Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

Wilderness/Free Trade will be back. Love it or hate it.

I already voted YES! Along with all my other accounts/New accounts. Mad bro?

I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal - Eddie Guerrero.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure Will. I would assume that with pkers usually having numerous pures and secondaries, there would be larger number of players wanting yes with numerous accounts than those wanting no. To me though, it doesn't matter which side people vote as long as they do it legitimately. Just don't try to skew the votes. 1 person wants to vote yes, 1 person votes yes once. If not, we may as well go back to phase 1.

How foolish could you possibly be? As far as I am concerned, if you have multiple accounts you play on, you have a right to vote on each one, because this update will affect each one. Like Will said, for those who don't support the update, they are more than welcome to vote no multiple times. If there was any rule saying it was one vote per person, in lieu of account, maybe your argument would hold some form of validity. Fortunately for all the reasonable people, it does not.

That being said, I have voted three times.

Apparently the community isn't as divided as tip.it made it out to be. 89% of 107,436 people want the vote to pass. Now no one can complain about not being able to say no. :thumbup:

Well, I would argue that fansites like tipit are the 'educated' community and the mindless hoards of pures / children / noobs are just following the 'mob mentality' and going along with what everone else says without thinking about what would be best for the continuity of the game.

From what I've seen here and heard about similar polls on fansites, the 'educated' players seem to be 60% for, 40% against which is far from the "vast majority" Jagex was looking for.

I guess everyone should be considered part of the RS community. But even if you just look at RSOF, the people who use punctuation, capitals, sentence structure are generally agaisnt it and 'da ppl hu tak like dis' are for it. I'm talking in general, there are crossovers.

I guess this is the sort of community we get when most players are just 14 year old boys :rolleyes:

This poll is like a 1920s American election and its awesome. Dead people voting = never used accounts voting. Its official though, there are more votes for "yes" than the average amount of people on RS at any given moment.

wessan.png

I can live with all the pures and children voting, as long as I get free trade back. :mrgreen:

I weighed the pros and the cons before I voted yes. Most people don't believe the naysayers when they say bots will run rampant.

Low_C.png

So is it 100% that free trade will be back`? because i do not know what the word referendum means...

Yea, along with Wilderness.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

I can live with all the pures and children voting, as long as I get free trade back. :mrgreen:

I weighed the pros and the cons before I voted yes. Most people don't believe the naysayers when they say bots will run rampant.

Problem is, bots already are on level 120+ accounts. :P Just remember what happened with the new ditch.

I personally voted yes. To be honest, a mix of both worlds would be neat.

j0xPu5R.png

Apparently the community isn't as divided as tip.it made it out to be. 89% of 107,436 people want the vote to pass. Now no one can complain about not being able to say no. :thumbup:

Well, I would argue that fansites like tipit are the 'educated' community and the mindless hoards of pures / children / noobs are just following the 'mob mentality' and going along with what everone else says without thinking about what would be best for the continuity of the game.

From what I've seen here and heard about similar polls on fansites, the 'educated' players seem to be 60% for, 40% against which is far from the "vast majority" Jagex was looking for.

I guess everyone should be considered part of the RS community. But even if you just look at RSOF, the people who use punctuation, capitals, sentence structure are generally agaisnt it and 'da ppl hu tak like dis' are for it. I'm talking in general, there are crossovers.

I guess this is the sort of community we get when most players are just 14 year old boys :rolleyes:

Bro, it is incredibly rude of you to consider your part of the population any better than the other population. Before the updates in 07 I was part of several groups of PKing pures, and most of the community is highly intelligent. They just value different things than you do.

However, I guess I can't blame you for thinking that they are "stupid" or "immature". It is in human nature to call different cultures "less advanced" or "less intelligent". It happened when Europeans observed African culture, it happened when Americans observed Vietnamese culture, and it currently happens when hearing people observe Deaf culture. People look at these different cultures and think "Man, these people dont know anything! Theyre not as good as I am."

The PKing community thinks the same way about communities like tip.it, that we are immature, dont know what is good about the game, etc... It is a typical clash of cultures.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Bro, it is incredibly rude of you to consider your part of the population any better than the other population. Before the updates in 07 I was part of several groups of PKing pures, and most of the community is highly intelligent. They just value different things than you do.

However, I guess I can't blame you for thinking that they are "stupid" or "immature". It is in human nature to call different cultures "less advanced" or "less intelligent". It happened when Europeans observed African culture, it happened when Americans observed Vietnamese culture, and it currently happens when hearing people observe Deaf culture. People look at these different cultures and think "Man, these people dont know anything! Theyre not as good as I am."

The PKing community thinks the same way about communities like tip.it, that we are immature, dont know what is good about the game, etc... It is a typical clash of cultures.

Couldn't have said better or even equally for sure. Actually a post making sense. :thumbup:

I prefer to look on the bright side: looks like Ill have $60-70 to spend on something else next year. cool.gif

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Glad this went to a "referendum" instead of some ambiguous petition. I have no doubt this will get passed.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Macros_woodcutting.gif

Brings back memories

Actually you should go to Rimmington yews in a f2p world and count the bots. DEFINITELY MORE THAN IN 2007.

I went to Rimmington yews (which happens to be my favourite Yew cutting spot) in a f2p world and counted none.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

^Na... THats currently todays population of bots in certain locations. Been a massive increase in last 6 months especially. (edit, replying original poster =p)

After freetrade it more like this.

Good doomthinking, def. accurate to.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

-snipped-

Brings back memories

Actually you should go to Rimmington yews in a f2p world and count the bots. DEFINITELY MORE THAN IN 2007.

I went to Rimmington yews (which happens to be my favourite Yew cutting spot) in a f2p world and counted none.

...you have an obvious bot (is obvious) in your flippin signature. Don't tell me you don't see bots.

Go to green dragons and red chinchompa's and make a gif.

Then we can compare 2010 against 2007 bots.

It's not that one will replace the other, it's that now we will have both. Jagex have not shown us that they can deal with the bots now, how could they possibly deal with more bots when this update goes through?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^