Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

Why do people think the only reason people oppose it is due to them being some form of cry baby not wanting to die in the wilderness? Have your wilderness back for all I care.

The wilderness is the small fish in this update.

The true update is the impact it will have on the wider game. The economy will be in turmoil for months, we will have huge bugs, we will probably have months upon months of updates, delaying good worthwhile content, which are there to re-balance what has been unbalanced by this update, we will also be once again inundated with level 3 bots once more.

You say those opposing it are being selfish? Look at yourselves in the mirror. You are the ones changing something because you want it changed.

I'm also getting annoyed with how people think the game was good back then. Reality check. The game had major problems back with free trade. It won't bring balance to skills, those were ruined with skill capes, it won't bring balance to PVP, that has been ruined with high level gear. You won't be able to train any skill as not only will we have the skilling bots of the present, we will have the RWT bots of the past coming back in full force. Stop looking at the past as if it was some Mecca for gaming. You have to wonder if any of those who are voting for even played back then or wether they have been brainwashed into thinking the game was perfect by those who won't let go of the past.

Think of the wider consequences, stop just thinking 'I want pking back it was better than now!'.

This reply would be a very good one IF free trade and pking was removed because of PK-ers. Unfortunately...

It wasn't. And you know who suffered because of it? The change took place for a reason, and if the reason doesn't apply anymore(as stated by jagex), why not bring it back? Because the re-change?

As for your speculation on the update(which you so elegantly put into the form of facts), they are speculation. The change wasn't very worrisome, and as we are not going into a new system, the change-back shouldn't be aswell. There are no clear signs of how this will turn up in the long run so it's just silly to factually state that a hundred thousand yew bots will be back just because.

So yes, this update might delay some new quests and such, but when you compare it to the rebirth of pking and staking, it's really nothing. People will be RETURNING to play this game, and that says alot. There aren't many updates with that sort of impact. This update would matter, and that's saying alot.

As for you dismissing the game as it was in 06-07, it was better. Why? Because there were different communities working as one. None of the problems you named about the 07 is what the update is looking to solve or are not present nowadays. If jagex says that they can deal with rwt/botting, why is everyone completely dismissing them? The update is supposed to fix the rare item community, reintroduce pking(which used to be >60% of all high level content) and staking(another 10% of high level content), and as far as i can tell, it'll achieve just that. PK-ers were the ones that got shafted because of the change, and now they are responsible for this turnback?

if i buy a car i want it to drive? if rs was a car, pking would be the turbo boost imo. i just dont like your attitude about the ppl who dont want it back like it was back then. i guess we should just bow to you and not have our own opinions. This game isnt just about combat.

btw love you frost dragon guide ;-)

I think what you mean is that it isn't all about combat ANYMORE. It used to be mostly about combat in the past.

And thanks for the compliment :shades:

there's ALOT of skills that have nothing to do with combat and i dont think they want it to be that way. I do know that theres the wildy and you can avoid it easily but come one man you dont have to so rough about those ppl who dont want it back. I just want all the community to be able to express their opinion without thinking they're gonna get labeled as a whiner. i was against the pkers getting bashed back when they took it away.

very good guide im sure you get compliments on it :)

Kjarqu.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, and did you read my post?

How do them transferring wealth affect you? They transfer stuff now, does that affect you?

Yup.

I'm proud of what I have achieved so far, so do many others I think with their account.

It is not fair that others (who RWT) don't have to work for their gp's. (well, not ingame :wink:)

This lessens the achievements of fair players.

+1 to "Danqazmlp" post above.

Your achievements (and mine, for that matter) already lessened because we don't RWT. But RWT exists at this very moment, so it's not like getting free trade back will make it that much worse.

Staurolite.png

Man your so tough with your "stern words" lol. i know you post here alot and you think you know everything but really whats wrong with a skiller fighting to keep pkers away from the abyss? I think your taking this way to seriously. Didnt all the pkers riot when it got took away. I personally think it wild you wanted to respond that way. btw i could care less if they do this, im not a skiller

The thing that's wrong is that the abyss was DESIGNED to be dangerous. If you buy a car you want it to be able to drive, not swim. The reintroduction of wilderness will only reinstate that original design, so there is really nothing to cry about. Why am i taking this seriously? Because me playing the game or not largely depends on this. It's not about me not being able to runecraft, complete clues or do a few quests, it's about 70-90% of my gaming experience. How would the skillers feel if 90% of the content available to them was removed? Is it really so hard to make small sacrifices for the good of others, others that have been playing this game much longer and have alot more experience. PKing was what this game used to be about, and if you don't like it, there is really little reason to hate people who do like it.

I think it's very consistent to want opposite gaming communities to respect one another and for me to answer silly uneducated claims with some of my own. Not to mention taking quotes out of context...

if i buy a car i want it to drive? if rs was a car, pking would be the turbo boost imo. i just dont like your attitude about the ppl who dont want it back like it was back then. i guess we should just bow to you and not have our own opinions. This game isnt just about combat.

btw love you frost dragon guide ;-)

a nearly Combat maxed Player, claiming this game isn't about combat? NOW i've heard it all.

Its not ALL bout combat but i'd say 90% of this game IS Combat based. Only 2 skills off the top of my head or not CB based, these are Firemaking and Theif. And even firemaking is used for the handcannon = range Combat..

let the PK'ers, have there fun. I'm more interested in the free Trade....will w2 falador be revived?? :o

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

Am i the one overlooking one small thing.

Say this does pass [which is highly doubtful

[i THOUGHT IT SAID THE MAJORITY THATS NOT 90% PERCENT]

Anyway First of all Junk is rendered useless since free trade is back right.

So all the stuff that was used as junk is gonna plummet hard.

Not that anyone cares about this of course but thats lost money right there.

So your saying the majority of the people are against the update?

i mentioned trying to get an interview with MMG, i may of secured one, but i doubt it will be done until the new years.

It's a pity that he'll dodge the questions people really want answers to, like: "WTF was going on in your head to give the okay for such a poorly implemented, ballot stuffing poll? Who did you put in charge of that thing, a Sequoia voting maching?!?!"

imevil.jpg

It's because of people like me, who quit when wildy/trade left, but will come back if it comes back, that JaGeX is doing this bs poll :P

sorry people who like the new system better ):

Trust me though, once you try free trade and wildy, there's no going back

The only legitimate problem I see is the question of whether the economy can handle it, and since I haven't played since '07, I am in no position to comment on that. I really hope it can though

Don't cry because it's over smile because it happened.

I can't say I agree with this about pking and merchanting

this was my signature before the big nuke, it has returned

i also had 600+ posts. *sniff sniff*

It's because of people like me, who quit when wildy/trade left, but will come back if it comes back, that JaGeX is doing this bs poll :P

sorry people who like the new system better ):

Trust me though, once you try free trade and wildy, there's no going back

The only legitimate problem I see is the question of whether the economy can handle it, and since I haven't played since '07, I am in no position to comment on that. I really hope it can though

Short answer yes the economy/game can handle it.

And I am willing to bet 2 people will play again for every 1 player that rage quits over free trade/wilderness coming back

...and 75% of the ragequitters will be back in a few weeks. The remaining 25% within a year.

If anything, the economy will benefit from free trade and old wilderness.

People will be able to set there own prices, so prices may not fluctuate as they do with ge. Also old pking, it wont generate more wealth into the game than needed, as the old pking was just transferring wealth. This will stop inflation. Or a % of it.

i mentioned trying to get an interview with MMG, i may of secured one, but i doubt it will be done until the new years.

It's a pity that he'll dodge the questions people really want answers to, like: "WTF was going on in your head to give the okay for such a poorly implemented, ballot stuffing poll? Who did you put in charge of that thing, a Sequoia voting maching?!?!"

Could you also ask him about updating the max currency thing? It's kind of redundant to have free trade but have no way of buying a blue p hat with straight out GP. I mentioned this in another thread but no other pay-to-play MMO gives you a cap on how much you can make. I think people have suggested some kind of different coinage system (platinum/gold/silver/etc) to get around the coding problem.

This really gets down to the morals of cheating versus the morals of being forced to throw away your life [1000's of hours] to access content you enjoy

Isn't life about throwing away your life (a job) to access content you enjoy?

Interesting times.

Jagex must be desperate for more players.

Will be nice to see the duel arena actually have people duelling.

Old wildy & free trade is win.

Still not enough to make me return to RS

^ It sucks, all the work and resources that were put into removing trade to the extent that even party rooms were limited to a few worlds. Not to mention how much work went into wildy substitutes.

No wonder the actual in-game content updates seemed slim compared to pre-trade restrictions.

Well, assuming this will happen, here's some of my hopes.

For trading

1. No limits on the GE bids.

2. Decimal prices allowed in the GE ex: Wind runes for 15.45 each

3. Introduction of a x10 and x100 coin with an exchanger at the GE (Allows max bank of over 220 billion gp)

4. Player Option to not allow trades outside a certain range of average price (hamper scamming)

5. GE used to determine average price of items during Player to Player trades (exception for high valued items that are primarily Player to Player)

With no limits on bids, it shouldn't take long to determine the real player value for all items traded. In addition, there's a good reason to update value of items more often. The decimal bidding is for small valued items purchased in large bulk. The x10 coin (Admium?) and x100 coin (Runium?) is just an easy way to allow players to have more than 2 bill in coins without having to change coding at all.

For the Wild

1. No gravestones from result of PvP kill (all unprotected items drop), normal gravestones all other deaths.

2. If gravestones disappear, items go with it (encourages blessing)

3. No protect item prayer for skulled players (or introduce red skull pker* idea)

4. Revenants stay in the wild, though some "PK Worlds" can be revenant free. Keeps the wilderness dangerous even during slow times.

Personally, I think people that want to attack other players need to make the decision ahead of time, such as talking to the Zammy mage to get a "red skull". Red skulls can attack non-skulled players with-in their level. However they can't teleport in the wild, can't use item protect prayer and the red skull last at least one hour (maybe option to make it permanent until you ask Zammy mage to remove it again). In addition, anyone can attack red skulls so long as they're within their level (gives player a white skull though if they're not skulled). The exception is that any Red Skull can attack another Red Skull ANYWHERE in the wild regardless of level.

Main reason for this is I hate those that try to abuse the 3-item and skull rules or teleport away when non-pkers confront them. Plus, I think PKrs being the "bad-@$$es" they claim to be can handle these little rules.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Well, I just dropped by World 66 Falador to see what was going on. 0 people were rioting. Nothing at all like http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Pay_to_Pk_Riot

I attended that. There were around 2000 people standing in Falador. From Fally west bank to the party room, pretty much every open square was taken. And it stayed like that for a week. Kind of indicative of the general feeling of the players.

To the people that say there should be a split vote:

Having a split vote does not make much sense. Voting for only the free trade, or only the old wilderness would make you feel better, but would be kind of pointless. The reason for the removal of free trade, the old wilderness, staking, and all such things was to combat Real World Trading. If we were to get free trade back, then the reason for not having the old wilderness would vanish. Kind of pointless to keep people from dying with large sums of gold, if they can just give it to that person in trade. So as far as the reasons for removing free trade and the old wilderness, if you give one of them back, you get rid of the reason for not having the other.

I wonder if staking would be included in free trade. That might bring back some old stakers, at least for a bit. That has the potential to lower some of the rare prices. I think a bunch of the old stakers used to have party hat sets and other rares.

EDIT at above:

The protect item prayer was designed for the wilderness in the first place. That is why it exists. It used to be a skill figuring out if you could sucessfully smite your opponent and get the drop. No protect item prayer would be more like the old BH crater, but the old wild had protect item and all that. Remember, this is about bringing back the old wild, not making some new unbalanced copy of it (e.g. statuettes)

pere_grin.png

Well, I just dropped by World 66 Falador to see what was going on. 0 people were rioting. Nothing at all like http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Pay_to_Pk_Riot

I attended that. There were around 2000 people standing in Falador. From Fally west bank to the party room, pretty much every open square was taken. And it stayed like that for a week. Kind of indicative of the general feeling of the players.

To the people that say there should be a split vote:

Having a split vote does not make much sense. Voting for only the free trade, or only the old wilderness would make you feel better, but would be kind of pointless. The reason for the removal of free trade, the old wilderness, staking, and all such things was to combat Real World Trading. If we were to get free trade back, then the reason for not having the old wilderness would vanish. Kind of pointless to keep people from dying with large sums of gold, if they can just give it to that person in trade. So as far as the reasons for removing free trade and the old wilderness, if you give one of them back, you get rid of the reason for not having the other.

I wonder if staking would be included in free trade. That might bring back some old stakers, at least for a bit. That has the potential to lower some of the rare prices. I think a bunch of the old stakers used to have party hat sets and other rares.

Staking has been confirmed that it will return. There should be some pics of mod mmg saying that in his cc floating around this topic somewhere. he said something like "oh yes staking will return also, so you could stake a partyhat for a candle or whatever." :thumbsup:

hopefully this includes the limits in the arena... man staking was my real skill. Time to get back into the phat buisness. I already expect platypus or homer s 777 (?) to lead into this as well if he still plays. God it has been ages and will surely be great to come back to the original game with the new updates. Hopefully the few new changes and weps dont screw my game up :P

Link2fast.png

mybbsig.png

Are you the Nuke Marine that used to post long detailed posts on RSOF?

I think you are describing more of an auction aspect to the GE. I agree with the idea of setting a price range that your item can sell for that makes the most sense.

I predict that useless junk will settle down at the 1gp or so mark.

Merching clans will be devestated, old style RS merch takes much more thought then manipulating prices through an artificial system.

I disagree that there should not be limits on GE bids. I think realistic limits are still needed maybe 100k of something vs the 100 allowed currently.

There is so much pure cash held by many accounts in this game, that having unlimited GE trade limits won't be practical.

If a gravestone is destroyed before someone returns outside of wildy then it should be lootable.

Also the wildy needs to be no rules besides the old one where you can't teleport out after level 20 wild.

No honour pker's aren't worth killing anyhow they rarely carry that many valuables.

I wonder if old pking clans will be resurrected.

Well, assuming this will happen, here's some of my hopes.

For trading

1. No limits on the GE bids.

2. Decimal prices allowed in the GE ex: Wind runes for 15.45 each

3. Introduction of a x10 and x100 coin with an exchanger at the GE (Allows max bank of over 220 billion gp)

4. Player Option to not allow trades outside a certain range of average price (hamper scamming)

5. GE used to determine average price of items during Player to Player trades (exception for high valued items that are primarily Player to Player)

With no limits on bids, it shouldn't take long to determine the real player value for all items traded. In addition, there's a good reason to update value of items more often. The decimal bidding is for small valued items purchased in large bulk. The x10 coin (Admium?) and x100 coin (Runium?) is just an easy way to allow players to have more than 2 bill in coins without having to change coding at all.

For the Wild

1. No gravestones from result of PvP kill (all unprotected items drop), normal gravestones all other deaths.

2. If gravestones disappear, items go with it (encourages blessing)

3. No protect item prayer for skulled players (or introduce red skull pker* idea)

4. Revenants stay in the wild, though some "PK Worlds" can be revenant free. Keeps the wilderness dangerous even during slow times.

Personally, I think people that want to attack other players need to make the decision ahead of time, such as talking to the Zammy mage to get a "red skull". Red skulls can attack non-skulled players with-in their level. However they can't teleport in the wild, can't use item protect prayer and the red skull last at least one hour (maybe option to make it permanent until you ask Zammy mage to remove it again). In addition, anyone can attack red skulls so long as they're within their level (gives player a white skull though if they're not skulled). The exception is that any Red Skull can attack another Red Skull ANYWHERE in the wild regardless of level.

Main reason for this is I hate those that try to abuse the 3-item and skull rules or teleport away when non-pkers confront them. Plus, I think PKrs being the "bad-@$$es" they claim to be can handle these little rules.

Do you guys remember those old looting accounts? well with the return of the wildy i think they will return aswell.

I hate those mofo's lol. they are level 3 and stand around watching fights hoping to loot some rune armour.

hahaha :)

bllllonz.png

In Soviet Runescape, updates vote for YOU!

Honestly this is just an annoyance for me: I doubt I'll be doing any more KBD slayer tasks, wildy clues will be a pain, and (Thank god I already have my qp cape) all the quests in the wildy will be more annoying than ever to complete. Meh, nothing lifechanging and I'll still play, but I prefer my gameplay free of other players attacking me (If I so choose to play that way).

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I sure hope they give us the update before the 14th (if they do), I can't wait!

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

Honestly this is just an annoyance for me: I doubt I'll be doing any more KBD slayer tasks, wildy clues will be a pain, and (Thank god I already have my qp cape) all the quests in the wildy will be more annoying than ever to complete. Meh, nothing lifechanging and I'll still play, but I prefer my gameplay free of other players attacking me (If I so choose to play that way).

I'm sorry you can't use the wild as a safe place to do your slayer tasks or commodity the KBD anymore. I'm sure the wild was meant to be a place to afk, grind, and skill like the rest of runescape.

I'm sorry you can't use the wild as a safe place to do your slayer tasks or commodity the KBD anymore. I'm sure the wild was meant to be a place to afk, grind, and skill like the rest of runescape.

Better samey and afkable than obnoxious and hindering, at least in my opinion.

I'll change and adjust my daily playing to the update as everyone else will, and honestly I'm looking forward to a big change to the community to keep things interesting; this just isn't something that caters to me, but I know that the game is not just all about me so I'll get over it.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Ok, so I've not even read like 42 pages, so I really don't want a "lol we discussed that 4 threads, 92 pages, 4 adverbs and 1 preposition ago. where u been" Unless of course it's sarcasm.

But the part

"So, the big question is, are the passionate voices we hear on this topic truly representative of the majority of the player community or just a rather vocal minority? Do you want to see a return of free trade and the original Wilderness? If the vast majority of our players vote in favour of it, then we will do exactly that."

Makes sense that there is only a yes button, while a bit unorthodox it accomplishes it the same way. If they had just made people log onto vote, it would have been actually quite an interesting way to vote. But, I voted anonymously like 22 times yesterday. lol'd. I don't know if anonymous votes count or not, but still.

^^ btw I only posted that as to people I read saying "what kind of [developmentally delayed]ed company only puts a yes button." Well the idea was all those who didn't vote were saying no. So they would just weigh the yes vs. the entire player database.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge