Jimmyw3000

Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

No need to be a member, but everyone knows that more active accounts translate to more members.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

So how about the dungeoneering rewards? Just like herblore an item you can get after getting a high lvl in a skill that does not affect combat....directly.

Wonder what you guys think about that.

You can lose dung rewards. Dung is functionally a minigame reward, on the same level of void. It's not a constant advantage like the ability to use ovl/ext.

Yeh but if it drops....can I see it/pick it up? No.

Constant advantage? Since when is herblore a constant advantage....potions need to be made and potions wear out ofter a while, also if you die you risk losing your potions.

Yeh you can make new pots....yeh you can get another weapon in deamonheim.

Plz note, I do not have a side in this, just seeing if someone can come with legit reasons in this discussion.

Are you seriously comparing a 18k pot to 2mil dung xp? You don't have to gain the herblore xp back, and it costs around like 15k to make an extreme vs 2mil dung xp or playing pc for a week for void. It's pretty constant and has the same effect as if you grew CB levels, due to the fact it's a PASSIVE ability.

So how about the dungeoneering rewards? Just like herblore an item you can get after getting a high lvl in a skill that does not affect combat....directly.

Wonder what you guys think about that.

You can lose dung rewards. Dung is functionally a minigame reward, on the same level of void. It's not a constant advantage like the ability to use ovl/ext.

Yeh but if it drops....can I see it/pick it up? No.

Constant advantage? Since when is herblore a constant advantage....potions need to be made and potions wear out ofter a while, also if you die you risk losing your potions.

Yeh you can make new pots....yeh you can get another weapon in deamonheim.

Plz note, I do not have a side in this, just seeing if someone can come with legit reasons in this discussion.

Legit reasons for extremes to be allowed:

-Every single other skill-based advantage in the game is allowed

Like what? The fm requirement for handcannon? Or is it that magical untradeable bow from fletching? Oh yeah and don't forget about those enchanted sharks 92 cooking allows you to cook.

-Encourages skilling and experiencing more of the game

I'm pretty sure 90% of pkers would rather not waste time on non-combat skills to pk effectively.

Things that i think other people are saying, because i don't know how to read posts and have the comprehension of a 4 year old:

- omg i can't affordz herblore, and i should bow down to anybody else who has wasted more time on the game to me. Also, i don't think pk should require skill at all, and should be about who can afford herblore and who is willing to waste more time on the game.

According to Websters dictionary

Definition of "REFERENDUM"

1a : the principle or practice of submitting to popular vote a measure passed on or proposed by a legislative body or by popular initiative

-- So by setting 1m votes is not a referendum

According to Websters dictionary

Definition of "REFERENDUM"

1a : the principle or practice of submitting to popular vote a measure passed on or proposed by a legislative body or by popular initiative

-- So by setting 1m votes is not a referendum

That is quite perceptive of you.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Like what? The fm requirement for handcannon? Or is it that magical untradeable bow from fletching? Oh yeah and don't forget about those enchanted sharks 92 cooking allows you to cook.

To name a few:

juju gumbo

barrows and other RFD gloves

Korasi's sword

Chaotic weapons

Arc stream

Dungeoneering shields

Curse book

Rigour

Augury

Dragon dagger

Dragon longsword

Dragon scimitar

Neitiznot helm

Should I go on? Each one of those things require skilling to attain, and yet are somehow allowed in PvP. Herblore is singled out simply because it's harder to get, so lazy, poor PKers decide they want them gone.

If you want a game where you can just log in and kill people day 1, choose something that's not an RPG, idiots.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

To name a few:

juju gumbo

Korasi's sword

Chaotic weapons

Arc stream

Dungeoneering shields

Curse book

Rigour

Augury

Dragon dagger

Dragon longsword

Dragon scimitar

Neitiznot helm

Should I go on? Each one of those things require skilling to attain, and yet are somehow allowed in PvP. Herblore is singled out simply because it's harder to get, so lazy, poor PKers decide they want them gone.

If you want a game where you can just log in and kill people day 1, choose something that's not an RPG, idiots.

Quests =/= skilling/spending 120M. It really isn't. I'm not exactly sure how you can compare lost city and 92 herblore The skill isn't just harder, it's i don't know....not a quest? The only thing herblore can be compared to is spending money on cb skills, which is why it should be either reflected in cb level or banned from an activity that purposely attempts to put people of similar CB together.

Dung rewards were already explained, the prayers are about the only thing similar, but it's nothing compared to the pots. And prayer is reflected in CB levl anyway.

To name a few:

juju gumbo

Korasi's sword

Chaotic weapons

Arc stream

Dungeoneering shields

Curse book

Rigour

Augury

Dragon dagger

Dragon longsword

Dragon scimitar

Neitiznot helm

Quests =/= skilling/spending 120M. It really isn't. I'm not exactly sure how you can compare lost city and 92 herblore The skill isn't just harder, it's i don't know....not a quest?

Dung rewards were already explained, the prayers are about the only thing similar, but it's nothing compared to the pots.

Quests require skill levels.

Derp hurp.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

To name a few:

juju gumbo

Korasi's sword

Chaotic weapons

Arc stream

Dungeoneering shields

Curse book

Rigour

Augury

Dragon dagger

Dragon longsword

Dragon scimitar

Neitiznot helm

Quests =/= skilling/spending 120M. It really isn't. I'm not exactly sure how you can compare lost city and 92 herblore The skill isn't just harder, it's i don't know....not a quest?

Dung rewards were already explained, the prayers are about the only thing similar, but it's nothing compared to the pots.

Quests require skill levels.

Derp hurp.

Is it the 31 crafting or the 36 woodcutting to do lost city that makes it similar to 92 herblore? Or is it the 99 prayer requirement for a quest that makes it comparable to actually training a skill?

And as soon as you set a bar as to what is too difficult to obtain to be allowed in the wilderness, you'll be having tons of whiners clamoring to have said bar lowered.

Yes quests and 80 dung can't be compared to 96 herblore in terms of difficulty, but the underlying principle is exactly the same.

So let me ask you this. Tomorrow, Jagex removes all skill requirements for making extreme potions. However, before you can make any of them, you have to finish a quest that requires 96 Herblore. The quest can be as simple as talking to 2 or 3 people and you get 1 quest point and the ability to make extreme pots and Overloads as a reward.

Would that make them acceptable for PvP, since it's now a quest?

Is it the 31 crafting or the 36 woodcutting to do lost city that makes it similar to 92 herblore? Or is it the 99 prayer requirement for a quest that makes it comparable to actually training a skill?

Both. Why is it acceptable for some requirements to be allowed and not others?

Here, I'll answer that for you: "requirements I am not too lazy to obtain are acceptable."

I have created an mirc script for anyone interested in knowing how many days until 1m votes....

The code is

on *:TEXT:*VOTES!*:?:{
 if ($nick == RuneScript) {
   noop $regex($eval($ $+ $0, 2), /(\d+\.\d+)/S)
   echo -a It would take another $duration($calc((1000000 - $strip($remove($12, $chr(44)))) / $regml(1))) to reach 1 million votes at this vote rate.
 }
}

You paste that into remotes on mIRC, and you query RuneScript with "!votes" to activate it. It only works the second time though, because it doesn't show a rate until the second time.

By the way, you need

71 Firemaking

70 Construction

70 Crafting

70 Smithing

for Korasi's sword.

8f14270694.jpg

I'm still of the opinion that if they ban extremes in PvP, they should also ban turmoil and soulsplit. After all, I don't want to have to spend millions on Prayer just to have a massive advantage, and since that argument worked for extremes, why shouldn't it work for Prayer?

a70c7.png

Wrong argument, because prayer is included in your combat level.

8f14270694.jpg

I'm still of the opinion that if they ban extremes in PvP, they should also ban turmoil and soulsplit. After all, I don't want to have to spend millions on Prayer just to have a massive advantage, and since that argument worked for extremes, why shouldn't it work for Prayer?

Because prayer adds to combat level.

Nevermind the hypocrisy that just because some other advantages that also don't add to combat are easier to get, they aren't banned.

Also nevermind the simple fact that turmoil gives many more combat levels worth of advantage than the combat levels 95 prayer actually adds.

So let me ask you this. Tomorrow, Jagex removes all skill requirements for making extreme potions. However, before you can make any of them, you have to finish a quest that requires 96 Herblore. The quest can be as simple as talking to 2 or 3 people and you get 1 quest point and the ability to make extreme pots and Overloads as a reward.

Would that make them acceptable for PvP, since it's now a quest?

What quest exactly required any 90+ non combat skill again? And where exactly did my argument get turned into "dude, it's not a quest reward. it obviously shouldn't be allowed"? i don't really see how the fact that quests, which have negligible skill requirements can prove consistency with allowing for ovl/extremes to be allowed. I mean untill 99 fletching allows me to make an untradeable bow that's broken like ovl/extremes, or 99 cook lets me make food that heals 800LP in one bite, the consistency argument is pretty asinine.

I'll concede that the principle that other non cb factors affecting pvp is valid, but not to the point of game breaking pots that allow you to one shot a maxed player with the right conditions. There isn't anything remotely viable to compare the effect herblore has compared to any other noncb skill. If you want to make a consistency argument, you have to have something of a similar magnitude to compare it to, not just a principle.

Dung rewards = minigame rewards, in which losing them means the time you already spent was wasted.

Not to mention all the other arguments mentioned by me and others about how broken pvp would become, that was turned into "omg we can'tz afford herblore and thats the only reason why".

If the potions would be going too far, why are all the other factors allowing somebody to one shot somebody else still acceptable?

8f14270694.jpg

When is Jagex planning to reintroduce free trade and wilderness again really? Because if you look at the market, it seems like most people it will be like...Tomorrow? Which really won't happen. Stop panicing guys.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

When is Jagex planning to reintroduce free trade and wilderness again really? Because if you look at the market, it seems like most people it will be like...Tomorrow? Which really won't happen. Stop panicing guys.

101229205421.png

I'm still of the opinion that overloads should be allowed..

However the problem is the big gab between no use = huge use in herblore. There should also be "minor overloads" at lvls like 60 & 40..

That way everyone can get at least part of the advantage!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

The two reasons for not allowing overloads/extremes (not reflected in cb / 1-hitting a lvl 138) both reflect broken aspects of the game.

Combat level is now useless for judging a player's PvM ability at 80+ and PvP ability at all levels. This was broken WAY before overloads/extremes (Pures were rampant in RS Classic too I believe?). Jagex needs to come up with a better way of calculating a player's combat level. Give more weight to Max hit, and make prayer increase cb at discrete intervals (41->42 and 42->43 increase a player's cb as if it reflected a continuous increase in combat ability. This isn't right.).

1-hitting is a much bigger problem. BUT the real problem isn't 1-hitting per se, it's the fact that our hitpoints are ridiculously easy to rip through. Even though 1-hitting is infeasible right now, a lot of PKing has degraded into clawspec + veng. As many people have said before, defense needs to be completely reworked. Damage soaking armour isn't a real solution since it doesn't help much against claws. And although nobody can be sure before actually trying it, I doubt torva armour will fix PvP either. It will spend months being too expensive for the average player and when its price falls enough for the general population to use, it will completely homogenize PvP (Yeah, variety's supposed to be a good thing. I'd nearly forgotten since the fall of the triangle). How defense should be reworked without ruining PvM is a complex problem, and merits its own thread.

Banning overloads/extremes was a way to keep a decaying system from completely breaking down. Chaotics, korasi's, void etc isn't banned because it doesn't immediately break everything. Overloads/extremes would have turned PvP into a hit-and-run bloodbath. Jagex needs to stop putting band-aids on bullet wounds.

Castle of Zoltar

What?

The PKer's (pures) don't want to allow overloads?!?!

The PKer's (pures) don't want to allow Prayers?!?!

The PKer's (pures) don't want to allow anything that may "unbalance" the combat level of another player?!?!?

Say it ain't SO Joe!

/sarcasm

:roll:

nyuseg.png