Left 4 Dead

Bloodredsword

My real life friends are epic.We went to play this at a LAN,I got hunter pounced at full health,and wasn't that far from the group.I was at about 70 when they arrived,and emptied their shotguns on the hunter.Incapped by team.

On normal mode,for their first time.I admit,it was their first time,but I went through the bloody "Don't shoot any spec infected on me" rule,as well as shouting it out "DON'T SHOOT!".At least they didn't use me as a pipebomb :twss: (I used one as a pipebomb,but he asked for it.He shot the Witch.)

Dragoonson, we need you in the Zombie Plans thread.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

OHHH YEA!

nothingspecialtv7.png

Took 51 minutes on easy @ NM. I got boomered twice and somehow didn't get hit. Though I've been trying to do this for the past 3 days. =P

Most intensive thing ever.

[hide=How I did it]Universal Rules to Follow

1. Use subtitles, makes a huge difference.

2. I used bots.

3. Stick to the right or left side walls all the time. Don't ever go out into the middle of the map.

4. Remember bots will be behind you most of the time, so be sure to protect them from spawns from behind.

5. Witches: Turn flash lights off, as all bots will turn it off. Run past the witch as fast as you can. Hopefully the bots can run past her too. If you don't feel confident in running past her, or she's right in the centre of the path, just shoot her with the autoshotgun, or the hunting rifle from far away. You can startle the witch, she just can't scratch any of the survivors. I had to autshotgun her once in NM4 on the sub-roof.

NM1 through to NM3:

Use the hunting rifle to kill everything, do not rush, take it slowly.

Hunters usually spawn behind you.

Smokers spawn infront but behind the cars or on rooftops.

Boomers just come at you randomly, from nowhere.

I got boomered once in NM3, at the lift. I crouched in the building with the window at the corner.

Why use a hunting rifle? So you can kill everything that's ahead of you, from a far away distance. This gives you time to take out any special infected that spawn behind you, without having to worry too much about zombies coming from the front. Remember, these are the easiest chapters because it's all open concept, there's no narrow hallways or anything, easy to pick off stuff with the rifle.

NM4:

Use the autoshotgun.

Shoot through every wall that there's an exit. For example, you exit the saferoom, go through to the stairs. Shoot through every freaking door, or wall where a door is.

Always reload after you shoot, do not fire twice and reload again. If you have to do this, you need to stop and slow down a bit.

At the elevator, it's all just luck. Make sure you check all three points of entry towards you. To the right, left and straight ahead. Boomer & Smoke like to spawn to the right, while the hunter likes to come down the hallway and then attack from the front.

Make sure to reload - you'll most likely get a tank on the sub-roof.

NM5 - Finale:

Use shotgun again for same reasons and same tactics.

Use the room in the satellite building - make sure you get the bots in there.

Get all the gasoline tanks/propane tanks you can find.

For hordes use the gasoline tanks outside of the building.

For tanks use 1 or 2 (if you have 4 propane tanks) to hit the tank with when he comes in the building.

If you manage to hit him with the propane tanks, he'll be stunned.

Empty your autoshotgun.

You'll have time to reload to 3 shots, and then click fire, you'll empty them and hopefully the propane tanks hit him close enough so that he'll be dead, especially with the bots firing at him too.

Repeat that for the second tank, if you don't get propane tanks on the finale, just die. =P

Molotovs > Pipe Bombs, as you want the fire infront of the building, and it's portable.

I got boomered here, but the bots did not. So they protected me while I meleed/spammed my autoshotgun.

You should end with 20-30 autoshotgun rounds at the end. =P[/hide]

Good luck, this achievement was the most annoying one to get, but it certainly proved to force you to make tactics up.

Got the "All for Dead" achievement today without farming.

No Mercy: Stage 1. Survivors just exitted the building and lady luck turns me into a tank. I had no intention of getting that achievement, my first thought was to find a car. I found one in the narrow alley just before the police car and once again, lady luck kissed me as three survivors walked past and the car incapped all three of them. I see the last survivor being stranggled by a smoker and I immediately kill the smoker and whammed the car at him.

Got the achievement and about 12k damage. Weird how sometimes there's this inner monster that gets released and wreak havock.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I did that on the same map. Just about the same situation. I killed three instantly with one car punch, and the last one was stuck between the car and a building. Musta sucked for them :lol:

(They stuck it out, and we beat them by about 8,000 points :3)

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I did that on the same map. Just about the same situation. I killed three instantly with one car punch, and the last one was stuck between the car and a building. Musta sucked for them :lol:

(They stuck it out, and we beat them by about 8,000 points :3)

I suffer from a conditioncalled IED: Intermittent Explosive Disorder.

It is a condition where when a person playing L4D gets control of a Tank, he looses control and gets violent. My teamates knew about this but did nothing to prevent it. If the Smoker sends me an angry message for killing him, I will sue him.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Whoa.Double Blind Lucks?I got mine by true blind luck.The boomer vomited on me,but we had just finished the crescendo so there were no zombies to come after me.I got my hunter punch trying to headshot him by scoping.Too used to CounterStrike sniping,I guess.

I got all my easy achievements by luck how will I get the hard ones?Stay tuned.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I got Stand Tall, Unbreakable, and by pure luck of a witch being right on the edge on a saferoom I got Lamb 2 Slaughter all in an hour!

7 more achievements to go. \'

Damn, man. I still need to do Unbreakable and Untouchables, mind helping me later?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Damn, man. I still need to do Unbreakable and Untouchables, mind helping me later?

Unbreakable is the most easiest thing in the world. Just do it with bots, on easy. Death Toll is good for it, actually any of the last 10-12 achievements, death toll pwns.

I got Stand Tall, Unbreakable, and by pure luck of a witch being right on the edge on a saferoom I got Lamb 2 Slaughter all in an hour!

7 more achievements to go. \'

Unbreakable is easy, when you need to heal just go idle and it won't count against you. I still need Untouchables and I won't be able to play tommorow. Damn Superbowl <.<

Unbreakable is the most easiest thing in the world. Just do it with bots, on easy. Death Toll is good for it, actually any of the last 10-12 achievements, death toll pwns.

He need to play it with at least 1 other human player so that he can go idle. Sometimes you'll need to be healed because of unfortunate events like a tank....

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I know, but something always goes wrong. Like a tank or big horde.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

I know, but something always goes wrong. Like a tank or big horde.

Lol, I don't think those things are 'going wrong' but are part of the game. =P

But yea I can see how a horde or tank can totally screw anyone over. Happens a lot. =P

[hide=Achievements]Untouchable.jpg

DNTSU.jpg[/hide]

Four achievements in one day for me, lol. Gotta love bots. <3

Yea, going wrong was bad word choice, but you get it. I only tried twice, though, and once I also tried cr0wned and failed, so I had to heal after that, and the second time I was trying safety first as well and a bot jumped into my bullet spread as if that hunter were the president.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

I only tried twice, though, and once I also tried cr0wned and failed, so I had to heal after that, and the second time I was trying safety first as well and a bot jumped into my bullet spread as if that hunter were the president.

Just focus on getting one achievement, not two or three at a time.

Like the four achievements I got today, each one took pressure off of me. I no longer needed to try or expect to do this, cause I already had it done. Thus I could focus better, without being distracted.

One at a time works best.

If you're going for safety first, with bots, always stand behind them, never go in front. They'll shoot you like a bird.

---

47/51 Achievements:

Zombie Genocide

Safety First

What Are you Trying To Prove

All 4 Dead

I only tried twice, though, and once I also tried cr0wned and failed, so I had to heal after that, and the second time I was trying safety first as well and a bot jumped into my bullet spread as if that hunter were the president.

Just focus on getting one achievement, not two or three at a time.

Like the four achievements I got today, each one took pressure off of me. I no longer needed to try or expect to do this, cause I already had it done. Thus I could focus better, without being distracted.

One at a time works best.

If you're going for safety first, with bots, always stand behind them, never go in front. They'll shoot you like a bird.

---

47/51 Achievements:

Zombie Genocide

Safety First

What Are you Trying To Prove

All 4 Dead

The problem with Safety First is that that bots don't make a move until you. I've never been shot by bots also. And you still have to do WAyTtP? That's the easiest out of the 4 you have left!

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I think Zombie Genocidest and All 4 Dead are easier.

All 4 Dead = Cars on NM1

Zombie Genocidest = Just play for a while

Not everyone is lucky enough to become a tank at that moment and playing on expert will help towards that 53,595 zombie deaths.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I've never seen bots give friendly fire, ever. Friendly fire from a bot is like France fighting back. It just doesn't happen.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

I've never seen bots give friendly fire, ever. Friendly fire from a bot is like France fighting back. It just doesn't happen.

No, it's like Chuck Norris and Chicago Ted finishing a Mortal Kombat challenge against each other. Not going to happen until everything ceases to exist.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

No, it's like Chuck Norris and Chicago Ted finishing a Mortal Kombat challenge against each other. Not going to happen until everything ceases to exist.

It does happen tho.

I just had a L4D-related dream. I haven't played the game in like a month. What the hell.

Btw, sas there been any rumour as to when the SDK (or whatever it's called?) will be released by Valve?

2009rb9.jpg