Banishing the Revenants 27-Jan-2011

B_Ryan20

Because they want to be edgy, cynical, and non-conforming.

I'll try to attend. Though, I usually forget events unless I write it directly on my wallpaper.

It's supposed to be a game. This kind of stuff makes it more fun. Well done, Jagex.

So just because Jagex makes a event where they take us to hunt Revs, it's "Well done, Jagex"? That's not fun a event to me. I can and HAVE done that by my own. And i have owned 12 Revs at ONE Star at highest wildy, and waited for more to arrive...

The least admistrators of Runescape can do is make a unique event, not something we could do by ourself. For example spawning LOADS revs in 4 spots in Wilderness. Like how "Hati" wolf has 3 spawns.

And make the spawns come in "waves" like Fight cave. Building up the number of revs as u go higher.

NOW THAT'S A EVENT.

Someone contact Jagex immediately! Dire Wolf doesn't find their new event fun, thus it really must not be fun!

If you don't think it's fun, don't go and move on you little baby

yes.png

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh. Kinda lame, I think. I might go if I'm not busy today but meh...

Knowing me I'll find a Rev Dragon and die because of the massive lag.

They could but odds are they are working on all the proper game updates and as shown in the past (zombiefest thing) and the cryptic cluefests content mods host (zombiefest) or are part of and post parts of (cluefest) the events.

This event currently only has links to community mods.

That's cool. But i do hope that programmers work with community team in future. Because if they do, the scale of how fun the event can be will go from 2-4 , to 7-9. (10 scale)

To ZaPs:

1) If you wanna find strongest Rev, just RC and one or two Rev dragons will appear quite often.

2) Remember to wear Salve amulet (e) = 20% att and str on Revs, and Jennicas ring (improved chance of better drops - probably slim but worth using).

I like it. In all likelihood I won't participate because community events aren't that interesting to me, but I think it's a great idea. It's better than opening the front page and seeing "Revenants moved to new dungeon." At least we know how they were moved. I will say it sounds like Jagex is trying to create a sense of nostalgia for newer players by giving them one-time events like this.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I'll try to attend. Though, I usually forget events unless I write it directly on my wallpaper.

It's supposed to be a game. This kind of stuff makes it more fun. Well done, Jagex.

thumbs down from me.

When other games do community events, it's not uncommon to see some game updates along with it.

Would it have taken the community management Jmods to tell the dev team:

"HEY could you tweak drop list of revenants just for 1 day?"

"Could you make a tiny little area where a bunch of revenants spawn for us?"

I bet something like that would have taken 1 developer a whole of 5 seconds to do, if that.

But nope.

I see no true initiative here. This event just reeks of laziness from Jagex.

Naaxi.png

A bit gimmicky but sounds fun either way. I might go.

Also all Jmods can summon whatever whenever, right? I'm sure they don't need devs to help them magic up some revs wherever they want. I presume there's just some sort of godmode code they'll type.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

What a lame attempt at community building.

Will there be another commemorative T-shirt for this special weekend?

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Cute, I'll probably Stop by and see the wilderness before its ruined.

I'd love to have an event next week where its "smack the efficiency clown with the rubber chicken of reality" day.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

So just because Jagex makes a event where they take us to hunt Revs, it's "Well done, Jagex"? That's not fun a event to me. I can and HAVE done that by my own. And i have owned 12 Revs at ONE Star at highest wildy, and waited for more to arrive...

The least admistrators of Runescape can do is make a unique event, not something we could do by ourself. For example spawning LOADS revs in 4 spots in Wilderness. Like how "Hati" wolf has 3 spawns.

And make the spawns come in "waves" like Fight cave. Building up the number of revs as u go higher.

NOW THAT'S A EVENT.

AN event.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

NOW THAT'S A EVENT.

Someone contact Jagex immediately! Dire Wolf doesn't find their new event fun, thus it really must not be fun!

If you don't think it's fun, don't go and move on you little baby

Congratulations! Your Trolling level is now 65.

You can now Flame other users.

td2sig.jpg

I do not understand the negativity towards Jagex organising events like this. They are simply trying to be a presence in the community and bring the Runescape community together. You will find that that is something which will be pursued greatly this year (community involvement). It is a positive thing and I for one commend their efforts.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I do not understand the negativity towards Jagex organising events like this. They are simply trying to be a presence in the community and bring the Runescape community together. You will find that that is something which will be pursued greatly this year (community involvement). It is a positive thing and I for one commend their efforts.

they're pursuing it half heartedly.

From my understanding, other MMO's have community events that are much more well thought out.

Jagex community events are NEVER anything more than a few community managers logging into their Jmod accounts and playing with some scapers.

other games have actual events.

they go through the trouble to code minigames.

Provide certain rewards for coming to the event.

would you invite someone to a party then expect them to pay for their share of the food?

when you hold a community event, the host is expected to put some incentives out.

Put simply, this event fails to demonstrate common courtesy.

Naaxi.png

they're pursuing it half heartedly.

From my understanding, other MMO's have community events that are much more well thought out.

Jagex community events are NEVER anything more than a few community managers logging into their Jmod accounts and playing with some scapers.

they go through the trouble to code minigames.

Provide certain rewards for coming to the event.

It's as if Jagex is inviting you to a party and expecting you to pay for your share of the food.

I don't see it that way at all, however you are entitled to your opinion. Not everything has to be about rewards and acquiring things as far as I am concerned. If it doesn't sound fun to you, or anyone else, those individuals will not attend. For those who think it sounds like a good time, they will go, and likely enjoy themselves. It's win-win really. People who don't want to go don't have to, and can go grind skills or try to accumulate coins during that time. Those who want to go, will go.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I don't see it that way at all, however you are entitled to your opinion. Not everything has to be about rewards and acquiring things as far as I am concerned. If it doesn't sound fun to you, or anyone else, those individuals will not attend. For those who think it sounds like a good time, they will go, and likely enjoy themselves. It's win-win really. People who don't want to go don't have to, and can go grind skills or try to accumulate coins during that time. Those who want to go, will go.

I didn't say it had to be about reward.

I said Jagex showed a complete lack of effort.

like when blizzard hold community events, they take the time to say, program a simon says minigame just for the event.

Even that's an incentive, because it's fun, even if it doesn't give a tangible in game reward.

Jagex did nothing of the sort.

They're just horrendously lazy.

Naaxi.png

Best discusser in this topic goes to :

Grimy bunyip

You say the things better than i could. And Rachya i assume Jmods can summon revs and so on, but if they can 1) why don't they do that? if they can't 2) Why don't they ask developers to help them a little?

I understand the developers have work involving main updates, but if your gonna "Banish the revenants", at least do it with a blast. So that people will remember from a 2 years from now and say "Yeah, it was really fun!".

I REALLY would come if they did Rev spawns. And i don't care about the rewards. I just don't wanna go looking for Revs with Jagex moderators who could instead spawn the revs in 4 spots.

But i will end it with this:

Next time Community team, WORK with the developers. That's constructive critism.

The event could have been so awesome. :-# :-#

Jagex should just quit updating and trying to hold community events, then no one will have anything to [bleep] about.

Or they could hire developers who can work with community management team. Fun events>More players play game>More cash comes in.

Has the event even been held yet? How do you guys know that they won't spawn rev's? Or are you guys just going by what others have said about the Community Events.

Please let us know if the event will be special (rev spawns or similar). Because then i would really like to join. :thumbsup:

Has the event even been held yet? How do you guys know that they won't spawn rev's? Or are you guys just going by what others have said about the Community Events.

just based on our past history with Jagex, they don't do these kinds of things.

last time I heard of Jmods tinkering in game, was mod Paul running around the map like a crazed lunatic spawning easter eggs whenever he found a few lone players in the middle of nowhere.

and god knows how long ago that was.

Naaxi.png

I have to agree. People think Jagex does nothing special compared to other companies? Psh, such a fallacy. Maybe compared to Blizzard, but they have a huge budget which means they can dedicate many more staff, as well as not having many staff tied up in weekly updates who can be diverted to making new content for an event.

I promise you, go to a majority of MMO's and they won't even have a community team or staff members doing anything in the game. Many of them who do try at events do things very similar to Runescape, but very very rarely anything more.

Jagex are doing their best to play with the community within their budget and timeframes. If they didn't think they were doing as good as they can, they would try something else. Just because an event isn't for you, doesn't mean it isn't for others. Considering a majority of this forum's voices (but not readers) are higher level players who will rarely get involved in events which don't give rewards, you can't expect a positive reaction here.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Then what about...

Easter?

Christmas?

Halloween?

Thanksgiving?

Recent Hati Wolf thing?

Cryptic Clue Fest?

Faruqs Tools?

Little less effort, but still planned:

First day of spring

Jagex Clan Cup