Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent voted on this or the real vote because i can not choose. I want wildy back but i like the g.e and not sure if free trade is a good idea plus i dont like the way jagex are going about it and i think it could potentially ruin rrunescape. :(

Same here, give old-wildy to pk'ers if they really want it that bad but keep trade-limits and ge.

Can't... These are tied together. With the old wildy two buddies may just go to wildy, kill one and transfer stuff.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

if that graph is accurate i say by xmas word will be spread to everybody and the votes will flood in.. honestly in three more weeks i can see the poll maxing out at 9,999,999 if old players vote or are voted for. i predict about 8million votes total.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

if that graph is accurate i say by xmas word will be spread to everybody and the votes will flood in.. honestly in three more weeks i can see the poll maxing out at 9,999,999 if old players vote or are voted for. i predict about 8million votes total.

Honestly, I can't see more than 2/3 of those votes being legitimate. After now, I doubt more than 1/4 of them are real. Those who play will have voted by now. Most of the votes from now on will probably be those put in by scripts. You will know if they are true votes or not depending on how long the trend rises in a constant scale.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Honestly, I can't see more than 2/3 of those votes being legitimate. After now, I doubt more than 1/4 of them are real. Those who play will have voted by now. Most of the votes from now on will probably be those put in by scripts. You will know if they are true votes or not depending on how long the trend rises in a constant scale.

Does it matter? Even 25% is still a clear majority.

You mean if 25% of the votes are valid, then that's a majority?

We will never know, because they aren't tallying the opposition.

In that big chat graphic methud posted, when Mod Mark says “they aren’t looking at the names” he’s dodging the point. They should gauge the numbers on both sides of the coin.

And then at the end, he has the nerve to claim he’s neutral.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

this. its a fact that the majority wants free trade and old wilderness.

A majority over what? Oh, the majority over those 0 votes for no because they aren't allowed to be cast?

Thats 25% would be if it reaches something like 2 million. I wouldn't expect more than 1 million legitimate votes realistically, 500k would probably be the rough amount I would expect. You have to remember how many people would vote no, how many people wouldn't see it so wouldn't vote at all and then how large the active player base is. The counter could probably go to 10m+ if people carry on running their scripts, however it would in no way be a realistic view.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Can I just say one thing to all those who oppose this?

Here goes:

You don't HAVE to partake in it! No one is going up to you IRL with a gun and putting it to the back of your head saying "Go into the wilderness so I can kill you and get your stuff!". Honestly, if you don't enjoy dangerous PvP, then you can play minigames, or just stay clear. On the other hand, there's people, like me, who enjoyed PKing for what it was pre dec 07. We go into the wilderness prepared for combat at all times, and understood if you die, you lose your stuff and that's it. The old wilderness coming back is a big deal for us, and it doesn't harm you in any way. So what's with all the hostility?

Just stay out of the wild and you won't get PKed. Simple.

Staurolite.png

Can I just say one thing to all those who don't like PKing?

Here goes:

You don't HAVE to partake in it! No one is going up to you IRL with a gun and putting it to the back of your head saying "Go into the wilderness so I can kill you and get your stuff!". Honestly, if you don't enjoy dangerous PvP, then you can play minigames, or just stay clear. On the other hand, there's people, like me, who enjoyed PKing for what it was pre dec 07. We go into the wilderness prepared for combat at all times, and understood if you die, you lose your stuff and that's it. The old wilderness coming back is a big deal for us, and it doesn't harm you in any way. So what's with all the hostility?

It isn't just the wilderness that is being voted on. It's free trade as well. Even then, we don't know the extent of the back-track we are voting for. You say it wouldn't harm us if the wilderness came back, but how about those who want to go into the wilderness? The game has changed and many people use the wilderness for activities seperate from Pking. Just because you don't PK doesn't mean it wouldn't effect you. For me personally, the main part I don't want which would come of the update would be the unstability of the game for another few years and the massive instability of the economy in the months following the update. It took Jagex years to stabilise the game after taking free trade out, I don't doubt it would take as long to reverse it. This would mean losing out on updates such as quests.

zqXeV.jpg

A majority over what? Oh, the majority over those 0 votes for no because they aren't allowed to be cast?

Thats 25% would be if it reaches something like 2 million. I wouldn't expect more than 1 million legitimate votes realistically, 500k would probably be the rough amount I would expect. You have to remember how many people would vote no, how many people wouldn't see it so wouldn't vote at all and then how large the active player base is. The counter could probably go to 10m+ if people carry on running their scripts, however it would in no way be a realistic view.

25% is roughly 318k votes. That is in almost 2 days. In no way shape or form could the naysayers come close to that.

I would suggest the people against this go ahead and make your plans on what your going to do, as did the pk'ers/people that liked free trade did in 2007.

Here goes:

So you think sudden free trade will not effect the economy at all? or the sudden increase in people pvping wouldnt effect the market for food and pots?

im on neither side fully on the one hand i want them back but on the other i can see how the game has evolved since the update and fear the side effects of it being introduced suddenly i would rather a phased aproach

On a side note ive only been back in rs fully for about a month and have been comming back every 6 months since 07 checking up for a few days then growing bored but this time ive ended up back for nearly a whole month, that said im not very happy with this "vote" its a farce no matter how you look at it there should be a need to log and a second option other wise its not an acurate representation at all.

siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

Theres a rumor going around that said they have already decided in doing the update. Another rumor says it will be brought back January 1st, which doesn't make sense because it will take longer than a week and a half to re-implement everything and move everything around. Rumors are rumors.

Here goes:

That isn't even close to why people who oppose this...oppose this...

This thread just went right over your head, didn't it?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Can I just say one thing to all those who don't like PKing?

Here goes:

It isn't just the wilderness that is being voted on. It's free trade as well. Even then, we don't know the extent of the back-track we are voting for. You say it wouldn't harm us if the wilderness came back, but how about those who want to go into the wilderness? The game has changed and many people use the wilderness for activities seperate from Pking. Just because you don't PK doesn't mean it wouldn't effect you. For me personally, the main part I don't want which would come of the update would be the unstability of the game for another few years and the massive instability of the economy in the months following the update. It took Jagex years to stabilise the game after taking free trade out, I don't doubt it would take as long to reverse it. This would mean losing out on updates such as quests.

Yes, I get that people have the habit of going into the wilderness for certain activities, like clues, minigames. But there's a screenshot on pg 37 you should take a look at. Mod Mark says they are heavily considering relocating, and making changes to clue scrolls and RC PKing. Personally, I disagree with that, b/c I think clues were meant to be dangerous, but if the majority are upset over it, I wouldn't mind.

About unstability. Of course the game will be unstable after a major update like this. All updates make the game unstable, just to different degrees. Plus, I would argue that the game is still unstable from the updates of Dec 07. Especially because of the period of 76k'ing, and this current tricking business combined with all the pvp statues.

Can you give me some predictions on what will be unstable after the update?

As for economic unstability, I actually would think it would help. Right now, new items are always bought out after they are introduced, mostly by merchanters who have no intention of using the item, and only using it as bargain chips. Would you say that's economic stability? Items also get manipulated time and time again, making even the most common daily activities inconvenient (when ppots get merched, or more recently, sara brews). If free trade is implemented, I think it will help this issue, because there's no limit to your offer. You can outbid the mercha manipulators if you are in dire need of something. And as time goes on, the period right after an item is released during which it unbuyable will become shorter, because prices can adjust faster without GE limits.

That's just what I think about your concerns.

Staurolite.png

25% is roughly 318k votes. That is in almost 2 days. In no way shape or form could the naysayers come close to that.

I would suggest the people against this go ahead and make your plans on what your going to do, as did the pk'ers/people that liked free trade did in 2007.

And please tell me how you know that in no way shape or form could naysayers come close to that? From the poll at the top of this very forum, only around 60% are for the update.

zqXeV.jpg

Proof?

You have no idea how many people would vote no...because..well...WE CAN'T VOTE NO!

My plan on what I'm going to do is keep playing, like I do now. Doesn't mean I can't be against this.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Here goes:

That isn't even close to why people who oppose this...oppose this...

This thread just went right over your head, didn't it?

So what is the reason? That you can't vote "no?". That's why people oppose this? You oppose something not because you disagree with the issue but because you can't vote against it? :???:

So tell me, if you could vote against it, what would be your reason?

Staurolite.png