15-Feb-2011- Skill Bonanza

Michael

So it doesnt work with ivy, or smelting gold ore?

...you don't think ivy ruined wc enough...? <_<

Mind, you're speaking to someone who's at 142M woodcutting XP largely thanks to ivy ;)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mining urns work on living minerals. Its little xp though but its good to have a little extra when doing a task and you only need 2 or 3 urns.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

The Karamja thing is a new fruit you can buy from a local. Apparently it also saves our planet. :thumbup:

2qwklxe.png

After eating obscene amounts of that stuff, bought for a tiny sum from the natives, I proceeded to cut down dozens of trees, mined out the natural ore deposits in the area, paid vast amounts of cash to the sawmill to get some planks, killed half a dozen cows for their sinew, smelted a dozen metal bars using unrefined coal, slaughtered 26 yaks for their hair which I spun into rope, then defaced several spots of natural beauty with hidey-holes and rope racks for the convenience of abusing a rare bird species or taking shortcuts through prior undisturbed routes. After all that, I still get that warm fuzzy feeling that I did my part to save the rainforest. icon_thumbsu.gif

=D>

top_lel_face.png

Mmhmm...kinda a useless update, mind you it is to be expected. After all, with such a major one in free trade/wildy returning at the beginning of this month, they needed a useless one to balance it out. Just be glad these are f2p though...now makes a crafting cape waaaay easier to get there (especially with the higher lvl urns...1800xp per 2 soft clay?! Xp/gp ratio is under 1)

No urn gives you anywhere close to that amount of xp when you make it. I can see where you got mixed up....but please make sure you fully read the information.

It's also not a useless update, it's just not ground breaking or huge.

Making urns is pretty good xp for f2p crafting, considering their previous methods were basically tiaras/hard bodies, and the extra xp from the urns, while not huge, is still extra xp. Experienced power trainers will be able to use these urns without missing a beat.

The new ashes also create an alternate option for prayer training. While not as fast as dragons bones, I forsee their price being lower then dragon bones enough to be better gp/xp, so those looking to be cheap have another option much better then big bones now.

The alternations to a few of the shortcuts is also pretty decent for their few Niche uses.

Canoe system for F2p is also quiet nice.

Being able to make soft clay right at a water source will also bring another money maker to f2p.

This update is far from useless...it's just not amazing is all.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

- The bank pin system has had a major overhaul, making it slightly faster and safer to use

Lol I was so confused at my bank pin today, just thought I had a good connection today, until I read this. Bank Pins are so much faster now kept misclicking. lol

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Does anyone know how to actually build the hidey-holes and rope racks?

I have all the materials, but I keeps telling me "Nothing interesting happens." :angry:

Edit: Never mind, I forgot to right click. Fail me. :razz:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Why do the prayer urns stop at 62 crafting though? Why not make a higher levelled one like the Decorated urns at something like lvl 89 which holds the following ashes?

50 Infernal ashes

250 Accursed ashes

800 Impious ashes

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Gathering Soft Clay

The Sapphire Bracelet of Clay (696 gp on GE) makes any mined clay appear as soft clay.

You may also mine at one of two locations for speed based on how much you're willing to spend (and later get back).

Option 1) Varrock City clay north of Champions' Guild.

Using the Sapphire Skills Necklace (14832 gp on GE) and any pickaxe begin mining the 2 clay rocks southwest of Varrock's wall. Rub the Skill Necklace, teleport to Cooking Guild. Head to Varrock west bank, restock 1 Bracelet of Clay every run, and 1 Skill Necklace every 4th run.

Option 2) Draynor Village clay north of city limits.

Using the Dragonstone Amulet of Glory (67067 gp on GE) and any pickaxe begin mining the 4 clay rocks north of Draynor Village (south of Draynor Manor). Rub the Amulet of Glory, teleport to Draynor Village. Head to Draynor Village bank, restock 1 Bracelet of Clay every run, and 1 Amulet of Glory every 4th run.

Considering the current rate per soft clay on GE (over 200 per item) you can actually earn around 50k gp every 10-15 minutes using either method. Or you can make urns which don't sell on GE at current rate (once we know the street price then we will know the GE price).

Crafting Urns

There's a nearby pottery wheel north of Draynor Village bank. So far this is the quickest way to make urns.

Honestly I think Jagex should re-distribute some of the xp rewards gained from urns. The highest mining urn (decorated I think it was) gains 625 xp when teleported. Keep in mind, this is MINING, where you can't afk. The highest Woodcutting urn (strong decorated or something) grants ~1.6k per urn (cbf looking up exact xp) for standing at a tree mindlessly chopping away at it. This doesn't really seem fair to me.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Honestly I think Jagex should re-distribute some of the xp rewards gained from urns. The highest mining urn (decorated I think it was) gains 625 xp when teleported. Keep in mind, this is MINING, where you can't afk. The highest Woodcutting urn (strong decorated or something) grants ~1.6k per urn (cbf looking up exact xp) for standing at a tree mindlessly chopping away at it. This doesn't really seem fair to me.

Jagex doesn't want all skills trained at the same pace, so having slower skills award less xp is completely within the line of logic.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Agreed, get 77 Mining then tell me if you still cant AFk it.

Aren't these urns completely useless in mining 77-99?

You waste one spot for the urn + a spot for runes + a lava titan (since you have to take a yak or another bob with you, packed with urns).

-> a loss of 2 inv spots AND no lava titan.

Same logic applies for fishing cavefish/rocktail.

Since ivy is #1 for woodcutting and urns don't work at this, more or less useless for this skill too?

Agility and hunter aren't included (2 skills where banking is less of an issue imo) so that means this update has 0 use for me.

Great. <_<

People using mousekeys have an even greater advantage now.

Agreed, get 77 Mining then tell me if you still cant AFk it.

Aren't these urns completely useless in mining 77-99?

You waste one spot for the urn + a spot for runes + a lava titan (since you have to take a yak or another bob with you, packed with urns).

-> a loss of 2 inv spots AND no lava titan.

Same logic applies for fishing cavefish/rocktail.

Since ivy is #1 for woodcutting and urns don't work at this, more or less useless for this skill too?

Agility and hunter aren't included (2 skills where banking is less of an issue imo) so that means this update has 0 use for me.

Great. <_<

People using mousekeys have an even greater advantage now.

Have you actually fished Rocktails? The deposit box is like 15 seconds away. I usually don't even catch a rocktail in those 15 seconds.

I don't quite understand why loads of people are labelling this update as useless..

They take such a small amount of time to make yet when used constantly you've got a great boost to your xp per hour!

Yes in the LRC they're not brill unless you have yak + jujus and can afford the invent space they take up, and dont work for ivy (great imo, more real woodcutting)

Its definately a good incentive to use the less often used methods of training with the extra xp gained per hour

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Have you actually fished Rocktails? The deposit box is like 15 seconds away. I usually don't even catch a rocktail in those 15 seconds.

Still, you need to rebank quicker and you loose the benefit of the granite lobster which boosts your lvl AND fishes for you.

Epic free crafting & magic xp

1. Mine clay @ crafting guide

2. Use with sink since now there in no need for buckets

3. Make urns

4. If you made strong urns or above, high alch them for profit $$$

free crafting and magic xp

EDIT: Also prayer urn + cannoning black demons = afk range and prayer xp

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Still, you need to rebank quicker and you loose the benefit of the granite lobster which boosts your lvl AND fishes for you.

You catch a grand total of like 100 Rocktails in the duration of a Granite Lobster.

Fishing Rod + Minerals + 4 urns = You need to make 5 bank trips. Don't bring the urns, and you make 4 bank trips. So you save a whopping 30 seconds by not using the Urns throughout the life of a Granite lobster. Sure, you wouldn't want to camp for 4 lobsters with urns, but it's not like it's hard to get back to LRC (SSS -> Lassar -> a minute's walk). I tele after about an hour of fishing anyways to do an Herb run.

might start training with these in f2p. i tryed fishing and it was only 500xp but every little helps and it does add up quiet fast

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?