Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

Honestly, the biggest reason I don't want OVL in PvP is because it'd drastically drive up the price of what is already by far the most expensive potion to make, at around 75k per three dose potion.

And yes, I can make them. :rolleyes:

Its cheaper now than when it was actually useful.

You know when they nerfed it to hell so you no longer kept your stats after death in safe PVP.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol at people saying overloads should be allowed in pvp because they trained it and deserve to use it, the old wildy was alot funner because we didn't have so many overpowered weapons/prayers I really hope they ban turmoil/korasi/ovl/claws/dung weaps from the wildy I posted about this on the rs forums and was instantly shot down with "l2 train your skills"/"refund 400m pl0x"/"just because you can't afford those weapons doesn't mean others shouldn't be able to use them"

I have turm on 3 accs and 99 herb on my main but I would gladly have them banned for the greater good anyone who is an avid pker will know it would be alot funner without these things the others that probably don't pvp much well...have fun speccing 900s lol

372nd to max total level

One thing I would like to be implemented bank to bank trading, like it was supposed to be introduced in 2004, but a small change you can basically set up a price on the RuneScape forums and trade it from that page integrating the two services without having to meet in-game.

That would rock... with a nice web interface on the main site... and while we are at it an ingame mail system like in WoW.

That would be so amazing.

Fools_Taco.png

I think with staking boxing will be more popular as ever before.

In the past nobody liked boxing because the hits were too low, but with the possible weapons of today it's just waaaaaay too risky :(.

1 second of inattention could be fatal.

I saw the voting videos, yeah, clear message there, "submit to peer pressure, or be uncool".

I fought the bots.

I glared angerly at the gold buyers.

I gave disapproving words to gold sellers.

I was there the day the wilderness died.

IT WAS GLORIOUS

I chopped a yew, without thirty bald men in green shirts helping.

I walked from Port Sarim to mudskipper point, and instead of hundreds, there were two bots making leveling laps around the willows.

And I went to the grand exchange, and I bought a whip.

I laughed, and they screamed "Mistress!" as I used it.

Vote no on free trade.

The whip demands it.

I saw the voting videos, yeah, clear message there, "submit to peer pressure, or be uncool".

I fought the bots.

I glared angerly at the gold buyers.

I gave disapproving words to gold sellers.

I was there the day the wilderness died.

IT WAS GLORIOUS

I chopped a yew, without thirty bald men in green shirts helping.

I walked from Port Sarim to mudskipper point, and instead of hundreds, there were two bots making leveling laps around the willows.

And I went to the grand exchange, and I bought a whip.

I laughed, and they screamed "Mistress!" as I used it.

Vote no on free trade.

The whip demands it.

Then you went to red chins.

And realized that you couldn't hunt one if your life depended on it.

After that you went to green dragons.

And woah! 25 bots per world.

So what's your point?

Staurolite.png

Some new videos on RuneScape Youtube channel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw3USFcht04&feature=channel

Also for Yes and No, but it's just a changed outro...

I noticed some quite interesting things in those videos.

If you look carefully and pause when the:

Ranger in ranger boots and chaotic crossbow.

Mage in infinity boots, mage book and chaotic staff.

and the warrior in the end with chaotic rapier, dragon defender and dragon boots.

comes by, those are new armors.

I do notice that there are normal npc's in there like wise old man, but if you look you'll see that all the armor those people are wearing, they don't exist in the game.

This is kind of a wild guess, but could those be the possible new "Torva" armor that has been leaked?

In the leaked picture it only said "Torva armor" which means it could possibly not be only for melee, but for range and magic too.

Here is a picture for the lazy ones.

torvaarmor.png

Still never seen a single bot at red chins, always been all players for me.

Green dragons? Never seen more than three people there.

Then you're not watching. There's roughly 6 people at each CT spawn on every world

Yep, at peek hours. I can confirm at least 3/4ths of those to be players.

Off hours we're still looking at 0-3 at each spawn... each less talkitive, wont deny that a bunch of those could be bots, but just as well they might be off their own hours and not want to talk.

That is NOT 300 bots every world and one hit yew trees.

I'd much rather fight a few exp bots for catches than be trampled by a plague of farm bots, wouldn't you?

Still never seen a single bot at red chins, always been all players for me.

Green dragons? Never seen more than three people there.

Then you're not watching. There's roughly 6 people at each CT spawn on every world

Yep, at peek hours. I can confirm at least 3/4ths of those to be players.

Off hours we're still looking at 0-3 at each spawn... each less talkitive, wont deny that a bunch of those could be bots, but just as well they might be off their own hours and not want to talk.

That is NOT 300 bots every world and one hit yew trees.

I'd much rather fight a few exp bots for catches than be trampled by a plague of farm bots, wouldn't you?

You can prove very little. How do you prove someone's a player, and not Artificial Intelligence, or a bot? Barely anyone uses public chat these days, so almost anyone could potentially be a botter.

Lol at people saying overloads should be allowed in pvp because they trained it and deserve to use it, the old wildy was alot funner because we didn't have so many overpowered weapons/prayers I really hope they ban turmoil/korasi/ovl/claws/dung weaps from the wildy I posted about this on the rs forums and was instantly shot down with "l2 train your skills"/"refund 400m pl0x"/"just because you can't afford those weapons doesn't mean others shouldn't be able to use them"

I have turm on 3 accs and 99 herb on my main but I would gladly have them banned for the greater good anyone who is an avid pker will know it would be alot funner without these things the others that probably don't pvp much well...have fun speccing 900s lol

Rose tinted glasses. What we do need is damage reducing armor/higher health (Torva)

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Make sure I got this right: The wild is supposed to be a dangerous place, and all noobs afraid of dying should stay out. However, Extremes and overloads make the wild too dangerous for pkers and should be banned. Hmm, so altering the mechanics of the game to ensure a enjoyment by the subset is ok.

Anyway, since we're shifting subjects to virtual combat level, that's been suggested for years now. Consider, your "combat level" only applies if you have ZERO items in your inventory. Having a weapon increases your STR and ATK, having a bow and ammo increases your RNG, having food increases your HP, having pots can increase many items, having armor increases your DEF, etc, etc, etc. Trust me, a fully decked out player with 99's in all combat is MUCH, MUCH more deadly than a level 138 monster. However, a level 138 with ZERO items would be killed easily by a player with only 60's in skills yet fully equipped. This has been the major drive behind pures allowing them to have a much more powerful weapon at the expense of no armor yet still puts them at a virtually more higher combat potential.

It's actually not that difficult for the game to display virtual levels. Heck, it can show three levels each for Mage/Range/Melee. Not sure how you can implement that in the way the Wilderness currently works ensuring only those within certain combat levels can fight each other. Personally, I think it can work with some effort to balance it out. Plus, imagine at the duel arena where you get to see your opponents virtual combat level which alters based on the dueling conditions. No more people pretending to only being able to wield rune or certain scams designed to restrict combat ability covertly.

Agreed 100%.

I find it ironic that the "old wildy" is not even restored yet, and the Pkers are already whining about it. :lol:

Sadly -- the PKer's want their cake and to eat it too. They want to be able to "safely" PK other players with lesser abilities and not have to face down players with greater abilities.

Personally -- IMO -- if you want to "PK old wildy style", then man the hell up and take your licks, already. :angry:

It's not the fault that someone else has got better skills than you. Get over it.

There's a difference between "dangerous" and "dude he speced me twice and i died without being able to do anything broken". Did no one consider the fact that ovl/extremes can be used at any CB level? Does anybody know how this affects 1 def/low def/lvl pures? In a fight bewtween two 1 def pures with 99 str, the fight will literally come down to whoever hits first.

I haven't done any calculations or anything, but i don't think it would be to dangerous to assert that if a 1 def pure gets rushed by any pker with 99 str with extremes/ovl, the pure has a higher chance of dying than surviving a rush. I'm not exactly a big fan of pures, but i don't think screwing over a large portion of the pking community would do pvp any good.

The majority of people on here favoring ovl/extremes are people that are too arrogant to look at how it would affect pvp as a whole, and are only concerned about their own self interest.

Make sure I got this right: The wild is supposed to be a dangerous place, and all noobs afraid of dying should stay out. However, Extremes and overloads make the wild too dangerous for pkers and should be banned. Hmm, so altering the mechanics of the game to ensure a enjoyment by the subset is ok.

Anyway, since we're shifting subjects to virtual combat level, that's been suggested for years now. Consider, your "combat level" only applies if you have ZERO items in your inventory. Having a weapon increases your STR and ATK, having a bow and ammo increases your RNG, having food increases your HP, having pots can increase many items, having armor increases your DEF, etc, etc, etc. Trust me, a fully decked out player with 99's in all combat is MUCH, MUCH more deadly than a level 138 monster. However, a level 138 with ZERO items would be killed easily by a player with only 60's in skills yet fully equipped. This has been the major drive behind pures allowing them to have a much more powerful weapon at the expense of no armor yet still puts them at a virtually more higher combat potential.

It's actually not that difficult for the game to display virtual levels. Heck, it can show three levels each for Mage/Range/Melee. Not sure how you can implement that in the way the Wilderness currently works ensuring only those within certain combat levels can fight each other. Personally, I think it can work with some effort to balance it out. Plus, imagine at the duel arena where you get to see your opponents virtual combat level which alters based on the dueling conditions. No more people pretending to only being able to wield rune or certain scams designed to restrict combat ability covertly.

Agreed 100%.

I find it ironic that the "old wildy" is not even restored yet, and the Pkers are already whining about it. :lol:

Sadly -- the PKer's want their cake and to eat it too. They want to be able to "safely" PK other players with lesser abilities and not have to face down players with greater abilities.

Personally -- IMO -- if you want to "PK old wildy style", then man the hell up and take your licks, already. :angry:

It's not the fault that someone else has got better skills than you. Get over it.

There's a difference between "dangerous" and "dude he speced me twice and i died without being able to do anything broken". Did no one consider the fact that ovl/extremes can be used at any CB level? Does anybody know how this affects 1 def/low def/lvl pures? In a fight bewtween two 1 def pures with 99 str, the fight will literally come down to whoever hits first.

I haven't done any calculations or anything, but i don't think it would be to dangerous to assert that if a 1 def pure gets rushed by any pker with 99 str with extremes/ovl, the pure has a higher chance of dying than surviving a rush. I'm not exactly a big fan of pures, but i don't think screwing over a large portion of the pking community would do pvp any good.

The majority of people on here favoring ovl/extremes are people that are too arrogant to look at how it would affect pvp as a whole, and are only concerned about their own self interest.

Yes but the difference is pures CHOOSE to have 1 defence, it is a choice nobody makes them do that, if they're afraid of extremes/ovl the answer is simple raise defence.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Rose tinted glasses. What we do need is damage reducing armor/higher health (Torva)

Lol I just looked up your bh rank and you only have like 500 score so I doubt your 2 big on pking. I've been a pker since I started rs and I've witnessed alot of changes and it was definitely better in the original wild in 05-07 without these weapons that can take off 90% of your health in 1 spec

372nd to max total level

Agreed 100%.

Yes but the difference is pures CHOOSE to have 1 defence, it is a choice nobody makes them do that, if they're afraid of extremes/ovl the answer is simple raise defence.

lol and then become a main? OR raise it to 45 and become a zerk? Basically make them non-existant? Making a large portion of hte pking community rage is never a good thing, especially when the only benefit is to make people with 92 herblore feel good, or placed an added emphasis on HEAVILY grinding a skill that is already overpirced, which adds literally nothing to pvp, other than turning it into a broken mess of people getting 2 speced by claws, or even one shotted by cannon/darkbow (which btw, with extreme range, will happen VERY often, considering the accuracy would probably nearly double (at least1.5x)), especially if the guy is rushing someone with low def...like a zerker or pure.

And it's not only 1 def pures, zerkers definately would NOT benefit, whether they have extremes or not. An extreme def pot wouldn't do much at 45 (adds like 14 levels), and facing anybody else with extremes/ovl would result in a blood bath. It would LITERALLY be who could get their veng combo off first and then pull out claws.

Point is, maybe for a maxed player with 99 def, it wouldn't be that bad, but for every person who doesn't massively train def (like, a [cabbage] ton of pkers and everyone below lvl 105), the release would only be negative.

Lol I just looked up your bh rank and you only have like 500 score so I doubt your 2 big on pking. I've been a pker since I started rs and I've witnessed alot of changes and it was definitely better in the original wild in 05-07 without these weapons that can take off 90% of your health in 1 spec

RSC PKing was the best.

td2sig.jpg

tbh it's just a different skillset nowadays. hybriding, soul split / protect pray usage, unicorn can keep you alive without food for quite a long time.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

tbh it's just a different skillset nowadays. hybriding, soul split / protect pray usage, unicorn can keep you alive without food for quite a long time.

because pvp=pvm? Or do pkers pull out unicorns and bunyips now in fight?

lol bring me a old school pker, let him use a full yak of food and fight me with a uni. i can basically guarantee a 70-80% winrate over him.

uni + sum pots is the best food in the game. heals as much per slot as a brew and doesn't require attack turns / lowers combat stats.

the only reason they arent used is because they raise your combat level and pkers don't like that

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

lol bring me a old school pker, let him use a full yak of food and fight me with a uni. i can basically guarantee a 70-80% winrate over him.

uni + sum pots is the best food in the game. heals as much per slot as a brew and doesn't require attack turns / lowers combat stats.

the only reason they arent used is because they raise your combat level and pkers don't like that

Neither of those are used, because, yeah, they raise your CB level and the fact that one of you would KO another easily before a full yak of food is used. The healing effect is negible compared to the CB boost. Hell, if a lvl 112 decided to use a unicorn and run around in the wild a maxed player with ovl/extremes would smack the [cabbage] out of him before he could even dismiss his unicorn.

Summoning isn't any means a good way of staying alive b/c of cb boost.

Neither of those are used, because, yeah, they raise your CB level and the fact that one of you would KO another easily before a full yak of food is used. The healing effect is negible compared to the CB boost. Hell, if a lvl 112 decided to use a unicorn and run around in the wild a maxed player with ovl/extremes would smack the [cabbage] out of him before he could even dismiss his unicorn.

if you're 138 it doesnt matter anyway. lol.

also, summoning tanks

and no, if you are fast enough to use uni in addition to pneck+brew+rocktail it's really easy to safe

sigcopyaf.png

if you're 138 it doesnt matter anyway. lol.

also, summoning tanks

and no, if you are fast enough to use uni in addition to pneck+brew+rocktail it's really easy to safe

Have you ever ventured out of W68 Clan Wars White portal before? You have no idea of how real PvP works, do you? Actually try and pk, and then tell us