Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, speaking as an 02-03er when the switch was made to RS2, there was a 15k ban on botters and macroers.

i believe jagex has solved the botting and RWT and before wildy and free trade returns we will see another massive banning or account resetting in the 100k-200k range.

there is no way jagex will start up free trade/wildy without dealing with the botters and farmers who are essentially prepping with their amassed fortunes.

While I definitely agree this will be true, I'm still worried as to how Jagex plans on keeping the game bot-free or almost bot-free.

They dont.. the trade restrictions were like chopping off your hand because you broke a nail. It was way to much and hurt everyone else.

I cannot think of ANY OTHER MMO that had trade restrictions like that.

Fools_Taco.png

Also, supposedly Mod Mark H said something in the lines "The bad news will be on hold for the rest of January"

While a player a little bit lower said February instead.

And also, guy who post the pic just joined not too long ago with 1 post count...

Why do people still think they can make us believe in obvious fake pictures?

Oh I came here to clarify on that one actually. My friend is able to access those forums and used the QFC and the thread exists and has the same title but the picture here had still been heavily edited... :mellow:

Apparently nothing about the mass banning or other important points was true.

**If you enter a QFC code and it doesn't work but also doesn't give you an error message, the thread is located in a forums group you can't access!**

2dgucz6.png

Well if they just changed the "this trade is worth x gp to player y" at the bottom of trades and duels to the total price of each side's offer there would be no reason for anyone to ever get scammed unless by their own laziness. I also think this should remain just because it is helpful, especially when staking comes back. You wont have to guess the price of all of the crap someone is staking you once you have cleaned them. And for those who wish to trade unbalanced trades this feature wouldn't effect them at all. As it would just be the pricing on the screen rather than an actual trade limit.

But what prices should be used to determine the trade/stake worth? Items won't really have set prices anymore like they have now.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Well if they just changed the "this trade is worth x gp to player y" at the bottom of trades and duels to the total price of each side's offer there would be no reason for anyone to ever get scammed unless by their own laziness. I also think this should remain just because it is helpful, especially when staking comes back. You wont have to guess the price of all of the crap someone is staking you once you have cleaned them. And for those who wish to trade unbalanced trades this feature wouldn't effect them at all. As it would just be the pricing on the screen rather than an actual trade limit.

But what prices should be used to determine the trade/stake worth? Items won't really have set prices anymore like they have now.

The way the GE could work, you could have the median prices still existing, just without the price floors and ceilings. This median price would then be updated according to the day's trades.

why bother arguing, change is inevitable and resistance is futile

the wildy WILL come back

and there is NOTHING you can do about it you NOOBY NAYSAYERS

Well that's what people thought about the pking/free trade update in the first place. All that nagging usually gets jagex to do something. It's usually just a matter of time.

Also this is a disscussion board. Don't ever expect any side of an argument to die :wink:

jpegsigtest.jpg

The worst part is that pkers have such troublesome names to report. Enough with the 1Ili 0OQ 4A et cetera.

Inb4 our resident troll. :wall:

People make those names to deliberately be deceptive, especially for the purposes of staking. Having a name like that makes it nigh impossible for someone to look up your stats, giving you a big advantage. Also, a common trick is to have two accounts with very similar names which are also the same combat level. You start talking to the person you want to duel on one account with crappy stats and then quickly switch accounts and claim a DC or something. Then you duel the person with a very powerful pure account and wipe the floor with them. Also, having a name like ililillili or o0oo0o0o makes it hard to report people when they swear and lure and [cabbage].

td2sig.jpg

The worst part is that pkers have such troublesome names to report. Enough with the 1Ili 0OQ 4A et cetera.

Inb4 our resident troll. :wall:

People make those names to deliberately be deceptive, especially for the purposes of staking. Having a name like that makes it nigh impossible for someone to look up your stats, giving you a big advantage. Also, a common trick is to have two accounts with very similar names which are also the same combat level. You start talking to the person you want to duel on one account with crappy stats and then quickly switch accounts and claim a DC or something. Then you duel the person with a very powerful pure account and wipe the floor with them. Also, having a name like ililillili or o0oo0o0o makes it hard to report people when they swear and lure and [cabbage].

Yeah, I remember seeing a guy named Monkey82539 or something like that and his other account was one number different. Never staked him/her but I somehow noticed it

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

Ah dueling scams. Most center around deception of the player via stats or duel set-up in one form or another. One easy cure for staking scams is for both persons have to approve duel options individuall - if player A selects one hand, no magic, no pots he sees yellow on those selections, then player B sees those selected as red which will turn green if he selects them (ie both player A and B have selected the same option). Changes to the selections removes the opponents approval. Another easy cure is "View Opponent" where you see his stats, items, and equipped items.

Personally I think these two can solve most problems. Then it's just a matter of dealing with guys that think 70 ATK can wield the best weapons but 70 DEF must not be able to wear the best armor.

PS: Anyone like to see wagering items included with Faruq's clan tools? How about a NPC combat arena (example, two Kalphite Queens vs three Dag Kings) where you can wager on the outcome?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Ah dueling scams. Most center around deception of the player via stats or duel set-up in one form or another. One easy cure for staking scams is for both persons have to approve duel options individuall - if player A selects one hand, no magic, no pots he sees yellow on those selections, then player B sees those selected as red which will turn green if he selects them (ie both player A and B have selected the same option). Changes to the selections removes the opponents approval. Another easy cure is "View Opponent" where you see his stats, items, and equipped items.

Personally I think these two can solve most problems. Then it's just a matter of dealing with guys that think 70 ATK can wield the best weapons but 70 DEF must not be able to wear the best armor.

nty, the game is already idiot-proof enough :thumbdown:

Obviously, you are not an idiot, so would not need to use such devices. As such, what's the problem with including something you can choose to opt out of? It's not like it's for your opponents, as a non-idiot like you would not duel with idiots that would need such devices either.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy

Obviously, you are not an idiot, so would not need to use such devices. As such, what's the problem with including something you can choose to opt out of? It's not like it's for your opponents, as a non-idiot like you would not duel with idiots that would need such devices either.

Because seeing things like these makes me feel like I'm playing club penguin. It's already bad enough having the ditch, trade screen, warning signs everywhere, etc. And you can't 'opt out' for any of these.

There's no such thing as idiot-proof. Come up with better idiot-proofing, and someone'll come out as a better idiot.

a70c7.png

Because seeing things like these makes me feel like I'm playing club penguin. It's already bad enough having the ditch, trade screen, warning signs everywhere, etc. And you can't 'opt out' for any of these.

No offense, but making the game easier or require less effort is not the same as making it idiot proof. Removing unids with grimy herbs made it easier to trade herbs. Giving color names to phats made it easier to confirm the trade. Adding the exclamation mark and price amounts made it easier for confirmation of trades. Adding prayer, lps, run, etc on the main screen made it easier to keep track of status. The ditch made it easier to operate near the wild without worrying about entering it. Etc, etc.

Now if Jagex really wanted to idiot proof the game, they'd remove all player to player trades all together in addition to letting people keep all their items on death. If they wanted a hard core game, they'd put pk everywhere with no level restrictions and no item saves. Oh and people would be able to use the thieving skill on you.

nukemarine.png

No offense, but making the game easier or require less effort is not the same as making it idiot proof. Removing unids with grimy herbs made it easier to trade herbs. Giving color names to phats made it easier to confirm the trade. Adding the exclamation mark and price amounts made it easier for confirmation of trades. Adding prayer, lps, run, etc on the main screen made it easier to keep track of status.

The ditch made it easier to operate near the wild without worrying about entering it. Etc, etc.

Now if Jagex really wanted to idiot proof the game, they'd remove all player to player trades all together in addition to letting people keep all their items on death. If they wanted a hard core game, they'd put pk everywhere with no level restrictions and no item saves. Oh and people would be able to use the thieving skill on you.

You completely missed my point. Convenience is not synonymous with idiot-proofing. Making the game less repetitive (make-x, etc) are good changes; putting a ditch across the map and adding a warning sign that pops up to prevent idiots from getting lured is not.

My first thought to somebody who says that scam-proofing a feature is "kiddifying" the game is that you may be one of the ones who wanted to take advantage of others' stupidity. The whole "its the victim's fault and they should learn the hard way" BS.

td2sig.jpg

I don't mind the scamming aspect, if a child can get scammed in a game for virtual items it'll teach them a lesson for real life, and to be more cautious.

Like a child going to play a sports game, it's not about the sport, it's about learning life skills like communication & determination.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I miss unids, the system was flawed though because the herb type was determined before they were even clean, this allowed sellers to essential rip off other players by knowingly giving them junk herbs for 1k each. But the hidden gambling concept before that became mainstream was very fun.

I started when I was around 12 or 13 years old, playing runescape did help me understand for the first time what it was like to be ripped off/scammed and I'm very thankful for it. Too many parents (like mine for a time) coddle their kids from the evils of the world, not even telling them certain things...

I miss unids, the system was flawed though because the herb type was determined before they were even clean, this allowed sellers to essential rip off other players by knowingly giving them junk herbs for 1k each. But the hidden gambling concept before that became mainstream was very fun.

I started when I was around 12 or 13 years old, playing runescape did help me understand for the first time what it was like to be ripped off/scammed and I'm very thankful for it. Too many parents (like mine for a time) coddle their kids from the evils of the world, not even telling them certain things...

I always bought unids with a full inv, and only noted stacks of the unid herbs i wanted with me. then, if they tried to sell me ones i didnt want, the trade didnt go thru cause i didnt have any room. Seems more like the correct use of a skill to identify what type of plant you have, rather then just brush the dirt off. But yeah, the potential to scam noobs was there. :P

Nearly 1mil votes in the referendum btw.

pere_grin.png