15-Feb-2011- Skill Bonanza

Michael

where can i buy bronze to mithril crossbows from ? than ge or making..

bronze and iron u can buy from crossbow shops (they're mostly located in dwarven areas + lowes sells bronze crossbows)

no shops sell steel crossbows and higher.

Riiiiiight.

The GE wasn't removed with this update. :P I got Bronze for 20gp, iron for 1gp, steel for 100gp (about) and mithril for around 300gp.

Whats with the old-school-ness.

Eagle still requires you have 1 rope, but you can make a rack that has an infinite amount of ropes hanging from it right next to the Karamja, Eagle's Peak and Feldip Eagle spots. Polar and Desert Eagles have rope spawns on the floor.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait so does this mean i can use eagle with full inventory?

No you still need a rope but you basicly build an infinite rope rack so you dont need to worry about forgetting one.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

ohhh, i get what you mean now... but xp is xp still right?lol

What do you mean you still have to drop the logs? I haven't really used the new urns yet.

It would be really slow xp, which is kind of pointless.

The logs appear in your inventory like they normally would, and you have to drop or bank them. Therefore, having an inventory mostly full of urns makes bank trips or dropping more frequent, thus denting xp rates. I just don't like it. :shame:

So basiically I now have a reason to make juju wc pots. Only reason why I never did before was because they were useless for ivy. Might do mahogany/teak now then.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Do you guys think its better to bring yak instead of uni to tds now? To bank the ashes at 6k a piece. Might not even be worth it though because of the extra cost of a yak full of food instead of just uni scrolls.

Bbk.png

Decided i'd try and do all the hidey-holes and rope racks in as little inventories as possible. Hidey-holes were fine, Eagles were an absolute pain in the backside. Still don't see much of a use for them.

So is the hidey holes like Canoe now where you use the grapple but not actually having it? (and is Catherby/Taverly cliff two way now thanks to this?)

Haha decided to try out the urns, decided after 1 prayer one it wasnt worth it and decided to just kill some and bank the ashes at abbys, 1st kill without the urn nets me a whip... hmm hint much? lol

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Do you guys think its better to bring yak instead of uni to tds now? To bank the ashes at 6k a piece. Might not even be worth it though because of the extra cost of a yak full of food instead of just uni scrolls.

At most the yak will bring about 300k extra in per hour assuming 6k each ashes and 50 kills/hr. It's not really TOO much, although it still is quite a bit. I think it would become killer's preference.

Don't know if anyone's raised this yet, but urns might be awesome after evil tree -- keep your inventory loaded with urns and hack away when you're in reward mode.

I don't think that reward works on Teak or Mahogany, though, so you'd have to settle for willows or oaks. I'm not sure how much of a boost urns would provide, but they'd have their work cut out for them. (No pun intended.)

* The Winter Storage special move will once again default to the player's inventory view.

OH MY GOD!

Why are you omg for? I don't get it. Please explain :thumbup:

Because it was really annoying that it wouldn't default to our invents when we used the scrolls so he's really happy about this? :3

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

If you checked yourself instead of waiting for someone to tell you then you would know by now.

If you read my post, you'd know that I was speaking about the future (as in a prediction). :v

How crowded will black demon spots get?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

* The Winter Storage special move will once again default to the player's inventory view.

OH MY GOD!

Why are you omg for? I don't get it. Please explain :thumbup:

Because it was really annoying that it wouldn't default to our invents when we used the scrolls so he's really happy about this? :3

I didn't notice :blink: Anyhow, AWESOME.

Causse i use scroll banking alot.

Don't know if anyone's raised this yet, but urns might be awesome after evil tree -- keep your inventory loaded with urns and hack away when you're in reward mode.

I HAVE done this. :thumbup: If you lop down an elder and get 30 minutes of lep time, you could probably fill up five or six urns on willows depending on how much attention you're giving it. :thumbsup:

People farming ashes will cut into my slayer spots and annoy me.

I'm worried about this, too...

So it doesnt work with ivy, or smelting gold ore?

...you don't think ivy ruined wc enough...? <_<

Mmhmm...kinda a useless update, mind you it is to be expected. After all, with such a major one in free trade/wildy returning at the beginning of this month, they needed a useless one to balance it out. Just be glad these are f2p though...now makes a crafting cape waaaay easier to get there (especially with the higher lvl urns...1800xp per 2 soft clay?! Xp/gp ratio is under 1)

div>

Mmhmm...kinda a useless update, mind you it is to be expected. After all, with such a major one in free trade/wildy returning at the beginning of this month, they needed a useless one to balance it out. Just be glad these are f2p though...now makes a crafting cape waaaay easier to get there (especially with the higher lvl urns...1800xp per 2 soft clay?! Xp/gp ratio is under 1)

And the award for talking out your ass goes too...

The top level urn only nets 130xp for making it. 130xp per 2 soft clay maximum.

Plus unless I'm misreading the kb etc f2p can only make up to "woodcutting urn" which is only 80xp for making.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue