Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

How many people are going to quit when they ruin the GE? I guess quite a lot.

It will still be there, and more flexible than ever.

but what will be the use of it when there is free trade? What I like about the GE is the fast/easy buying and selling. Dont want to spam for ages again in fally park to get those few potions i need for a slayer task.

Even if there is free trade people in Runescape usually agree on a price for an item. For example: Yew Logs. Before GE they used to cost around 300 Each, everyone knew that. With the GE more flexible I think it will reflect the prices on the "street". But I also think a more flexible GE will make it easier to manipulate prices.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but what will be the use of it when there is free trade? What I like about the GE is the fast/easy buying and selling. Dont want to spam for ages again in fally park to get those few potions i need for a slayer task.

Umm... exactly what you want the use to be. Which is fast buying and selling. You seem to think that with the release of free trade you won't be able to trade on the ge like you can now. It will be the same thing, just with no limits. You will actually be able to get your stuff even faster than you can now. If you really want to buy those pots you can offer as much money as you want for them, and end up getting your items faster.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Umm... exactly what you want the use to be. Which is fast buying and selling. You seem to think that with the release of free trade you won't be able to trade on the ge like you can now. It will be the same thing, just with no limits. You will actually be able to get your stuff even faster than you can now. If you really want to buy those pots you can offer as much money as you want for them, and end up getting your items faster.

I'm not very sure about that. Let's say you want to buy 2k coal, or 100 dragonstones. With the ge it's less then 10 seconds. Before you have found a person with 100 dragonstones, who is willing to sell them for a price you find reasonable... that'll take ages.

Ares_Artemis.png

They'll perfect the GE. You can simply have it update as often as you like, and there'll be no limits. If the street price flies far away from the GE price, no worries, the GE will still keep track of them and quickly catch up, and won't get in the way of trades. It will be awesome.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

They'll perfect the GE. You can simply have it update as often as you like, and there'll be no limits. If the street price flies far away from the GE price, no worries, the GE will still keep track of them and quickly catch up, and won't get in the way of trades. It will be awesome.

But will people keep using the GE when there is free trade?

Ares_Artemis.png

I'm not very sure about that. Let's say you want to buy 2k coal, or 100 dragonstones. With the ge it's less then 10 seconds. Before you have found a person with 100 dragonstones, who is willing to sell them for a price you find reasonable... that'll take ages.

How so? There will be people from every server involved in the ge, like now. There will be certain street prices for each item, made by the players. Usually this will be the prices things will get sold/bought at. If you try to sell something at a cheap price, it will get bought faster and visa-versa. Again I repeat, GE will stay the same, just with the removal of limits.

But will people keep using the GE when there is free trade?

Yep. The GE is a faster and easier system of connecting compatible buyers and sellers than standing in World 1 or 2. You don't need to hop worlds, and you can do something else while you're finding a buyer or seller.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

How so? There will be people from every server involved in the ge, like now. There will be certain street prices for each item, made by the players. Usually this will be the prices things will get sold/bought at. If you try to sell something at a cheap price, it will get bought faster and visa-versa. Again I repeat, GE will stay the same, just with the removal of limits.

I really hope that's true. We'll just have to wait to find out...

Ares_Artemis.png

Well guess I can say good-bye to running in the Wildy trying to do my clues. I don't mind the free trade, but the wildy I hate with a passion. I was extremely glad when it was gone the first time, and I'm not happy that it's going to return. If they made it so it was pk wildy in the themed worlds, I'd be happy, but since they stated it's in all worlds, I'm not happy with this at all.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

Well guess I can say good-bye to running in the Wildy trying to do my clues. I don't mind the free trade, but the wildy I hate with a passion. I was extremely glad when it was gone the first time, and I'm not happy that it's going to return. If they made it so it was pk wildy in the themed worlds, I'd be happy, but since they stated it's in all worlds, I'm not happy with this at all.

You'll get used to it ;)

Yep. The GE is a faster and easier system of connecting compatible buyers and sellers than standing in World 1 or 2. You don't need to hop worlds, and you can do something else while you're finding a buyer or seller.

Exactly! You have said it perfectly!

They better return the Boneyard

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

You'll get used to it ;)

Doubtful, I preferred the Revs over pkers/wannabe pkers any day.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

You'll get used to it ;)

Lmao you know how PvP world kids are 10x more immature then the 2007 PKing community? If I walk from varrock big bank to G.E w/o wearing anything or carrying anything, theres always some nerd[bleep] who wastes a barrage and clawspecs on me :thumbdown:

They better return the Boneyard

? :P

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Bone_Yard

Wow, Shows how long I've been playing :shades:

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

You'll get used to it ;)

I'm the opposite, I was never that bothered by pkers. Some people make it seem that the wildy was always full of pkers in every server. I don't remember walking around the wildy and being attacked all the time like I am by revs. Even if you know you are going to get attacked by pkers you can prepare yourself to fight them knowing you might actually get a nice drop from killing them.

Ok, so here are some thoughts from a player who has been with this game and its community ever since its very beginning (or atleast extremely close to it) - which is me. :razz:

First of all - about the bots - there has always been bots and will always be. In a game like this, that requires crazy amount of grinding for highest levels, there are always people who want the easy way out. I'm not sure when there has been most bots (probably rsc, because it was so easy to bot back then), but it's hard to say if the amount is growing or not. I, however, don't really care about bots that much. They exist - some poor people even make their living with them - not really mattering to me.

Saying that free trade will bring all the bots back and make prices go down... Well, at some raw materials, true I suppose. However, skilling hasn't been profitable in ages anymore. So saying that would make skilling not profitable... - it never was. A bit sad - true - but not exactly changing much. The price manipulation (especially on expensive items) however drives the prices go extremely nuts. And alot of items (that are being used as junk) have very wrong price tags on them. This, in my opinion, doesn't serve anyones interests, and is hurting the economy alot more than raw materials going down a bit more.

Grand Exchange - being the greatest update this game has ever seen - won't be affected much at all by the free trade update. People will still keep using it, because it's faster and alot more enjoyable way to trade items. Free trade will more of have effect on trades between friends, or when trading expensive items. Those are the areas where GE is not functioning well enough.

All in all, only thing that concerns me, is how the "singleplaying" content (like quests and treasure trails) are going to exist in the Wilderness with the pkers. I can't imagine how annoying it would be doing some quest in wilderness while someone is trying to pk you down. Well, not like I actually did quests or treasure trails much. That being said, I voted yes. Old wilderness and free trade will bring so much more good content into the game, than it will take out. :shades:

PS: I'm still going to get back on doing pixel signatures if free trade actually happens. So if epic pixel signature is something you've always wanted, and are willing to pay - well to say atleast a fair price - for one, send me a private message. Don't start sending messages before the update is actually true though. :D

u5zhkTY.gif

GE willhopefully be more like an auction house.

Oh I remember training prayer there too to get protection prayers...

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

PS: I'm still going to get back on doing pixel signatures if free trade actually happens. So if epic pixel signature is something you've always wanted, and are willing to pay - well to say atleast a fair price - for one, send me a private message

Technically that's real world trading and will still be against the rules. Not sure quite how jagex would tell but against the rules none the less.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Eh, free trade has a lot of potential to screw over my farming, I don't like that. Otherwise it's kinda meh to me, I don't trade much anyway. I suppose if med price kept existing (and updated a ton), it'd be good. Oh, and it'll allow people to give me stuff, lol. Anyone interested?

The wilderness will only affect me through clues. With coordinates gear, you always lose your clue <_<.

In short, I voted 'I don't mind'.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

PS: I'm still going to get back on doing pixel signatures if free trade actually happens. So if epic pixel signature is something you've always wanted, and are willing to pay - well to say atleast a fair price - for one, send me a private message

Technically that's real world trading and will still be against the rules. Not sure quite how jagex would tell but against the rules none the less.

Oh noes! :ohnoes:

Oh noes! :ohnoes:

Lol @ how the smiley is also called ohnoes xD