Jimmyw3000

Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

Still never seen a single bot at red chins, always been all players for me.

Green dragons? Never seen more than three people there.

Then you're not watching. There's roughly 6 people at each CT spawn on every world

Yep, at peek hours. I can confirm at least 3/4ths of those to be players.

Off hours we're still looking at 0-3 at each spawn... each less talkitive, wont deny that a bunch of those could be bots, but just as well they might be off their own hours and not want to talk.

That is NOT 300 bots every world and one hit yew trees.

I'd much rather fight a few exp bots for catches than be trampled by a plague of farm bots, wouldn't you?

You can prove very little. How do you prove someone's a player, and not Artificial Intelligence, or a bot? Barely anyone uses public chat these days, so almost anyone could potentially be a botter.

Lol at people saying overloads should be allowed in pvp because they trained it and deserve to use it, the old wildy was alot funner because we didn't have so many overpowered weapons/prayers I really hope they ban turmoil/korasi/ovl/claws/dung weaps from the wildy I posted about this on the rs forums and was instantly shot down with "l2 train your skills"/"refund 400m pl0x"/"just because you can't afford those weapons doesn't mean others shouldn't be able to use them"

I have turm on 3 accs and 99 herb on my main but I would gladly have them banned for the greater good anyone who is an avid pker will know it would be alot funner without these things the others that probably don't pvp much well...have fun speccing 900s lol

Rose tinted glasses. What we do need is damage reducing armor/higher health (Torva)

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Make sure I got this right: The wild is supposed to be a dangerous place, and all noobs afraid of dying should stay out. However, Extremes and overloads make the wild too dangerous for pkers and should be banned. Hmm, so altering the mechanics of the game to ensure a enjoyment by the subset is ok.

Anyway, since we're shifting subjects to virtual combat level, that's been suggested for years now. Consider, your "combat level" only applies if you have ZERO items in your inventory. Having a weapon increases your STR and ATK, having a bow and ammo increases your RNG, having food increases your HP, having pots can increase many items, having armor increases your DEF, etc, etc, etc. Trust me, a fully decked out player with 99's in all combat is MUCH, MUCH more deadly than a level 138 monster. However, a level 138 with ZERO items would be killed easily by a player with only 60's in skills yet fully equipped. This has been the major drive behind pures allowing them to have a much more powerful weapon at the expense of no armor yet still puts them at a virtually more higher combat potential.

It's actually not that difficult for the game to display virtual levels. Heck, it can show three levels each for Mage/Range/Melee. Not sure how you can implement that in the way the Wilderness currently works ensuring only those within certain combat levels can fight each other. Personally, I think it can work with some effort to balance it out. Plus, imagine at the duel arena where you get to see your opponents virtual combat level which alters based on the dueling conditions. No more people pretending to only being able to wield rune or certain scams designed to restrict combat ability covertly.

Agreed 100%.

I find it ironic that the "old wildy" is not even restored yet, and the Pkers are already whining about it. :lol:

Sadly -- the PKer's want their cake and to eat it too. They want to be able to "safely" PK other players with lesser abilities and not have to face down players with greater abilities.

Personally -- IMO -- if you want to "PK old wildy style", then man the hell up and take your licks, already. :angry:

It's not the fault that someone else has got better skills than you. Get over it.

There's a difference between "dangerous" and "dude he speced me twice and i died without being able to do anything broken". Did no one consider the fact that ovl/extremes can be used at any CB level? Does anybody know how this affects 1 def/low def/lvl pures? In a fight bewtween two 1 def pures with 99 str, the fight will literally come down to whoever hits first.

I haven't done any calculations or anything, but i don't think it would be to dangerous to assert that if a 1 def pure gets rushed by any pker with 99 str with extremes/ovl, the pure has a higher chance of dying than surviving a rush. I'm not exactly a big fan of pures, but i don't think screwing over a large portion of the pking community would do pvp any good.

The majority of people on here favoring ovl/extremes are people that are too arrogant to look at how it would affect pvp as a whole, and are only concerned about their own self interest.

Make sure I got this right: The wild is supposed to be a dangerous place, and all noobs afraid of dying should stay out. However, Extremes and overloads make the wild too dangerous for pkers and should be banned. Hmm, so altering the mechanics of the game to ensure a enjoyment by the subset is ok.

Anyway, since we're shifting subjects to virtual combat level, that's been suggested for years now. Consider, your "combat level" only applies if you have ZERO items in your inventory. Having a weapon increases your STR and ATK, having a bow and ammo increases your RNG, having food increases your HP, having pots can increase many items, having armor increases your DEF, etc, etc, etc. Trust me, a fully decked out player with 99's in all combat is MUCH, MUCH more deadly than a level 138 monster. However, a level 138 with ZERO items would be killed easily by a player with only 60's in skills yet fully equipped. This has been the major drive behind pures allowing them to have a much more powerful weapon at the expense of no armor yet still puts them at a virtually more higher combat potential.

It's actually not that difficult for the game to display virtual levels. Heck, it can show three levels each for Mage/Range/Melee. Not sure how you can implement that in the way the Wilderness currently works ensuring only those within certain combat levels can fight each other. Personally, I think it can work with some effort to balance it out. Plus, imagine at the duel arena where you get to see your opponents virtual combat level which alters based on the dueling conditions. No more people pretending to only being able to wield rune or certain scams designed to restrict combat ability covertly.

Agreed 100%.

I find it ironic that the "old wildy" is not even restored yet, and the Pkers are already whining about it. :lol:

Sadly -- the PKer's want their cake and to eat it too. They want to be able to "safely" PK other players with lesser abilities and not have to face down players with greater abilities.

Personally -- IMO -- if you want to "PK old wildy style", then man the hell up and take your licks, already. :angry:

It's not the fault that someone else has got better skills than you. Get over it.

There's a difference between "dangerous" and "dude he speced me twice and i died without being able to do anything broken". Did no one consider the fact that ovl/extremes can be used at any CB level? Does anybody know how this affects 1 def/low def/lvl pures? In a fight bewtween two 1 def pures with 99 str, the fight will literally come down to whoever hits first.

I haven't done any calculations or anything, but i don't think it would be to dangerous to assert that if a 1 def pure gets rushed by any pker with 99 str with extremes/ovl, the pure has a higher chance of dying than surviving a rush. I'm not exactly a big fan of pures, but i don't think screwing over a large portion of the pking community would do pvp any good.

The majority of people on here favoring ovl/extremes are people that are too arrogant to look at how it would affect pvp as a whole, and are only concerned about their own self interest.

Yes but the difference is pures CHOOSE to have 1 defence, it is a choice nobody makes them do that, if they're afraid of extremes/ovl the answer is simple raise defence.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Lol at people saying overloads should be allowed in pvp because they trained it and deserve to use it, the old wildy was alot funner because we didn't have so many overpowered weapons/prayers I really hope they ban turmoil/korasi/ovl/claws/dung weaps from the wildy I posted about this on the rs forums and was instantly shot down with "l2 train your skills"/"refund 400m pl0x"/"just because you can't afford those weapons doesn't mean others shouldn't be able to use them"

I have turm on 3 accs and 99 herb on my main but I would gladly have them banned for the greater good anyone who is an avid pker will know it would be alot funner without these things the others that probably don't pvp much well...have fun speccing 900s lol

Rose tinted glasses. What we do need is damage reducing armor/higher health (Torva)

Lol I just looked up your bh rank and you only have like 500 score so I doubt your 2 big on pking. I've been a pker since I started rs and I've witnessed alot of changes and it was definitely better in the original wild in 05-07 without these weapons that can take off 90% of your health in 1 spec

372nd to max total level

Agreed 100%.

Yes but the difference is pures CHOOSE to have 1 defence, it is a choice nobody makes them do that, if they're afraid of extremes/ovl the answer is simple raise defence.

lol and then become a main? OR raise it to 45 and become a zerk? Basically make them non-existant? Making a large portion of hte pking community rage is never a good thing, especially when the only benefit is to make people with 92 herblore feel good, or placed an added emphasis on HEAVILY grinding a skill that is already overpirced, which adds literally nothing to pvp, other than turning it into a broken mess of people getting 2 speced by claws, or even one shotted by cannon/darkbow (which btw, with extreme range, will happen VERY often, considering the accuracy would probably nearly double (at least1.5x)), especially if the guy is rushing someone with low def...like a zerker or pure.

And it's not only 1 def pures, zerkers definately would NOT benefit, whether they have extremes or not. An extreme def pot wouldn't do much at 45 (adds like 14 levels), and facing anybody else with extremes/ovl would result in a blood bath. It would LITERALLY be who could get their veng combo off first and then pull out claws.

Point is, maybe for a maxed player with 99 def, it wouldn't be that bad, but for every person who doesn't massively train def (like, a [cabbage] ton of pkers and everyone below lvl 105), the release would only be negative.

Lol I just looked up your bh rank and you only have like 500 score so I doubt your 2 big on pking. I've been a pker since I started rs and I've witnessed alot of changes and it was definitely better in the original wild in 05-07 without these weapons that can take off 90% of your health in 1 spec

RSC PKing was the best.

td2sig.jpg

tbh it's just a different skillset nowadays. hybriding, soul split / protect pray usage, unicorn can keep you alive without food for quite a long time.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

tbh it's just a different skillset nowadays. hybriding, soul split / protect pray usage, unicorn can keep you alive without food for quite a long time.

because pvp=pvm? Or do pkers pull out unicorns and bunyips now in fight?

I assume ... something stops them from doing it ... but I can't think of anything.

lol bring me a old school pker, let him use a full yak of food and fight me with a uni. i can basically guarantee a 70-80% winrate over him.

uni + sum pots is the best food in the game. heals as much per slot as a brew and doesn't require attack turns / lowers combat stats.

the only reason they arent used is because they raise your combat level and pkers don't like that

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

lol bring me a old school pker, let him use a full yak of food and fight me with a uni. i can basically guarantee a 70-80% winrate over him.

uni + sum pots is the best food in the game. heals as much per slot as a brew and doesn't require attack turns / lowers combat stats.

the only reason they arent used is because they raise your combat level and pkers don't like that

Neither of those are used, because, yeah, they raise your CB level and the fact that one of you would KO another easily before a full yak of food is used. The healing effect is negible compared to the CB boost. Hell, if a lvl 112 decided to use a unicorn and run around in the wild a maxed player with ovl/extremes would smack the [cabbage] out of him before he could even dismiss his unicorn.

Summoning isn't any means a good way of staying alive b/c of cb boost.

Neither of those are used, because, yeah, they raise your CB level and the fact that one of you would KO another easily before a full yak of food is used. The healing effect is negible compared to the CB boost. Hell, if a lvl 112 decided to use a unicorn and run around in the wild a maxed player with ovl/extremes would smack the [cabbage] out of him before he could even dismiss his unicorn.

if you're 138 it doesnt matter anyway. lol.

also, summoning tanks

and no, if you are fast enough to use uni in addition to pneck+brew+rocktail it's really easy to safe

sigcopyaf.png

also, summoning tanks

and no, if you are fast enough to use uni in addition to pneck+brew+rocktail it's really easy to safe

Have you ever ventured out of W68 Clan Wars White portal before? You have no idea of how real PvP works, do you? Actually try and pk, and then tell us

Im getting sick of this. If some low level pure wants to struggle with the massive investment of 96 herb so he can one shot other people his combat level thats fine by me.

If you want to fight people with restrictions go staking...

The wild isn't Switzerland... the wild is international waters where somalie pirates can swoop down at any time and wreck your [cabbage].

Grow a pair.

Fools_Taco.png

also, summoning tanks

Having to pull off that kind of combo to survive is a good indicator that weapons in runescape are op. Anyway summoning tanks are an extreeme pure and summons are by no means usefull to most pkers. The only people i see pking with summons are high level trybriders and summoning tanks

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

"Any update which does not grant us pures and advantage, or removes advantage, is a bad update."

- Quoted from the 2008-2010 PVP prods.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

"Any update which does not grant us pures and advantage, or removes advantage, is a bad update."

- Quoted from the 2008-2010 PVP prods.

I don't think this game was made for pures, it is not the idea Jagex has/had.

I remember reading that somewhere.

Why not just tweak it to where OVL/EXT act like their lower equivalents when the player using them is in combat with another player?

So those 125/125/125/122/106 become what, 118/118/118/112/104. Sure, they still stay boosted all the way for the five-minute period and only take up one inventory space, but it's still a fair compromise.

If the Overloading player were fighting, say, the Chaos Elemental, their stats would be normal Overload grade. If they attack another player, their stats will lower to the above. However, if they retaliate, their stats will remain Overload grade.

I feel this is very fair. This allows some players a kind of "immunity" from being attacked randomly by PKers, if JaGEx does indeed intend for the Wilderness to return to all worlds.

Some will say, "But those who enjoyed PKing prior to the changes had no choice in the matter!" Yes, this is true. But if you were to deny people the small amenity proposed above based entirely on that rationale, you are nothing but a vindictive [wagon].

This is so far the best idea.

Why? Because remember there are monsters in the wildernis, it would be unfair to disable the ovl pots in the whole wildernis.

Some monsters can't be found outside.

The retaliate idea....meh I think it should only count if you just run, as soon as your are in full combat with someone for let's say 10 seconds the stats should be lowered.

I like this guys thinking because he is compensating and he reminded me of the various pvm that happens in wildy.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

not trolling, if youre referring to edge pking then yeah i admit i don't do it at all because to me it requires no skill and is a joke. but if you look at good hybrids, a lot of them use wolpertinger or yak.

either way, again i emphasize - staying alive nowadays mostly reflects good hybriding and soulsplit versus prayer usage, and in some cases uni usage. this is applicable both in w68 clan wars and in good hybriding. back in the day it was basically all about when to eat. knowing when to eat is still important but is no longer the main contributing factor to survivability.

sigcopyaf.png

Im getting sick of this. If some low level pure wants to struggle with the massive investment of 96 herb so he can one shot other people his combat level thats fine by me.

The wild isn't Switzerland... the wild is international waters where somalie pirates can swoop down at any time and wreck your [cabbage].

Grow a pair.

I can see both sides of the argument, but I think it's a good idea not to allow untradeable pots in the wild, especially since herblore doesn't raise CB. Prayer and summoning both have advantages in combat that you can't trade, and they both raise CB. Does bring into question whether or not chaotic will be allowed though

yes.png

Grow a pair.

I can see both sides of the argument, but I think it's a good idea not to allow untradeable pots in the wild, especially since herblore doesn't raise CB. Prayer and summoning both have advantages in combat that you can't trade, and they both raise CB. Does bring into question whether or not chaotic will be allowed though

Chaotic weapons are not a hidden bonus, while extremes would be.

It would be like if a whip required 85 slayer to wield, I would not complain about it being used and not giving a combat level because you can easily see when someone is using a whip.

Grow a pair.

It would be like if a whip required 85 slayer to wield, I would not complain about it being used and not giving a combat level because you can easily see when someone is using a whip.

So putting a mark on a person using overloads would be enough? (not carrying but only if they drunk it)

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Grow a pair.

So putting a mark on a person using overloads would be enough? (not carrying but only if they drunk it)

My opinion: No

yes.png

Grow a pair.

Yes if PvP wasnt broken.

No because you could potentially 1 shot a 138 with max health with it and the right bonuses.

If Jagex adds more damage soaking/more health adding armor so that pvp fights can last minutes instead of seconds on max leveled players then I will absolutely be all for it.