Dungeoneering's Impact on the Community at Large

Low C

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, non-rushers don't necessarily benefit from rushing. Assuming they are there for the maximum XP/hour is rather asinine.

+1

I'd rather have a 45 min dungeon that is fun and relaxing with nice people than a 35 min dungeon that is stressful, nervy and full of bickering.

false dichotomy

you can have fun and relaxing fast dungeons with nice people, and you can have stressful nervy slow dungeons full of bickering.

Where did I say you couldn't? I was saying that a dungeon being fun and relaxing is more important to me than it being a few minutes faster.

edit: to clarify things, I will do whatever the keyer says for me to do unless I have a good reason to be doing something else, in which case I will say what I am doing. This could be making the keyer some armour to help them or making food for the team as well as ggs teleing to guardian doors. From my PERSONAL experience I have found that the best dungeons tend to be around 40-45 minutes. Which fits nicely bang in the middle of the two poll options. I don't ever stop for more than a couple of seconds doing SOMETHING that will help the dungeon along. So I'm not a typical non-rusher like the people here seem to describe them as. But on the other hand I've never been in a dungeon under 30 minutes, and those that were close seemed to be pushing at the limit that I could find a dungeon enjoyable.

it's not possible to put an upper limit on this figure as it depends a LOT on the dungeon - how much food you find in drops (which determines how much fishing you need to do if any), what rooms you get and when (ferret rooms and vine flower rooms can slow dungeons down a fair bit, as can rooms where you need to make potions - sometimes you will make the pot, do one thing, then find you need another pot for the next part of the room), and when you find the boss and what the boss is (thus enabling you to decide what stuff to make for it - necrolords generally take longer to prepare for than flesh spoilers for example)

Also, non-rushers don't necessarily benefit from rushing. Assuming they are there for the maximum XP/hour is rather asinine.

+1

I'd rather have a 45 min dungeon that is fun and relaxing with nice people than a 35 min dungeon that is stressful, nervy and full of bickering.

false dichotomy

you can have fun and relaxing fast dungeons with nice people, and you can have stressful nervy slow dungeons full of bickering.

Where did I say you couldn't? I was saying that a dungeon being fun and relaxing is more important to me than it being a few minutes faster.

A few minutes? More like 30+ minutes faster.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

+1

false dichotomy

A few minutes? More like 30+ minutes faster.

Read the posts in the quote chain. I wasn't talking about the difference between a 30 min floor and a 1 hour floor for identical floors.

I find people that skill in world 148 or 53 to be asses. I treat them the same as afkers as they are purposely not doing what I told them and instead choose to do something useless.

I find people that skill in world 148 or 53 to be asses. I treat them the same as afkers as they are purposely not doing what I told them and instead choose to do something useless.

So you don't talk to them and just ignore them? Until the end before the boss at which point you offer to kick them

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Solo 'rush' C6, rage quitting when see a room with Merc Leader. Yay f2p newbie talk!

Oh, and I tried to have some faith in the auto-sorting rooms after reading some posts, but the first time, had a teammate grab all items, yet not equipping any wep, and deciding to fisty-cuff mobs (he and the other guy both ended up 'i gtg' in 5 mins). And there was no second time, because I just sat in the sorting room twiddling my thumbs. World 7 win.

Deviljet88.png

Current Aim: Runecrafter Robes -sigh lvl 50 RC-

I have yet to find a way to reasonable raise my summoning level.. I think this is partly the reason.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

(unless you get a team of mostly females, they're undeniably slower)

Oohhhh...never mind, you were trolling this whole time. You almost had me there.

69be54830eee6fe655c7b77030edc60e.png

dat 4 female team (110 109 117 114 dg)

ggs was at that gd for a good 3 minutes and I ended up solo'ing half of it before one more came to help (yes I said gtgd in chat)

brb getting sharpshooter and berserker while keying

Save a few ones that can actually key themselves, there's no hope for them exotic creatures ;(

*puts the above poster on ignore so that I never accidentally get into a dungeon with such a lowlife*

He would probably enjoy that. But honestly, I believe he is just trolling you guys lol. I dungeoneer with Tui, Adnila, Enaid, ect and they are all good dungeoneer's while maintaining female status. :lol:

Low_C.png

Dear Izenheim

Why are you always so pessimistic. Talking to you is like talking to an old man.

When you joined DGS, you gave us all this flak about "are you guys okay with 40 min floors" and stuff like "I like my floors kinda slow" and stuff.

But from what I am being told, by the people you have DGed with recently. When you actually DG, you actually rush reasonably effectively.

And your floors end up being like 30 mins. In spite of the fact that you still whine and moan about not forcing people to rush.

When I joined Low and obt for a dungeon, I never onced mentioned dungeon times. I've also never whined or moaned about people being forced rush. The only thing I've said is that I prefer to not rush.

I mean there is nothing inherently wrong.

But there is a very large disconnect between what you say, and how you act.

I was bored and none of my dunging friends were on, so I tried a dungeon with you guys, I see nothing wrong with this.

Watching you is like, watching a man complain about not being able to run well because of arthritis and asthma and pollen allergies.

Then immediately run a 5 minute mile afterwards.

I can see where you're coming from with this, but I disagree with the statement. You don't know me other then interactions here on Tip.it, which really is a bad way to get to know about someone.

I've never said I hated rushing, I've never complained about people rushing. All I've said is I personally prefer to not rush.

Its just plain weird. You are creepin me out.

Don't be such a downer man. Your penis size may, in fact, not be as small as you think it is.

Love,

Grimy

What.....?

I find it odd, I decide to try a dungeon with you guys, and you turn around and try to make a joke out of me.

Enjoy your dungeons, I will not be joining you guys again for any. (because I'm so sure you care :rolleyes: )

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

The poll is missing 40min floors as option. Also 20-30min dungeons sounds more like time that mostly 100+ Dungeoneererers manage.

I remember the day you came into the clan chat and offered to help me with the clan, then you joined polarcup's floor (a leader of ours) and ended up quitting less than half way through that dungeon. I have always meant to ask you what happened but you never returned to the clan chat oddly.

And 40 minute dungeons generally mean someone messed up or the dungeon had a lot of bad mono/ramo/merc doors.

Low_C.png

The poll is missing 40min floors as option. Also 20-30min dungeons sounds more like time that mostly 100+ Dungeoneererers manage.

I remember the day you came into the clan chat and offered to help me with the clan, then you joined polarcup's floor (a leader of ours) and ended up quitting less than half way through that dungeon. I have always meant to ask you what happened but you never returned to the clan chat oddly.

And 40 minute dungeons generally mean someone messed up or the dungeon had a lot of bad mono/ramo/merc doors.

My internet went for a while.

I am curious, how do you manage 20-30min Dungeons? What is the procedures?

My internet went for a while. Anyhow 40min is decent time if you ask me. It's not fast or slow, just in between.

Alright, just making sure. I agree it's inbetween, but generally when someone keys 40 minutes it means they are out of the margin of consistency. We ask all of our leaders to key consistent 25-35 minute dungeons and we go with them to make sure they do so.

Going to ask anyone who is 100+ DG and can key 25-35 consistent floors to post an application for leader/keyer positions on our forums. We need more GMT keyers.

Low_C.png

Could you tell me or direct me to a topic on DGS forum explaning:

1) What Attackers should do (the 4 non keyers)

2) How Keyer should key for best time

Guide to Keying (WIP)

Rocked's DG Tips

We also have more guides in the progress. We are still in the early stages of making this clan streamlined, so we don't have a large selection of exclusive guides as of yet. I know I am going to be compiling my efforts with other admins to fulfill this void of good dungeoneering guides though.

Low_C.png

I wish I could like dungeoneering, I really do, but even with a great team, the glorified minigame is just so boring (for me anyway). If they made alternative ways to train the skill maybe I would be interested. Until then, I'm training it with lamps + effigies.

You can now quote and flame me for my opinion.

FLAME FLAME! DG IS THE BEST MOST FUN SKILL IN THE GAME!

Ok. I'm done.

Think it'd be great if there was a clan for it. I usually solo, because I'd rather NOT try 117 o.O

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Er yeah, I think it has much more to do with the fact that all of those people were <120 combat than the fact that they're female. And besides, how does he know? There are probably more males with female characters than actual females.

138 and maxed overall, the worst!@ brb 10 mins to ggs for skill door. I know because it is in a woman's instinct to scavenge food

(unless you get a team of mostly females, they're undeniably slower)

Oohhhh...never mind, you were trolling this whole time. You almost had me there.

69be54830eee6fe655c7b77030edc60e.png

dat 4 female team (110 109 117 114 dg)

ggs was at that gd for a good 3 minutes and I ended up solo'ing half of it before one more came to help (yes I said gtgd in chat)

brb getting sharpshooter and berserker while keying

Save a few ones that can actually key themselves, there's no hope for them exotic creatures ;(

Haha nice, they cooking in the room next to you, should've seen it coming. I wonder how many chicks went for 120 because their online bf was going for 120.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101