Jimmyw3000

Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere in this thread, but would this mean staking would return? If so...OMG!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I loooooooooved staking, it used to be my favorite thing to do, even if I was just a poor noob who never won any fights.

Rejected.jpg

I honestly can't understand why people don't want the wilderness / free trade back.

Because I don't want annoying pk'ers, rwt'ers, account sellers and beggars.

Don't go in the wild or 3 item when you need to, dosen't affect you, dosen't affect you, and ignore list. Or just ignore the yellow text for pity sake.

I honestly can't understand why people don't want the wilderness / free trade back.

Why do you play an MMO than? Games like runescape are based of be who you want to be, so they have the right to do whatever they want, just as you do. You don't like it? Deal with it. I personally don't like people like you who whine about pkers, but hey i'm not exclaiming that, am I?

Almonds.png

Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere in this thread, but would this mean staking would return? If so...OMG!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I loooooooooved staking, it used to be my favorite thing to do, even if I was just a poor noob who never won any fights.

Yes, it has been confirmed that staking will be back if the poll goes through.

Almonds.png

Don't go in the wild or 3 item when you need to, dosen't affect you, dosen't affect you, and ignore list. Or just ignore the yellow text for pity sake.

If it isn't good for you, you are against it. That's basically what he is saying.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Why do you play an MMO than? Games like runescape are based of be who you want to be, so they have the right to do whatever they want, just as you do. You don't like it? Deal with it. I personally don't like people like you who whine about pkers, but hey i'm not exclaiming that, am I?

You just did.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

I believe those things still exist + annoying Price Manipulating clans that spam GE in every world, Junk Trading, Unbuyable stuff, crazy prices, restricted prices etc etc.

RWT'ers, Account sellers, Beggars - they all exist. Never left RS.

Pk'ers - haven't been seen much because they have their own worlds.

Maybe make the Wilderness be like the Old Wilderness only in a few specific worlds?

You just did.

I did to make a point, i'm not exclaiming it though am I? Exclaiming if you didn't know...means to just outright say something.

Almonds.png

The only reason I want free trade back is the possibility of getting rid of the GE. It's a nice convenience but I hate price manipulating clans that boost the price of an item to extraordinarily high prices. Before the GE real merchanting didn't involve price manipulating. You just bought something cheap and sold it high. Same principle that some merchants use today but price manipulating clans cannot use their method without the GE. Honestly runescape was better back with free trade and the old wilderness. No graves was fun too. It added a sense of real risk to the game. With graves today you don't need to worry about anything. I'll keep saying this, if someone is addicted enough to buy gold with real money let them waste their money away. I don't care it's only hurting them in the long run. Sooner or later they'll find out the real world requires money too and if you blow a bunch of it on buying items in a game you'll realize how stupid you really are. The only thing that bothered me in the old Runescape was bots and while bringing back free trade may increase the number of people trying to bot I'm pretty confident in how much jagex has evolved in bot prevention techniques.

But I think jagex will find an excuse not to give us free trade or the old wilderness back. I really don't think they want to. I just have a feeling no real facts.

I honestly can't understand why people want the wilderness / free trade back.

Fix'd. Honestly this vote is perhaps the worst thing to happen. It has split the community directly in 2. Those PKers and old school people with rose tinted specs who think they want it back, and those that are crying out for fairness and a No vote.

Tbh I love it how when I made a topic on RSOF the other day about the vote being pathetic that all the PKers tried to justify it by saying they never get updates and are basically JaGeX's [female dogs]. Maybe they are and the PVM community do get the better deal out of it all. But this is a completely game changing decision that only works backwards from where they are now.

Personally I never played old wildy, I didn't even have the internet until 2 years ago as parents didn't want it, or need it. But from everything I hear from my friends who played with old wildy and free trade and from here I can only see it being bad and quite frankly as someone said in one of the very early pages - being the death knell for runescape showing that JaGeX have lost the war against bots and RWTers.

I also find it funny that so far even though there's been perhaps every 7 out of 10 topics on the RSOF against it, no one and I repeat NO ONE has gone so far to say - We pay we say, unlike the PKers who continually tell us to shut up.

Free trade yes, I'd be fine with, it'd be nice. Old Wildy? Get stuffed.

I lose all shreds of respect for JaGeX if this vote goes through.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Fix'd. Honestly this vote is perhaps the worst thing to happen. It has split the community directly in 2. Those PKers and old school people with rose tinted specs who think they want it back, and those that are crying out for fairness and a No vote.

Tbh I love it how when I made a topic on RSOF the other day about the vote being pathetic that all the PKers tried to justify it by saying they never get updates and are basically JaGeX's [female dogs]. Maybe they are and the PVM community do get the better deal out of it all. But this is a completely game changing decision that only works backwards from where they are now.

Personally I never played old wildy, I didn't even have the internet until 2 years ago as parents didn't want it, or need it. But from everything I hear from my friends who played with old wildy and free trade and from here I can only see it being bad and quite frankly as someone said in one of the very early pages - being the death knell for runescape showing that JaGeX have lost the war against bots and RWTers.

I also find it funny that so far even though there's been perhaps every 7 out of 10 topics on the RSOF against it, no one and I repeat NO ONE has gone so far to say - We pay we say, unlike the PKers who continually tell us to shut up.

You have made no points as to why the wildy is bad.

TANSTAAFL

Don't base your opinions on other people's opinions of things you've never done.

Staking will be pretty much terrible lol.

All you need is Korasi's Sword and a spec restore potion. :rolleyes: Unless they have a no spec option? I dunno since I don't "stake".

asrhasrh.jpg

All you need is Korasi's Sword and a spec restore potion. :rolleyes: Unless they have a no spec option? I dunno since I don't "stake".

The most common kind of staking, as far as I know, involves the no potion and no food options, so that wouldn't work.

TANSTAAFL

There are options in the duel arena to turn just about everything off so that won't be a problem. The problem staking used to have is people changing options right before you hit accept. And if you didnt' read the second screen carefully you would find yourself at a disadvange becuase someone changed something you didnt' know about. Also as some have said earlier in this or other threads, most staking was pretty strict. The rules were all well thought out before any duel.

jpegsigtest.jpg

The most common kind of staking, as far as I know, involves the no potion and no food options, so that wouldn't work.

I'd assume it will be changed in "Without any forms of boosting and healing"

I'd assume it will be changed in "Without any forms of boosting and healing"

Nah, it'll stay the same, some people are okay with eating sharks during combat, but the extreme potions are just ridiculous. They'll stay separate.

TANSTAAFL

You realize that you are just making a huge case for why the vote should be one-sided only? Basically you are hating pk-ers just because, which is disgraceful. As we can see from the tipit vote, again, it's not as though a clear majority is against this.

Free trade I don't care one way or the other about it. The "old" Wilderness, otoh, I don't want back and here's my reason:

I never died to a PKer who *wasn't* looking for an easy kill. I know I'm risking death out there and that's fine. I accepted it, took only minimum clue items (lined up ready to drop when attacked) or a knife if I was running agility. PKers looking for a actual fight never found me; always the ones who wanted to kill someone for the sake of killing.

imevil.jpg

Free trade I don't care one way or the other about it. The "old" Wilderness, otoh, I don't want back and here's my reason:

I never died to a PKer who *wasn't* looking for an easy kill. I know I'm risking death out there and that's fine. I accepted it, took only minimum clue items (lined up ready to drop when attacked) or a knife if I was running agility. PKers looking for a actual fight never found me; always the ones who wanted to kill someone for the sake of killing.

Pkers always used to kill no itemers because of the chance of receiving something good. There were alot of occasions when people made a fortune doing that, even a few phat kills and so on(some people even open tt caskets in the wildy...). I doubt any of those pkers were really out to kill no itemers, but when they spot them, there is no reason not to attack. It's not as though revs work any differently. I'm sure if most of them met another pker/team, they would have fought, but it's your assumption which makes them cheap.

The only thing that is stopping me from wanting the free trade back is that i flip merchant on the g.e and its my main source of cash, its wonderful when you training skills like agility or fishing and a perfect mnoey maker for efficient players like myself. I'm currently making at least 15mil per day from it with 1.5bil to flip with and was hoping to one day reach enough to eventually buy 200mil herb and other buyables to level 99.

I don't know how badly the free trade limit will affect flip merchanting through the g.e but i'm just hoping it would still be possible to do so. It truly would be a nightmare for any efficient player out there working their way to the top.

Ejaz.png

Ejaz.png

I don't know if it was mentioned already, and I haven't personally looked into it myself, but sources (/b/ lol) tell me that the Guinness page has a competition which has a deadline of Jan. 15th, one day after the wilderness "poll"'s deadline. Now I know they said it wasn't related to Guinness, but hey, it's easy to lie.

Anyone else know much about that?

I don't know what wildy that guy was in but I never got killed doing a clue....but with revenants I nearly got killed.

I have killed people that looked poor but that turned out rewarding, If someone was on a clue I let them go because they bring nothing (unless they are wearing something fancy.

I have seen a guy mining with a p-hat, yes off course we killed him, and got the p-hat because back then addy was worth more then that silly hat.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.