Abyssal Demons about to get better?

Goldenjkered

The Behind the Scenes for Febuary indicates that monsters that drop ashes will be getting an update. Ashes will act like bones once the update is released, and give a certain amount of prayer xp. Obviously things like Imps and lower leveled ash dropping creatures will give the same xp as normal bones, but what about higher level demons? From the BTS it looks like Black Demons and Nechs are going to drop something akin to Dragon Bones, but they do not mention Abby Demons, so I'm assuming they'll be the same. One thing that may make or break this update, is the fact that using altars is not mentioned, meaning Dragon Bones and Frosts will still be the best prayer training in the game if you can't use the updated ashes on a Gilded Altar.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't say anything about alters no, but it does say they can be used on the ectofuntus without grinding the ash or putting it into pots, which makes it A LOT faster... Depending on the xp rates, it might even be better than a gilded alter, which is already worse exp than the ectofuntus, its just a lot faster. If its even close to comparable to dragon bones on a gilded alter, I might be tempted to use them.

It doesn't say anything about alters no, but it does say they can be used on the ectofuntus without grinding the ash or putting it into pots, which makes it A LOT faster... Depending on the xp rates, it might even be better than a gilded alter, which is already worse exp than the ectofuntus, its just a lot faster. If its even close to comparable to dragon bones on a gilded alter, I might be tempted to use them.

Ecto's main downfall is timing.

If you are remotely good at making money you can make around twice as much gp as you save by doing ecto in the extra time it takes.

But no grinding culd see it being v good for ashes.

Afterall with teleports (duel ring n ectophial) + agility shortcut grabbing plasm doesn't take long at all and nor does offering it up.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Definitely looking forward to this update. I have black demons blocked atm but would consider unlocking if the ash exp is good. Depending on the exp I might start taking a yak to greaters and will definitely be taking one to nechs and abbys.

Ectofuntus is slow for bones but remember with ash you don't need to do any grinding. I have a feeling I'll be seeing a lot more people in port phasmatys in the future.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

One that interests me is whether or not the ashes will be made stackable.... I can't really see many people picking ashes up if they're not. Just the sheer logistics of an abyssal or nech task.... if you wanted the ashes the best way would be to yak bank them; but then you lose healing (not a big deal to some people, but I like my health) and don't forget you'd need between 1 and 250 yak scrolls per task. If they make them stackable it'll finally give ecto something that could rival bones. If they don't they people'll will just be "meh" and no one will buy on ge and no one will pick up.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

One that interests me is whether or not the ashes will be made stackable.... I can't really see many people picking ashes up if they're not. Just the sheer logistics of an abyssal or nech task.... if you wanted the ashes the best way would be to yak bank them; but then you lose healing (not a big deal to some people, but I like my health) and don't forget you'd need between 1 and 250 yak scrolls per task. If they make them stackable it'll finally give ecto something that could rival ashes. If they don't they people'll will just be "meh" and no one will buy on ge and no one will pick up.

A one click, buyable 95/99/200m..? I think you're on to something!

Sumondskull6.png

One that interests me is whether or not the ashes will be made stackable.... I can't really see many people picking ashes up if they're not. Just the sheer logistics of an abyssal or nech task.... if you wanted the ashes the best way would be to yak bank them; but then you lose healing (not a big deal to some people, but I like my health) and don't forget you'd need between 1 and 250 yak scrolls per task. If they make them stackable it'll finally give ecto something that could rival ashes. If they don't they people'll will just be "meh" and no one will buy on ge and no one will pick up.

You'd still need the plasm to offer the ashes, but I don't think they'll be stackable, especially if they become remotely close to D bones in terms of prayer exp.

And to Ezakton; banking the ashes without a yak won't take a lot of effort. Duel ring + fero ring already works great for blue dragons and abby demons are only 2 rooms furhter into the dungeon. I think a lot of people will opt for quickly banking them if it adds 250-500k profit to a task.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

assuming you ecto stackable ashes, that leaves you with enough invy space to do 27 worships at the ectofuntus before you run out of ectoplasm, and since ectoplasm is untradeable, you can't really use a beast of burden. So unless the ashes are a nice bit more exp than d bones/dag bones/frost d bones, it's going to be much slower than gilded altar in the long run. Perhaps it would be of use to 1-summ stakers but that's a very niche use.

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

I think the likelihood of ashes being stackable are between slim and none.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Can you currently tell the difference between ashes from NPCs and ashes from firemaking? No?

That says to me that this update will involve new ashes and that stockpiling current ashes is fruitless (unless you really think that burning logs will be a new indirect source of prayer XP).

I see this update making certain slayer assignments a bit more attractive, but nothing revolutionary.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

You'd still need the plasm to offer the ashes, but I don't think they'll be stackable, especially if they become remotely close to D bones in terms of prayer exp.

And to Ezakton; banking the ashes without a yak won't take a lot of effort. Duel ring + fero ring already works great for blue dragons and abby demons are only 2 rooms furhter into the dungeon. I think a lot of people will opt for quickly banking them if it adds 250-500k profit to a task.

I fail to see why picking up ashes (assuming they r good prayer xp like on par with d bones which they shuld be level wise really) is gonna be any more of a hassle than when you do it for dragons?

Sure it'll make certain task require more banking, but for the money and/or xp is it not worth it? Afterall ppl bank lots of dragon tasks to get the bones

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah I expect the bonecrusher to work with those, either as is or with a buyable upgrade. They could also release another device to act like it for ashes... but I would prefer not to use up a bank spot for that.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

This should make f2pers filthy rich, seeing as most of the 90+ ones kill greaters for xp...

We don't have any confirmation about the ashed being any good yet, let alone if they are worth much. In all likelihood, as they might/should not be alterable, they'll be slow prayer xp(ecto is still atleast twice as slow as altar, around 4 times slower if the ashes don't stack), as the lowest monster droping the highest level ashes is extremely easy and fast to kill(nechryael, easier to kill than any dragons), they'll likely award similar/lower standard xp than dragon bones, which would put their price at around 2-2.5k each, not enough to make most players care much about them. Greater/lesser demon bones should be comparable to baby dragon ones, which wouldn't make anyone anywhere close to rich. Sorry for being a buzzkill, but i don't see this update having the whole scale impact everyone else sees.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

This should make f2pers filthy rich, seeing as most of the 90+ ones kill greaters for xp...

We don't have any confirmation about the ashed being any good yet, let alone if they are worth much. In all likelihood, as they might/should not be alterable, they'll be slow prayer xp(ecto is still atleast twice as slow as altar, around 4 times slower if the ashes don't stack), as the lowest monster droping the highest level ashes is extremely easy and fast to kill(nechryael, easier to kill than any dragons), they'll likely award similar/lower standard xp than dragon bones, which would put their price at around 2-2.5k each, not enough to make most players care much about them. Greater/lesser demon bones should be comparable to baby dragon ones, which wouldn't make anyone anywhere close to rich. Sorry for being a buzzkill, but i don't see this update having the whole scale impact everyone else sees.

2-2.5k per greater demon will be revolutionary in f2p. Expect god armour to rise if this happens.

Castle of Zoltar

2-2.5k per greater demon will be revolutionary in f2p. Expect god armour to rise if this happens.

I would have thought that Greater and Lesser Demons would drop something similar to big bones rather than dragon bones, so nothing over 1k's worth.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

I fail to see why picking up ashes (assuming they r good prayer xp like on par with d bones which they shuld be level wise really) is gonna be any more of a hassle than when you do it for dragons?

Sure it'll make certain task require more banking, but for the money and/or xp is it not worth it? Afterall ppl bank lots of dragon tasks to get the bones

The things that you two (Sano and Sy) forget is the fact of inventories and what people do to speed up tasks.

A general inventory a slayer will use for blue dragons is:

Super/Ext Attack and Strength

Some food/EE/EEE

Pouch for a BOB

1 Click tele.

That gives you a lot of space both in your inventory and BOB. The healing is covered easy enough in 8 pieces of food or so for a longish trip (obviously I yak bank and put bones in my yak which results in me lasting about 15 mins until I need to bank from a full yak with no special left).

Steels and Irons both take a long time to kill and the tasks get assigned up to what? 150? I generally normally get 120 max's on steels and such but anyways, the logistics of a typical melee inventory:

Super/Ext Att and Str

2 Super/Normal Antifire pot

8 Prayer pots (to maintain piety and protection prayer)

BoB Pouch

1 Click Tele

Alching Runes.

For abyssal demons (now you'll pick holes in what I'm saying as this is personal set up) I use:

Ext Att

Ext Str

Pony Scrolls

Holy Wrench

1 Click Tele

Alching Runes

17 Prayer potions

Because I piety my task. At least I kinda need a bunyip, but I prefer the flexible healing of a unicorn.

Now comparing Abyssals to dragons is already a bit foolish due to the nature that for Blues they hardly hit hard and as I mentioned 8 pieces of food and you're sorted. Irons and Steels you melee pray. Abyssals you should have a yip even with good defence gear and EE because you're not praying all the time and they can occassionally get a string of hits on you. So why would people vote for a BoB over quick healing for a task?

And then again from an efficieny point of view, I currently piety nechs and abyssals, so you're telling me that for me to do my task, I need to take extra food (extra cost), less prayer pots and bank all the time from getting the ashes?

^ For any high level efficent slayer I think that is a big ask and one I personally don't think that Jagex can get away with as it would be the slayers the bring the ashes into the game mostly. It's just the pure logistics of the matter would change a lot of slayer set ups and if the ashes were not stackable, then it would be a few weeks of people doing abyssal demons tasks before going "y'know what? Bugger it, I can't be bothered" and just doing the task in 1 or 2 runs like normal.

This'll either be a well executed update with Jagex knowing to make them stackable for an easy life, or they'll enjoy a grace period of 2 weeks and then go to something that only f2p will collect wilst P2P go back to normal slaying.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I won't disagree with your setup, it's similar for mine at abby demons. :thumbup: However, there are still a lot of people who don't piety/turm entire tasks so there you already have a significant group of people that will have the inventory space and BoB available (when you switch the healing from uni to (E)EE).

On top of that group, there will also be players who are now praying all task who will switch to the 'banking method' because there are now 100% drops worth picking up. This is reason that people (without a yak) don't turm/piety entire blue dragon tasks in the first place.

I agree that it may not be the most efficient way to train slayer for maxed players and I probably won't be banking the ashes on task either. There will be a lot of players who will bank them and a lot of players who won't, there're just a lot of players that are training slayer and not all of them have efficiency as their top priority or are training it for money.

And as a side note; banking the ashes might just be the more efficient option of the 2, depending on the price of the ashes. Abby demons don't hit that much so additional food costs aren't that high compared to uni scrolls and you'll save a bundle on prayer pots if you bank using house teleports after each inventory.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.