Favorite Lyricist?

Sunwarriord

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to some of my Tupac albums again yesterday, and I have to admitt that his lyrics are really good as well, of course I already knew that but I kind of forgot about them. Of course there are the occasional "gangsta" rap songs with less top notch lyrics, but most of it are high quality lyrics. So I'm going for Tupac and Bob Dylan.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Picking more contempory artists, Eminem (before he jumped the shark) and definately Kanye West I'd put forward and I don't particularly like rap :)

Although I have to admit that I have never heard the expression "jumped the shark," I agree with you about eminem. His first two albums (SSLP and MMLP) were amazing. The Eminem Show was, IMO, just as good, but had a more mainstream sound to it. Encore was pretty much a tired-sounding mainstream album that relied on stupid bathroom humor.

finalsig9wq.gif

for hip-hop lyricists it goes rakim, big daddy kane, nas, notorious big, jay-z and 2pac, and, to a lesser extent, ice cube, raekwon/ghostface/method man/odb/gza (pick your fave wu-tang member, tho most will say ghost or meth), black thought, eminem, krs-one and kool g rap, all in that order.

bob dylan and bob marley are my all time favorites for any other genre of music.

George Pettit (alexisonfire)

A couple of them from alexisonfire used to be my neighbours, and they'd jam in my next door neighbours garage :P

summerpngwy6.jpg

gr, you told me, and yes i was jealous then, and yes im jealous now :P

Ah, don't remember that ;P maybe you were under a diff. username then

summerpngwy6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...