First time through GodWars

Vroqren

I am training, for my first time through a boss chamber (Bandos) in the GodWars dungeon. I am going to be the tank, with a godsword. My friend will be using range, and my other friend will be using magic. So, I have a question about each of us.

Tank (Me) - I'll probably be using the Bandos Godsword, but I might change my mind and go for the Zammy one. My question is - would Ice Cleave affect General Graardor? I saw nothing suggesting that it wouldn't, but I wanted to be sure.

Ranger (Friend) - How useful could he be? To me, it seems like arrows wouldn't do much good against General Graardor, but again, I don't know.

Mage (Friend) - He wants to be using Ancient Magic. He is unsure if his ice spells could freeze General Graardor. I was fairly confident, but not 100%, which is what he wants. Any answer to any of my questions would be nice! Thank you!

60.png

Join FC "w60_find_pen" For Penguins every week, and helpful people!

mertick.png

The zamorak godword spec does work IF it hits, but bandos godsword is much better for reducing defense in comparison to zamorak.

For ranging, it depends on the range lv, but if you range you should use a crossbow not arrows, arrows will hardly (if any) hit him.

For maging gradador has a strong magic defence but ice spells will freeze him but you'll be splashing 90% of the time.

And this sounds like a very inexperienced bad team to put it straight. You'll be crashed by 138s with claws overloads and turmoil if you do manage to get kills.

your entire team should melee unless one of them has 20+ more range levels then melee. Mage should never be used. If the entire team is your stats, you'll get crashed in under 3 kills if you can even find a world.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Ice cleave will affect Graardor as normal. So will ice spells.

Ranging Graardor non-solo can be done quite well (make sure your friend tanks the mage minion if possible). Use a crossbow and a spirit shield.

You will likely die or be crashed or forced to teleport out before you get one kill. With your mage friend not hitting at all (or your ranger or yourself for that matter) it will be nearly impossible to win.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Yeah, Bandos is very competitive. Kandy (138), Octarine (137) and myself when I was 136 almost got crashed too, and we're maxed melees, overloads, claws, yaks and they have turm and chaotics yet people still tried to crash and to leech.Also as said above your stats don't bode well for tanking, and the range and mage idea wont get you anywhere but crashed.

Bladewing is right in saying go to Zamorak. It is always empty and you'll never have trouble finding a world. Your idea also seems to be more for fun than serious bossing. So I'd highly advise to either train to maxed melees, get turm, ovls, yak and a chaotic and then go back to bandos....

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

^However zamorak probably isnt feasible either, unless you got someone outside of your group to tank for you.

being comboed with one of krils hits through prayer (consistently >450) and a minions hit (200ish) could spell a one-hit KO on you very easily

(and I get hit like that pretty commonly when I tank him too)

Find someone else to tank, and then zamorak would probably be fine for you, warriors (non-tanks) take hardly any damage there

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Oh - that cheers me up. Sounds like I won't be doing any GodWars for a while... Just one thing - is killing General Graardor really that popular, that I would have a hard time finding a world without tons of people there?

60.png

mertick.png

Oh - that cheers me up. Sounds like I won't be doing any GodWars for a while... Just one thing - is killing General Graardor really that popular, that I would have a hard time finding a world without tons of people there?

Yes, Graardor is probably the most killed boss.

Lootshare worlds are pretty much never open.

Regular worlds are open more often, but there are tons of people looking to crash.

Don't use mage - it barely hits even at a high level in max gear.

Don't range unless you have really bad melee gear/stats. Use rune crossbow and diamond bolts.

For melee... typically I would say that whip is better - however this might not be true at your stats. The accuracy of the godsword might be needed. Bandos would be best for the defence reduction if it hits.

Zamorak godwars is always open... but it's much harder than bandos and you need a higher leveled person to tank.

Hmm, after reading these posts, I've decided to attempt Armadyl Godwars instead. I won't be able to afford the Armadyl Godsword, but I can't fight with melee there anyway. I'll get 70 ranged, and probably use a rune crossbow with Diamond bolts, as suggested for fighting General Graardor. Any reasons as to why I won't be able to take on this boss, other than and not including my skill stats?

60.png

mertick.png

Armadyl will hit you wayyyy too hardd. I don't mean to be a downer, but GWD isn't the greatest place for your level. KBD or even the mole may be good for you with the aspect of a boss.

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

I think you guys all missed something, and that's probably my fault. I'm not going with the bare minimum. I'm going to train, and train, and train. This won't be happening for a long time. I don't know how long, and so I made this post to plan a bit more. I will have higher skills than what's on my signature. Those skills are incorrect, and will get less and less correct every day.

60.png

mertick.png

I'd personally reccomend at least 80 melees if you are going with a LS/CS group. Any less than that and you probably won't have enough power to be of too much help to the rest of your team.

That being said, if you want to experience it a bit now, like others have said, go do Zamorak GWD. The method is similar to bandos, and though you chew through more supplies than you would at, say, Bandos, it would be a good intro. You would need to find a tank, however

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

Tanking with 62 defense will be tough if not impossible. I would suggest K'ril as he is much easier to kill (IMO) but your much more likely to get killed by a combo there as well. Also if tanking I'd say go with a whip and granite shield instead of a Godsword for that extra range def and the fact you'll get more hits in between eating (which you are going to do a LOT of). All I can really say is good luck and I hope you get a kill.

Rohanlord.png

Notable solo drops: x3 Bandos boots, x2 Dragonic Visage, x2 Bandos Tassets, x1 Bandos Hilt, x1 Bandos Chestplate

Recommended stats for tanking Graardor: 90 defence, 70 prayer, 90 hp, fruit bat.

Recommended for tanking K'ril: 90 defence and magic, 70 prayer, 90 hp, unicorn.

Kree'arra can't be tanked, but I recommend 70 defence, 90 magic and 90 ranged, with 74 prayer and rigour + fruit bat minimum.

Tanking Zilyana: 99 defence, 70 prayer, 99 hp, unicorn, torva or divine, overloads.

Kiting Zilyana: Verac's set, 70 prayer, fruit bat/unicorn, 90 attack and strength on all teammates (no tank here). Or, in small teams/solo, 90 ranged and 80 defence.

^All mimimum stats. You will likely not last long or get a kill at all (Graardor) but it should work for a few kills in a team.

For pro tanking I would add overloads to all lists.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Your siggy isn't incorrect.

Hmm, didn't realize that it changed with my skills. Anyway - I realize that you guys have little faith in me, but as I said, I will be training for a while before I do this, it's not like I'm just gunna go with the crappy skills I have.

60.png

mertick.png