Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

I really hope they dont bring back free trade.... It sucked you think merchants are bad now just wait. As far as the wild goes i dont miss it all it was people runnign away and clans. Let me remind those who played durring free trade and clue in those that didnt. Not only did you have to spend large amounts of time typing over and over again or posting on market place forums you often had to pay much more then the market value to the seller.

Merchanting was not a problem at all during free trade. Speaking from experience since I was a merchant pre-08, what a merchant bought or sold an item for didn't affect the accepted market price of that item. Unlike today, where every offer in the GE affects the price, and merch clans can buy out items to make them go up. Thus, because nobody was forced to pay the merchant's price and the community decided what the market price was, merchants were powerless to affect the economy, whether they had malicious intentions or not.

That being said, if the GE stays, it should have no restrictions on it. I would rather it not have a recommended price on it either, but I could live if it did. GE with limits though would defeat the entire purpose of having it in the game with free trade.

This.

Merchants became far more annoying when free trade was removed. Then it became about market manipulation. Before the Grand Exchange (and yes, I know it existed for half a month before free trade was removed), prices were fairly stable and didn't change much.

I don't know about you guys, but I remember it being easier to get my hands on new items when free trade existed. Right now you have to go through a lot of [cabbage] in order to get items because it's easier now for merchants to buy out items than it was in the past.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in 07 you believed jagex when they said (without any proof) that runescape would need to stop if free trade wasn't limited, didn't you? (BTW: the whole idea of wilderness removal was never a thing on it's own, it was only inevitable when free, player to player trade needed to be removed).

Why do people not believe jagex now when they say runescape CAN continue if free trade was implemented. (And face it: the removal of wildernes was a side effect that ought to be returned ASAP - they tried doing it with revenants but that failed. I have no respect or whatsoever for people who are playing to be a victim when going into the wilderness!)

It sounds so hypocritical.

Back then I could see all the bots and Jagex's inability to stop them. So I believed that removing wildy and free trade was a solution. Now - come oooon. Their anti-cheat system right now is pure bs. It might be better than the old one but the bots are far better then their "past selves".

In Soviet Runescape, updates vote for YOU!

Honestly this is just an annoyance for me: I doubt I'll be doing any more KBD slayer tasks, wildy clues will be a pain, and (Thank god I already have my qp cape) all the quests in the wildy will be more annoying than ever to complete. Meh, nothing lifechanging and I'll still play, but I prefer my gameplay free of other players attacking me (If I so choose to play that way).

I'm sorry you can't use the wild as a safe place to do your slayer tasks or commodity the KBD anymore. I'm sure the wild was meant to be a place to afk, grind, and skill like the rest of runescape.

Slayer tasks/KBD aren't in the wilderness. It helps to use examples that actually apply.

Most people who don't have access to kuradael would do their greater demon tasks in the volcano. Same with ankous.

Hey bro, how about wait and see where/if they relocate the monsters in the volcano, since they said they will be relocating A TON of stuff.

Honestly I'm hoping they get rid of the damn place, along with every other minigame/safe area in the middle of the wild. Otherwise it'd be a pretty nice pking spot for clans.

There was a 19 day period between the release of the grand exchange and the removal of free trade. During those 19 days free trade and the Ge coexisted. Why wouldn't it work again like it did then?

There was more time than that between the GE's release and the removal of free trade. The GE was released in the middle of October if I remember correctly, but free trade (for the vast majority**) wasn't abolished until the middle of January.

But you're right, it did work great together with free trade. The GE helps tremendously with being able to buy 'weird' items (ones the average person might not encounter every day) and with being able to buy a specific number of items. That's especially when dealing with small numbers of items. With free trade you'll probably only be able to easily get your items in multiples of 1k, 500 perhaps, if you can talk them into that. But do expect even numbers, because whoever you're buying it from more than likely will have an even number to sell.

So what item you're looking for and in what quantity is going to determine the most logical method for you to get your items from, either from the GE or via player trade.

**Brand new accounts created after the removal of the wilderness in mid December began the game with the trade limit. Everyone else was able to trade freely until mid-January.

Proud Gladiator

gladzorgrespected.png

http://www.runescape.com/wilderness

Phase 2: Referendum

The number of players who registered their name on the petition and the feedback in the forums and on fan sites has shown how passionate you are about this matter. The following referendum clarifies exactly what we propose to bring back, or not, based entirely on your votes. The referendum gives you the opportunity to vote "Yes" for the return of free trade & the wilderness, "I don't mind" either way or "No" to the proposal.

Please read through the following carefully and log in with your account to cast your vote as well as the option to see the results of the referendum.

About Free Trade:

* - Unrestricted Free Trade between players

* - Unlimited staking in the Duel Arena

* - The Grand Exchange would remain, but with the lower and upper price limits removed

* - Party Room drop restrictions removed

* - Item Lending still available

* - Assist System still available

* - LootShare and CoinShare still available

About the Wilderness:

* - The Wilderness becomes a rather dangerous area again and players can kill each other for their items

* - PVP, Bounty and Bounty +1 Worlds removed (game mechanics may be re-used in the future)

* - New objects that affect combat will be analysed on an individual basis

* - Gravestones will still be used outside of the Wilderness

* - Various PVP items and gear will still be available and wont become 'rares'

* - Revenants patrolling the Wilderness will be relocated

* - Content located in the Wilderness will be reviewed as follows:

o - Quests (e.g. Spirit of Summer) and Activities (e.g. Clan Wars) will be relocated

o - Other content (e.g. Treasure Trails, the Beacon Network and D&Ds) will be looked at on a case-by-case basis

Now the real vote comes, no more cheating on votes.

Vote for Yes!

Well it's still not good enough if you can just make an account and vote ... Anyways it looks like a crushing victory :blink: (I'd expect ~ ... 20% ... for no and don't care options combined)

Well, atleast it's better then not having to make a account.

It's definitely a representative vote. The only difference is max 1-2% .. and seeing the current percentage ... it's pretty much irrelevant. I may hate it if they bring it back, but at least I wont stop my membership now (I was ready to do it if the last vote was the deciding one ... I felt .. mocked)

Back in 07 you believed jagex when they said (without any proof) that runescape would need to stop if free trade wasn't limited, didn't you? (BTW: the whole idea of wilderness removal was never a thing on it's own, it was only inevitable when free, player to player trade needed to be removed).

Why do people not believe jagex now when they say runescape CAN continue if free trade was implemented. (And face it: the removal of wildernes was a side effect that ought to be returned ASAP - they tried doing it with revenants but that failed. I have no respect or whatsoever for people who are playing to be a victim when going into the wilderness!)

It sounds so hypocritical.

Back then I could see all the bots and Jagex's inability to stop them. So I believed that removing wildy and free trade was a solution. Now - come oooon. Their anti-cheat system right now is pure bs. It might be better than the old one but the bots are far better then their "past selves".

The reason was that runescape had to be shut down if credit card fraud continued.. - THAT is never proven & I find it highly suspectible (on top of that apart from the us, most people don't pay with credit cards and prefer other methods).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

The reason was that runescape had to be shut down if credit card fraud continued.. - THAT is never proven & I find it highly suspectible (on top of that apart from the us, most people don't pay with credit cards and prefer other methods).

I know why they removed them. I was ready to leave (NOW) if the last vote (PHASE 1) was the representative one because it was a mockery to all the players regardless of the position (yes/no).

Voted yes on 8 accounts(all pre 2007, by the way). Gud stuffs.

It's funny that every pker has many(and usually alot of) accounts as you pk-ed at different levels and so on. How many accounts do skillers have?

Hmm, why remove PVP worlds? I though that was something they brought back from classic, pking anywhere...

Yeah, they should definitely keep PVP worlds. I've always loved the idea of them.

Wasn't very popular and it wasn't there for a long time in classic. In classic, for a short while at the start, every world was essentially a pvp world.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I hope most of ppl will vote NO... bots will come back, also scamers, and rest of junk which games doesnt need..

Have fun getting your measly 10%. Also if you get scammed, you deserve it. I've only been scammed a few times during the four years I played Runescape. All of the times were a result of either blatant stupidity or putting too much trust into online friends. And this applies to everyone. Nobody worth their salt can say that they were scammed and it wasn't because they were being stupid or didn't do some research.

It's time that Jagex stops babying their players and turn Runescape into a lawless jungle where morons get scammed and people run the risk of getting PKed everytime they step foot into the wilderness, even if they're going hunting for green dragons or doing clue scrolls and quests.

Bots can't come back if they haven't left ...

Also, owned.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

It's pretty hard to get scammed. I was there in the days before the exclamation points and colored money; and even before then all it took was some patience.

Oh yeah, I did get scammed when I was a low level playing the "trust game", I lost my adamant platebody... I learned my lesson fast though, maybe it's a good life lesson for kids playing.

It's pretty hard to get scammed. I was there in the days before the exclamation points and colored money; and even before then all it took was some patience.

Oh yeah, I did get scammed when I was a low level playing the "trust game", I lost my adamant platebody... I learned my lesson fast though, maybe it's a good life lesson for kids playing.

It's not really about weather it's hard to not get scammed or not. The newschool people have been spoon-fed for so long that they can't even imagine picking up the spoon and shoving food down their throats. That's basically what all the whining is about.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.