18-Feb-2011 - You brought back the Wildy�now you can prove it!

Saradomin_Mage

Why are people ashamed about playing runescape? :-k

I don't get it either. My mates still know I play, they used to give me [cabbage] for it, but stopped caring when I did. Not like it matters.

And ha! Facebook! HA!

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that hate.... :mellow:

I think this is pretty neat, especially if it turns out to be a nice picture. Some of you take this way too seriously.

This. Haters gonna hate.

I don't use Facebook either, so it doesn't affect me.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Why are people ashamed about playing runescape? :-k

It'll make you instantly die a virgin.

That's only if you're really public about it though.

Like if you tell someone in real life that you have a Runescape account. Boom. Dead virgin.

A but drastic don't ya think? If you have to hide from your friends, how good of friends are they? My friends know I play Runescape. *Looks at fiane and son sleeping* as do they.

Anyway this art thing is completely pointless. I voted I don't care. Where is my recognition? I knew if I voted anything but yes bring it back I would be on the losing end of the vote. I still run to the ge to sell stuff, it's just more annoying now cuz im sure ill sell something, then realize I could have click the +5% button 14 times and still sold it...

I realize the art developers aren't giving us the game content, but seriously, Real content please.

35b9enp.jpg

Makes me a bit irritated reading this constant stream of wilderness related stuff that Jagex is forcing down our throats...

less community [developmentally delayed]ation, more content.

thanks.

i didn't vote for the return of RWT/Scamming and the sort - so i guess i'm not historically significant to jagex. I Hardly care.

ew, no, never

Sums up by thoughts.

Well my name won't be on there lol.

Win, mine won't either. :P

"And to the 600,000 of you who voted no on the poll, have a nice day!"

I get the distinct impression Jagex is gonna [rooster] this up.

Simply because: They keep banging on about "a million of you voted to bring it back" but if we go back and look yes there were a million votes overall but a good 1/4 of thoose votes went to No and I don't care.

Yet somehow I get the impression every single names gonna turn up on this piece of "art"

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No, I'm not going to link my Facebook account with Runescape. It's not out of any kind of insecurity complex that some people here have going on, it's just that I think that my Facebook account is about my public life, talking to people, social events and so on. Not silly things like games that I play in my free time. icon_mad.gif

It's like those stupid Farmville posts, nobody cares about your progress in a game apart from the people you play the game with.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Simply because: They keep banging on about "a million of you voted to bring it back" but if we go back and look yes there were a million votes overall but a good 9/100 of thoose votes went to No and I don't care.

Yet somehow I get the impression every single names gonna turn up on this piece of "art"

fixed it for you since your maths seem to be a bit behind the curve. 7 + 2 =/= 25

pere_grin.png

Simply because: They keep banging on about "a million of you voted to bring it back" but if we go back and look yes there were a million votes overall but a good 9/100 of thoose votes went to No and I don't care.

fixed it for you since your maths seem to be a bit behind the curve. 7 + 2 =/= 25

I didn't know the exact numbers it was estimate, but it still holds true a fair chunk of the 1 million did not vote for it to come back.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Whatever happened to voter confidentiality lol >.>

Meh, most of my friends know I play RS but there is still no way I'm adding it on Facebook.

Hunter

rawr7zv.gif

Thanks to Goldwolflord, megadedhed, willmcdermot, Biabf, jak722, born2die, Mediumwell, xxxShade, Random, speedofsound, edtheripper, and Alduron for the awesome sig

From what it reads; they're making the image with all our display names and then we can "tag" them if we want, if we don't, our names will still be on the image any way.

They're probably doing it for another "world record" probably "the most user-tagged image on facebook".

They're probably doing it for another "world record" probably "the most user-tagged image on facebook".

Now hang on, there's no need to be spiteful. It's a badly thought out idea, but at least there's good intentions.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Please link your facebook account with your runescape one so we can sell your information to advertising companies - oops i mean make some art :twss:

I thought they are already doing it with their toolbar.

Why would anybody want to connect their real life name and pictures (and other personal information) with their RuneScape screenname...? Blows my mind.

Indeed [add finger pointing downwards here]

1. Why do we have this rule?

We have this rule in place to protect your privacy and ensure your safety. Not only may giving out your personal details affect the security of your account (as they may be used to make a false account recovery request), but it is also risky to tell people you meet over the internet your personal details.

2. What do personal details include?

Personal details are considered to include full name, email addresses, instant messenger screen names/contact details, telephone numbers, your home/school address or age.

The irony. The amount of it flying around right now is astonishing.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Why would anybody want to connect their real life name and pictures (and other personal information) with their RuneScape screenname...? Blows my mind.

Why would you put your personal details on your facebook?

I would assume most people on facebook lie about themselves and the person behind the account is somebody different.

A better questions still is why put incriminating evidence about yourself on facebook so law enforcement and potential employers can read about the "real" you.

I personally don't know since I fail to see the charm of facebook, but I hear about people doing such all the time and really screwing themselves over.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I would assume most people on facebook lie about themselves and the person behind the account is somebody different.

A better questions still is why put incriminating evidence about yourself on facebook so law enforcement and potential employers can read about the "real" you.

I personally don't know since I fail to see the charm of facebook, but I hear about people doing such all the time and really screwing themselves over.

True, it is stupid to have personal information on Facebook in the first place. But the problem is people still do put enough information on their facebook for you to show up at their school, place of work or even house. They put pictures of themselves drunk and on drugs on their facebook, or even as a profile picture. I'd say your assumption is pretty inaccurate - most of the people I see using facebook aren't lying about a single thing on their facebook. And of course that is a scary thing.

For me, I like my online activities to be completely separate from real life and would never participate if I had a facebook. Although it won't surprise me when a large number of people do, which gives Jagex the wrong message.

1.png
generic_signature.png

the update bringing wildy and free trade back IS AWESOME!!! I honestly don't have a single complaint. And if u got scammed, im sorry but you fail. its so ez to avoid getting scammed

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

On the whole facebook thing its about knowing what to set ur privacy settings at.

You can control what people who don't know you see based on the privacy settings for unknowns and for networks

Then you can control what friends see what based on lists.

Most people have it set up so random folks cant see anything beyond their name and like where they r from and 1 pic, people in their network can see a few details and only friends see the lot

Plv6Dz6.jpg

what.

Anyway, I don't particularly care if people on Facebook know I play Runescape, but I also don't care enough about free trade and the wilderness to want to tag myself in that photo. Plus, it'll make me go all OCD if my tagged photos have a picture that isn't actually me in them.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

the update bringing wildy and free trade back IS AWESOME!!! I honestly don't have a single complaint. And if u got scammed, im sorry but you fail. its so ez to avoid getting scammed

On-topic fail. We're talking about the next big-ass publicity stunt Jagex is pulling by posting a picture of all the people who voted for the wilderness/FT on Facebook, not the actual return.

Read before you post.

a70c7.png