Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

Noone said it left entirely but this will make it worse. <- LOOK HERE

That's simply your opinion. We don't have enough information to say how things will play out either way.

Green dragon bots/pure ess bots/hunter bots/... are apparently so sofisticated nowadays they are undetectable.

Free trade means, errr... Like it says, free trade! You can transfer as much cash as you want in mere seconds.

No, not enough information indeed. :wall:

Still laughing at how you think people can't transfer cash nowadays. :wall:

Those bots always existed, and them transferring cash affects you in which way? I'm not for bots by any means, I think they're cheating, but if that's your only reason for thinking this update will be bad, you need to look at the bigger picture.

You're even quoting me, but didn't read it? Comeone. :wall:

Jagex policy was against ingame wealth reflecting wealth irl, now they're giving up.

Highlanders already said it much better than I ever can in another thread:

For young professionals making good salaries, RWT will be a no-brainer as their $/hour equals to more RS gold than even the best in-game money-making methods.

Achievements and items will no longer have any value as anyone will be able to simply cheat and buy them using their real-life wealth.

Rich people will now not only have bigger houses, better cars, faster boats, they will get to have a better account than you too.

This is what the removal of trade restrictions entails. This is not just fun wildy and liberty of trade.

It's not comparable at all. With free trade the quantity of RWT will be several times fold what we have now. It's like comparing a grenade to an atomic bomb and saying it's the same thing, that's silly.

The cost of gold will also change quite a bit. Transferring the RS gold right now is an arduous task, and the cost is higher because of that. With free trade, transferring wealth will be a breeze, and the cost of gold will go down, making it very appealing for wealthy people looking for a quick-way to their goals.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abbys and clues have always been in wildy.

I hope they wont relocate. It adds danger and danger makes prices go up.

Plus RC PKing is fun. :D

Counter-Rc pking wasn't so bad either ;)

Fear Figment had an awesome video where she ran around with a rune pick and once she got attacked, she would pull some ancient magicks and granite maul specs.

ive been looking for that video for years. Ty.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Man your so tough with your "stern words" lol. i know you post here alot and you think you know everything but really whats wrong with a skiller fighting to keep pkers away from the abyss? I think your taking this way to seriously. Didnt all the pkers riot when it got took away. I personally think it wild you wanted to respond that way. btw i could care less if they do this, im not a skiller

The thing that's wrong is that the abyss was DESIGNED to be dangerous. If you buy a car you want it to be able to drive, not swim. The reintroduction of wilderness will only reinstate that original design, so there is really nothing to cry about. Why am i taking this seriously? Because me playing the game or not largely depends on this. It's not about me not being able to runecraft, complete clues or do a few quests, it's about 70-90% of my gaming experience. How would the skillers feel if 90% of the content available to them was removed? Is it really so hard to make small sacrifices for the good of others, others that have been playing this game much longer and have alot more experience. PKing was what this game used to be about, and if you don't like it, there is really little reason to hate people who do like it.

I think it's very consistent to want opposite gaming communities to respect one another and for me to answer silly uneducated claims with some of my own. Not to mention taking quotes out of context...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Man your so tough with your "stern words" lol. i know you post here alot and you think you know everything but really whats wrong with a skiller fighting to keep pkers away from the abyss? I think your taking this way to seriously. Didnt all the pkers riot when it got took away. I personally think it wild you wanted to respond that way. btw i could care less if they do this, im not a skiller

What's wrong? The abyss was always intended to be dangerous. Hence the skulling, and prayer drain. And why it was released in the wilderness in the first place. The reward, fast(er) RCing, was well worth the risk. At the moment, there is almost zero risk. And it's just as boring as any other RCing, because there is no threat whatsoever. The PKers made it fun, believe it or not.

And besides, you can just BUY your pouches back now, no need to waste time killing abyssal creatures for them anymore.

im only saying that each person should be able to give thier point of view without someone telling then to shut up or quit crying. all the pkers did the same thing when it got took away.

Kjarqu.png

Why do people think the only reason people oppose it is due to them being some form of cry baby not wanting to die in the wilderness? Have your wilderness back for all I care.

The wilderness is the small fish in this update.

The true update is the impact it will have on the wider game. The economy will be in turmoil for months, we will have huge bugs, we will probably have months upon months of updates, delaying good worthwhile content, which are there to re-balance what has been unbalanced by this update, we will also be once again inundated with level 3 bots once more.

You say those opposing it are being selfish? Look at yourselves in the mirror. You are the ones changing something because you want it changed.

I'm also getting annoyed with how people think the game was good back then. Reality check. The game had major problems back with free trade. It won't bring balance to skills, those were ruined with skill capes, it won't bring balance to PVP, that has been ruined with high level gear. You won't be able to train any skill as not only will we have the skilling bots of the present, we will have the RWT bots of the past coming back in full force. Stop looking at the past as if it was some Mecca for gaming. You have to wonder if any of those who are voting for even played back then or wether they have been brainwashed into thinking the game was perfect by those who won't let go of the past.

Think of the wider consequences, stop just thinking 'I want pking back it was better than now!'.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Right, and did you read my post?

How do them transferring wealth affect you? They transfer stuff now, does that affect you?

Yup.

I'm proud of what I have achieved so far, so do many others I think with their account.

It is not fair that others (who RWT) don't have to work for their gp's. (well, not ingame :wink:)

This lessens the achievements of fair players.

+1 to "Danqazmlp" post above.

Personally, I think this whole deal is just an attempt to set some record or whatever (note the Guiness stamp of approval or whatever on the bottom of the voting page). Honestly, I think that Jagex would never undo what they have put so much time and energy into. Seriously, they have probably spent millions of dollars with the express purpose of dealing with the removal of the old wildy and free trade. Previous experience with Jagex has shown that they NEVER change updates that they have released, even when they are so horrible that almost the entire player base has been screaming "NO!!" at them. So why start now?

I am personally all for the change. If Jagex actually shows that they are willing to reverse their unpopular updates, then there may still be hope for Runescape in the long run. True, we may have to deal with some unpleasantness and uncertainty now, but I believe that in the long run it will ultimately make the game much stronger and more enjoyable for all.

"The things we wish for, they bind us. The things we need, they control us. But the things we make of our self, those things define us"

Badboy000345.png

Proud Quest Cape owner since July 18, 2010

The thing that's wrong is that the abyss was DESIGNED to be dangerous. If you buy a car you want it to be able to drive, not swim. The reintroduction of wilderness will only reinstate that original design, so there is really nothing to cry about. Why am i taking this seriously? Because me playing the game or not largely depends on this. It's not about me not being able to runecraft, complete clues or do a few quests, it's about 70-90% of my gaming experience. How would the skillers feel if 90% of the content available to them was removed? Is it really so hard to make small sacrifices for the good of others, others that have been playing this game much longer and have alot more experience. PKing was what this game used to be about, and if you don't like it, there is really little reason to hate people who do like it.

I think it's very consistent to want opposite gaming communities to respect one another and for me to answer silly uneducated claims with some of my own. Not to mention taking quotes out of context...

if i buy a car i want it to drive? if rs was a car, pking would be the turbo boost imo. i just dont like your attitude about the ppl who dont want it back like it was back then. i guess we should just bow to you and not have our own opinions. This game isnt just about combat.

btw love you frost dragon guide ;-)

Kjarqu.png

Based on the community's feedback, do you think these updates will be implemented?

i have concluded, solely based on the method by which this poll was introduced (i.e. a horribly biased sampling technique which could not possibly accurately reflect the true population), that jagex has already decided to do it and are just having the poll as a formality.

Yep. It's not really a poll, just a "Honk if you love cookies!"

Also thanks Methud and others for posting the transcript.

This really gets down to the morals of cheating versus the morals of being forced to throw away your life [1000's of hours] to access content you enjoy

Isn't life about throwing away your life (a job) to access content you enjoy?

im only saying that each person should be able to give thier point of view without someone telling then to shut up or quit crying. all the pkers did the same thing when it got took away.

Well I suppose a lot of people are upset because it seems like Jagex wants 90% of the community to be on board with this to go through with it... which obviously isn't going to happen. Trying to get 90% of any community on board with anything is nearly impossible, especially when the average age in the community is ~14-15.

Tif's poll seems to indicate that at least 70% ARE for it. Considering that Pkers were in the minority before the update and even now, I think any majority should be enough.

Though of course I'm just assuming Jagex wants 90%. I hope they'd settle for a 2/3 majority.

Based on the community's feedback, do you think these updates will be implemented?

I read below the poll saying, "Vote before Jan. 14th" so I'm assuming it might be somewhere around mid January

once the votes are tallied up and everything is settled.

if i buy a car i want it to drive? if rs was a car, pking would be the turbo boost imo. i just dont like your attitude about the ppl who dont want it back like it was back then. i guess we should just bow to you and not have our own opinions. This game isnt just about combat.

No offence but that was a terrible analogy.

Why do people think the only reason people oppose it is due to them being some form of cry baby not wanting to die in the wilderness? Have your wilderness back for all I care.

The wilderness is the small fish in this update.

The true update is the impact it will have on the wider game. The economy will be in turmoil for months, we will have huge bugs, we will probably have months upon months of updates, delaying good worthwhile content, which are there to re-balance what has been unbalanced by this update, we will also be once again inundated with level 3 bots once more.

You say those opposing it are being selfish? Look at yourselves in the mirror. You are the ones changing something because you want it changed.

I'm also getting annoyed with how people think the game was good back then. Reality check. The game had major problems back with free trade. It won't bring balance to skills, those were ruined with skill capes, it won't bring balance to PVP, that has been ruined with high level gear. You won't be able to train any skill as not only will we have the skilling bots of the present, we will have the RWT bots of the past coming back in full force. Stop looking at the past as if it was some Mecca for gaming. You have to wonder if any of those who are voting for even played back then or wether they have been brainwashed into thinking the game was perfect by those who won't let go of the past.

Think of the wider consequences, stop just thinking 'I want pking back it was better than now!'.

This reply would be a very good one IF free trade and pking was removed because of PK-ers. Unfortunately...

It wasn't. And you know who suffered because of it? The change took place for a reason, and if the reason doesn't apply anymore(as stated by jagex), why not bring it back? Because the re-change?

As for your speculation on the update(which you so elegantly put into the form of facts), they are speculation. The change wasn't very worrisome, and as we are not going into a new system, the change-back shouldn't be aswell. There are no clear signs of how this will turn up in the long run so it's just silly to factually state that a hundred thousand yew bots will be back just because.

So yes, this update might delay some new quests and such, but when you compare it to the rebirth of pking and staking, it's really nothing. People will be RETURNING to play this game, and that says alot. There aren't many updates with that sort of impact. This update would matter, and that's saying alot.

As for you dismissing the game as it was in 06-07, it was better. Why? Because there were different communities working as one. None of the problems you named about the 07 is what the update is looking to solve or are not present nowadays. If jagex says that they can deal with rwt/botting, why is everyone completely dismissing them? The update is supposed to fix the rare item community, reintroduce pking(which used to be >60% of all high level content) and staking(another 10% of high level content), and as far as i can tell, it'll achieve just that. PK-ers were the ones that got shafted because of the change, and now they are responsible for this turnback?

I think what you mean is that it isn't all about combat ANYMORE. It used to be mostly about combat in the past.

And thanks for the compliment :shades:

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

While I personally don't want this (well, actually, I wouldn't mind depending how they implement it), to those who are saying there will be floods of bots and RWTs: Honestly, why would Jagex do this unless they thought they could combat them? I don't think it'll be anywhere near as bad as you're saying.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

On the topic of the hoard of supposed bots that this update will create, Jagex said that just last month they received and instituted a new combatant system for bots and RWT. This was around the same time bots started to get reset, and those resets might have just been a trial run of this system. All in all, I trust Jagex, and if they say they can combat the problems, than I'm on board.

Almonds.png

What people over look is what jagex said.

They said they have ways of dealing with RWT better now. Mod MMG said that in his cc. Who knows if they can deal with them, we will find out

Jagex wouldn't give us the option to bring it back if they knew it would ruin there game would they?

What people over look is what jagex said.

They said they have ways of dealing with RWT better now. Mod MMG said that in his cc. Who knows if they can deal with them, we will find out

Jagex wouldn't give us the option to bring it back if they knew it would ruin there game would they?

Apparently Jagex recently posted a list of players with the most wealth (Alchemy wise), on the max total forums.

^

This is coming from the 200m in all skills forum.

So I'm thinking they maybe able to combat rwt through the value of your banks wealth.

Another point to bring up is that what If you would want to give an RS friend 1m, to help them get started or something. I've seen 99 videos where people were given pieces of bandos as a present.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Am i the one overlooking one small thing.

Say this does pass [which is highly doubtful

[i THOUGHT IT SAID THE MAJORITY THATS NOT 90% PERCENT]

Anyway First of all Junk is rendered useless since free trade is back right.

So all the stuff that was used as junk is gonna plummet hard.

Not that anyone cares about this of course but thats lost money right there.

Kingmickez25.png