09-Feb-2011 � Prisoner of Glouphrie and Gnome Graphical Rework

Michael

i surprised myself by being able to do the calibration without a guide.my magenta stumped me for awhile, but it turned out i had the peices for it in my invy... :shock: even tho it was technicality harder, i had less trouble with it than i did the last 2 quests. i loved the tons of xp from it. cant wait to lead a gnomish army invasion of asperandosa >=D

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice update this week! I am glad about the chat filter change just because of all the words that are a real inconvenience when filtered (stuff like "password" and "email" etc).

I look forward to doing the quest too :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Well, Quest Complete, that was a hefty chunk of experience there, especially the Runecrafting one. The puzzle was weirdly satisfying, difficult, but not frustrating. My kind of puzzle. laugh.gif

Also, I really like that I haven't heard any swearing spam at all, even in crowded places like the GE. We're getting the best of both worlds, good job Jagex.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Gah....why did they put the gnome glider in gnome village?? i mean that's pretty much the most "useless" place there is...and it already has a spirit tree, which is also a gnome system (i mean sure it make the transfer from tree to glider faster but it's just not significant enough...just do a transfer at stronghold) ...I was hoping for a better way to Lletya without any item...and now they got rid of the new spirit tree patch too? oh well at least we can plant 2 spirit tree...

hmm... Etceteria/Miscellania vs. Port Sarim vs. Brimhaven. it's 3C2

Brimhaven and Port Sarim it is...(I have POH somewhere else for maximizing the number of location I can reach from POH purposes)

Brimahven is extremley inaccessible on a no-cost no-item basis so that deserve a Tree.

Port Sarim only has one arrival from Shantay Pass (take some clicking with dialogue and lock picking...but it beat walking and having to wear lumby ring or something when I have like full inventory of some other stuff.) So that get a tree too thanks to this update :)

To me you should not plant a tree in Misc/Etc if you have finished Fairy III, the Ring is just a few click away on run on Misc, and beside the port to Rellekka is on Misc too....

Gah....why did they put the gnome glider in gnome village?? i mean that's pretty much the most "useless" place there is...and it already has a spirit tree, which is also a gnome system (i mean sure it make the transfer from tree to glider faster but it's just not significant enough...just do a transfer at stronghold) ...I was hoping for a better way to Lletya without any item...and now they got rid of the new spirit tree patch too? oh well at least we can plant 2 spirit tree...

1) the glider is miles from the tree

2) the glider is right next to fruit tree patch aka epically useful

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Brimhaven and Port Sarim it is...(I have POH somewhere else for maximizing the number of location I can reach from POH purposes)

Brimahven is extremley inaccessible on a no-cost no-item basis so that deserve a Tree.

Port Sarim only has one arrival from Shantay Pass (take some clicking with dialogue and lock picking...but it beat walking and having to wear lumby ring or something when I have like full inventory of some other stuff.) So that get a tree too thanks to this update :)

To me you should not plant a tree in Misc/Etc if you have finished Fairy III, the Ring is just a few click away on run on Misc, and beside the port to Rellekka is on Misc too....

There are Misc teleport scrolls too, and chipped house tabs to get to Brimhaven. Port Sarim has cabbage port and rimmington teletab, while neither is extremely close they're close enough. None of those places are inaccessible at all. I rarely find myself using my current spirit tree as it is.

Yes i know for y'all farmer out there it's very helpful but it can't be that far could it? I mean for me if it's shorter than falador wall-to-wall then that's good enough for me...sure you have have to climb stair onto the treetop but a more convienent way to Lletya is much more "useful"; I don't mind going vertically upward...i do mind going outward though...but then again stronghold is quite big so there will be unavoidable travelling through the city's tree landscape a bit.

Yes i know for y'all farmer out there it's very helpful but it can't be that far could it? I mean for me if it's shorter than falador wall-to-wall then that's good enough for me...sure you have have to climb stair onto the treetop but a more convienent way to Lletya is much more "useful"; I don't mind going vertically upward...i do mind going outward though...but then again stronghold is quite big so there will be unavoidable travelling through the city's tree landscape a bit.

The distance point was you seem to be claiming this new one makes tree > glider faster.

But it does not as the tree is inside the gnome village, the glider is not.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There are Misc teleport scrolls too, and chipped house tabs to get to Brimhaven. Port Sarim has cabbage port and rimmington teletab, while neither is extremely close they're close enough. None of those places are inaccessible at all. I rarely find myself using my current spirit tree as it is.

Yeah but my goal in moving around is to use as less inventory/body space as possible...so if you finished all quest and have the proper setup those place can be reached with only, say, one house teletab. no need to bank and whatnot....sure you possibly have to transfer a lot and there may be some walk but that's better than having something taking up one slot solely for getting there...idk it's just my way of seeing how to do efficient transportation...

The distance point was you seem to be claiming this new one makes tree > glider faster.

But it does not as the tree is inside the gnome village, the glider is not.

wait what? the new glider is not in the middle of the maze?? if that's the case I favor stronghold even more then lol...yes even though you get lead out of maze in like an instant.

but it doesn't really matter that much...the bottom point is that I was just disappointed we didn't get a better way to Lletya...that place seriously need some kind of alternate transport...(for all of Elven land's sake)..i mean I thought we were "promised" a "faster access to Lletya" that's all

We got it, on foot atleast.

You can use the route used during the quest directly from observatory/ourania teleport area to lleyta.

but no-one expected much since we have a tele direct to lleyta anyway

Plv6Dz6.jpg

high level farming update :thumbup: gnome quest :thumbup: new censor options :thumbup:

what a nice day

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

Gnomebabe.jpg

Hello, there!

get a hold of yourself. all art starts as line art with proper anatomy. also your drooling over a 100+ year old gnome.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

get a hold of yourself. all art starts as line art with proper anatomy. also your drooling over a 100+ year old gnome.

:thumbup: I'd go after an elf :thumbup:

well, i cant blame you on that one.... =P~

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

To me, part of being an adult is being able to talk without using profanity.

You're a goddamn badass if you can get angry without swearing.

Nope. Just mature enough to be able to control myself.

Exactly. The people who get angry then swear up a storm are pathetic.

I kept public on off most of the time already so that will just become permanent.

Hameigh.png

Never ever have been swearing on the internet, and irl I do say things like the F word, but only in the same way as we say "lol" on the internet, nothing harmful intended.

I really don't understand why someone would start cursing and swearing in a game, for pixels. :s

Rewards

[hide]

1 Quest point

60k Thieving, Agility experience

50k Construction experience

45k Runecrafting experience

Glider at Tree Gnome Village

Free spirit tree seed storage

Able to plant up to two (2) spirit trees at the same time with 86 farming

[/hide]

From the FIRST PAGE of the thread.

Learn2readplx. lol

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The quest, like most of the more recently released quests, was shorter than I anticipated. :( But it was pretty fun, and it had a nice chunk of reward exp to boot.

Filter update seems sorta nice, guess that means no more random censoring.

siggy.png

Quest cape first achieved September 20, 2010

534/534 Tasks completed. Taskmaster first achieved June 23, 2012

Ok this is irritating me. I'll go through the cave, make sure Golrana is RIGHT NEXT TO ME before I crawl out of the crevice. I get into the woods on the other side, and she's not there...so then I get to go back to the Observatory and get her again. It's happened 4 times...

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~