Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staking will be pretty much terrible lol.

All you need is Korasi's Sword and a spec restore potion. :rolleyes: Unless they have a no spec option? I dunno since I don't "stake".

There are options in the duel arena to turn just about everything off so that won't be a problem. The problem staking used to have is people changing options right before you hit accept. And if you didnt' read the second screen carefully you would find yourself at a disadvange becuase someone changed something you didnt' know about. Also as some have said earlier in this or other threads, most staking was pretty strict. The rules were all well thought out before any duel.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Staking will be pretty much terrible lol.

All you need is Korasi's Sword and a spec restore potion. :rolleyes: Unless they have a no spec option? I dunno since I don't "stake".

The most common kind of staking, as far as I know, involves the no potion and no food options, so that wouldn't work.

I'd assume it will be changed in "Without any forms of boosting and healing"

I honestly can't understand why people want the wilderness / free trade back.

Fix'd. Honestly this vote is perhaps the worst thing to happen. It has split the community directly in 2. Those PKers and old school people with rose tinted specs who think they want it back, and those that are crying out for fairness and a No vote.

Tbh I love it how when I made a topic on RSOF the other day about the vote being pathetic that all the PKers tried to justify it by saying they never get updates and are basically JaGeX's [female dogs]. Maybe they are and the PVM community do get the better deal out of it all. But this is a completely game changing decision that only works backwards from where they are now.

Personally I never played old wildy, I didn't even have the internet until 2 years ago as parents didn't want it, or need it. But from everything I hear from my friends who played with old wildy and free trade and from here I can only see it being bad and quite frankly as someone said in one of the very early pages - being the death knell for runescape showing that JaGeX have lost the war against bots and RWTers.

I also find it funny that so far even though there's been perhaps every 7 out of 10 topics on the RSOF against it, no one and I repeat NO ONE has gone so far to say - We pay we say, unlike the PKers who continually tell us to shut up.

Free trade yes, I'd be fine with, it'd be nice. Old Wildy? Get stuffed.

I lose all shreds of respect for JaGeX if this vote goes through.

You realize that you are just making a huge case for why the vote should be one-sided only? Basically you are hating pk-ers just because, which is disgraceful. As we can see from the tipit vote, again, it's not as though a clear majority is against this.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I honestly can't understand why people don't want the wilderness / free trade back.

Free trade I don't care one way or the other about it. The "old" Wilderness, otoh, I don't want back and here's my reason:

I never died to a PKer who *wasn't* looking for an easy kill. I know I'm risking death out there and that's fine. I accepted it, took only minimum clue items (lined up ready to drop when attacked) or a knife if I was running agility. PKers looking for a actual fight never found me; always the ones who wanted to kill someone for the sake of killing.

imevil.jpg

I honestly can't understand why people don't want the wilderness / free trade back.

Free trade I don't care one way or the other about it. The "old" Wilderness, otoh, I don't want back and here's my reason:

I never died to a PKer who *wasn't* looking for an easy kill. I know I'm risking death out there and that's fine. I accepted it, took only minimum clue items (lined up ready to drop when attacked) or a knife if I was running agility. PKers looking for a actual fight never found me; always the ones who wanted to kill someone for the sake of killing.

Pkers always used to kill no itemers because of the chance of receiving something good. There were alot of occasions when people made a fortune doing that, even a few phat kills and so on(some people even open tt caskets in the wildy...). I doubt any of those pkers were really out to kill no itemers, but when they spot them, there is no reason not to attack. It's not as though revs work any differently. I'm sure if most of them met another pker/team, they would have fought, but it's your assumption which makes them cheap.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The only thing that is stopping me from wanting the free trade back is that i flip merchant on the g.e and its my main source of cash, its wonderful when you training skills like agility or fishing and a perfect mnoey maker for efficient players like myself. I'm currently making at least 15mil per day from it with 1.5bil to flip with and was hoping to one day reach enough to eventually buy 200mil herb and other buyables to level 99.

I don't know how badly the free trade limit will affect flip merchanting through the g.e but i'm just hoping it would still be possible to do so. It truly would be a nightmare for any efficient player out there working their way to the top.

Ejaz.png

Ejaz.png

I don't know if it was mentioned already, and I haven't personally looked into it myself, but sources (/b/ lol) tell me that the Guinness page has a competition which has a deadline of Jan. 15th, one day after the wilderness "poll"'s deadline. Now I know they said it wasn't related to Guinness, but hey, it's easy to lie.

Anyone else know much about that?

I don't know what wildy that guy was in but I never got killed doing a clue....but with revenants I nearly got killed.

I have killed people that looked poor but that turned out rewarding, If someone was on a clue I let them go because they bring nothing (unless they are wearing something fancy.

I have seen a guy mining with a p-hat, yes off course we killed him, and got the p-hat because back then addy was worth more then that silly hat.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

wildy pengs yay.

and log, until i see a link to that comp, it remains as speculation or /b/'s attempt to stir up trouble.

at the end of the day, i'd trust jagex over /b/.

I'd honestly weigh them both as equally possible. /b/ is typically brutal honesty, with a touch of psychotic.

Jagex is just known for its deceptiveness and secrecy

I'll look into it more myself.

I will be very happy when free trade is brought back.. Thats just the way things were MEANT to be.. If you dont like it i dont like you...

Darn. Guess you don't like me then.

I thought we had a great relationship going there too.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

The only thing that is stopping me from wanting the free trade back is that i flip merchant on the g.e and its my main source of cash, its wonderful when you training skills like agility or fishing and a perfect mnoey maker for efficient players like myself. I'm currently making at least 15mil per day from it with 1.5bil to flip with and was hoping to one day reach enough to eventually buy 200mil herb and other buyables to level 99.

I don't know how badly the free trade limit will affect flip merchanting through the g.e but i'm just hoping it would still be possible to do so. It truly would be a nightmare for any efficient player out there working their way to the top.

It's very possible that GE flipping will be made substantially easier with free trade. Imagine...no more volume limits or 4 hour buy/sell limit. You could leave a buy offer at the low end of an item's spread then a sell offer at the opposite end and watch them fill simultaneously. Or it might not work like that at all and make flipping harder, who knows.

I will be very happy when free trade is brought back.. Thats just the way things were MEANT to be.. If you dont like it i dont like you...

I guess it is hard :mellow:

To Call you Nice :shades:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR3jnW2kcUs

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Well, assuming this will happen, here's some of my hopes.

For trading

1. No limits on the GE bids.

2. Decimal prices allowed in the GE ex: Wind runes for 15.45 each

3. Introduction of a x10 and x100 coin with an exchanger at the GE (Allows max bank of over 220 billion gp)

4. Player Option to not allow trades outside a certain range of average price (hamper scamming)

5. GE used to determine average price of items during Player to Player trades (exception for high valued items that are primarily Player to Player)

With no limits on bids, it shouldn't take long to determine the real player value for all items traded. In addition, there's a good reason to update value of items more often. The decimal bidding is for small valued items purchased in large bulk. The x10 coin (Admium?) and x100 coin (Runium?) is just an easy way to allow players to have more than 2 bill in coins without having to change coding at all.

For the Wild

1. No gravestones from result of PvP kill (all unprotected items drop), normal gravestones all other deaths.

2. If gravestones disappear, items go with it (encourages blessing)

3. No protect item prayer for skulled players (or introduce red skull pker* idea)

4. Revenants stay in the wild, though some "PK Worlds" can be revenant free. Keeps the wilderness dangerous even during slow times.

Personally, I think people that want to attack other players need to make the decision ahead of time, such as talking to the Zammy mage to get a "red skull". Red skulls can attack non-skulled players with-in their level. However they can't teleport in the wild, can't use item protect prayer and the red skull last at least one hour (maybe option to make it permanent until you ask Zammy mage to remove it again). In addition, anyone can attack red skulls so long as they're within their level (gives player a white skull though if they're not skulled). The exception is that any Red Skull can attack another Red Skull ANYWHERE in the wild regardless of level.

Main reason for this is I hate those that try to abuse the 3-item and skull rules or teleport away when non-pkers confront them. Plus, I think PKrs being the "bad-@$$es" they claim to be can handle these little rules.

Are you the Nuke Marine that used to post long detailed posts on RSOF?

I think you are describing more of an auction aspect to the GE. I agree with the idea of setting a price range that your item can sell for that makes the most sense.

I predict that useless junk will settle down at the 1gp or so mark.

Merching clans will be devestated, old style RS merch takes much more thought then manipulating prices through an artificial system.

I disagree that there should not be limits on GE bids. I think realistic limits are still needed maybe 100k of something vs the 100 allowed currently.

There is so much pure cash held by many accounts in this game, that having unlimited GE trade limits won't be practical.

If a gravestone is destroyed before someone returns outside of wildy then it should be lootable.

Also the wildy needs to be no rules besides the old one where you can't teleport out after level 20 wild.

No honour pker's aren't worth killing anyhow they rarely carry that many valuables.

I wonder if old pking clans will be resurrected.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm the same guy. Since I've played back before and after the trading changes, this peaked my interest a lot.

About my "desires" if changes come about, I didn't fully express them so it's easy to misinterpret a few things or even the main reason for it. I'm for the removal of price limits (floors and ceilings) on all items. If they include "decimal bids" then the price of some items can drop even farther like 0.01 gp for truly useless items. For bidding, it would be like it is now, the seller sets his price and that's the price for his item. The buyer puts in the price he's willing to pay, and gets the cheapest offer for that item that's below his price. Want to sell that candle for 2 billion, go for it. Want to offer to buy a mask of 500 gp, go for it. Yeah, it opens a way trade cash, but who cares with free trade back.

Once you put "reasonable limits" on prices, you find out quickly that people's opinion of reasonable don't mesh. However, like you I do like the restrictions on how many items you can buy over a small amount of time. Yeah, it's annoying when a player wants to buy a 99 skill right then and there but it's been the main way to manipulate prices. It still allows for merchanting, and clans which I'm cool with.

On the gravestone, I'm sorry, but let it stay keep what you kill. If players can "loot" gravestones, then it brings back problems that don't benefit gameplay and encourages exploiting the environment. Hell, I'd go one step further and even in the Wilderness the items are only visible to the killer and the killed and will not appear to anyone else even after a minute (exceptions for clans and friends similar using loot share programming). It helps limit the benefit of PJing and certain scams.

About additional rules for the Wilderness we're just going to have to disagree. It's not about my desire for "Honor PKing". It's more to do with imbalance to PvP that early, early aspects of Runescape hurts. Protect Prayer, 3 Item, Protect Item, and Teleporting are great tools to avoid getting PK'd and reduce the risk of it. However, successfully PK'ing a PKer difficult. That these encourage negative (but fun) behavior because it mitigates the risk tells me these aspects need to be modified. Plus, I love the idea of PKrs being able to attack any other PKer anywhere in the wild. Heck, it'd be cool if "red skull" guys can attack each other OUTSIDE the wilderness (shades of my PK anywhere suggestion which has merit again) with similar level restrictions of current PK worlds.

Actually, would players like that? A way to allow PK anywhere, but also allows normal players to opt out on the same server. Those that opt out still are at risk of attack in the wilderness of course.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

One of the most interesting things about this vote is that 3 years and 13 days ago, Dec 10, 2007, our community stood together, as a whole, against the removal of free trade and the wild; and today here we are in the opposite situtation and our community stands harshly divided. For me those were some of the key things that defined runescape, and in a good way, and I'm for sure thrilled that they may be coming back.

rocko510.png

99 Cooking Since 10/19/10|99 Magic Since 2/13/11|

Quest Cape Since April 2011

It's very possible that GE flipping will be made substantially easier with free trade. Imagine...no more volume limits or 4 hour buy/sell limit. You could leave a buy offer at the low end of an item's spread then a sell offer at the opposite end and watch them fill simultaneously. Or it might not work like that at all and make flipping harder, who knows.

I think by free trade they meant the way it used to be. No trade limits between players. The GE didn't exist when free trade existed.

I think by free trade they meant the way it used to be. No trade limits between players. The GE didn't exist when free trade existed.

Yeah, I think the GE will still have volume limits, just no more price windows. If you want to buy large bulk, you can still do player to player trades.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

One of the most interesting things about this vote is that 3 years and 13 days ago, Dec 10, 2007, our community stood together, as a whole, against the removal of free trade and the wild; and today here we are in the opposite situtation and our community stands harshly divided. For me those were some of the key things that defined runescape, and in a good way, and I'm for sure thrilled that they may be coming back.

Uh, we didn't stand as a whole against Jagex back in Dec '07. We were really divided back then, moreso than now, and the people who agreed with Jagex were probably in the majority, or at least they were making the more reasoned arguments.

This time, there's no debate, only one condition; If Jagex can fight the horde of cheaters in full 'free trade' swing, bring back free trade. If they can't, don't. It's a big bet, but I'm for it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Yeah, I think the GE will still have volume limits, just no more price windows. If you want to buy large bulk, you can still do player to player trades.

You're probably right. I'm hoping they get rid of the GE to be completely honest. The convenience is nice the price manipulators are not. I guess it's just because I've played without the GE before that I think the annoyance of price manipulators outweighs the convenience.

Uh, we didn't stand as a whole against Jagex back in Dec '07. We were really divided back then, moreso than now, and the people who agreed with Jagex were probably in the majority, or at least they were making the more reasoned arguments.

This time, there's no debate, only one condition; If Jagex can fight the horde of cheaters in full 'free trade' swing, bring back free trade. If they can't, don't. It's a big bet, but I'm for it.

I won't speculate on which camp was larger in 07, but it damned sure wasnt a united community. Someones been drinking the rose-colored kool-aid.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours