Lots of people will rant about it, and it will become banned.

These restrictions on the pvp system which came out after 07, I guess they would have those restrictions on the old wilderness when it comes back. Because hypothetically, if the old wilderness was never removed, extremes would still be added into the game. The outcome is the same.

Staurolite.png

I think its crap an shouldn't happen.

I've played since 2001, an everything before RS2 come out was great. Since then, it's a new game. Keep it a new evolving game. Don't go backwards.

I lived for pking/staking/free trade back then, these days, learned to live without. An the game IMO with its content an population can never go back to a free trade/old style pk type of game, wont work.

Just my opinion. =)

I'll continue to cassualy play no matter what anyway. =)

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

it's been 90% 8% 2% for pretty much the whole time the poll has been out, seems kinda suspicious... maybe it's just me... :mellow:

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)

it's been 90% 8% 2% for pretty much the whole time the poll has been out, seems kinda suspicious... maybe it's just me... :mellow:

When you have such a large number of votes it's bound to have a trend ... it's been 88 9 3 for example which is +-2%.

Do you think shops will have player stock in again, IE general store camping on w2 for the hope someone will sell a few ranarr seeds in there :P?.

Also will fire runes be able to be sold again for tokkul, causing a crash in fury prices?

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Do you think shops will have player stock in again, IE general store camping on w2 for the hope someone will sell a few ranarr seeds in there :P?.

Also will fire runes be able to be sold again for tokkul, causing a crash in fury prices?

Those days were awesome. Every now and then someone would sell a dragon equipment to the store and it would be gone almost immediately.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Those days were awesome. Every now and then someone would sell a dragon equipment to the store and it would be gone almost immediately.

Gooood old days. :thumbup: