Free Trade What are you gonna buy.

kingmickez25

I think i speak for many when i say this, that the biggest problem with the trade limit and G.E prices was the price manipulators. If it wasn't for them, i think i would maybe vote yes for Free trade.

By the way, have anyone spotted Dueling auto spammers in G.E? PErhaps that's the new place to "scam" people like price manipulators scammed players.

...You know that free trade is going to SOLVE most problems we have with manipulation, right? Manipulation is caused by the GE price limits making it so damn easy and profitable- now that a manipulated item won't take several days to lose its false GE price and become normally tradable again, there's little incentive to operate a merch clan.

Now, instead we will see a group of "manipulators" set up shop at a specific item's spot and all collectively spam "SELLING X ITEM FOR Y GP MORE THAN EVERYONE ELSE." They'll drown out all the competition through numbers, and the competition will quickly sell their items because it will be cheaper and so soon everyone will have to pay the manipulators' prices. It's not viable long-term because they can't stay on all the time to keep the prices at what they spam, but it is a hell of a way to profit short-term.

Yes, this would be extremely effective if the people couldn't just walk to the GE and buy the item at a reasonable price there.

Hahaha, I forgot about that. ^^ When I remember pre-12/10, there was no GE.

td2sig.jpg

I have some cash, but I am not really sure what to buy. I already have a fury, berserker, whip, claws, and torags. I guess I could get some bandos...but now that I think about it I don't even combat that much anymore. Usually I skill and quest, which don't usually cost all that much (unless it's a buyable skill). But lately, I have been doing fishing, which doesn't really require anything...at all lol.

Big_Stingman.png

I have a few friends that have quit who will be giving me various rares, one being a white partyhat. I lost my white partyhat a long time ago off a friend that I trusted with wearing it. I got that from a cracker and it's always been my favorite item.

Beyond that I'll buy whatever my money can, gear wise. Torva and Pernix are things that come to mind.

I think i speak for many when i say this, that the biggest problem with the trade limit and G.E prices was the price manipulators. If it wasn't for them, i think i would maybe vote yes No for Free trade.

Correcting myself.

Ok...I've been out for a long while...what is this GE limit on the number of items you could purchase?

Limit to the number of certain items you can get every 4 hours, and that you can only sell something you just bought off the ge after 4 hours have passed.

Ex: you can only buy 100 battlestaffs and 100 of a certain herb seed every 4 hours.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

You know, except for Nex drops, Corp drops, obscenely rare TT rewards and just rare items, you can get almost everything from the GE anyways. Those items are so expensive anyways that it really won't matter to most players.

I also find it amusing how people think items will change price suddenly. AMG, PEOPLE CAN SELL WHIPS FOR 10M!@!@!@

Amg. I can try buying a whip for 500k. That doesn't mean whips will go down to 500k either.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Stuff I think are overpriced at the moment. Stuff I need. Stuff that manipulators screwed up. In conclusion, I'll buy stuff.

Not rares. Already have that. Although merchanting with them will be more fun, merchanting in general like old days will be fun. :mrgreen:

The things that will probably change most are items whose demand greatly exceeds supply (Nex drops, Divine/Ely, rares) and skilling supplies. I predict that d bones will fall quite a bit in the next few months as swarms of RWT-owned bots/farmers move in.

td2sig.jpg