Abyssal Demons about to get better?

Goldenjkered

at higher levels, the damage output of abbys is really pathetic. eee can almost totaly cover me when im maging in ah and zammy book, and soulsplit covers the rest. in melee armor its completely laughable. if abby ashes are somewhat close to d bones, ill probably bank them :thumbup:

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should make f2pers filthy rich, seeing as most of the 90+ ones kill greaters for xp...

Aren't all F2P greaters in the wilderness now?

they allways have been in f2p, afaik.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

^ For any high level efficent slayer I think that is a big ask and one I personally don't think that Jagex can get away with as it would be the slayers the bring the ashes into the game mostly. It's just the pure logistics of the matter would change a lot of slayer set ups and if the ashes were not stackable, then it would be a few weeks of people doing abyssal demons tasks before going "y'know what? Bugger it, I can't be bothered" and just doing the task in 1 or 2 runs like normal.

A high level slayer would use winter storage scrolls on them and heal with soul split if they're actually worth picking up

I don't think the same could be said for people who do TDs though

This should make f2pers filthy rich, seeing as most of the 90+ ones kill greaters for xp...

We don't have any confirmation about the ashed being any good yet, let alone if they are worth much. In all likelihood, as they might/should not be alterable, they'll be slow prayer xp(ecto is still atleast twice as slow as altar, around 4 times slower if the ashes don't stack), as the lowest monster droping the highest level ashes is extremely easy and fast to kill(nechryael, easier to kill than any dragons), they'll likely award similar/lower standard xp than dragon bones, which would put their price at around 2-2.5k each, not enough to make most players care much about them. Greater/lesser demon bones should be comparable to baby dragon ones, which wouldn't make anyone anywhere close to rich. Sorry for being a buzzkill, but i don't see this update having the whole scale impact everyone else sees.

2-2.5k per greater demon will be revolutionary in f2p. Expect god armour to rise if this happens.

Can you read? 2-2.5k per nechryael/abyssal demon. Lesser/greater ashes shouldn't be more than 1k. And well, as f2p can too merchant, this isn't even near revolutionary.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

One that interests me is whether or not the ashes will be made stackable.... I can't really see many people picking ashes up if they're not. Just the sheer logistics of an abyssal or nech task.... if you wanted the ashes the best way would be to yak bank them; but then you lose healing (not a big deal to some people, but I like my health) and don't forget you'd need between 1 and 250 yak scrolls per task. If they make them stackable it'll finally give ecto something that could rival bones. If they don't they people'll will just be "meh" and no one will buy on ge and no one will pick up.

Why would they be stackable? Bones aren't stackable.

I look forward to this as, I have plenty of buckets I could fill with ectoslime or whatever its called. :D

35b9enp.jpg

The argument of the CURRENT method for fighting abbys efficiently is relevant.

If dragons didn't drop dragon bones I'm sure there'd be a similar max efficiency setup for them; but they do drop bones and the bones are valauble therefore setups are tweaked to balance the profit making and the killing speed.

If abbys ashes r valuable a new efficient setup will come into being, making if viable to collect ashes and kill at a reasonable rate.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't know about you guys but I do bank on blue dragon tasks and piety the whole task without needing prayer potions and using a BoB :unsure: Only increases task time by roughly 10 minutes or so while increasing profits a lot.

Any who...

There is no way Jagex would make them stackable. Ordinary ashes are not stackable neither are any sort of bones. I can see them upgrading the prayer necklaces from dungeoneering to include the ashes and hopefully upgrade the bonecrusher to use them as well...hopefully.

I could see the ashes converting to 4, 20, and 50 prayer xp respectively so it won't be super dramatic but an extra 50*200= 10,000 prayer xp per abby task wouldn't be too bad...or x4 for 40,000. Unless my numbers are wrong here.

Ectofunctus was cool back in the day and hopefully the tokens increase your cool lvl :shades:

soulthresher.png

One that interests me is whether or not the ashes will be made stackable.... I can't really see many people picking ashes up if they're not. Just the sheer logistics of an abyssal or nech task.... if you wanted the ashes the best way would be to yak bank them; but then you lose healing (not a big deal to some people, but I like my health) and don't forget you'd need between 1 and 250 yak scrolls per task. If they make them stackable it'll finally give ecto something that could rival ashes. If they don't they people'll will just be "meh" and no one will buy on ge and no one will pick up.

A one click, buyable 95/99/200m..? I think you're on to something!

You'd still need the plasm to offer the ashes, but I don't think they'll be stackable, especially if they become remotely close to D bones in terms of prayer exp.

And to Ezakton; banking the ashes without a yak won't take a lot of effort. Duel ring + fero ring already works great for blue dragons and abby demons are only 2 rooms furhter into the dungeon. I think a lot of people will opt for quickly banking them if it adds 250-500k profit to a task.

I fail to see why picking up ashes (assuming they r good prayer xp like on par with d bones which they shuld be level wise really) is gonna be any more of a hassle than when you do it for dragons?

Sure it'll make certain task require more banking, but for the money and/or xp is it not worth it? Afterall ppl bank lots of dragon tasks to get the bones

For abyssal demons (now you'll pick holes in what I'm saying as this is personal set up) I use:

Ext Att

Ext Str

Pony Scrolls

Holy Wrench

1 Click Tele

Alching Runes

17 Prayer potions

Because I piety my task. At least I kinda need a bunyip, but I prefer the flexible healing of a unicorn.

Now comparing Abyssals to dragons is already a bit foolish due to the nature that for Blues they hardly hit hard and as I mentioned 8 pieces of food and you're sorted. Irons and Steels you melee pray. Abyssals you should have a yip even with good defence gear and EE because you're not praying all the time and they can occassionally get a string of hits on you. So why would people vote for a BoB over quick healing for a task?

And then again from an efficieny point of view, I currently piety nechs and abyssals, so you're telling me that for me to do my task, I need to take extra food (extra cost), less prayer pots and bank all the time from getting the ashes?

^ For any high level efficent slayer I think that is a big ask and one I personally don't think that Jagex can get away with as it would be the slayers the bring the ashes into the game mostly. It's just the pure logistics of the matter would change a lot of slayer set ups and if the ashes were not stackable, then it would be a few weeks of people doing abyssal demons tasks before going "y'know what? Bugger it, I can't be bothered" and just doing the task in 1 or 2 runs like normal.

You forget that if you take a yak you can take food in your yak if needed. I turmoil all my tasks, and hence, soul split if needed. However in a whole task of ~200 abby demons, i'd only need to eat maybe 5-6 food, and tuna at that. (if i didn't soul split). And then for you to bring up "efficiency". Lol. Any efficient slayer will not have to bank on an abby demon task, even if they banked the ash. Furthermore, if they DID bank, an "efficient" slayer can bank & get back to abby demons in about 30 seconds. Fero ring -> agility shortcut x 2. Also, if you're using SEVENTEEN prayer pots on one abby demon task yet only taking ONE ext attack/strength, something's wrong.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

The argument of the CURRENT method for fighting abbys efficiently is relevant.

If dragons didn't drop dragon bones I'm sure there'd be a similar max efficiency setup for them; but they do drop bones and the bones are valauble therefore setups are tweaked to balance the profit making and the killing speed.

If abbys ashes r valuable a new efficient setup will come into being, making if viable to collect ashes and kill at a reasonable rate.

yak

it is already the best familiar for abyssals, and will still be the best after ashes update

inb4 the ashes are only 15 prayer xp

You forget that if you take a yak you can take food in your yak if needed. I turmoil all my tasks, and hence, soul split if needed. However in a whole task of ~200 abby demons, i'd only need to eat maybe 5-6 food, and tuna at that. (if i didn't soul split). And then for you to bring up "efficiency". Lol. Any efficient slayer will not have to bank on an abby demon task, even if they banked the ash. Furthermore, if they DID bank, an "efficient" slayer can bank & get back to abby demons in about 30 seconds. Fero ring -> agility shortcut x 2. Also, if you're using SEVENTEEN prayer pots on one abby demon task yet only taking ONE ext attack/strength, something's wrong.

It's not efficient to train agility ;)

You can also be an efficient slayer without a yak, don't get your expectations too high :rolleyes:

But yea, most of the people talking about banking the ashes are people with Yaks/Ferocious rings in mind. Even without the short cut...it should only take about 45 seconds to bank and get back.

Assuming the ashes are tradable, I am very much looking forward to the extra profit from abbys, and even black demons, which I might switch to cannoning at taverly so I can use yak (as opposed to steel titan at chaos) I think I'll still titan nechs in chaos though...since there's no place to cannon them, and killing them at slayer tower would just take to long (for my tastes at least)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

That says to me that this update will involve new ashes and that stockpiling current ashes is fruitless

Don't tell the merch clans that, we want them to spend all their money buying our ashes! :P

Personally, I think that anything's good - More ways to get pray xp ought to make training pray cheaper, at least.

Taylor_Swift.png

I hope that following this there is some kind of quest which allows one to possess a 'Ashes Urn/Sack/Whatever' and then we can stack our ashes on a slayer task to say 50, nerf the xp of it slightly in this case and then BAM got ourselves a nice Ecto way to train again! :D and I am also for non-tradeable, more a way for Slayers/xp trainers to cash in on a bit of cheap and decent XP! (Y)

6660_6.jpg

I hope that following this there is some kind of quest which allows one to possess a 'Ashes Urn/Sack/Whatever' and then we can stack our ashes on a slayer task to say 50, nerf the xp of it slightly in this case and then BAM got ourselves a nice Ecto way to train again! :D and I am also for non-tradeable, more a way for Slayers/xp trainers to cash in on a bit of cheap and decent XP! (Y)

folloeing on from this, i just wondered, how come bonesack was never updates to hold bones, not even 1?

hmm

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Alot of people seem to be overlooking the fact that, to get Infernal ashes, you either need to have a minimum level of 80 Slayer, or be able to kill Black demons.

Both of those may be pretty trivial to do nowadays but if you compare this to dragon bones, they drop off a lvl 79 monster that has no requirement to kill. Even if you bring the argument that Green Dragons are wilderness exclusive monsters into the discussion, there are still Blue dragons who are also a lower level than Nechs.

I seriously expect the Infernal ashes to give more experience than dragon bones and I wouldn't be surprised if the ones that Greaters and lessees drop are somewhere inbetween dragon and big bones.

Sylpheed.png

Alot of people seem to be overlooking the fact that, to get Infernal ashes, you either need to have a minimum level of 80 Slayer, or be able to kill Black demons.

Both of those may be pretty trivial to do nowadays but if you compare this to dragon bones, they drop off a lvl 79 monster that has no requirement to kill. Even if you bring the argument that Green Dragons are wilderness exclusive monsters into the discussion, there are still Blue dragons who are also a lower level than Nechs.

I seriously expect the Infernal ashes to give more experience than dragon bones and I wouldn't be surprised if the ones that Greaters and lessees drop are somewhere inbetween dragon and big bones.

Nech are easier to kill than green/blue dragons, but yes, it makes sense for the ashes to be somewhat better than dragon bones, particularly if they can't be altared(and well, those who haven't ectoed themselves, it'd still be MUCH slower xp). I can't see many people collecting these ashes, but it'll definitely make bonecrusher more worthwhile.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Nech are easier to kill than green/blue dragons, but yes, it makes sense for the ashes to be somewhat better than dragon bones, particularly if they can't be altared(and well, those who haven't ectoed themselves, it'd still be MUCH slower xp). I can't see many people collecting these ashes, but it'll definitely make bonecrusher more worthwhile.

I hope you're kidding... you get 40 range, buy a cannon, buy some cannonballs, get 60 woodcutting or whatever, take the canoe to wildy, cannon drags in 5 minutes, tele back with glory to edge and repeat. You can just leave your cannon there in between trips. Nechs need 80 slayer which I'm fairly sure takes a hell of a lot longer and far less people have.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I hope you're kidding... you get 40 range, buy a cannon, buy some cannonballs, get 60 woodcutting or whatever, take the canoe to wildy, cannon drags in 5 minutes, tele back with glory to edge and repeat. You can just leave your cannon there in between trips. Nechs need 80 slayer which I'm fairly sure takes a hell of a lot longer and far less people have.

The fact that less people can do it will be part of the reason why it's better...if less people can kill them, then less of the ashes will be in the market, cause their price to be higher.

This is of course assuming the xp rates of using them compare to dragon bones....which is honestly doubtful. I'm still looking forward to it though, extra profit from abbyssal and black demons :thumbsup:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Killing black demons is a joke. Cannon with prayer and its a cakewalk. Plus you get great crimsons charm drops, decent rate for effigies, and soon what could be great prayer exp.

Ill take half the prayer exp for the charms and effigies that green/blue dragons lack any day of the week.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Killing black demons is a joke. Cannon with prayer and its a cakewalk. Plus you get great crimsons charm drops, decent rate for effigies, and soon what could be great prayer exp.

Ill take half the prayer exp for the charms and effigies that green/blue dragons lack any day of the week.

Way to read my entire post.

I didn't say Black Demons were hard to kill, I said that in comparison to Dragon bones dropping from a level 79 monster the minimum you need for Infernal ashes is either 80 Slayer or the ability to kill a level 172.

Sylpheed.png

I'm happy I got 99 prayer in 2008. :P

This should be interesting though, hopefully abbies will be profitable again after the large nerf in abby whips.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.