Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan i don't think you can argue that the removal of free trade has caused more trouble than it was worth. Lets be clear- it wasn't a good update and was never meant to be a good update- it was a necessity at the time, and isn't anymore. It's unfortunate, ofcource, that because the update somewhat changed the mechanics of the game into the way they weren't supposed to be that we have a LOAD of sissies here whining about the dangers of wilderness, but as jagex has promised to relocate content, it really shouldn't be a problem. The wilderness was always supposed to be dangerous, so anyone complaining about it becoming dangerous again should just shut their cracks.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Can I just say one thing to all those who oppose this?

Here goes:

You don't HAVE to partake in it! No one is going up to you IRL with a gun and putting it to the back of your head saying "Go into the wilderness so I can kill you and get your stuff!". Honestly, if you don't enjoy dangerous PvP, then you can play minigames, or just stay clear. On the other hand, there's people, like me, who enjoyed PKing for what it was pre dec 07. We go into the wilderness prepared for combat at all times, and understood if you die, you lose your stuff and that's it. The old wilderness coming back is a big deal for us, and it doesn't harm you in any way. So what's with all the hostility?

Just stay out of the wild and you won't get PKed. Simple.

That isn't even close to why people who oppose this...oppose this...

This thread just went right over your head, didn't it?

So what is the reason? That you can't vote "no?". That's why people oppose this? You oppose something not because you disagree with the issue but because you can't vote against it? :???:

When did I say that? Don't put words in my mouth please.

I have my own reasons for opposing this update. Most of it revolving around the free trade aspect.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

A majority over what? Oh, the majority over those 0 votes for no because they aren't allowed to be cast?

Thats 25% would be if it reaches something like 2 million. I wouldn't expect more than 1 million legitimate votes realistically, 500k would probably be the rough amount I would expect. You have to remember how many people would vote no, how many people wouldn't see it so wouldn't vote at all and then how large the active player base is. The counter could probably go to 10m+ if people carry on running their scripts, however it would in no way be a realistic view.

25% is roughly 318k votes. That is in almost 2 days. In no way shape or form could the naysayers come close to that.

I would suggest the people against this go ahead and make your plans on what your going to do, as did the pk'ers/people that liked free trade did in 2007.

And please tell me how you know that in no way shape or form could naysayers come close to that? From the poll at the top of this very forum, only around 60% are for the update.

Yes'es have DOUBLE the percentage. This is also tip.it, I don't see a large group of pkers/pures here often.

The wilderness was always supposed to be dangerous, so anyone complaining about it becoming dangerous again should just shut their cracks.

Are such manners a mandatory feature in those supporting PKers? Then you wonder why we don't want it back?

The wilderness was always supposed to be dangerous, so anyone complaining about it becoming dangerous again should just shut their cracks.

Are such manners a mandatory feature in those supporting PKers? Then you wonder why we don't want it back?

Ah so you want to punish pkers? Keep them out of your idea of this game? Please do explain.

A majority over what? Oh, the majority over those 0 votes for no because they aren't allowed to be cast?

Thats 25% would be if it reaches something like 2 million. I wouldn't expect more than 1 million legitimate votes realistically, 500k would probably be the rough amount I would expect. You have to remember how many people would vote no, how many people wouldn't see it so wouldn't vote at all and then how large the active player base is. The counter could probably go to 10m+ if people carry on running their scripts, however it would in no way be a realistic view.

25% is roughly 318k votes. That is in almost 2 days. In no way shape or form could the naysayers come close to that.

I would suggest the people against this go ahead and make your plans on what your going to do, as did the pk'ers/people that liked free trade did in 2007.

And please tell me how you know that in no way shape or form could naysayers come close to that? From the poll at the top of this very forum, only around 60% are for the update.

Yes'es have DOUBLE the percentage. This is also tip.it, I don't see a large group of pkers/pures here often.

Exactly what I have been saying. A lot of people say no because they are not pkers.

Can I just say one thing to all those who oppose this?

Here goes:

You don't HAVE to partake in it! No one is going up to you IRL with a gun and putting it to the back of your head saying "Go into the wilderness so I can kill you and get your stuff!". Honestly, if you don't enjoy dangerous PvP, then you can play minigames, or just stay clear. On the other hand, there's people, like me, who enjoyed PKing for what it was pre dec 07. We go into the wilderness prepared for combat at all times, and understood if you die, you lose your stuff and that's it. The old wilderness coming back is a big deal for us, and it doesn't harm you in any way. So what's with all the hostility?

Just stay out of the wild and you won't get PKed. Simple.

That isn't even close to why people who oppose this...oppose this...

This thread just went right over your head, didn't it?

So what is the reason? That you can't vote "no?". That's why people oppose this? You oppose something not because you disagree with the issue but because you can't vote against it? :???:

When did I say that? Don't put words in my mouth please.

I have my own reasons for opposing this update. Most of it revolving around the free trade aspect.

Well sorry for putting words in your mouth. But not many people were voicing concerns about free trade. I replied to Danq's post last page separately. So take it that my post was directed towards people opposed to the old wilderness. Like Ginger_Warrior for example.

Staurolite.png

I don't think you really understand common courtesy. I genuinely HATE castle wars and quests, but if a poll came up about removing them i'd be indifferent as i understand that there are people who love that sort of content. If you didn't pk before the change, you shouldn't cry about wildy being dangerous. Don't be selfish about this, the game is not about you, it's about us.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Then quote them...not me...I'm tired of people quote the wrong people, but answering someone else, all it does is cause confusion or unnecessary arguments to start just over a misunderstanding. -.-

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Then quote them...not me...I'm tired of people quote the wrong people, but answering someone else, all it does is cause confusion or unnecessary arguments to start just over a misunderstanding. -.-

Well I didn't quote anyone, sorry.

But here are some of the posts I was replying to:

The people saying no to the update are just sheeple, incapable or unwilling to think for themselves and ready to simply take the official word to heart, a mantra that's lost its meaning.

It couldn't actually be that:

1) We don't like being put under the impression that we can vote against this, even though we can't and someone else will vote for us anyway, or;

2) We don't like PKing and don't see any need to remove trade restrictions.

I lol'd a little at the the irony of your post too, given the official word is pretty much 'Yes, or else someone will vote Yes for you'. Maybe I'm just not thinking for myself. :rolleyes:

I can actually hear you giggling lol. You pkers and your clans get to pick on and bully ppl again, sounds like great fun.

Staurolite.png

Yes, I get that people have the habit of going into the wilderness for certain activities, like clues, minigames. But there's a screenshot on pg 37 you should take a look at. Mod Mark says they are heavily considering relocating, and making changes to clue scrolls and RC PKing. Personally, I disagree with that, b/c I think clues were meant to be dangerous, but if the majority are upset over it, I wouldn't mind.

If they are taking away all possible reasons a non-pker would ever come to the wild, why not limit it to a few worlds where old wild is revived?

You can stil pk each other and loot everything they were wearing.

-> Transferring cash to a buddy/buyer on these heavily populated oldwild-worlds wouldn't be without risk.

-> no chance of messing up GE

-> less incentive to buy cash

-> less RWT means less botters

-> no free trade means less incentive for hackers

-> pkers have their own worlds and the rest are left in peace

Why even bother trying to rationalise things... When Jagex has the chance of doing something stupid instead, they will take it.

MMG doesn't even know the difference between chaotic and pvp-armour and he's in charge. :mellow:

I'll just leave this here...

Quick find code: 15-16-64-62054249

[hide]

Phase 2 is coming soon and will answer a lot of questions. It will have a "No" option.

~ MMH ~

35353535.png[/hide]

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Yes, I get that people have the habit of going into the wilderness for certain activities, like clues, minigames. But there's a screenshot on pg 37 you should take a look at. Mod Mark says they are heavily considering relocating, and making changes to clue scrolls and RC PKing. Personally, I disagree with that, b/c I think clues were meant to be dangerous, but if the majority are upset over it, I wouldn't mind.

If they are taking away all possible reasons a non-pker would ever come to the wild, why not limit it to a few worlds where old wild is revived?

-> Transferring cash to a buddy/buyer on these heavily populated oldwild-worlds wouldn't be without risk.

Why even bother trying to rationalise things... When Jagex has the chance of doing something stupid instead, they will take it.

MMG doesn't even know the difference between chaotic and pvp-armour and he's in charge. :mellow:

Well for one, it's uber crowded. Have you been in there before?

And two, back in 2007, there was a wilderness in every world.

Three, I don't know of Jagex's opinion on clans, but there are so many clans and only so little PvP worlds. That makes for a crashfest.

If you want the old wild in only a few worlds, why bother relocating those things at all? Why bother replacing Revs? It would still be the same. It's not like RWT doesn't exist ingame today, it's not like transferring cash can't be done, it's not like there's no bots, it's not like there's no hackers, and do you think the GE is perfect right now? Judging from posts about botting, I would guess there's still plenty of them in the game, and they've changed from being 3-5 to 100+.

I'm not the one trying to rationalise.

Staurolite.png

I don't think you really understand common courtesy. I genuinely HATE castle wars and quests, but if a poll came up about removing them i'd be indifferent as i understand that there are people who love that sort of content. If you didn't pk before the change, you shouldn't cry about wildy being dangerous. Don't be selfish about this, the game is not about you, it's about us.

I understand that if I'm supposed to be presenting a mature opinion I don't end it with 'shut your crack'. Wouldn't advise you say it to your boss when you disagree with whatever he's proving himself imcompetent in. Ever.

You guys seem to be under the impression that we want the game spoon-fed to us. I'd like the Wilderness to be dangerous as it's meant to be. To be honest, I'd remove the gravestones from the Wilderness whether PKing comes back or not - at the moment it's just a torched extention to Varrock that's easily accessible within 6 minutes. I'd also reform the Revenants so they truly are dangerous (giving them the ability to run would be an obvious start).

My main concern about PKing is the effect it would have on the RuneScape community. Yes, a lot of people left RuneScape when they removed PKing, and quite frankly, good riddance to bad rubbish. No one likes being trolled by some douche who thinks he's better than you because he killed you while you were defenceless, and now you've got to earn all your RC pouches back. Like me going onto the street now, beating up some old pensioner and laughing about stealing their purse - it doesn't prove anything and you're a pretty big jerk for doing it For different reasons, I feel the same about free trade. Yes, there are those who used free trade for constructive reasons (fletching guild for example) but there were also many more who abused it, and in doing so, created a two-tier system in RuneScape where those who can afford to in real life don't have to go through the same arduous money-making tasks the rest of us have to go through. In a competitive game (in which nearly every action we do posts some contribution to the hiscores and hence our rank) that cannot be tolerated by the game's developers of all people.

In short, reintroducing PKing and free trade has its benefits, but I thought I'd seen the back of those who want to ruin the game in 2007. Or at least I'd hoped the developers would want that to be the case, but after this U-turn and the way they've tried publicising it as a serious vote, my faith in Jagex is completely shot through.

i mentioned trying to get an interview with MMG, i may of secured one, but i doubt it will be done until the new years.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I think alot of opposition is coming from people who werent around pre-ge. I think free trade made the social aspects of the game actually...exsist. And I think that the old wildy should exsist on PVP worlds and then on non PVP worlds keep the revs. I think that'd solve alot of problems. But free trade is excellent. In the actual post jagex said "we have evolved in the way we combat Real World Trading". So, even if thats a lie and a miserable failure on their parts, at lest they accept the fact that they cant combat RWT anymore. And, I think free trade will fix the RS economy a little bit. I mean, no more junk trading and people actually bargaining for items will help make rares buyable. And it will stop rares from just dissapearing. If someone with a Phat decides to quit, at least they can give it away rather than let it rot in the G.E until the end of the world.

Geekoverlord.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Runescape has policies now?

archsupportei2.png

First barrows drop 12/12/08 - Aharims Robeskirt FTW XD

Well for one, it's uber crowded. Have you been in there before?

And two, back in 2007, there was a wilderness in every world.

Three, I don't know of Jagex's opinion on clans, but there are so many clans and only so little PvP worlds. That makes for a crashfest.

If you want the old wild in only a few worlds, why bother relocating those things at all? Why bother replacing Revs? It would still be the same. It's not like RWT doesn't exist ingame today, it's not like transferring cash can't be done, it's not like there's no bots, it's not like there's no hackers, and do you think the GE is perfect right now? Judging from posts about botting, I would guess there's still plenty of them in the game, and they've changed from being 3-5 to 100+.

I'm not the one trying to rationalise.

1. Yup, been there, over the ditch it is indeed crowded, rest of the place is +- deserted unless there is a clan event.

2. As far as I comprehend their current plan, they are taking away every possible reason for a non-pker to be in the wild, so why have a wild in every world? It's not like you can pk rc'ers or CB-farmers, those activities are being relocated.

3. If it would be as popular as you guys say it will be, they can increase the number of oldwild-worlds. (From what I've heard from the pk-clanworld crashing other clans is one of their favourite things :razz: )

4. See point two. True, why relocate things when they can make some oldwild-worlds and be over with. Seems like a lot less coding to me. Non-pkers are happy because their worlds stay the same, pkers get oldwild-worlds. + less coding means more time for them to spend on new updates

5. Numbers of hackers/RWT'ers/botters will increase, I never said there are none now. Only saying there will be a <bleep>load more.

6. Didn't say you were rationalising, I was thinking out loud, sorry. The people against this are getting this shuffed down their throat anyhow. Probably in the worst imagineable way.

... And I think that the old wildy should exsist on PVP worlds and then on non PVP worlds keep the revs. I think that'd solve alot of problems. ...

I could get behind this.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours