Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

• 2 weeks later...

those whom obtain level 99 on any skill for F2Pers, they absolutely deserve the Cape Of Achievement, I don't care if they didn't pay to get members, if you get any skill to 99 there, that cape should be yours, and it annoys me that it isn't there.

as well being able to switch capes of achievements in f2p.

Rucky.png

I am P2P, but I disagree with any free to play member having forum access. You can have f2p access with 30m exp. This is reasonable as otherwise you could get gold farming companies advertising on the forums and people making multiple accounts to manipulate others on the forums. I think that to have access as f2p you need to have atleast played the game for a bit and contribute.

I am P2P, but I disagree with any free to play member having forum access. You can have f2p access with 30m exp. This is reasonable as otherwise you could get gold farming companies advertising on the forums and people making multiple accounts to manipulate others on the forums. I think that to have access as f2p you need to have atleast played the game for a bit and contribute.

Actually, you just need 12.5M F2P overall exp. People have only been asking about forum access before the 12.5M requirement was put into place.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Rune halberds and crossbows would be awesome in ftp..

Halberds are pretty much 2hes with added range, which doesn't really help much in F2P...

And crossbows might overpower range. I'm not 100% sure though, since they are also slow weapons.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

• 2 weeks later...

f2p should have green dragons lol, its easy to kill one in full rune and a rune scimitar

So basically, F2P should have green dragons because they could be killed? Got any other amazing reasons why this would be a good idea?

f2p should have green dragons lol, its easy to kill one in full rune and a rune scimitar

So basically, F2P should have green dragons because they could be killed? Got any other amazing reasons why this would be a good idea?

Yes. F2P are the basis for the Runescape enconomy. There ARE other free games out there, and more all the time. If F2P does not become more attractive, F2P players will go elsewhere (more than they are now).

I really can't see the harm in giving F2P some green dragons in the wildy. Firstly the wildy is 99% useless for non members, whereas its only 95% useless for members. Thsi would even out the utility a little bit. Second, with Revenants floating about, and F2P equipment being what it is, it'd be really dangerous, so it wouldn't be an overpowered moneymaking method. Completing dragon slayer would be a requirement (in fact it should be a requirement for members too, but that's a different topic)

Yes. F2P are the basis for the Runescape enconomy. There ARE other free games out there, and more all the time. If F2P does not become more attractive, F2P players will go elsewhere (more than they are now).

No, F2P are not the basis for the Runescape economy. Consider the top fifty most traded items. Of them, here are the following items produced by F2P, in decreasing traffic:

Fire Runes - primarily gathered by P2P slayers, not F2P runecrafters

Feathers - primarily gathered from NPCs

Willow Logs - granted F2P is the primary supplier of this item which is used as JUNK

Air Runes - F2P is the primary supplier

Water Runes - primarily gathered from NPCs

Mind Runes - primarily gathered by P2P from barrows.

Earth Runes - primarily gathered from NPCs

Rune Essence - gathered by and used only by F2P; note that the amount traded is 25% that of pure essence and is half as valuable

Coal - although some is mined by F2P, the majority is gathered by P2P from LRC and MTK

Body Runes - gathered by F2P

Iron Arrows - gathered by F2P from stores and minotaurs

Raw/cooked Lobster - primarily gathered by F2P

Raw/cooked Tuna - primarily gathered by P2P from MTK

Yew Logs - primarily gathered by F2P

Iron Ore - primarily gathered by F2P

Gold Ore - some is gathered by F2P, much more is gathered by P2P from LRC

Raw Trout - gathered by F2P and P2P fishers

Oak Logs - primarily gathered by F2P

Gold Bars - primarily produced by P2P goldsmiths

As you can see, F2P is only involved in less than 40% of the most traded items. Then when you consider only the items that F2P is actually the primary supplier of, that figure drops to under 20%. Add to this that members items are much more valuable and you see that F2P contributes a small share to Runescapes would-be GDP.

Yes, adding something to F2P would help increase interest. First off let me say that this is not an issue, as F2P usage has been rising. Secondly, these additions have happened (e.g. duel arena) and will happen (e.g. new skill). This is simply not an issue.

I really can't see the harm in giving F2P some green dragons in the wildy. Firstly the wildy is 99% useless for non members, whereas its only 95% useless for members. Thsi would even out the utility a little bit.

Do I even need to play the "members play more" card?

Second, with Revenants floating about, and F2P equipment being what it is, it'd be really dangerous, so it wouldn't be an overpowered moneymaking method. Completing dragon slayer would be a requirement (in fact it should be a requirement for members too, but that's a different topic)

Revenants are a joke and are not dangerous. Even if you somehow manage to die you have a gravestone to protect your items. This is evidenced by members consistently wearing their best items to kill green dragons. It would be very over powered. No risk; enormous reward. Wearing F2P gear I can easily rack up 500k profit an hour at green dragons, which is double the average F2P hourly income.

Add to this the fact that you'd have to make dragon bones and hides F2P and you have one unsavoury situation.

I'm for the most part anti-F2P but I'd agree to give green dragons (including dragon bones AND hides) to the F2Pers. Even though a mod stated that they're not going to make F2Pers resource gatherers for P2Pers I'd completely love that. Dragon Bones are hella expensive and it'd be nice to have the price lowered via lots of F2P mules. Lol.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I'm for the most part anti-F2P but I'd agree to give green dragons (including dragon bones AND hides) to the F2Pers. Even though a mod stated that they're not going to make F2Pers resource gatherers for P2Pers I'd completely love that. Dragon Bones are hella expensive and it'd be nice to have the price lowered via lots of F2P mules. Lol.

Or have hordes of F2P merching mules buying out d bones to make their price go sky-high and annoy people like you.

;)

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

That's exactly what will happen. What you'll learn in due time is to expect the absolute worst from the community, and you'll never be wrong.

Why can''t f2p have quick ways for leveling!! I've been years leveling my mining and I still suck! (the same happens to me with fishing, cooking, woodcutting, firemaking, crafting rang...)

I mean, if a f2p proposes to power level they can power level, but a f2p can't level up as fast as a p2p power leveler.

/\ /\ /\

|| || ||

Limit line of the post.

No need to read this.

Why can''t f2p have quick ways for leveling!! I've been years leveling my mining and I still suck! (the same happens to me with fishing, cooking, woodcutting, firemaking, crafting rang...)

I mean, if a f2p proposes to power level they can power level, but a f2p can't level up as fast as a p2p power leveler.

That's because you're not training efficiently. Those skills are faster exp than you think.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

That's because you're not training efficiently. Those skills are faster exp than you think.

No, what I mean is that, there are lots of minigames that help to level really quick some skills. Like the penguin seek and hide, and other minigames that I still don't know. Because I know that it's posible to level quick, but anyway for members is still easier to level.

/\ /\ /\

|| || ||

Limit line of the post.

No need to read this.

No, what I mean is that, there are lots of minigames that help to level really quick some skills. Like the penguin seek and hide, and other minigames that I still don't know. Because I know that it's posible to level quick, but anyway for members is still easier to level.

To a certain degree, it should be faster for them. It's a benefit of members. And the skills you mentioned aren't that slow to level, anyway. Other than range for me, but that's a totally different reason.

The only skill I see that could use an express lane is Runecrafting. Although it has one now, even in F2P.

I'm not an f2p player, but i have accounts that are and i wonder, WHY CAN'T F2P PLAYERS HAVE FLETCHING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? They have runecrafting (even though its very limited), so why no fletching?

By the way, my total lvl is 1325 and my fletching level is 82.

Svaac.png

Svaac.png

I'm not an f2p player, but i have accounts that are and i wonder, WHY CAN'T F2P PLAYERS HAVE FLETCHING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? They have runecrafting (even though its very limited), so why no fletching?

Probably because it's a benefit of being a member, just guessing here.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

The new skill will be ftp so look forward to that I would say..

But why does it have to be? I mean, we can make our own melee gear, our own runes... why not our arrows/bows (or even just arrows)?

I'm not saying F2P SHOULD get it, but I do think it makes more sense for them to have it (from a non-financial point of view, at least).

But why does it have to be? I mean, we can make our own melee gear, our own runes... why not our arrows/bows (or even just arrows)?

I'm not saying F2P SHOULD get it, but I do think it makes more sense for them to have it (from a non-financial point of view, at least).

Oh well, at least fletching is a noob skill so not many people will really care if it's given anyway.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Although I was a Member for 2+ years, I think that a few things should be straightened out between F2Pers and P2Pers:

1. The excuse "Because F2Pers don't pay" isn't really that true, have you noticed that in the past, Jagex may release something Members only, and then in the future...F2P is allowed the feature? Well, this is because Jagex wants to let Members get to use the content first. It's like a "Ticket to the Front of the Line" Pass...you get the content before everyone else if you pay for it.

2. F2P SHOULD either have the F2P Skill Capes since getting 99 in a Skill from purely F2P methods is MUCH more work than P2P must put in, OR F2P should be able to do something similar to Right-Clicking the Skill in which they have 99 in and beable to perform the emote. I like option 2 better since then it leaves the point of the cape in the game.

3. Aren't Bronze-Rune Items F2P aswell as P2P? Shouldn't this mean that F2P should get to use ALL Rune Items?? F2Pers are shorted on Rune Items such as Halberds, Claws, Spears, and Arrows. F2P should get to use the Rune Items that are a step ahead of what they have. Although I don't think that Rune Crossbows and Botls are right since F2P is only allowed the lowest level C'Bow there is along with only bronze bolts. Also Yew Longbows, F2P can cut the logs, but they can't use a Bow made from the Material. I find that Jagex cuts short a LOT of materials of Runescape to F2Pers and should let all things that link together, be together.

4. F2Pers are able to use objects available to Members, but they are unable to obtain the items. This brings me to Maple logs. F2Pers are able to burn them and buy them, but they don't have access to obtain them themselves. Maple logs aren't even a drop from a SINGLE Monster in F2P. This leads me to my 5th and final point.

5. F2Pers have not a single moster that they can consider a 'Boss Monser'. Members have Corporeal Beast, K'ril Tsutsaroth, Commander Zilyana, General Graador, Kree'Arra, King Black Dragon, Kalphite Queen, Giant Mole, Tormented Demons, Chaos Elemental, TzTok-Jad, and Dagannoth Prime, Rex, and Supreme. That's a whopping 14 Boss Monsters!! a 0:14 ratio is terrible. F2P deserves a relatively high-level Boss Monster. Something that can be solo'ed by the high level F2P and defeated by a group of lower leveled players.

EDIT: 6. Members have Minigames with rewards that grant XP, whether it's good or bad XP, it's still Minigames that F2Pers haven't got. F2P is much more boring than most will think, F2Pers deserve ONE or two Minigames that offer XP rewards. Continuous clicking gets highly boring after a long period of F2P Training.

This brings me to the end of my Semi-Rant on F2P content, and again...the reason that F2Pers don't Pay, is a terrible excuse that too many greedy Members use.

Thank you..

Edited by iPKUnNoobs

[spoiler=Iz Bud]

Iz_Bud.png

99 Cooking Achieved 3-16-10

Iz_Bud.png

[spoiler=iPK UnNoobs]IPK_UnNoobs.png

Coming Soon!!