Royal Wedding

pal2002

I don't get the hate for this?

I mean, sure, im not waking up 3am to watch a wedding, but for some people, and definately not a minority, it is a pretty big deal. And it sounds like it's going to be a pretty good time too. Whats wrong with that?

Staurolite.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres something a little bit different:

Jay&SilentBob

0 Views From the creators of "Clerks", "Mallrats", and "Chasing Amy", Kevin Smith and his knucklehead friend, Jason Mewes, do live commentary of the Royal Wedding from their View Askewniverse POV.

I can only imagine what that is going to be like.

And...I'm up at 2AM for this!

Well...got no classes until 1 pm tomorrow..wait...today anyways.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

We have the Royal wedding on the telly in the background but im not really watching it.

I wish them the best like I would any other couple getting married, but I am not glued to the telly.

If im still at home when the wedding starts I wouldn't mind seeing her dress, but I am due at the hospital at 12, not sure what time the wedding is starting.

lizzy, wedding starts at 11. sorry you still got work today.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

I mean, sure, im not waking up 3am to watch a wedding, but for some people, and definately not a minority, it is a pretty big deal. And it sounds like it's going to be a pretty good time too. Whats wrong with that?

Only a third said they would, which is a minority. We'll have to wait for the TV ratings to come out, I imagine they'd be higher than a third but perhaps not a majority.

It'll be way more than a third, Republicans just like to think they are the majority, when really they are the minority. I'm hardly a Royalist, but anything is better than All Hail President Cameron.

keen.png

I'm exhausted and can barely keep my eye open @4:21AM - but wow I'm blown away by the ceremony and how amazing Kate and William look.

This is the modern fairy tale.

Congratulations and best wishes to the newly wedded!

(Current estimates @ 2billion viewers)

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

I'm exhausted and can barely keep my eye open @4:21AM - but wow I'm blown away by the ceremony and how amazing Kate and William look.

2.2 billion people have access to television... So they expect about 90% of the population of earth that owns a television to watch?

It'll be way more than a third, Republicans just like to think they are the majority, when really they are the minority. I'm hardly a Royalist, but anything is better than All Hail President Cameron.

dry.gif Cameron's doing a fine job running the country, go put your senseless political comments elsewhere.

I wish the couple all the best for the future, it's about time we had something positive to talk about. You have to admit, when we put our effort into it, we can do ceremonies better than China.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

2.2 billion people have access to television... So they expect about 90% of the population of earth that owns a television to watch?

2.5 billion watched Diana funeral back in 1997

k9999-crazyarm.gif

Do remember that people from all over the world do watch this - from countries other than those in the commonwealth too.

The U.S. probably has the worst viewership numbers out of most countries - from the terrible time conversion - 5:01am for me now..so tired...but also from lack of interest in the royals and a general lack of sense of civics - hell, maybe 5% of this country actually tunes in for the state of the union, but you'll get 20% for American Idol...

Anyways, waiting for the kiss now <3

Kiss kiss kiss.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

2.2 billion people have access to television

2.5 billion watched Diana funeral back in 1997

I'm going to guess the website I got my numbers off of is wrong, then.

lol abc tv anchor - "lots of people will be making a lot of money today, just look at all those flags out there"

also - ~1million people crammed in front of the Buckingham balcony

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

:huh:

I never said anything about republicanism. Not watching the royal wedding is hardly equivalent to being a republican.

anyways there was the kiss - actually the TWO kisses. Wonderful.

And it's lights out for me just as the sun's about to rise.

G'nightmorning chat.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

I was impressed with the dress.

Nothing fancy, nice and simple. Not too fussed about the detail on the bum though,but like the reporter on the radio was saying because she has no shape, her dress is padded to give her some shape.

I missed the ceremony as I was in the bath, and missed them leaving as I was in the hospital, but what I did see in between seemed nice.

I wish them all the best.

The Ceremony inside the Abbey was incredibly grand. So much gold everywhere. With the choir singing it was just incredible, a once in a lifetime Wedding for sure.

The sheer number of people along the Mall and in front of Buckingham Palace was mind blowing. Their two kisses looked so much happier than Charles and Diana. Was also nice to see the Royal family as an actual family up on the balcony, talking, happy and helping the kids.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I watched it - I am usually up at that time of night anyways, and after two days of tornado pictures I was ready to watch anything.

I dont see the problem with royal doings. The world needs a little pomp & pageantry from time to time.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Watched most of it this morning, quite a nice event. It's nice to see a bit of patriotism now and again, something we don't often get here in our country outside of the world cup. I loved her dress, it was so elegant but not too over the top, really beautiful. The whole ceremony was nice and I went 'AWWW' every time the little bridesmaids and page boys were on screen. The boys in their little outfits... *squee* ^_^

I didn't want to miss it, what would be the point? It's not often we get these sort of events and it's nice knowing in the future that you can say you were at least a small part of it.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].