Free Trade What are you gonna buy.

kingmickez25

So everyone is somewhat happy with this update.

How does this effect you personally.

Let me try to explain this the best i can.

before this update you were limited to buying a certain amount of battlestaffs making the best xp method for crafting hard to do.

With this update you can bulk up on battlestaff and make it easier to train..

everyone is happy with this update beacuse it doesnt limit them

basically runescape is still gonna be the same as if it had the limit just a bit more efficant

Kingmickez25.png

I imagine for something such at battlestaves, the GE limit will remain, and as currently the player to player trade portion will be unlimited. If there was a headline about Jagex also removing GE trade quantity limits, I'd like a link on that.

Personally, this will only be of use to me in cases of acquiring items for a slightly lower cost, and cutting the costs on skills such as Herblore.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I'm going to get into staking, I've been f2p/under 60cb 5/7 years Ive been playing, so I never got to explore the concept of member staking (don't even know if you could stake in F2P lol) which sounds amazing. I never wanted to do pking just because of the chance someone could forfeit the fight, wasting time.

So basically, I'm going to buy staking gear and supplies.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I never wanted to do pking just because of the chance someone could forfeit the fight, wasting time.

If you know the skills of pking you should brid and freeze your opponent in place. Then K0

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

I never wanted to do pking just because of the chance someone could forfeit the fight, wasting time.

If you know the skills of pking you should brid and freeze your opponent in place. Then K0

Most pking is vengance edgeville pking where only idiots/failers try and brid/pj people looting

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

~100k people aren't happy with it.

Personally, it doesn't do much for me. The top, say, 2% of players with a near unlimited money pile will be able to buy everything they need at once (with little to no buy limits, and at a higher than normal price) - leaving the average player at a bit of a disadvantage.

You do realize 9% of the voting population opposes this, right?

How does this effect you personally.

Let me try to explain this the best i can.

before this update you were limited to buying a certain amount of battlestaffs making the best xp method for crafting hard to do.

With this update you can bulk up on battlestaff and make it easier to train..

Trade Limits and GE Limits are two completely different things, it may be like you say or it may not, we don't know.

Not everyone would define happiness as complete limitlessness

basically runescape is still gonna be the same as if it had the limit just a bit more efficant

The limits haven't really affected me yet, so I could care less and will continue to buy what I always have; I think more of the hype is that people won't have to use junk to get street value for their rares anymore.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

This will not effect me at all, except for maybe when I do clues/KBD

(and I mean effect as in it won't change my playing style, obviously this update will technically effect me, it'll effect everyone in some way)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I would have prefered things to stay the same since I'm use to things how they are/I don't pk. So I voted no.

OT: I want to buy an ely considering they'll be a lot cheaper now. :) Still need the spare 200m-300m to buy one.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

I would like to buy an Ely if I had the resources, but I've never had over 200m cash. So I'll probably just enjoy being able to buy stuff when I want it and not having to suffer through "buy-out" phases where resources are impossibru to buy (like potions and food are right now <_<) .

FWIW, I am half-expecting Jagex to start selling their own gold when they re-release Free Trade and PKing in order to combat RWT. While I strongly disagree with this concept and believe it completely poisons an MMO's community, it's important to realize that even if Jagex set the bar as pathetically low as $1/M, it would still take hundreds of dollars to acquire any of the top-end items, especially accounting for the inflation that doing something like this would bring. So this really wouldn't result in "rwt products" aka noobs who are rich because they bought all their elite items from Jagex. And yes, I know they said they would NEVER start selling their own gold, but they also said they would NEVER bring back Free Trade/PKing. Jagex's words have no veracity to me anymore.

td2sig.jpg

Rwt can't and never will be stopped they might as well just give in and sell gold themselves lol.

There's people on certain rwt sites with enough rs cash to make someone hide in a corner and cry, it'll never run out.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Other MMO's are selling gold to their customers as well. I don't like the idea of it but level 80's are walking around with d claws and godswords anyway.

This game is unusual for an MMO in that your combat ability doesn't correlate very well with how much money you have, since it's so heavily based on non-combat skills. Your logic doesn't follow.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Other MMO's are selling gold to their customers as well. I don't like the idea of it but level 80's are walking around with d claws and godswords anyway.

But that's my point. It wouldn't really be a problem, because to get a fully-outfitted setup of the best gear, you'd need to shell out over a hundred bucks (or several hundred, if you wanted spirit shields or Torva), even if Jagex set the bar as low as $1USD per mil. Other than the people who use their parents' cards without permission, I don't see many people being able to convince their parents to shell out over a hundred bucks for RSGP.

td2sig.jpg

I think i speak for many when i say this, that the biggest problem with the trade limit and G.E prices was the price manipulators. If it wasn't for them, i think i would maybe vote yes for Free trade.

By the way, have anyone spotted Dueling auto spammers in G.E? PErhaps that's the new place to "scam" people like price manipulators scammed players.

I think i speak for many when i say this, that the biggest problem with the trade limit and G.E prices was the price manipulators. If it wasn't for them, i think i would maybe vote yes for Free trade.

By the way, have anyone spotted Dueling auto spammers in G.E? PErhaps that's the new place to "scam" people like price manipulators scammed players.

...You know that free trade is going to SOLVE most problems we have with manipulation, right? Manipulation is caused by the GE price limits making it so damn easy and profitable- now that a manipulated item won't take several days to lose its false GE price and become normally tradable again, there's little incentive to operate a merch clan.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

...You know that free trade is going to SOLVE most problems we have with manipulation, right? Manipulation is caused by the GE price limits making it so damn easy and profitable- now that a manipulated item won't take several days to lose its false GE price and become normally tradable again, there's little incentive to operate a merch clan.

Now, instead we will see a group of "manipulators" set up shop at a specific item's spot and all collectively spam "SELLING X ITEM FOR Y GP MORE THAN EVERYONE ELSE." They'll drown out all the competition through numbers, and the competition will quickly sell their items because it will be cheaper and so soon everyone will have to pay the manipulators' prices. It's not viable long-term because they can't stay on all the time to keep the prices at what they spam, but it is a hell of a way to profit short-term.

td2sig.jpg

Now, instead we will see a group of "manipulators" set up shop at a specific item's spot and all collectively spam "SELLING X ITEM FOR Y GP MORE THAN EVERYONE ELSE." They'll drown out all the competition through numbers, and the competition will quickly sell their items because it will be cheaper and so soon everyone will have to pay the manipulators' prices. It's not viable long-term because they can't stay on all the time to keep the prices at what they spam, but it is a hell of a way to profit short-term.

Yes, this would be extremely effective if the people couldn't just walk to the GE and buy the item at a reasonable price there.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png