Best melee exp p/h in game?

Andy

Unless it's changed, probably armoured zombies from the Defender of Varrock quest, under the chaos alter.

It's really boring grinding though, you could do slayer instead.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Armored zombies top at around 110k xp/hr but thats using all the best of everything (Salve/Turm/Exts/Void ect.) BUT i believe that zombies monkeys in the AA dung come in at around 175k xp/hr using dharoks/turm and all the best boosters however this method does cost a TON

Spikestr1ke.png

Even though AZs and monkeys might be faster, it's worth it in the long run to do slayer, which provides pretty good combat xp + good drops + slayer xp. However, the fastest xp I've heard of is dharoking the skeleton monkeys that you chin, with a salve and max gear apparently you can get 150k+ xp/hour.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/236737-zombiesskeletons-115k-exphour-better-than-monkey-zombies/

This guide shows that u can get 115k xp/hr but i know that i personally have gotten a minimum of 150k xp/hr in dharoks at low hp using salve ammy(e)

Spikestr1ke.png

http://forum.tip.it/topic/236737-zombiesskeletons-115k-exphour-better-than-monkey-zombies/

This guide shows that u can get 115k xp/hr but i know that i personally have gotten a minimum of 150k xp/hr in dharoks at low hp using salve ammy(e)

Salve (e) stacks with void. Would void + rapier be better than dharoks?

C1Geq.png

Yeah, dharok's really isn't that great.

lalalasig2.png

I would suppose it would although im not 100% as i dont have a crapier yet and cant test it.

EDIT: Rocked beat me to it :P

Spikestr1ke.png

Having 9 player in a combat arena and using the dragon 2H special attack over and over. Unless it was nerfed, otherwise this method trumps anything else.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Just do slayer. You will regret it later when you want to train slayer later and you already have maxed combat stats..

I realise this. Slayer is a skill I dislike more than anything, so I don't train it.

C1Geq.png

armourd zombies are fast and provide profit.

its a bit anoying though.

zombie monkeys are faster but cost more, not a lot though, its really just the cost of the prayer pots.

its the easyest way, requireing clicking a prayer pot every once and a while + renewing agresiveness. besides that you can afk it :blink:

undead gorilas, i think, are the fastest xp. but are more exspensive and a bit dangours. not to mention a pain to get too.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Having 9 player in a combat arena and using the dragon 2H special attack over and over. Unless it was nerfed, otherwise this method trumps anything else.

What.....?

The OP was looking for the fastest melee exp in the game. However impractical, this method, at least at one point, fit the bill. I'm not sure if the other user who responded to my post was serious or not.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

It really depends on what you want. If you want xp at all costs, you could try cannoning crawlers (ranged, melee, summoning xp and a large loss, ~one effigy per hour). Afk effigies would be black demons, or black dragons, but those probably require luring into a cannon to be any fast effigy-wise.

Skeletal monkeys don't drop effigies, that's why they are not as great as they were. Armoured zombies drop them, very rarely; same for LRC. AZs and LRC also drop some charms, and both have niceish noted drops.

I think Dharok's is around the same dps as void + rapier provided you bring a ko weapon (whip/rapier) or use a familar to finish low-health opponents. Of course you'd also have to train on something with rather high health, such as lrc.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Chaotic Rapier in Max Str with Iron Titan and overloads at Zombie Monkeys, with helm full of scrolls. Possibly with Dragon Claws too

Hellhounds with Karamja Gloves 4 in Max Str and Overloads, with Dragon Claws

Hellhounds? Don't you mean Wild Dogs, since that is what the karamja gloves pertain to?

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Chaotic Rapier in Max Str with Iron Titan and overloads at Zombie Monkeys, with helm full of scrolls. Possibly with Dragon Claws too

Hellhounds with Karamja Gloves 4 in Max Str and Overloads, with Dragon Claws

Hellhounds? Don't you mean Wild Dogs, since that is what the karamja gloves pertain to?

Ma bad

Living Rock Creatures give 4.5/4.6 combat xp per 10lp.

They have a huge number of hitpoints (So more opportunity to hit higher on them) and have basically no defence.

They are combat 120-140, so with an average of cb 130. This would place their effigy drop rate around 1/700 - 1/750 or so.

However I am unsure if the increase XP gain outweighs the Salve Ammy (e)'s bonus at AZ's.

Another nice place to train is the black demon resource dungeon. It's multicombat so you can use an iron titan. you receive good charms and will get an effigy every 3hrs or so (on average) also around 45k summoning xp (Crimson > gold > green >blue)

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Living Rock Creatures give 4.5/4.6 combat xp per 10lp.

They have a huge number of hitpoints (So more opportunity to hit higher on them) and have basically no defence.

They are combat 120-140, so with an average of cb 130. This would place their effigy drop rate around 1/700 - 1/750 or so.

However I am unsure if the increase XP gain outweighs the Salve Ammy (e)'s bonus at AZ's.

Another nice place to train is the black demon resource dungeon. It's multicombat so you can use an iron titan. you receive good charms and will get an effigy every 3hrs or so (on average) also around 45k summoning xp (Crimson > gold > green >blue)

They aren't undead, so no Salve Amulet (e)

I've heard that wild dogs are amazing fast too, Karamja 4 are supposed to give 2x damage against them. So like CR, ovl, turm on them is what is probably the fastest. I don't know though, it might not be worth it considering exp lost due to their low HP.

Also the bonus exp from LRC averages out to a bit over 13%, it's not very much compared to the salve (e) bonuses.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I've heard that wild dogs are amazing fast too, Karamja 4 are supposed to give 2x damage against them. So like CR, ovl, turm on them is what is probably the fastest. I don't know though, it might not be worth it considering exp lost due to their low HP.

Also the bonus exp from LRC averages out to a bit over 13%, it's not very much compared to the salve (e) bonuses.

Salve (e) is 20% attack and strength, but you lose fury and the added attack usually isn't much of an issue on training monsters anyway. 13% is huge considering that LRC have the lp they do, which really cuts down on death loss, allowing effective dharoking.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted