ROW and New Rare Drops List

Nash

Today Jagex updated the ring of wealth (obviously) but the question is; what drop chances does it improve? Before this update nobody was sure if it really helped your chances at better loot or if it was just a "lucky charm" as Jagex puts it. Now with the update we see messages telling us when it works but were still left wondering what drops it actually improves our chances of getting. Another thing people are discovering is some new high value drops that include noted yew logs, coal and rune bars with a net worth ranging from 500k-2m. So what exactly does the ROW do and how does it involve these new drops?

The first thing I want to do is to break this thread into two parts; the Ring of wealth and the Rare drops list.

The Ring of Wealth:

We have now improved it so that it will better increase your chances of receiving rare items from drops or clue scrolls, occasionally improve some common drops, and give you bonus items in a few specific pieces of content. What’s more, the ring will now also let you know when it has made a difference to your drops, so you can better judge how useful wearing one is for how you play.

From this quote from Jagex we have three things to consider:

-Rare items

-Common drops

-Bonus items

Rare items:

Rare items such as dragon chains, abby whips, and visages. This seems pretty obvious but what seems to be the question is if this is a different category than the bonus items (see below).

Common drops:

Herbs, Runes, food drops, etc drops are all occasionally improved. From what ive noticed after killing some dust devils, ankou skeles and chaos druids is that these drops really arent effected that much.

Bonus items:

I think this kind of goes with the Rare Items drops but this is where im wondering whats been updated. I imagine these new noted drops of yews, coal, etc are part of this category. So the question is, how often does the ROW help you gain a drop from this category?

In the past Jagex has compared the effects of the ROW to playing roulette. So lets say that every time you kill a monster, you have a chance for your ROW to help you get either a Rare drop, a Common drop, or a Bonus Item.

Since your drops arent actually based off an imaginary roulette wheel, im going to try and explain it in how the math behind your drops could work:

Every time you kill a monster, the computer produces a random number to decide what drop you get. This is called Random Integers. In my example itll roll a number between 1-1000.

So of those 1000 numbers;

Without ROW

500/1000 numbers give you coins

400/1000 numbers gives you a common drop

100/1000 numbers gives you a rare/bonus item

With ROW

375/1000 numbers give you coins

425/1000 numbers gives you a common drop

200/1000 numbers gives you a rare/bonus item

So obviously thats just showing that the ROW increases your chances of getting a rare/bonus item. Most of you should probably know that already. But whats worth considering is that the ROW increases your drop chances by a flat rate %. So whether your fighting fire giants or the KBD, the increase from your ROW will always be the same.

keep in mind im pulling these numbers out of nowhere and theyre just there to help create a mental image.

So now youve rolled one of the 200 numbers that gives you a rare/bonus item, well done! But now you have to roll again on a different table to decide what you get.

Now the computer is going to get you a number 1-1000 to decide what item on the rare/bonus item list you get:

This is where it gets tricky, because the ROW doesnt increase your chances of getting a better drop on this one; it only help you get to it.

Rare/Bonus Item List:

500/1000 of the numbers will get you an uncut gem drop

300/1000 of the numbers will get you a rune item, half of key, etc

200/1000 of the numbers will get you a bonus item

100/1000 of the numbers will get you a rare drop that is specific to that monster.

If you roll a bonus item or a rare drop, itll roll again to decide what you get from those lists.

Remember these numbers are all hypothetical examples and I dont pretend to actually know the odds of the drops. But from this theory, the ring only improves the chances of getting onto the next round. Although this does increase the odds of getting a rare/bonus item; the odds of getting a Rare instead of an uncut saphire or a half of key is still the same (unaffected by the ROW itself).

Hopefully my theory makes some sense. Sorry if im not explaining things clearly enough; if the way im wording things is confusing please tell me and ill try to rephrase it. Basically what im wondering is;

Main question: Whats more important; killing alot of monsters or killing high lvl monsters.

-If the ROW helps you get to the Rare/Bonus item round, doesnt killing more monsters as opposed to higher level monsters mean youll get better chances of getting a bonus item drop?

Im going to look into this, gunna try cannoning fire giants, greaters, etc and see what I come up with.

The New Drops List:

Now for the second half of the thread. I want to try to gather a list of all the drops that could be on this list. This would include the noted yew logs, coal, etc. So if youve gotten one please post here saying what drops you got and from what monsters. Maybe even use this log if you want to be an overachiever:

Drop Received:

Monster Killed:

Approx Kills to get:

Wearing Row?: [Y/N]

If so, did the ROW message go off when you got your drop?:

Thanks for reading,

-C14

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

hmm not quite. Im trying to show that although the ROW does improve the chances of getting a rare drop... The odds of getting an uncut gem vs a dchain/rare are still the same. Maybe went a little over board on the examples.

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

Seems to me like you just pulled together a bunch of random numbers to show that the ROW improves chances of rare drops. We already know this...unsure.gif

Well, I think it's more to help the person decide on if it's worthwhile or not in certain situations.

j0xPu5R.png

Drop Received: 1,000 Raw Swordfish / Dragon Dagger

Monster Killed: Black Demons

Approx Kills to get: 100

Wearing Row?: [Y/N] YES

Drop Received: 500 Raw Sharks

Monster Killed: Jungle Stryks

Approx Kills to get: 30

Wearing Row?: [Y/N] YES

dragon dagger from abyssals after 100 kills w/ROW

150 rune arrows from ice stryk after 100 kills w/ROW

Uncut dragonstone from Dusties after 30 kills w/ROW

1000 Air orbs from abyssals after 100 kills w/ROW

more to come

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Does anyone else think that a charged ROW's teleports are worthless? Seriously, GE? Most people can teleport there just from doing easy Varrock Tasks.

Vecna Skull is now dropped by most high leveled Slayer Monsters and Black Demons, and it is priced at 10M.

No1s_Perfect.png

Drop Received: 1k air orbs

Monster Killed: Ice strykewyrms

Approx Kills to get: 59

Wearing Row?: [Y/N] Yes

If so, did the ROW message go off when you got your drop?: The RoW activates its message every ice wyrm kill even if the drop is common, I think it's bugged. So, yes.

Does anyone else think that a charged ROW's teleports are worthless? Seriously, GE? Most people can teleport there just from doing easy Varrock Tasks.

The GE one might be useless but the misc teleport sure isn't. It takes you right near Ghrim, which is even better than the misc teleport scroll that comes from clues. Not to mention RoW is rechargeable and cheaper over time.

Drop Received: 10 Palm seeds

Monster Killed: Abyssal Demons

Approx Kills to get: 150

110315170346.png

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

Drop Received: 51 Torstol

Monster Killed: Black Demons

Approx Kills to get: 110

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Vecna Skull is now dropped by most high leveled Slayer Monsters and Black Demons, and it is priced at 10M.

Agreed, I have my Varrock teleport set to the GE as it is, and the Miscellania tele isn't useful for me as I like to get my approval rating up first, then go to Advisor Ghrim.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

Agreed, I have my Varrock teleport set to the GE as it is, and the Miscellania tele isn't useful for me as I like to get my approval rating up first, then go to Advisor Ghrim.

varrock = fountain (farm runs), wealth to ge is pretty useful :)

Seeing as your odds are based of hypothetical numbers, we can't draw any significant conclusions from them, if many at all. We can get a rough idea, however. I'd be interested to see what crops up with lots of research, though.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Drop Received: 150 Onyx Bolts

Monster Killed: Fire Giants

Approx Kills to get: 65

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Drop Received: Dragon dagger

Monster Killed: Ice Strykewyrms

Approx Kiss: 40

Wearing Row? No

Drop Received: 500 Big bones

Approx Kills: 70

Wearing RoW? No

Drop Received: 1000 Fire orbs

Approx Kills: 90

Wearing RoW? No

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.