09-Feb-2011 � Prisoner of Glouphrie and Gnome Graphical Rework

Michael

To me, part of being an adult is being able to talk without using profanity.

Yes but quite often the over zelous filter catches many legitamate words. I like the idea of an on/off filter but there is no reason why the 's', 'f' and 'c' words shouldn't still be filtered. These have no genuine use in-game.

For some reason, George Carlin's "7 words you cannot say on television" comes to mind ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before:

Pur3Pk3r81381: you n00b poohead

g0dstr0wnz139: your mum weeface

After:

Pur3Pk3r81381: [bleep] you [bleep] [bleep] head

g0dstr0wnz139: your mum [bleep]ing [cabbage] [bleep]ing n00b [bleep] [bleep] head n00b

13 year old boys rejoice

That is so true... Nevertheless, I'd never rise to such petty name calling so they won't affect me :P

I'm happy about lifting the filter :thumbup: Good update jagex. Hopefully I'll be saying the same thing next week.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

How is it being a smart ass to give information based on what is working correctly for everyone else?

Its not like you gave any citation at all for it being confirmed a bug until now.

You mean apart from that fact that me and many others are experiencing the exact same problem, and you flat out refuse to accept that it is a bug but instead insist that we're all wrong?

I got a (stupid) question too.

Level 86+ farmers will also be pleased to know that the new spirit tree patch mentioned in Behind the Scenes - February does also come with the ability to plant up to two of these trees.

I can't find that new spirit tree patch mentioned above, am I blind or what? And yes, I've completed the quest. I'd really appreciate if someone would point out where that new patch is :)

I'm also interested.

I got a (stupid) question too.

Level 86+ farmers will also be pleased to know that the new spirit tree patch mentioned in Behind the Scenes - February does also come with the ability to plant up to two of these trees.

I can't find that new spirit tree patch mentioned above, am I blind or what? And yes, I've completed the quest. I'd really appreciate if someone would point out where that new patch is :)

I'm also interested.

Note that the newspost has changed to say the following:

Level 86+ farmers will also be pleased to know that completion of this quest also grants you the ability to plant up to two spirit trees at the same time.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I like being able to turn the filter off. I'm an adult, I don't like to feel like I'm playing a game designed around protecting 12 year olds from bad language. Doesn't mean I want to swear in every sentence, or that I wanna see tons of people spamming (f) words just cos they can, but it's good to know I can if I feel like it.

Bbk.png

We recognise that RuneScape has a maturing player base

BLASPHEMY! ITS WORSE THAN EVER NOW THAT THE WILDERNESS CLOWNS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

I don't think a couple of F-bombs will hurt you, especially if you'd deserved them.

Now, where is this option for tip.it forums :pray:

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Note that the newspost has changed to say the following:

Level 86+ farmers will also be pleased to know that completion of this quest also grants you the ability to plant up to two spirit trees at the same time.

Ah, I also checked BTS and found a ninja edit:

*This has changed so that there is not going to be a new spirit tree patch, but that you will be able to plant up to two spirit trees at a time.

Guh...this is not cool. There was really only one decently useful patch before. Oh well, Port Sarim + Ecetera it is then!

Hopefully they'll release a new patch eventually though.

Liked the quest, but I was expecting this cool illusion-city. Kinda disappointed about that. :P

Music track "Cage Against The Machine" made me smile. :mrgreen: (Music references ftw)

Won't be able to complete the quest until Saturday, but I did everything up to the final action before the reward.

On the swear filter, all I can say is I'm keeping it on whenever I'm in the wilderness. That's where I think it will have the biggest effect.

Looking forward to March, this was the only update i was looking forward to this month. |^_^|

How is it being a smart ass to give information based on what is working correctly for everyone else?

Its not like you gave any citation at all for it being confirmed a bug until now.

You mean apart from that fact that me and many others are experiencing the exact same problem, and you flat out refuse to accept that it is a bug but instead insist that we're all wrong?

Given that historically with this kind of puzzle people have called bug despite the more mathematically minded of us being able to provide an answer to their "bug" very quickly I don;t owe much weight to people random crying bug with no citation of jagex confirmation on the matter.

At the initial reply the 1 guy had the problem and you just said bug. You didn't cite a source or say you had the same problem. And from prior results to that point it seemed like a simple indigo is making it ticked when u should use blue.

So it seemed quite likely based on the given info it was jsut another case of jumping to bug answer too quickly.

@den on the filter:

All the more reason to have it off.

Starred out words = unreportable.

Uncensored words = reportable.

Have it turned off and though you may face many swearing kids you can report em all and get thier asses muted lol

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Given that historically with this kind of puzzle people have called bug despite the more mathematically minded of us being able to provide an answer to their "bug" very quickly I don;t owe much weight to people random crying bug with no citation of jagex confirmation on the matter.

At the initial reply the 1 guy had the problem and you just said bug. You didn't cite a source or say you had the same problem. And from prior results to that point it seemed like a simple indigo is making it ticked when u should use blue.

So it seemed quite likely based on the given info it was jsut another case of jumping to bug answer too quickly.

@den on the filter:

Have it turned off and though you may face many swearing kids you can report em all and get thier asses muted lol

When I said it was a bug, it had already been acknowledged by JMods, and I'm no idiot so I know when something that should be working is bugged. You like many others chose to completely overlook the fact that you have to make a colour with the numbers, which the suggestions you made would most certainly not make magenta.

I did not overlook anything.

In all previously posted examples blue and red did make magenta. My own puzzle used blue n red to make magenta, I hadn't seen ANY cases of using indigo instead.

Equally it may have been acknowledge by J mods but you did not cite this; if you had said "It's a bug jmods have confirmed Qfc... sure. But you jsut said "its a bug" How I am I meant to know magically that jmods confirmed it and theres an rsof thread and its not jsut you claiming its a bug?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

@den on the filter:

I HIGHLY doubt they'd mute someone for using words that would otherwise be starred out. They aren't visible to those that do not wish to view them, thus it's your own choice. It'd be the tip of hypocrisy reporting someone because you want to be cussed at.

Most of the information you've given has been incorrect. To make Pure cyan you can only have equal quanities (shape) of blue and green. So either 2x circle, almond, triangle etc. For Magenta it's either equal red + blue (so same shape), 3 parts red to 4 parts indigo (so Triangle and Square only) or Red and Twice Violet (Red Circle + Violet Almond, Red Almond + Violet Circle, Red Triangle + Violet hexagon). And for the yellow one you need either Equal Red + Green (Same shape), Green + 2x orange (same possible combinations for magenta), and then any two yellow shapes. Your example of 5x5 blue and whatever else wouldn't work for the intensity.

Perhaps you should learn how the puzzle works before being so confident that you are right?

@den on the filter:

I HIGHLY doubt they'd mute someone for using words that would otherwise be starred out. They aren't visible to those that do not wish to view them, thus it's your own choice. It'd be the tip of hypocrisy reporting someone because you want to be cussed at.

Yes there's been a lot of posts by Mod Mark H about the filter stating that when you have the filter off, you are essentially agreeing to be exposed to the language and given then, you should be mindful when reporting.

I could see expletives being fair game when the filter is off, but stuff like racial slurs might still be up for reporting.

Most of the information you've given has been incorrect. To make Pure cyan you can only have equal quanities (shape) of blue and green. So either 2x circle, almond, triangle etc. For Magenta it's either equal red + blue (so same shape), 3 parts red to 4 parts indigo (so Triangle and Square only) or Red and Twice Violet (Red Circle + Violet Almond, Red Almond + Violet Circle, Red Triangle + Violet hexagon). And for the yellow one you need either Equal Red + Green (Same shape), Green + 2x orange (same possible combinations for magenta), and then any two yellow shapes. Your example of 5x5 blue and whatever else wouldn't work for the intensity.

Perhaps you should learn how the puzzle works before being so confident that you are right?

Ah I did not know that about the puzzle.

I guess I got lucky in that all 3 of my combos and combos my clan mates had so far have all been more straight forward.

I had 2 that were same shape, but my first one was 2 different shapes and still worked so I assumed that it just worked this way.

Had red sq, blue sq

red sq green sq

And green triangle blue hexagon

Ediut correction:

Having read over darkdudes list my memory clicked and I remeber my cyan was 27 blue triangle green triangle.

So yeah all 3 matched shapes didn't realise non-matched shapes had any effect.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Yes there's been a lot of posts by Mod Mark H about the filter stating that when you have the filter off, you are essentially agreeing to be exposed to the language and given then, you should be mindful when reporting.

I could see expletives being fair game when the filter is off, but stuff like racial slurs might still be up for reporting.

I can see everything that would otherwise be hidden being fair game. I see no reason for racial insults being above others, but for that yanks are being soft in the subject. The more intelligent and higher standard insults might still be reportable, though(i remember a guy getting muted for saying: ''Did you ask your grandpa how gas felt like?'').

27 Magenta is now fixed.

"Mod Hulme:

OK this has now been fixed, so if you had Magenta 27, you will now have Magenta 30.

Close the device and re-open it to reset the intensity value for Magenta.

And as it was a bit unfair, here's a hint: try equal red and blue. :)

Good luck, and again our apologies. "

Sephy.png

If you're struggling with a puzzle. Here is a list of every possible solution (Just look up what intensity you need then follow the two coins needed for it).

[hide]Circle = 1

Almond = 2

Triangle = 3

Square = 4

Pentagon = 5

Hexagon = 6

Red = 1

Orange = 2

Yellow = 3

Green = 4

Blue = 5

Indigo = 6

Violet = 7

Possible Cyan combinations:

Blue Circle + Green Circle = 9

Blue Almond + Green Almond = 18

Blue Triangle + Green Triagle = 27

Blue Square + Green Square = 36

Blue Pentagon + Green Pentagon = 45

Blue Hexagon + Green Hexagon = 54

Possible Magenta Combinations :

Red Circle + Blue Circle = 6

Red Almond + Blue Almond = 12

Red Triangle + Blue Triangle = 18

Red Square + Blue Square = 24

Red Pentagon + Blue Pentagon = 30

Red Hexagon + Blue Hexagon = 36

Red Triangle + Indigo Square = 27

Red Circle + Violet Almond = 15

Red Almond + Violet Square = 30

Red Triangle + Violet Hexagon = 45

Possible Yellow Combinations:

Red Circle + Green Circle = 5

Red Almond + Green Almond = 10

Red Triangle + Green Triangle = 15

Red Square + Green Square = 20

Red Pentagon + Green Pentagon = 25

Red Hexagon + Green Pentagon = 30

Green Circle + Orange Almond = 8

Green Almond + Orange Square = 16

Green Triange + Orange Triangle = 24

Yellow Circle + Yellow Circle = 6

Yellow Circle + Yellow Almond = 9

Yellow Circle + Yellow Triangle = 12

Yellow Circle + Yellow Square = 15

Yellow Circle + Yellow Pentagon = 18

Yellow Circle + Yellow Hexagon = 21

Yellow Almond + Yellow Almond = 12

Yellow Almond + Yellow Triangle = 15

Yellow Almond + Yellow Square = 18

Yellow Almond + Yellow Pentagon = 21

Yellow Almond + Yellow Hexagon = 24

Yellow Triangle + Yellow Triangle = 18

Yellow Triangle + Yellow Square = 21

Yellow Triangle + Yellow Pentagon = 24

Yellow Triangle + Yellow Hexagon = 27

Yellow Square + Yellow Square = 24

Yellow Square + Yellow Pentagon = 27

Yellow Square + Yellow Hexagon = 30

Yellow Pentagon + Yellow Pentagon = 30

Yellow Pentagon + Yellow Hexagon = 33

Yellow Hexagon + Yellow Hexagon = 36

[/hide]

[bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep]. :thumbup:

VsaJs.jpg