18-Feb-2011 - You brought back the Wildy�now you can prove it!

Saradomin_Mage

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We couldnt have brought back the Wilderness without your votes and support,

Yes you could have Jagex, you just wanted to drum up some artificially inflated PR around the update, excuse me, the rollback, before actually doing it. Like those of us with brains actually believe such a massive change to the game was done in only 2 weeks?

the amount of people in this topic who have never entered the wilderness save the old clue is unreal

you hate it so much but if you spent your days cutting yew trees how would you know.....?

I see why free trade but the bashing of the wilderness is pretty outta' control for people who have never pked

jus' sayin'

inb4 inefficient pker learn to skill etc the whole lot

Maybe those of us who hate it so much have legitimate reasons to? Like, maybe, being harassed by jerkwad pkers for no good reason except we happened to be near them? Yes, we know it's the Wild and that it's dangerous, blah blah blah, but when you immature and imbecelic morons decide to camp out with all your buddies with the sole purpose to prey on and victimize those players who are just going about their business, it's understandable that there will be feelings of frustration, animosity and hatred toward pkers and their realm, nee, the Wilderness.

Plus, Jagex has been absolutely obsessed with the Wilderness since the middle of January. Okay, so it's back after 5 years and pkers can go back to their mindless slaughter, yay? What do they want, a cookie? Some orange juice? Whoopdie freaking-doo. Those of us who don't pk are just tired of the last month's worth of newsposts being centered wholly around something that a large portion of the playerbase doesn't care about. Only 5 of the 15 newsposts on their toolbar aren't about the Wild, and then only 2 of those are about actual game content (skill urns and the gnome update).

Since all of RS seems to be waxing nostalgic for "Ye Olden Dayes", I miss the days when almost every newspost was about some new, interesting update to the game content, even if it was just a list of bugfixes. Just about every week saw a new quest, expansion of a favorite skill, or new map areas to explore. Nowadays, it's "community event this" or "clan event that". We're lucky to get one quest a month anymore, and the less said of the quality of those quests, the better. Except for the urns, we haven't seen a proper skill update since the last set of Dungeoneering floors was released back in, what, November? No, I don't count Herblore Habitat as a proper skill update - that'd be like saying Nex was a combat skill update.

That's why we're hating on the Wilderness; bringing it back has brought all other development to a grinding halt for over a month. It's great that pkers have their domain back and are having fun again, I'm truly happy for all of you - I put myself in your shoes by thinking how I'd react if they took out my favorite part of RS for five years then put it back in - I'd be ecstatic! But it's been over 2 weeks since the update was made, and over 2 months since it was first announced. Let's move on already.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

First they make a phoney poll, then they add "I brought Wilderness back!" T-shirts to shop, and now Jagex is releasing a wallpaper or something that proves that I SirHemen brought Wildy back.

Job interview:

Employar: So is there anything else you want to say before we end this interview?

Possible Employee: I brought Wilderness back! :thumbup:

Oh I used to PK. It's not that I hate PKing. I just don't like how Jagex is shoving the activity down our throats.

[hide=Wait, ForsakenMage PKed?]tomatpaj.jpg

abcs633.jpg

dimbleturen.jpg[/hide]

They're not so much as shoving it down our throats, though. They're posting it on the website for those interested in taking part. Just remember, it was gone for 3 years.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

We couldnt have brought back the Wilderness without your votes and support,

Yes you could have Jagex, you just wanted to drum up some artificially inflated PR around the update, excuse me, the rollback, before actually doing it. Like those of us with brains actually believe such a massive change to the game was done in only 2 weeks?

the amount of people in this topic who have never entered the wilderness save the old clue is unreal

you hate it so much but if you spent your days cutting yew trees how would you know.....?

I see why free trade but the bashing of the wilderness is pretty outta' control for people who have never pked

jus' sayin'

Maybe those of us who hate it so much have legitimate reasons to? Like, maybe, being harassed by jerkwad pkers for no good reason except we happened to be near them? Yes, we know it's the Wild and that it's dangerous, blah blah blah, but when you immature and imbecelic morons decide to camp out with all your buddies with the sole purpose to prey on and victimize those players who are just going about their business, it's understandable that there will be feelings of frustration, animosity and hatred toward pkers and their realm, nee, the Wilderness.

Plus, Jagex has been absolutely obsessed with the Wilderness since the middle of January. Okay, so it's back after 5 years and pkers can go back to their mindless slaughter, yay? What do they want, a cookie? Some orange juice? Whoopdie freaking-doo. Those of us who don't pk are just tired of the last month's worth of newsposts being centered wholly around something that a large portion of the playerbase doesn't care about. Only 5 of the 15 newsposts on their toolbar aren't about the Wild, and then only 2 of those are about actual game content (skill urns and the gnome update).

Since all of RS seems to be waxing nostalgic for "Ye Olden Dayes", I miss the days when almost every newspost was about some new, interesting update to the game content, even if it was just a list of bugfixes. Just about every week saw a new quest, expansion of a favorite skill, or new map areas to explore. Nowadays, it's "community event this" or "clan event that". We're lucky to get one quest a month anymore, and the less said of the quality of those quests, the better. Except for the urns, we haven't seen a proper skill update since the last set of Dungeoneering floors was released back in, what, November? No, I don't count Herblore Habitat as a proper skill update - that'd be like saying Nex was a combat skill update.

That's why we're hating on the Wilderness; bringing it back has brought all other development to a grinding halt for over a month. It's great that pkers have their domain back and are having fun again, I'm truly happy for all of you - I put myself in your shoes by thinking how I'd react if they took out my favorite part of RS for five years then put it back in - I'd be ecstatic! But it's been over 2 weeks since the update was made, and over 2 months since it was first announced. Let's move on already.

You've had 3 years of skilling and pvm updates that didn't affect any pker at all. Didn't stop to think we might be sick of that as well?

Secondly, it was 3 years but that's fine if you didn't pk you wouldn't know.

I strongly believe you do not have a reason to hate pking if you've never done it, you're in the wild, to a pker your only business is pking which will cause you to obviously be attacked.

You have the ability to use prayer, teleports, food, do you not? All these get you away from the "jerkwad pkers" in seconds.

Why shouldn't Jagex be obsessed? They've probably made more money in the months of january and february than they have in their entire career.

Sure going back to my mindless slaughter is awesome.(being the moronic imbecile I am) Just like you running to yew trees or wherever your skilling preference is. I didn't call you an imbecile for enjoying skilling. I merely stated your (speaking for the group of skillers or whatever, here) knowledge of the wild is nearly non existent so why bash it?

You're trying to look from both sides but honestly you're doing horribly.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

First they make a phoney poll, then they add "I brought Wilderness back!" T-shirts to shop, and now Jagex is releasing a wallpaper or something that proves that I SirHemen brought Wildy back.

Job interview:

Employar: So is there anything else you want to say before we end this interview?

Possible Employee: I brought Wilderness back! :thumbup:

Hahaha, thats just brilliant. Pull out the cap at that exact moment and wear it while :thumbup:

-

As for some other posts talking about how people hate wildy. I dont reckon half the people hate wildy or pkers. Its just getting a tinsy bit old now on jagex part. Its not even the last month..its been years of hearing about it and accepting huge amounts of updates directed towards pkers. Which is fine.. (edit: and even if pkers hated those updates too it was still 'meant' for them and basically excluded everyone else.) but now, greater than ever, BAM BAM BAM, WILD WILD WILD. Its ridiculous at this point. ...A wall of names that voted yes... ...ok jagex. Firstly you allowed goofy to setup some bogus poll. It was funny and even funnier to see you cover it up, but at this point everyone knows the wild came back. Pkers are happy. Skillers are happy..but im sure sooner or later everyone is ganna eventually get sick of hearing about it!

Free trade was bigger than wild anyway. I mean c'mon, it effected everyone on a much more fundamental level. They dont seem to half go on about FREETRADE T'SHIRTS!! I brought back freetrade!

Actually I lie, maybe they do.. I havnt looked in the shop. What I do know is the their own adverts that built into their news part of webpage advertising the wild, which shows pages that flip around advertising the wild again and again and again in a cycle.. Annoying because its part of the news section I feel the need to allow that dang advertisement as sooner or later they might have some real news.

-

Anyway, as for facebook its unnecessary and if they really wanted to do that they could of combined it with the other many 'updates' concerning the wild. Just combine it all into one big update post. Just change title/picture so those who are interested know its been updated. At this point I think its become necessary. Thats what we do on forums. Why? Because it gets spammy to the point it annoys people. The front page is one of the main sources of news. All sorts of news! Not just wildy, that can be put into one thread so to speak.

Whats next?

Some twitter update concerning wild? A community event.

Myspace? A wild page. Wild music.

..Oh wait.. they already done similar or different 'updates' like this. Each with their own little 'update' page.

I even thought "skill bonanza" update was probably wildy related at first, as [developmentally delayed]ed as that seems.

@the guy arguing against dargon: we've had 3 years of updates period, and ever stop to think that a ton of them have revolved around pkers? Every weopen, herblore, summoning, and combat-skill update has been 99%ly focused on pkers, and pkers alone. Adding this free trade/wildy update was a nice change, but the way that they presented it? It was like they were purposely trying to rub it in the faces of everyone who couldn't really care about that update. It's like what you said at the end of your post..."You're trying to look from both sides but honestly you're doing horribly"....hell, looking at one side you're still doing horribly.

div>

let's start with herblore - none of the new extreme potions can be used in pvp, so that's out

summoning: there are no familiars that pkers use that are not used in PvE

weapons: the only new weapons that only used only by pkers are vesta's, morrigan's, and zuriel's weapons

Summoning: familiars aid pkers severely, to the point of being a crutch. Even if they're still used in pve, in pvp, they're abused a hell of a lot more.

Weopens: korasi and d'claws (need I explain more?)

As for herblore, I was fairly certain that extremes were used by pkers. Even if they aren't, then just swap out herblore for prayer and my arguement still has merit.

div>

jus' sayin'

So if someone dislikes the wilderness for any of the thousands of possible reasons there are that means they've NEVER pked? That is so logical, nothing about that sounds wrong to me, actually that sounds 100% factual.

/end of sarcasm

WHY do people not realise that this imaginary divide between skillers and pkers is [bleep]ing mindblowingly stupid. You know, it is possible to "skill" and pk with one account right? You know your not restricted to one or the other...right?

Sylpheed.png

I'd be more ashamed to tell somebody I had a facebook account than tell them I play runescape.

And I would be most ashamed to tell them that I voted yes to the return of clown-time.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

@the guy arguing against dargon: we've had 3 years of updates period, and ever stop to think that a ton of them have revolved around pkers? Every weopen, herblore, summoning, and combat-skill update has been 99%ly focused on pkers, and pkers alone. Adding this free trade/wildy update was a nice change, but the way that they presented it? It was like they were purposely trying to rub it in the faces of everyone who couldn't really care about that update. It's like what you said at the end of your post..."You're trying to look from both sides but honestly you're doing horribly"....hell, looking at one side you're still doing horribly.

Lol

Summoning: familiars aid pkers severely, to the point of being a crutch. Even if they're still used in pve, in pvp, they're abused a hell of a lot more.

As for herblore, I was fairly certain that extremes were used by pkers. Even if they aren't, then just swap out herblore for prayer and my arguement still has merit.

Lol v2

jus' sayin'

So if someone dislikes the wilderness for any of the thousands of possible reasons there are that means they've NEVER pked? That is so logical, nothing about that sounds wrong to me, actually that sounds 100% factual.

/end of sarcasm

WHY do people not realise that this imaginary divide between skillers and pkers is [bleep]ing mindblowingly stupid. You know, it is possible to "skill" and pk with one account right? You know your not restricted to one or the other...right?

they haven't pk'd enough to make a sensible argument about it, so I'd assume so.

The only argument I've seen is pkers sad!!!!!!!!! kill me when do clue omg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To me that seems like someone who's never done a damn thing regarding pking.

If you can provide some form of proof that you have entered the wilderness to do something other than spy on penguins and get your yew comp bow from a clue(and still dislike it) I will cease my argument.

enaidlool.png

what do you mean by abused?

those are used just as often in PvE, contrary to the "99% for pkers and pkers only"

do you even play runescape? just wondering. and no, your argument doesn't hold up because turmoil is more useful in PvE than in PvP

Lol

Lol v2

jus' sayin'

/end of sarcasm

they haven't pk'd enough to make a sensible argument about it, so I'd assume so.

The only argument I've seen is pkers sad!!!!!!!!! kill me when do clue omg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can provide some form of proof that you have entered the wilderness to do something other than spy on penguins and get your yew comp bow from a clue(and still dislike it) I will cease my argument.

You must have misunderstood me. I didn't once say I dislike the wilderness so I don't need to prove anything. I like to pk and I also like to skill; because it is possible to do both however hard that may be to comprehend.

Sylpheed.png

Lol

Lol v2

jus' sayin'

/end of sarcasm

You must have misunderstood me. I didn't once say I dislike the wilderness so I don't need to prove anything. I like to pk and I also like to skill; because it is possible to do both however hard that may be to comprehend.

My original point(which you quoted) was to the guy saying all pkers are imbeciles and morons.

I'm not entirely sure, but I'm almost positive he doesn't pk.

enaidlool.png

I'm gonna make some faceboks named

Runescape Sucks

dan gleesack

and so on and so forth. So they'll help bring the wildy back ;)

Way to be a bitter no voter. :thumbup:

I'm sure Jagex will feel oh so embarrassed after that

*giant facepalm*

All I do is pk....

and yea I bet when thousands of people get that idea. They will.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

I'd be more ashamed to tell somebody I had a facebook account than tell them I play runescape.

And I would be most ashamed to tell them that I voted yes to the return of clown-time.

Really? Almost everyone I know has a facebook account....why would you be ashamed to say "hey, I have an account on a website everyone else does!"? Or do you live in this weird town nobody has ever heard of where facebook is considered fail, and you get made fun of for it?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I was agaisnt the re-reinstatement of the wilderness - before you call me a skiller.

Here's a quick picture summary of what i did before it's removal. Uploaded some of the few hundred i had saved.

[hide=oh das can pk]

tooclosetocall.png

jamiemacd.png

campdead.png

ownedko.png

fookdm.png

minerdead.jpg

deadwalker.jpg

fullruneko.png

[/hide]

No fear, no safeing, Death cannot conquer you when you do not fear it. and KNOW you cannot die, because you're that damn good. Mess with the best, die like the rest.

campdeadx3.png

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

non-mem pre 2007 pking.

Pro [cabbage] man :thumbup:

I'd hate to fight you with a gravite 2h :rolleyes:

I'm honestly sick of all this talk about the Wilderness...as if it was the ONLY thing that was brought back with the update.

What about free trade? That has a much greater impact on the average player then the wilderness ever has, and it's hardly been mentioned. Why can't jagex made "I brought back free trade" shirts? Why do Pkers get all the attention from this update?

On a slightly unrelated note....has anyone seen those new Dancing for Money bots? I get quiet a laugh out of them.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I'd hate to fight you with a gravite 2h :rolleyes:

I'd still bring it like it's never been brung because i'm second to none.

Had four little idiots attack me while rcing this week - Let them kill me as it's just 28 ess lulz, Bank, gear up and beat them down. I tell them, this is my house, always is, always will be. They listen.

These new weapons are bs, doesn't appeal to me, if i wanted a fast paced pvp system i'd go pay a real mmo like wow money. LoL

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln