Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

I do find it odd that theres no closing date for this election.

To be honest, the petition was supposed to end on January 14. However, the results were pretty obvious, so Jagex did the referendum.

I think the 'closing date' will be arbitrary. Since it's apparently a landslide, it probably won't last very long.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do find it odd that there's no closing date for this election.

To be honest, the petition was supposed to end on January 14. However, the results were pretty obvious, so Jagex did the referendum.

I think the 'closing date' will be arbitrary. Since it's apparently a landslide, it probably won't last very long.

It does need to last long enough to get a representative sample. It is Xmas weekend after all, and people will be AFK. You will need to see a large enough sample of the current player base.

Look at the vote totals - about 65,000 as I speak. 88% of that is about 57,000 yes votes. Is that enough to bring it back?

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I do find it odd that there's no closing date for this election.

It does need to last long enough to get a representative sample. It is Xmas weekend after all, and people will be AFK. You will need to see a large enough sample of the current player base.

Look at the vote totals - about 65,000 as I speak. 88% of that is about 57,000 “yes” votes. Is that enough to bring it back?

I'm too lazy to look at the formula and calculate it but 65k is more than enough for a representative sample IMO. I find it interesting that the speed of the voters is 13k per hour for now (but I assume it will become slower) => for 24 hours they will get ~275k votes if not lower ... compare that to the 1.2m :mrgreen:

For a group of 20m people, you will need a sample size of 9599 to get a result with 95% chance of being correct with 1% of correlation. (in other words if you get 90% yes, that means that the result will have 95% chance of being right and the people saying yes will be 89-91% of all the group)

We have a group of 65+k people. They might not be randomly chosen (well .. they are random enough IMO) and at least 50% of them voted from multiple accounts but even taking this into account a fair vote wouldn't be too different (may be 80 vs 15 vs 5 [%]) because it doesn't matter how big the group is .. even for a group of 200m people you need less than 9700 randomly chosen people to have a 95% chance of being right with 1% interval.

It hurts to say it (as a person who voted NO) but the current vote is pretty much representative (with .. at max 5% interval. In the worst case those 88% YES are 83%)

I don't like the proposal. Maybe I'm just one for detail but what was given wasn't enough detail for me to vote yes on it. Yes, I would love to have free trade so I can host my own drop parties again, but I don't know if there will be restrictions or not. Since that isn't laid out on the table, I couldn't vote yes. Albeit, my vote isn't going to matter due to the overwhelming response for a yes, I still feel like I did my part in voting no. I'll receive any update that comes but I would prefer more information. That's why I didn't vote in the first phase.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I don't like the proposal. Maybe I'm just one for detail but what was given wasn't enough detail for me to vote yes on it. Yes, I would love to have free trade so I can host my own drop parties again, but I don't know if there will be restrictions or not. Since that isn't laid out on the table, I couldn't vote yes. Albeit, my vote isn't going to matter due to the overwhelming response for a yes, I still feel like I did my part in voting no. I'll receive any update that comes but I would prefer more information. That's why I didn't vote in the first phase.

I'm having a hard time understanding your logic. You're so afraid that the update might bring some type of unpleasant detail that you would rather just vote "No" and keep things the way they are? You, sir, are a Runescape conservative.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I'm having a hard time understanding your logic. You're so afraid that the update might bring some type of unpleasant detail that you would rather just vote "No" and keep things the way they are? You, sir, are a Runescape conservative.

Is this a problem? :rolleyes:

I mean, where would Revs be relocated? Free trade won't be restricted at all? I don't know if I can believe that. It's almost a "too good to be true" situation for me. You know? I do have to say, the phase 2 is much more appealing to me rather than phase 1, so I give them credit on that.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Is this a problem? :rolleyes:

I mean, where would Revs be relocated? Free trade won't be restricted at all? I don't know if I can believe that. It's almost a "too good to be true" situation for me. You know? I do have to say, the phase 2 is much more appealing to me rather than phase 1, so I give them credit on that.

Not really a problem, I was just struggling to understand what you were feeling.

And yes, I also have a terrible feeling that I voted "Yes" to free trade that is "too good to be true." As with all Jagex updates, I have sinking feeling that the update day will come and some terrible restrictions will be in place. I just think that the current trade system is so terrible that it is completely worth the risk of voting yes and just having some type of major systematic change. Then again, thats why I am a liberal :razz:

I'm still unhappy that people still feel the need to rig the votes voting on various accounts. If you think your side has so much chance, vote on your main account. It does disgust me just how much the Rs community is willing to cheat in what is a measure of good faith by Jagex.

I have been swayed in this thread, and I have voted that I'm not bothered. I am unsure as to whether they can realistically detect the bots, but if they can, good to them.

Mainly, I am just offput by the Communities willingness to cheat. That's the main reason for me being unwilling to vote yes. I don't want to be part of the scum (yes, I find people who cheat in votes like this as scum)

Cheating only exists if there are rules being broken. It is the definition of cheating.

There is no rule against making new accounts for this or using some of your multiple accounts. Just because voting multiple times goes against some personal honor code that you made up doesn't mean that you should expect others to follow this invisible rule.

Jagex said nowhere that they expect one vote per person, or only vote from long term accounts, or anything like that. The expectation that there should only be one vote per person was not stated anywhere except inside your own head.

Both people who vote Yes and people who vote No would be able to vote multiple times. If the Yes votes were open to all accounts, but the No votes were only open to accounts that were 1 year+ old, then maybe I could see your gripe.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

That makes no sense, excuse the pun. You voted no because you don't know whether you'll be able to do drop partys or not? Surely you'd vote undecided if anything or just don't vote at all if the deciding factor is unknown but I'm fairly sure it's known - it will be the same as before. Might be an assumption but it isn't too big of an assumption.

I don't understand the differences in the polls on the main runescape page and on tipit I would of thought tipit, with a more concentrated number of experienced players would vote yes. I just have no idea why people would want a game to be more restricted than before, it's like having stabilizers on a bike when we don't need stabilizers, we can ride a bike perfectly well.

The only logical reason that I can see with people voting in favour of restricted trading and wild is that it will increase the motives of hackers. If that's the only reason then you shouldn't be voting, it's your responsibility to keep your account safe, if you can't do that don't play. In the 9 years of playing runescape not once has any of my 5 accounts been hijacked, common sense prevents account hijacking.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

Rs is certainly not broken now , you think this is some kind of obama medical reform?

And besides why would they put wildness and free-trade 2 entirely separate subject bundle together?

Anyway, I am not into this plan. I do always want the old wildness kind of stuff and free trade back for years, however I must say I'm absolutely appalled at their idea of scrapping pvp worlds, bh worlds and getting rid non-pvp worlds all in one go.

I had voted yes to the first "poll", but i am glad they put the second poll in with the option to choose. It allows everyone their opinion, and its good jagex decided to redo the voting. Either way i still voted yes, but it was a very good move on their part to put a "no" and "don't mind" option.

Its like 88% yes right now.

I voted yes, but I wish Revenants would be removed completely, but I guess its something for pkers to be wary of when wandering around.

Also, I hope they count treasure trails as activities to be relocated.

wessan.png

That makes no sense, excuse the pun. You voted no because you don't know whether you'll be able to do drop partys or not? Surely you'd vote undecided if anything or just don't vote at all if the deciding factor is unknown but I'm fairly sure it's known - it will be the same as before. Might be an assumption but it isn't too big of an assumption.

I don't understand the differences in the polls on the main runescape page and on tipit I would of thought tipit, with a more concentrated number of experienced players would vote yes. I just have no idea why people would want a game to be more restricted than before, it's like having stabilizers on a bike when we don't need stabilizers, we can ride a bike perfectly well.

The only logical reason that I can see with people voting in favour of restricted trading and wild is that it will increase the motives of hackers. If that's the only reason then you shouldn't be voting, it's your responsibility to keep your account safe, if you can't do that don't play. In the 9 years of playing runescape not once has any of my 5 accounts been hijacked, common sense prevents account hijacking.

Good to see you, Craven.

The reason the poll is not as extreme on fansites such as tip.it is because the community has an unproportional ammount of people who are frightened by Pvp, luring, bots, and all things that are "bad" or "scary"

If you go to any clan forum or pking community, the polls there are largely tipped in favor of Yes. So here at tip.it we have like 18% No, at pking-centered communities we have like 2% No. Those two biased populations average out to the ~8% No that we see on the RS main page.

Rs is certainly not broken now , you think this is some kind of obama medical reform?

And besides why would they put wildness and free-trade 2 entirely separate subject bundle together?

Anyway, I am not into this plan. I do always want the old wildness kind of stuff and free trade back for years, however I must say I'm absolutely appalled at their idea of scrapping pvp worlds, bh worlds and getting rid non-pvp worlds all in one go.

You arent even ranked in BH yet you think that BH is worthy of having worlds dedicated to it.

Myweponsgood.gif

Glad to see they added a "yes" "no" type thing for the voting.

I voted yes.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

GOD BLESS JAGEX AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA AMUUUUUUUURICA

Free.png

@Dragonseance #1 to 200m all.

www.twitter.com/dragonseance

Well, now that they've given us some more specifics I'm not sure if I'm going to oppose it as strongly as before... But you can never really trust Jagex; they might turns things to P2P only or something :? I'm not going to vote for now; we'll see how things turn out.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

I voted yes. While the GE is great and all, I miss old free trade and old wildy and I'm not even a PKer/Dueler.

Also, I hope they count treasure trails as activities to be relocated.

I hope they don't.

Treasure Trails were more exciting IMO when we had to worry about PKers. Revs are a joke.

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

You do understand why extremes and overloads were banned from PvP, right? It's got nothing to do with free trade, it's to do with combat levels. Those bans will remain until the combat level system is changed. You don't have to be a JMod to work that one out.

I know exactly why. The old wild had no restrictions though, and people want the old wildy. If people want the current system, they would vote no. That's my point. I never said it had anything to do with free trade, I said it had to do with how the old wilderness pking worked.

Anyway, I like this vote a lot more. I'll accept whatever is chosen by the outcome of this one, even though I still stand by my earlier decision.

I read through how it would change if it were passed on the runescape news page and it said nothing about how it would stop rwt? It said there would be free trade, so how will that stop any one from doing rwt, i dont understand. They said they could stop botting, ok but how will they stop rwt? Are they going to say free trade only for people who have been playing for a certain time with no history of bans? or what?

SUPER.gif

I read through how it would change if it were passed on the runescape news page and it said nothing about how it would stop rwt? It said there would be free trade, so how will that stop any one from doing rwt, i dont understand. They said they could stop botting, ok but how will they stop rwt? Are they going to say free trade only for people who have been playing for a certain time with no history of bans? or what?

Well there are two possibilities. Initially, they were saying that free trade would only be available to long term accounts with no history of black marks or bans...

However....now it is sounding like this may not be the case. The thing is, though, that RWT is still as rampant as it ever was.. It is occurring right now with all the restrictions in place. So why punish regular players with a clumsy system that doesnt stop RWT anyway?

Myweponsgood.gif

Apparently the community isn't as divided as tip.it made it out to be. 89% of 107,436 people want the vote to pass. Now no one can complain about not being able to say no. :thumbup:

Low_C.png

You arent even ranked in BH yet you think that BH is worthy of having worlds dedicated to it.

Thats because BH only get ranked after succesful kills, only fools do DM and keep their word on it.

I personally perfer pvp in random places, not just in wild and I do have brawling gloves to prove I do pvp and won.

Thats not the point anyway, the point is there are people who like BH worlds and certainly a lot more who would like to keep at least 1 non-pvp world. Why would their freedom have to be stripped?

Its like removing rsc as it is pointless and because they can.

Thats because BH only get ranked after succesful kills, only fools do DM and keep their word on it.

I personally perfer pvp in random places, not just in wild and I do have brawling gloves to prove I do pvp and won.

Thats not the point anyway, the point is there are people who like BH worlds and certainly a lot more who would like to keep at least 1 non-pvp world. Why would their freedom have to be stripped?

Its like removing rsc as it is pointless and because they can.

Your viewpoint sure sounds nice. Too bad 90% of the population seems to agree that PvP worlds arent important and that seperating Pvp wildy from non-pvp wildy also is not important. I don't know what to tell you except that I am sorry your concerns are shared by a vast minority of the population.

What you are saying is "Well...some people like having pvp worlds and normal worlds. Why should we just **** all over them and get rid of that system?"

Well...the only reason those updates exist is because a huge portion of the population was **** all over to begin with. Your viewpoint is that stuff, in general, should not be removed. Well, free trade and the wilderness shouldn't have been removed in the first place then.

Myweponsgood.gif