Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

The wilderness was always supposed to be dangerous, so anyone complaining about it becoming dangerous again should just shut their cracks.

Are such manners a mandatory feature in those supporting PKers? Then you wonder why we don't want it back?

I don't think you really understand common courtesy. I genuinely HATE castle wars and quests, but if a poll came up about removing them i'd be indifferent as i understand that there are people who love that sort of content. If you didn't pk before the change, you shouldn't cry about wildy being dangerous. Don't be selfish about this, the game is not about you, it's about us.

I understand that if I'm supposed to be presenting a mature opinion I don't end it with 'shut your crack'. Wouldn't advise you say it to your boss when you disagree with whatever he's proving himself imcompetent in. Ever.

You guys seem to be under the impression that we want the game spoon-fed to us. I'd like the Wilderness to be dangerous as it's meant to be. To be honest, I'd remove the gravestones from the Wilderness whether PKing comes back or not - at the moment it's just a torched extention to Varrock that's easily accessible within 6 minutes. I'd also reform the Revenants so they truly are dangerous (giving them the ability to run would be an obvious start).

My main concern about PKing is the effect it would have on the RuneScape community. Yes, a lot of people left RuneScape when they removed PKing, and quite frankly, good riddance to bad rubbish. No one likes being trolled by some douche who thinks he's better than you because he killed you while you were defenceless, and now you've got to earn all your RC pouches back. Like me going onto the street now, beating up some old pensioner and laughing about stealing their purse - it doesn't prove anything and you're a pretty big jerk for doing it For different reasons, I feel the same about free trade. Yes, there are those who used free trade for constructive reasons (fletching guild for example) but there were also many more who abused it, and in doing so, created a two-tier system in RuneScape where those who can afford to in real life don't have to go through the same arduous money-making tasks the rest of us have to go through. In a competitive game (in which nearly every action we do posts some contribution to the hiscores and hence our rank) that cannot be tolerated by the game's developers of all people.

In short, reintroducing PKing and free trade has its benefits, but I thought I'd seen the back of those who want to ruin the game in 2007. Or at least I'd hoped the developers would want that to be the case, but after this U-turn and the way they've tried publicising it as a serious vote, my faith in Jagex is completely shot through.

Well, first of all, you're not his boss.

Now, you say you're concerned about the RuneScape community. Riiiiiight. So you think that all Pkers are scums, filth who taint the wonderful and tight community south of edgeville. Well can I tell you something, that's not true. There are pkers who are huge [wagon], but there are also others like that. There are also pkers who are very nice and helpful. I made many friends years ago when I used to PK alot. Some were from teammates I found in lvl 1 varrock, while others were players that I killed. Yes, I killed them! And they added me and said "hey you're pretty good, keep me added?"

You seem to be under the impression that the community is better without PvP. I'm not saying that pre 07 community was better, but I'm just saying you shouldn't stereotype people.

Also, RWT exists in game today just as much as it did back then, stop bringing that up as an example. People buy phats, high end spirit shields through RWT ALL THE TIME, which is still the two-tier system you describe.

Staurolite.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think alot of opposition is coming from people who werent around pre-ge. I think free trade made the social aspects of the game actually...exsist. And I think that the old wildy should exsist on PVP worlds and then on non PVP worlds keep the revs. I think that'd solve alot of problems. But free trade is excellent. In the actual post jagex said "we have evolved in the way we combat Real World Trading". So, even if thats a lie and a miserable failure on their parts, at lest they accept the fact that they cant combat RWT anymore. And, I think free trade will fix the RS economy a little bit. I mean, no more junk trading and people actually bargaining for items will help make rares buyable. And it will stop rares from just dissapearing. If someone with a Phat decides to quit, at least they can give it away rather than let it rot in the G.E until the end of the world.

I agree with you. Also a lot of people overlook the fact that Jagex stated they can combat RWT and bots better than they could years ago. Whether that is true or not, we will find out.

None of the people on these forums is my boss so i think i'm pretty safe on that. I also don't limit myself just to always be nice, and when i'm fed up with silly ''umg people abyss pk me when it's not nice'', i put it in stern words. I don't care if you like it.

As for your concern for the community, realistically, the community was much better three years ago so it really shouldn't be a problem. Back in those days we had both skilling and pking communities and they got along fine- people didn't stick their noses into places they weren't supposed to. Nowadays, as jagex effectively killed pking, skillers are more or less mocking pkers for not being able to play the game anymore. Just because jagex HAD to make this move doesn't mean it always should have remained this way. If you didn't pk, this update shouldn't cause strong opposition from you as it really benefits ALOT of people other than YOU.

Another thing to consider is the fact that if jagex isn't too concerned about the botting/rwt situation, why should all there uninformed skillers be? RWT-ing will come back? what a joke(it never left).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Yes, I get that people have the habit of going into the wilderness for certain activities, like clues, minigames. But there's a screenshot on pg 37 you should take a look at. Mod Mark says they are heavily considering relocating, and making changes to clue scrolls and RC PKing. Personally, I disagree with that, b/c I think clues were meant to be dangerous, but if the majority are upset over it, I wouldn't mind.

If they are taking away all possible reasons a non-pker would ever come to the wild, why not limit it to a few worlds where old wild is revived?

You can stil pk each other and loot everything they were wearing.

-> Transferring cash to a buddy/buyer on these heavily populated oldwild-worlds wouldn't be without risk.

-> no chance of messing up GE

-> less incentive to buy cash

-> less RWT means less botters

-> no free trade means less incentive for hackers

Why even bother trying to rationalise things... When Jagex has the chance of doing something stupid instead, they will take it.

MMG doesn't even know the difference between chaotic and pvp-armour and he's in charge. :mellow:

Well for one, it's uber crowded. Have you been in there before?

And two, back in 2007, there was a wilderness in every world.

Three, I don't know of Jagex's opinion on clans, but there are so many clans and only so little PvP worlds. That makes for a crashfest.

If you want the old wild in only a few worlds, why bother relocating those things at all? Why bother replacing Revs? It would still be the same. It's not like RWT doesn't exist ingame today, it's not like transferring cash can't be done, it's not like there's no bots, it's not like there's no hackers, and do you think the GE is perfect right now? Judging from posts about botting, I would guess there's still plenty of them in the game, and they've changed from being 3-5 to 100+.

I'm not the one trying to rationalise.

1. Yup, been there, over the ditch it is indeed crowded, rest of the place is +- deserted unless there is a clan event.

2. As far as I comprehend their current plan, they are taking away every possible reason for a non-pker to be in the wild, so why have a wild in every world? It's not like you can pk rc'ers or CB-farmers, those activities are being relocated.

3. If it would be as popular as you guys say it will be, they can increase the number of oldwild-worlds. (From what I've heard from the pk-clanworld crashing other clans is one of their favourite things :razz: )

4. See point two. True, why relocate things when they can make some oldwild-worlds and be over with. Seems like a lot less coding to me. Non-pkers are happy because their worlds stay the same, pkers get oldwild-worlds. + less coding means more time for them to spend on new updates

5. Numbers of hackers/RWT'ers/botters will increase, I never said there are none now. Only saying there will be a <bleep>load more.

6. Didn't say you were rationalising, I was thinking out loud, sorry. The people against this are getting this shuffed down their throat anyhow. Probably in the worst imagineable way.

Runecrafters were a fun pk target if you had nothing to do, in old wildy they had to run through the wildy.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

"The people against this are getting this shuffed down their throat anyhow. Probably in the worst imagineable way"

This reminded me of an event that happened in 2007.

Your getting warned, your getting an option to vote, your getting reasonable accommodations (minigames being moved, possibly moving clues/abyss aswell).

I think you'll live.

"The people against this are getting this shuffed down their throat anyhow. Probably in the worst imagineable way"

Your getting warned, your getting an option to vote, your getting reasonable accommodations (minigames being moved, possibly moving clues/abyss aswell).

I think you'll live.

Yeah, today they're saying that, correct.

Yesterday they said free trade would only be for veteran players.

I wonder what they will say tomorrow. :wink:

Another thing to consider is the fact that if jagex isn't too concerned about the botting/rwt situation, why should all there uninformed skillers be? RWT-ing will come back? what a joke(it never left).

For the last time...

Noone said it left entirely but this will make it worse.

Abbys and clues have always been in wildy.

I hope they wont relocate. It adds danger and danger makes prices go up.

Don't mention this to the newschool skillers. Still, i wonder, why do you get skulled and lose all prayer points when you enter the abyss? Or why clue locations are located at places like the axe hut or rune rocks? Very strange...

I think you'll live.

I really have to agree with this.

The prospect of free trade and the old wilderness being re-implemented is very exciting. I was never a PKer -- in fact, the first time I ever PK'd was the day PVP worlds came out, but I loved the way the "world" worked back then: skillers made stuff, PKers used the stuff, and everyone was [bleep]ing happy. Boss hunting used to be more of a niche thing rather than the be-all end-all of every high level player. I don't mind that at all, but it would be nice for the community to be more diverse.

2011 is gonna be a good year. I can feel it.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Yea exactly, they've always been in the wildy. They were introduced there (the coord clues, and abyss), with the intention of danger. They got it easy for 3 years and now the danger returns. No big deal.

Here are some thing you can do:

1. being pked on a RC run. Why don't you gear up and fight back? Don't just bend over and say, ok you can have my glory, i'll just hop worlds. Disguise yourself as a RCer and attack the RC pkers, rush them, they're always in mystic and that has little to no defense. A couple specs and they're dead.

2. Bring your clue, sextant, watch, and chart. And use a thing called Meerkats!! Iirc, meerkats can dig for you without getting a zammy wizard on you. Protect item and voila! nothing to lose. Plus, there's no joy in getting a kill without any loot.

Staurolite.png

they should keep the clue scrolls and abyss in the wildy! I shouldn't but for some reason i hate it when a level 3 is running around flaunting third age armour. add some sort of high level, high reward system into the game.

Don't be selfish about this, the game is not about you, it's about ME because I'm special.

I swear I've heard this before...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

There is no need to relocated anything in the wild, the game was fine 3 years ago with the same layout. And i really am getting aggrevated over how many people are worried that they will die in the wild now, did anyone ever tell that was the point of it and that you did not need to go there, or aleast bring all your items?

rocko510.png

99 Cooking Since 10/19/10|99 Magic Since 2/13/11|

Quest Cape Since April 2011

That's simply your opinion. We don't have enough information to say how things will play out either way.

Green dragon bots/pure ess bots/hunter bots/... are apparently so sofisticated nowadays they are undetectable.

Free trade means, errr... Like it says, free trade! You can transfer as much cash as you want in mere seconds.

No, not enough information indeed. :wall:

Don't be selfish about this, the game is not about you, it's about ME because I'm special.

I swear I've heard this before...

Yeah, but this really is about us. And i don't mean the community here. <3:

Oh, did you want to represent your opinion on this gol?

That's simply your opinion. We don't have enough information to say how things will play out either way.

Green dragon bots/pure ess bots/hunter bots/... are apparently so sofisticated nowadays they are undetectable.

Free trade means, errr... Like it says, free trade! You can transfer as much cash as you want in mere seconds.

No, not enough information indeed. :wall:

Still laughing at how you think people can't transfer cash nowadays. :wall:

Those bots always existed, and them transferring cash affects you in which way? I'm not for bots by any means, I think they're cheating, but if that's your only reason for thinking this update will be bad, you need to look at the bigger picture.

Staurolite.png

Plus RC PKing is fun. :D

Counter-Rc pking wasn't so bad either ;)

Fear Figment had an awesome video where she ran around with a rune pick and once she got attacked, she would pull some ancient magicks and granite maul specs.

I will put my boots on.

I will pass on down the corridor.

None of the people on these forums is my boss so i think i'm pretty safe on that. I also don't limit myself just to always be nice, and when i'm fed up with silly ''umg people abyss pk me when it's not nice'', i put it in stern words. I don't care if you like it.

As for your concern for the community, realistically, the community was much better three years ago so it really shouldn't be a problem. Back in those days we had both skilling and pking communities and they got along fine- people didn't stick their noses into places they weren't supposed to. Nowadays, as jagex effectively killed pking, skillers are more or less mocking pkers for not being able to play the game anymore. Just because jagex HAD to make this move doesn't mean it always should have remained this way. If you didn't pk, this update shouldn't cause strong opposition from you as it really benefits ALOT of people other than YOU.

Man your so tough with your "stern words" lol. i know you post here alot and you think you know everything but really whats wrong with a skiller fighting to keep pkers away from the abyss? I think your taking this way to seriously. Didnt all the pkers riot when it got took away. I personally think its wild you wanted to respond that way. btw i could care less if they do this, im not a skiller. Also i dont care if you like what i say so it should just end there.

Kjarqu.png

Man your so tough with your "stern words" lol. i know you post here alot and you think you know everything but really whats wrong with a skiller fighting to keep pkers away from the abyss? I think your taking this way to seriously. Didnt all the pkers riot when it got took away. I personally think it wild you wanted to respond that way. btw i could care less if they do this, im not a skiller

What's wrong? The abyss was always intended to be dangerous. Hence the skulling, and prayer drain. And why it was released in the wilderness in the first place. The reward, fast(er) RCing, was well worth the risk. At the moment, there is almost zero risk. And it's just as boring as any other RCing, because there is no threat whatsoever. The PKers made it fun, believe it or not.

And besides, you can just BUY your pouches back now, no need to waste time killing abyssal creatures for them anymore.