15-Feb-2011- Skill Bonanza

Michael

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can bank the full urns, but there is a limit to how many of them you can have. I think that I got to ten and it wouldn't let me start another one.

You can have 10 urns of one skill type with any amount in them. So yes, 10 full urns of one type is the most you can have. You can have an infinite number of charged but empty urns though. Again, this is all in the KB if people bothered reading it.

No point in banking urns you can't empty them, ecto them or altar them.

To do that you need to plain ashes.

Also lol at ppl saying the ashes aren't worth picking up.

Sure they r 7xp less than d bones, so 28xp less ecto and 21 less altar, but still they are so close they are darn good xp; even if odds are they might make prices of prayer plummet.

I mean people bound to camp black demons for them and result in simialr-ish supply to d bones.

I kind of wanted to stock up on them and open all at once. More of a psychological thing. The 625 mining XP is pretty unimpressive by itself, but if I opened 1k or so all at once it would be awesome.

You can bank the full urns, but there is a limit to how many of them you can have. I think that I got to ten and it wouldn't let me start another one.

You can have 10 urns of one skill type with any amount in them. So yes, 10 full urns of one type is the most you can have. You can have an infinite number of charged but empty urns though. Again, this is all in the KB if people bothered reading it.

No point in banking urns you can't empty them, ecto them or altar them.

To do that you need to plain ashes.

Also lol at ppl saying the ashes aren't worth picking up.

Sure they r 7xp less than d bones, so 28xp less ecto and 21 less altar, but still they are so close they are darn good xp; even if odds are they might make prices of prayer plummet.

I mean people bound to camp black demons for them and result in simialr-ish supply to d bones.

I kind of wanted to stock up on them and open all at once. More of a psychological thing. The 625 mining XP is pretty unimpressive by itself, but if I opened 1k or so all at once it would be awesome.

I'd say 1 infernal urn on its own is pretty pleasing as it gives 1875xp in 1 click; you don;t even get that when altaring.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Kill enough black demons/other demons that drop the highest ash to be 1 ash from full, yak the pottery thing then use at ecto. :thumbup:

(Will try this later).

Actually, the teleport thing is a right-click thing according to what I read, so you shouldn't need to do that. Personally, with the ashes I think it'd be better to use the urns to just collect them, at least for the infernal ashes. Assuming we can take the ashes OUT....

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Prayer is now = Cooking

I can see anyone that has 85slayer to have 99prayer in no time now.

Rofl chinning nechs will get good prayer exp as well.

Please...please tell me you were joking...I want to believe you have a brain...so please tell me that was a joke.

OT: Yay, more money from Abyssal demons, black demons (which I might now cannon + yak)....not sure if I'd give up titaning nechs though for this :unsure:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Apparently you actually need the required crafting level to charge an urn with the respective rune, so the only reason you'd buy is if you were too lazy to make / needed a vast amount.

So, can you actually altar / ecto Infernal urns filled with ash?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Tbh, this makes chinning nechs look even better... range exp from chinning, which, knowing chins, will be decent range exp, not to mention a pretty good way from crims and now semi-decent prayer exp is added to it. By itself, the prayer exp chinning them isn't much, but...

Really gotta chin them sometime.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Kuradal needs to shove some nechs in her dungeon now so that slayers have somewhere to go without being swamped by ash collectors.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

God people keep coming up with same things

1) Bonecrusher DOES NOT WORK with ashes

2) You CANNOT take ashes outta urns once they r in there

If you wanna ecto/altar urns u gotta pick em up like u do bones.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The Karamja thing is a new fruit you can buy from a local. Apparently it also saves our planet. :thumbup:

2qwklxe.png

After eating obscene amounts of that stuff, bought for a tiny sum from the natives, I proceeded to cut down dozens of trees, mined out the natural ore deposits in the area, paid vast amounts of cash to the sawmill to get some planks, killed half a dozen cows for their sinew, smelted a dozen metal bars using unrefined coal, slaughtered 26 yaks for their hair which I spun into rope, then defaced several spots of natural beauty with hidey-holes and rope racks for the convenience of abusing a rare bird species or taking shortcuts through prior undisturbed routes. After all that, I still get that warm fuzzy feeling that I did my part to save the rainforest. icon_thumbsu.gif

I lol'd

a70c7.png

68 trout

45 salmon

37 sturgeon

^^ filled up my decorated fishing urn to 100% with barbarian fly fishing.

I think 33 cavefish here

its basically 1:5 ratio

I wonder if fishing familiar contributes.

i'd wager no, i was mining coal and had the varrock armor on and the extra ore wasn't adding to my urn :(

poope.png

I WAS excited about this update, until I realized that the item is actually kept in the inventory. :???:

I thought, at first, that the item (ie. logs) would be put in the urns, and teleported away for exp. A material item for exp trade. You're losing the monetary benefit of the item for extra exp. It would open a whole new world for people like me - powertrainers. This way, it's kind of a pain in the ass. I don't want to have to keep going back to a bank for more urns; I want to fill my inventory up with them, find a secluded spot far from a bank, and powertrain until they're gone... I'm unimpressed with the update, is all. (inb4 skills are easy enough, old days were best because they were hard, yadda yadda)

I should have bought more soft clay in advance. Bought 10k soft clay for ~1M when BtS first mentioned urns - offered to sell this morning for medium price of twice that, and instead instantly sold for double medium price, 4x what I paid originally. :thumbsup:

If I had gotten more, I probably could have made 100M #-o.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

So basically it's 20% bonus xp while doing fishing, mining, cooking, woodcutting and smelting. Not going to complain about that at all, especially as they're so easy to get.

no, not all urns give same bonus.

Smelting gets about 1 to 1 xp ratio

perhaps even higher

gold ores excluded of course.

Naaxi.png

Got a Nech task just before the update, so I'm trying it out now with urns. Even with urns and spec rests I have spare invy spaces, but that might just be an unlucky task though :mellow: , so far I like how the time to repot and when the urn gets full roughly correspond, though the constant updates on how full its getting in the chat is a little annoying.

EDIT: I ran out towards the end and after I filled my invy I started scattering the ashes. Every time I see that animation I think "Lioness 32 used Sand-Attack!"

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

The Karamja thing is a new fruit you can buy from a local. Apparently it also saves our planet. :thumbup:

2qwklxe.png

After eating obscene amounts of that stuff, bought for a tiny sum from the natives, I proceeded to cut down dozens of trees, mined out the natural ore deposits in the area, paid vast amounts of cash to the sawmill to get some planks, killed half a dozen cows for their sinew, smelted a dozen metal bars using unrefined coal, slaughtered 26 yaks for their hair which I spun into rope, then defaced several spots of natural beauty with hidey-holes and rope racks for the convenience of abusing a rare bird species or taking shortcuts through prior undisturbed routes. After all that, I still get that warm fuzzy feeling that I did my part to save the rainforest. icon_thumbsu.gif

Hahaha! classic ^^

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg