Dungeoneering's Impact on the Community at Large

Low C

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free bump for the recruitment thread.

Now that you managed to let women know that only some of you are sexist pigs, why don't we hear some more testimonials about how people got saved once they saw how marvelous you people really are?

These testimonials idealy would contain key phrases like "Jesus by the time I managed to get out of the starting room the dungeon was over" and "I had to afk for a bathroom break and when I returned I found that we had advanced 2 floors".

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Now that you managed to let women know that only some of you are sexist pigs, why don't we hear some more testimonials about how people got saved once they saw how marvelous you people really are?

These testimonials idealy would contain key phrases like "Jesus by the time I managed to get out of the starting room the dungeon was over" and "I had to afk for a bathroom break and when I returned I found that we had advanced 2 floors".

Is it ok to troll now without breaking the rules?

Id first like to say that Ive been dungeoneering with Dungeon Sweepers for the past few days and had a positive experience. People are friendly and willing to learn, and although i havent done too many floors with the other keyers, im getting the impression that they are doing a good job.

As far as this discussion is concerned, 25% of people want to take their time. what is to enjoy about slow floors? Running through 10 rooms because it isnt gated? Dying in DG's because nobody came to help? Dungeons arent "easier" if you skill and take a long time. The problem I have with these people is that they always want to seem to join my floors and earn the xp you can get doing floors in 30 minutes, but never want to hold up their end of the deal because they find doing it their way "fun". Its not fair when they keyer and 3 others are working to get a 30 minute floor while one person afk's the entire time mining rocks and fishing. Why should they be able to leech off my good xp rates when they dont want to do any of the work involved?

I don't want to join you, I dung with my own friends who also like taking their time. Also, just because we go slower, doesn't mean we leave people stranded to do GDs by themselves, we still do those together. We also gatestone far away doors to get back to them later. I can't really speak for the people in world 148 who don't want to rush, but myself and the team I go with don't do your stereotypical stuff of leaving the keyer alone, rage quiting on death, not placing gatestones.

Generally, if you skill on a world like 148, I will then assume you are incompetent at dung and will not trust you to gate anything unless absolutely necessary. Even though not absolute, there is a strong correlation between people who skill and people who simply are not good at dung.

I haven't dunged on 148 in months :P

I really don't know how to describe the style my friends I dungeoneer. I'm not bad at dung at all, I just like to take my time is all. The person on our team that keys tells us when he wants to place gatestones, as well as us using our own judgement. It's like...half rushing...I guess is a way I could describe it.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I wasn't referring to you specifically, just people that skill on 148 in general. In my opinion skilling isn't bad itself, it is perfectly ok to fish for food when there is none and make melee pots/ragers. In fact, I might even argue that making gloves/boots is an effective use of time if you do it early enough. The reason skilling gets a bad rep is because of idiots fishing when there is plenty of food, or making armour. The part about skilling that annoys me the most is when the dung is finished and everyone is prepped for boss except for 1/2 people that are cooking food/making pots. Making pots for boss is a waste of time, and cooking, if needed at all, should really be done during the floor. There's no excuse to making your team wait on you for 2 minutes to come to boss while you are camping away at base. That especially isn't fair if the team decides to go into boss and 4 man it risking death and using food while you happily stay at base wasting time and being safe. The main reason skilling gets a bad rep, as I stated earlier, is not because it slows down the floors drastically, but because the people that choose to do inefficient skillers are generally bad at dungeoneering themselves. That means whenever you get a skiller in a floor, floors will generally take longer because these people are worse, and the rest of the team blames the slow floor on "skilling" and not the person themselves.

I really don't know how to describe the style my friends I dungeoneer. I'm not bad at dung at all, I just like to take my time is all. The person on our team that keys tells us when he wants to place gatestones, as well as us using our own judgement. It's like...half rushing...I guess is a way I could describe it.

Exactly how I dungeoneer with friends too, although I'm itching to learn some helpful things from DGS to speed up the floors, if I can still keep those dungeons with friends casual.

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

Most people would just call that rushing.

God knows what the izenheim definition of full-rushing is.

But I'm sure it'd rival losing game's gung-[garden tool]-never-ask-for-food-there-probably-isn't-enough-time rushing style.

edit: daw you can't say gung-[garden tool] without getting censored

Naaxi.png

But I'm sure it'd rival losing game's gung-[garden tool]-never-ask-for-food-there-probably-isn't-enough-time rushing style.

it's spelled Izenhime

And like I said, I honestly have no idea how to describe how my team dungs, our dungeons take around 40-50 minutes to do. We collect and make armor depending on the boss we get, we don't only kill monsters in guardian doors

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Id first like to say that Ive been dungeoneering with Dungeon Sweepers for the past few days and had a positive experience. People are friendly and willing to learn, and although i havent done too many floors with the other keyers, im getting the impression that they are doing a good job.

As far as this discussion is concerned, 25% of people want to take their time. what is to enjoy about slow floors? Running through 10 rooms because it isnt gated? Dying in DG's because nobody came to help? Dungeons arent "easier" if you skill and take a long time. The problem I have with these people is that they always want to seem to join my floors and earn the xp you can get doing floors in 30 minutes, but never want to hold up their end of the deal because they find doing it their way "fun". Its not fair when they keyer and 3 others are working to get a 30 minute floor while one person afk's the entire time mining rocks and fishing. Why should they be able to leech off my good xp rates when they dont want to do any of the work involved?

I don't want to join you, I dung with my own friends who also like taking their time. Also, just because we go slower, doesn't mean we leave people stranded to do GDs by themselves, we still do those together. We also gatestone far away doors to get back to them later. I can't really speak for the people in world 148 who don't want to rush, but myself and the team I go with don't do your stereotypical stuff of leaving the keyer alone, rage quiting on death, not placing gatestones.

What do you spend you time doing then? If you are gating properly, doing gd's when they need to be done, im curious as to what makes it take that much longer.

envysfavouritemember.png

it's spelled Izenhime

And like I said, I honestly have no idea how to describe how my team dungs, our dungeons take around 40-50 minutes to do. We collect and make armor depending on the boss we get, we don't only kill monsters in guardian doors

but why

you don't need to at all and it's not even enjoyable like stomping a boss with no skill required

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

but why

you don't need to at all and it's not even enjoyable like stomping a boss with no skill required

^ Opinion.

Why can't I have them?

I can't explain why I like it, I just do. I haven't asked why you guys like rushing (I already know why you do, but that's not the point), so why do you constantly ask me?

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

They do it because they prefer slower exp to faster exp. I would guess it's because they want to spend more time dungeoneering.

I guess it's more that we like killing stuff more then anything, and dungeoneering is just fun to do it in.

Like I said, I really can't describe it, we just like taking our time through dungeons :unsure:

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Because someone on the internet has an opinion that is different from ours. We sure in hell can't have that, damn it.

On an off-tangent, I've been practicing the usage of two accounts at once when Dungeoneering. It's completely and utterly useless except for c1s, seeing that I only have one account with an actual dungeoneering level (not to mention it breaks Jagex's rules), but it makes c1s a lot less tedious and rote.

now..some of your posts I laugh at and some i just ?????????? irl for a good 5 minutes.

No one is glorfying the way they dung, there's nothing to glorify, it's simply the best if you're after xp/hour, there's no contest about it.

You can do 60 minute dungeons all you want, @ the end of the day we're gaining triple the exp and *gasp* actually having fun!

No way@@@@@@

Why are you acting like someone who does a 20-30 minute floor is a robot programmed to speak and gate doors..?

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Looking forward to doing some floors with you efficiency nutters over the weekend, if i have the time.

Golvellius - I disagree with you so often, but regardless... those testimonials were hilarious. :D

That said, why do people take so long in the starting room? Grab something you can sell, get a couple bits of food, sell junk item you bought, buy toolkit and ess, make cosmics / astrals, run off. Takes like half a minute tops, yet on 148 i see people taking 2 minutes or so before they're even ready to start the floor.