21-Feb-2011 - Attack of the WildyWyrms!

Michael

Nex update was much needed to prevent it from being the next Kalphite Queen lair but for different reasons.

WildyWyrm looks really disappointing, why are all these monster so easy? The hati wolf was incredibly easy to solo also.

Because its made for everyone, so even level 30s can get the drop if they have a good team.

just a thought, isent it a bit odd that right after hati goes, we get another temp monster to hunt?

would be intresting is the angle jagex is going for is to make a new short term mini-boss thing every few weeks.

It's great- they waste all that programming and graphics on something relatively useless and then make it vanish!

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate holidays just for the sole reason of jagex wasting resources to give useless holiday events, so I don't like this any better

Agreed 110%. It actually pisses me off that my money contributed to this sorry excuse of an update.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I hate holidays just for the sole reason of jagex wasting resources to give useless holiday events, so I don't like this any better

Agreed 110%. It actually pisses me off that my money contributed to this sorry excuse of an update.

yeah, if there going to pit the effort into making new bosses- something that runescape badly needs- how about they make them permenant, and you know, actually worth killing?

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

;_;

287b5w.jpg

yeah, if there going to pit the effort into making new bosses- something that runescape badly needs- how about they make them permenant, and you know, actually worth killing?

Yeah... I love how they added dungeoning bosses in BATCHES, repeatedly, without releasing a single overworld boss. And then we get one overworld boss.

Whyyyyyyy

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Yeah... I love how they added dungeoning bosses in BATCHES, repeatedly, without releasing a single overworld boss. And then we get one overworld boss.

Whyyyyyyy

They should release resource dungeons with dungeoneering bosses in them tbh. All they'd need to come up with is drop tables, they could have 20+ new boss monsters, for a variety of levels right there.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

They're temporary which sucks but they really aren't too bad. Killed maybe 6 and made about 800k in drops using welfare gear and sharks. I stopped killing them but I know my friend killed about 60 or so without a fury shark. The sharks would be a little less pointless if the drop rate was closer to 1:10. I didn't read through the entire thread but ice spells hit hard against them. I know ice blitz hits at least 560 without any boosts(i.e. staff of light and wolpertinger). The guy I was with didn't have ice barrage so I don't know how high it hits.

Probably just lucky but the drops worth mentioning were 4 dragon daggers p++ (2 per drop) and 100 dragon bolts(e)(about 660k). Although I'm not sure how much of that is luck because the friend I mentioned earlier got another 100 dragon bolts and 10 dragon daggers.

Dungeoneering bosses are a serious joke. You can do most of them without any gear just using a decent weapon with 2 or 3 kills. I don't see how added them to the overworld with overloads and brews and better gear will make them any less of a joke.

Dungeoneering bosses are a serious joke. You can do most of them without any gear just using a decent weapon with 2 or 3 kills. I don't see how added them to the overworld with overloads and brews and better gear will make them any less of a joke.

The balancing is irrelevant. You can make any boss as hard or easy as you want by turning its attack and strength levels up and down. Look at stomp on a c1 and then stomp on a c6 5:5. They are not the same.

The bulk of the work on a boss is mechanics and graphics, and dungeoneering bosses all got those in spades. It would be easy to take the existing mechanics and graphics and rebalance them to work with overworld gear and supplies.

Part of why the majority of Overworld bosses suck is because they were designed with the old HP caps, which were fine when GWD just came out, but since the addition of xpots, turmoil, and claws... 2550 HP is nothing. What makes Nex so difficult is that she has something like 50K total HP.

td2sig.jpg

At least the Nex droprate got improved; but otherwise, yeah. Another one of those "OMG WILDERNESS" updates they seem to be flooding the frontpage with. Except this time, it actually has relevance in-game. For a fraction of the year. And that relevance amounts to a new boss-monster for Jmods to play with on their break that drops something that won't have a crap be given about it, AND disappears with the worms. So it's about as relevant as the rest of the "OMG WILDERNESS" flood to the majority of 'scapers. The only way for the worm half of this "update" to be more pathetic is if the worms to actually end up being easier to kill once a Jmod takes control of one. And not because they lower the worm's stats...

a70c7.png

mellow.gif Runescape needs more bosses? That's news to me. I would think that what the game 'badly needs' would be the Smithing update, fixing up neglected content like Trouble Brewing and Charm Sprites, or adding more depth to some non-combat skills like Firemaking, Fletching or Thieving.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

mellow.gif Runescape needs more bosses? That's news to me. I would think that what the game 'badly needs' would be the Smithing update, fixing up neglected content like Trouble Brewing and Charm Sprites, or adding more depth to some non-combat skills like Firemaking, Fletching or Thieving.

The reason people say we need more bosses is because the ones we have are extremely easy (other then nex). Even corp was soloed with no food, and that's just....bad....we need more bosses like nex, where there's actually a challenge.

However, I do agree that fixing up all the skills to actually be somewhat useful is more important.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Whyyyyyyy

They should release resource dungeons with dungeoneering bosses in them tbh. All they'd need to come up with is drop tables, they could have 20+ new boss monsters, for a variety of levels right there.

indeed, a resourse dunge boss is soemthing that would benefit the game, even if its like sumona's slayer dungeion and you can only kill them once to unlock something else.

basic point beeing, maybe twice the time to make it, but it will last infineitly longer.

random thought, there should be a resourse dungeion with a herb patch in it.

lets not turn this in to a thread about what rs needs, we all know rs needs plenty of things, bosses and smithing update inclueded.

but saying that, true.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

There may be an interesting side-benefit to the WildyWyrm later on. That it can be Mod controlled suggests that it can also be player controlled. Would it be interesting to have instanced dungeons where certain clan members can play the Boss and Lieutenant level monsters? Anyone care to give a go against an instanced version of Daggonoth King lair with three player controlled Kings? How about a house dungeon with a player controlled steel dragon?

Now, the distributed drops from Nex is a really good addition (suggested WAY, WAY back to when the Kalphite Queen was released). Jagex should look into that for other boss monsters from now one.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

There may be an interesting side-benefit to the WildyWyrm later on. That it can be Mod controlled suggests that it can also be player controlled. Would it be interesting to have instanced dungeons where certain clan members can play the Boss and Lieutenant level monsters? Anyone care to give a go against an instanced version of Daggonoth King lair with three player controlled Kings? How about a house dungeon with a player controlled steel dragon?

Now, the distributed drops from Nex is a really good addition (suggested WAY, WAY back to when the Kalphite Queen was released). Jagex should look into that for other boss monsters from now one.

I don't know exactly how it would be implemented into a DG - how would exp/etc work? If they just got free exp, it'd be easy to just have one sacrifice his time and control the bosses make them dumb and walk around in circles while being attacked and such.

However, I feel like this would be an absolutely amazing idea for the POH's. It would be extremely cool if you could stick some overworld bosses in there i.e GWD guys, Barrow brothers, and the likes.

Imagine trying to kill these guys in a multi combat zone where they can all target just one guy and all put on different attack styles.

It would be a lot more then your same old same old monster/scenery/attacks all day long.

capt%20kevin.png

Leaving the Dungeoneering castle area will now kick players from a party. It is no longer possible to form a party outside of this area.
Why? Is there any way to see what floors one has left, other than going there?

Not at the moment, no. Pretty inconvenient update but apparently it's because of a bug related to that.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

To be brutally honest, I often wonder if people just say that certain 'high level' content is 'easy' just to make themselves seem better at the game than they actually are. It's like that Four Yorkshiremen sketch. But I digress.

Jagex should prioritise things right. The Hati Wolf was fine because it was a novelty, gave a decent reward, and is likely to return next year. The lore of it was pretty nice too. These WildyWyrms, as fun as they sound to do once, feel completely pointless. They don't contribute anything to the game.

That said, there's something about that 'WildyWyrm!!' poster that cracks me up. icon_e_biggrin.gif

~ W ~

sigzi.png

;_;

In your haste to whine you forget that Jagex hinted that Hati will be back, so why do you say that the programming is "wasted"? If they're developing a rotating set of temporary bosses, I think that's a nice addition. Each of us can look forward to the return of the one that we like best.

punitivedsig.png

;_;

In your haste to whine you forget that Jagex hinted that Hati will be back, so why do you say that the programming is "wasted"? If they're developing a rotating set of temporary bosses, I think that's a nice addition. Each of us can look forward to the return of the one that we like best.

It also means Jagex have to put less effort into making new content instead of just recycling the same piece of content every year.

I honestly won't be surprised if a year or two down the line every month will have an event like Hati and Wildyworms that just get rotated in and out of the game when the date comes around. I've seen this happen with other MMO's and after a while it just gets massively repetitive.

We already know that Hati's brother Sköll will most probably be released sometime in the Spring/Summer so that's already three months covered.

Sylpheed.png

«

You know what's better than temporary bosses? Permanent ones ;)

crossed_body.png

Wyrm isn't a complete waste, brought ruby (e)'s not knowing the cap was 2000 damage :ohnoes: Made about 500k in no time tbh.

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]