Primal - Whats the point?

Wkw

This doesn't only apply to primal armor, but all T11 armor, celestial and sagittarian included.

Jagex designed the T11 armor to look unique. And it does look unique. It is rare, and it is the best period..

But, being so rare and only available from dungeon bosses, most people only ever bind two of the pieces. A weapon, and possibly a plateshield when they reach level 100.

Whats the point of them making a whole slew of armor that is only ever seen in use by NPCS that quite often die quickly, and that is mainly used in promotional artwork, when you will only ever have at most, two or three of them? You'll NEVER wear the entire set of primal/celestial/sagittarian/

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never know if quests may allow additional item binds over time. Whether that's realistic, who knows. But I do agree on certain primal equipment to be rather redundant.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

there's no real excuse, if Jagex wanted players to have a set, make a full set what 2 pieces of the armour currently have and let it all be bound that way its balanced, it does seem a shame, gauntlets/boots will never be used, and very rarely legs will be

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

there's no real excuse, if Jagex wanted players to have a set, make a full set what 2 pieces of the armour currently have and let it all be bound that way its balanced, it does seem a shame, gauntlets/boots will never be used, and very rarely legs will be

On top of that the helm will never see use at all. Who would take that over a hood?

At least the hood sorta matches with primal.

First of all, primal equipments aren't rare. In a 5:5 large team, you are almost guaranteed a tier 11 equipment.

There is a point in primal armour, just like promethium, gorgonite, etc. You always want the best bang for your buck

and seeing as almost everyone who dungs have 99 cb stats, its a necessity to get primal first, and then

promethium if you cannot get one yet. You cannot wear a full set of primal armor because that'll just ruin the

whole purpose of mining and smithing armour. Nobodys even going to bind gloves &

boots anyways because there are other items that are more recommended than a simple tier 11 equipment.

But, what is the point of a primal hatchet?

It has one use; to cut logs. Why even design it if nobody will NEVER use it. Period.

But, what is the point of a primal hatchet?

It has one use; to cut logs. Why even design it if nobody will NEVER use it. Period.

Um, to have t11 versions of all equipment I guess? I agree, most of the t11 stuff will virtually never get bound. Weapon/plate, possibles legs will, that's it.

Although if we ever got lots of binds, you might just end up seeing full sets. Like if binds existed every 25 levels. At 120, that's a full bind of all armour and a weapon. And you never know, always possible some weird skiller will bind a t11 hatchet/pickaxe lol.

I think the reason it was made was for some element of completion. So that the complete set of every item exists all the way from t1 to t11.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Out of all the useless armor sets in this game(read: most of them), you chose primal, which is actually useful? damn. Also, primal isn't only used by players but npc-s too, so that's a thing you should consider aswell.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I think the existence of the armor is justified for the atmosphere it brings to the game.

There exists a set of armor that is both the best statwise, and looks cool.

You could just have only a primal platebody, and no other primal items.

All the tier 11 warriors could wear promethium everything except for primal platebody.

And maybe jagex could change the graphics for the primal plate so it looks nice with full promethium or something.

And functionally, the game would play the same.

But it takes away a sort of feeling of completion and epic-ness of a game.

Video games are all about atmosphere anyways.

What makes God of War different from other Hack and Slash games?

God of war makes you feel epic, others, less so.

God of war has better atmosphere.

What's the difference between Mourning's End 2 and Elemental Workshop?

Both have you solving very annoying puzzles.

One has you solving puzzles for a reward you know to be a giant troll (the body body)

The other has you solving puzzles in a long abandoned temple, while being hounded by man eating shadows.

Functionally, they're similar. But one *feels* better to play through.

if a animating a complete set of armor can buy that feeling of epicness, then it is justified even if the player will not use it.

Naaxi.png

I'm pretty sure when jagex made dungeoneering, they didn't forsee EVERYBODY with a hood and weapon, maybe a body at higher levels.

When jagex made the skill, I'm pretty sure they thought players would actually bind different items, actually specialize themselves. They probably thought an ideal team would consist of a ranger, mager, a meleer or two and skiller. Each binding their own respective items.

Obviously that isn't what has happened, jagex overlooked the usefulness and uselessness of items, such as the hood compared to armor. Players found they were able to complete dungeons faster and with greater ease just wearing a hood and powering through with a good melee weapon.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I'm pretty sure when jagex made dungeoneering, they didn't forsee EVERYBODY with a hood and weapon, maybe a body at higher levels.

When jagex made the skill, I'm pretty sure they thought players would actually bind different items, actually specialize themselves. They probably thought an ideal team would consist of a ranger, mager, a meleer or two and skiller. Each binding their own respective items.

Obviously that isn't what has happened, jagex overlooked the usefulness and uselessness of items, such as the hood compared to armor. Players found they were able to complete dungeons faster and with greater ease just wearing a hood and powering through with a good melee weapon.

jagex sucks at metagaming :P

Naaxi.png

exactly, they thought (just like every other update), that they would actually be used to great extent.

Only a few times have they been right (like herblore habitat)

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

It isn't useful if you can only use one piece of it.

Many people with 120 dungeoneering bind primal 2h, plate and legs. (Please don't use the 'but most players...' card) Im pretty sure that's more than 1. Low level skillers bind primal pick and hatchet, so those items are being used, not just as much as the most popular ones. And I've seen primal maul being used by pures who have low attack level.

Not all of them are useful though, but I don't really see it as a problem.

A_Kekek.png

Most of the weapons get used at some point or another. A few players who're starting their dg career used dagger/rapier, higher players use b-axe/2h/spear...Only one that really messed up was longsword, and that was completely broken with the rings update.

As for the armor, yeah...don't know many people who bind the boots.

Jagex was beating the threads on forum asking for complete primal setups (I'm looking at you Dragon Kiteshield)

Many people with 120 dungeoneering bind primal 2h, plate and legs. (Please don't use the 'but most players...' card) Im pretty sure that's more than 1. Low level skillers bind primal pick and hatchet, so those items are being used, not just as much as the most popular ones. And I've seen primal maul being used by pures who have low attack level.

Somewhat offtopic, but I find the armor combination of plate+ legs rather questionable...not only does plate + legs give insignificant bonuses over plate (due to diminishing returns) but it has next to noe use for non keyers. Since nearly everyone has a hood, 50% of the time you're not even under attack. I personally have a hexhunter bound and do fine keying with no armor as well.

ZMFg2.jpg

exactly, they thought (just like every other update), that they would actually be used to great extent.

Um, except for the farming potions, how particularly useful are the rest? Particularly, say, the wc/mining potion. /Offtopic.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Then they shouldn't design something to look "epic"

In this game, you play by the numbers. The reason you see boss hunters in the same gear because that gives you the best numbers.

Sure something may look cool, but you want the best numbers so you can get more numbers. Primal helmet may look good, but its numbers are less then a shadow hood.

If you ask someone what herbs they should farm, you are going to tell them the best one to do for money. The best numbers to do to get more numbers.

Um, except for the farming potions, how particularly useful are the rest? Particularly, say, the wc/mining potion. /Offtopic.

Both the mining and woodcutting potion make power mining/woodcutting less painfull, since you can have the guy bank your logs/ores on the spot, without moving from the rock/tree...although for wc, you'd be better off at Ivy.

Other then the potions, the place itself is amazing hunter experience, giving almost double the original best gave, while also providing real uses.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Somewhat offtopic, but I find the armor combination of plate+ legs rather questionable...not only does plate + legs give insignificant bonuses over plate (due to diminishing returns) but it has next to noe use for non keyers. Since nearly everyone has a hood, 50% of the time you're not even under attack. I personally have a hexhunter bound and do fine keying with no armor as well.

But you can't really choose between hexhunter and legs. I've like 102M dungeoneering xp and have never got a hexhunter bow drop even though I've seen 30-40 soulgazers. Bneck may be good with its str bonus? Yeah dunno, not planning to continue dungeoneering after 120 at least in the near future.

A_Kekek.png

Then they shouldn't design something to look "epic"

It's a valid point, but i'm very much confused about you complaining about armor made for looks with superior stats, when there are like 5.3 million different sets of rune in this game. That's basically what they do.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.