Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

I hope they don't seriously expect to get that many votes.

Even I (because I was bored and curious if it would work) started making up usernames in the original petition. They worked.

Pkers dont even need to create an account, they already have pures in every bracket.

The loudest population in rsof are pkers anyway, I seriously doubt those non-pkers will bother to hold a riot like the one in 07 after wild is put back in.

Although Im not those "nostagia type" that insist on pking right in lumbridge like 2001, but I still dont understand why pkers prefer to pk in wild rather than pk in everywhere like pvp world now?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although Im not those "nostagia type" that insist on pking right in lumbridge like 2001, but I still dont understand why pkers prefer to pk in wild rather than pk in everywhere like pvp world now?

The loot system is rubbish right now. Drop someone for 20m+? Enjoy the 100k on the ground. Want good loot? Wait around for a few hours to get your EP up/to get a target. Also 76king + hyper inflation + items being lost when you die instead of switching hands

yes.png

mmh1mvotes.png

Last line rephrased:

"We need for this publicity stunt to actually WORK, so go tell your friends if you actually want it back!"

Also, gf to those who botted the first petition; it's starting to gnaw your butt and might bite it eventually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2nWh6wui0

1:35.

Is that addressed to me, MMH, or both of us?

a70c7.png

mmh1mvotes.png

Last line rephrased:

"We need for this publicity stunt to actually WORK, so go tell your friends if you actually want it back!"

Also, gf to those who botted the first petition; it's starting to gnaw your butt and might bite it eventually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2nWh6wui0

1:35.

Is that addressed to me, MMH, or both of us?

Oh, whoops. I thought you were the original poster of that screenshot. Yes, that was addressed exclusively to MMH. Apologies for the confusion.

QUOTE PYRAMID

Oh, whoops. I thought you were the original poster of that screenshot. Yes, that was addressed exclusively to MMH. Apologies for the confusion.

Apologies accepted. :P

Edit: As a side note, I read the topic that screenshot came from. It's basically 8 more pages of people yelling at MMH, and 1 page of a guy spamming "bump" every 12 seconds.

And I still think that if this is unintentional, it makes it an even funnier way of messing with the people who voted in the petition illegitimately. Even if the vote still passes, it's kinda funny to see the sweat and flames about it. :razz:

a70c7.png

The first part made some sense, but then you lost me.

I don't think making herblore a combat skill is the best idea. Think about it, the benifit only comes at 88+. That's 11 combat levels with no boosts to your combat abilities, That wouldn't work imo.

Not sure where I lost you. The ability to get higher combat level has not made players more deadly. It's been the release of items that have not affected combat level that did that. True, some items you need a 70 or 80 range/atk/mage but others required no combat skills yet still make for a deadlier player.

About herblore combat level, I've posted a number of times that IF combat level is affected, that Jagex release a number of lower level but untradeable potions. That way, you get herblore combat benefits from skill level 3+. Such potions can be something as simple as "Mixed STR + ATK" potion, or ability to mix Def with Range Potion, or a Super ATK potion that keeps the boosts for 5 minutes with no degrade, etc. Just toss those potions all along the herblore skill.

As such, if you have any of these untradeable potions in your inventory your combat level gets boosted. To prevent abuse (shifting combat level while in the wild), just have it to where you can't mix untradeable potions in a PvP area.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I have a feeling that even if a million people vote and it stays at 90% Jagex will pull the (we have 10million active players and not enough people voted) card.

10 million active players? Lmfao.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I have a feeling that even if a million people vote and it stays at 90% Jagex will pull the (we have 10million active players and not enough people voted) card.

10 million active players? Lmfao.

So they say, I think its a load of crap, just like I really doubt there is still anywhere near a million members playing.

100k players playing at any time during the day, that can be a whole lot of different people.

Plus in a month it gets even more because some people are inactive but do monthly checks.

10million is a bit much though. 5 million is my guess.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

mmh1mvotes.png

Last line rephrased:

Thats it, thats the proof that they are trolling.

Either that or nobody at the Jagex HQ actually has any sort of understanding of how statistics work. Actually, that would explain a lot.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Either that or nobody at the Jagex HQ actually has any sort of understanding of how statistics work. Actually, that would explain a lot.

Even if no one there understands statistics 101 .. they can always use google .. you know .. "sample size calculator" .. google works wonders :D

Some new videos on RuneScape Youtube channel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw3USFcht04&feature=channel

Also for Yes and No, but it's just a changed outro...

I liked that one.

"WHO CARES?"

I liked this video a lot...sums up the way I look at runescape, lol. Tons of people who run around crazy about something while I just keep to myself.

EDIT: I just realized all of the videos are the same...I don't really understand how this video relates to someone feeling "yes" or "no"

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

My opinion of what is happening is that jagex have decided they are bringing back free trade, but know if they say that it is 100% coming back now, people will rage at them not releasing it a few seconds after the announcement, and will be constantly bombarded with "is it ready yet"

They are letting it run to the 14th so they have time to make the content, they just underestimated the rage after claiming they were not sure what people wanted yet.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

MMH needs to learn statistics; isn't a sample size of like 16k enough for a population of 5 million even if you have a confidence level of 99% and margin of error of 1% ?

Don't cry because it's over smile because it happened.

I can't say I agree with this about pking and merchanting

this was my signature before the big nuke, it has returned

i also had 600+ posts. *sniff sniff*

MMH needs to learn statistics; isn't a sample size of like 16k enough for a population of 5 million even if you have a confidence level of 99% and margin of error of 1% ?

yup 16533 (16586 with the other calculator but it's still ~16.5k) ... but of course by runescape standarts 16533 > 700000 so they need to get it up to ... um ... help me here :lol:

So, a sample size of 16K is enough for this poll, but for the petition it wasn't?

Halp.

Um ... how to say it ... in the you didn't had 2 options. 16k people voting with only 1 options is diffferent than 16k people voting with more than 1 option. ... gah can someone with better english explain it to him ... ATM You have X% people voting for 1 of 2 or more options, then you had ... just a number of people saying yes.

In other words when you had the petition the only thing you could say is "X people want Y back", when you add the no option you can say "The ratio of people wanting and not wanting the update is X:Y".

yup 16533 (16586 with the other calculator but it's still ~16.5k) ... but of course by runescape standarts 16533 > 700000 so they need to get it up to ... um ... help me here :lol:

Actually, i don't think it works that way. It would be 16.5k if they had randomly chosen players from their 5 mill population and have that 16.5k and only them vote. Then, it would be statistically significant. Otherwise, there is a bias in which the players who vote are only the ones who know about the referendum (even though you may argue that every player knows about it by now).

Anyways, my opinion is still that the first poll was absolutely flawed, and the ones who abused it unfairly by putting the names of players they knew didn't vote deserve what they are getting. Still i think it might reach the 1M votes...

Actually, i don't think it works that way. It would be 16.5k if they had randomly chosen players from their 5 mill population and have that 16.5k and only them vote. Then, it would be statistically significant. Otherwise, there is a bias in which the players who vote are only the ones who know about the referendum (even though you may argue that every player knows about it by now).

Anyways, my opinion is still that the first poll was absolutely flawed, and the ones who abused it unfairly by putting the names of players they knew didn't vote deserve what they are getting. Still i think it might reach the 1M votes...

Yes they need to be randomly chosen but it depends on the definition of random you're using*. They aren't limiting the accounts to "only 18-20 years old can vote". The only limitation is the "you need to play to know it"**. So the current vote represents the active players + the old pk player base but it can't represent all the players that have played the game (regardless of the time). But I think we are looking for the people interested in the game anyways.

* I am sure that there are players from all ages, countries, that love all the types of activities and etc that voted.

**I am sure that all the PKers from pre-2007 are already informed about the vote.

the problem is that the poll might not be is not representative of the population. the least of the biases here is voluntary response bias.

Well then it's a poorly done poll, isn't it? Wouldn't it be better if they just sent a message out to 50,000 active members asking the poll? This would be more then enough to be representative of the population of 10,000,000 down to a very small margin for error. Now I'm no statistics expert, I'm the type who only understands basic statistics for interpreting data but wouldn't this have been more effective if they really needed an honest answer?

It would have been more effective, however it would have defeated the ultimate purpose of pulling a publicity stunt to try and recapture the people who left in 2007. The problem is they left and moved on, and so did Runescape. They will never be able to recapture what they lost and I think this poll is beginning to show them that.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

the problem is that the poll might not be is not representative of the population. the least of the biases here is voluntary response bias.

Well then it's a poorly done poll, isn't it? Wouldn't it be better if they just sent a message out to 50,000 active members asking the poll? This would be more then enough to be representative of the population of 10,000,000 down to a very small margin for error. Now I'm no statistics expert, I'm the type who only understands basic statistics for interpreting data but wouldn't this have been more effective if they really needed an honest answer?

It would have been more effective, however it would have defeated the ultimate purpose of pulling a publicity stunt to try and recapture the people who left in 2007. The problem is they left and moved on, and so did Runescape. They will never be able to recapture what they lost and I think this poll is beginning to show them that.

The thing here is that you can't go by the book, in the statistically accurate sense, on this one, simply because if they did what you are saying, many would rant that they didn't have the opportunity to vote or that their opinion wasn't accounted for. Those players would be right. For that reason, this is the fairest way this could be handled, even though it isn't flawless.

I'm not going to vote in this poll:

I already voiced my opinion by signing the petition.. And if jagex would truly give about peopls opinion they wouldn't be so arrogant to ask us to vote twice! - Why would my vote change? They should just make so that each sign on the petition would represent a vote for "yes".

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.